Rampage ''I Think I Figured Out How To Beat Jones''

most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
100 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
88 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
149 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Rare Pics of B.G. Derrick (N.O. Rap)
52 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '06        #81
Yung Dilla 1478 heat pts1478 OP
space
space
$54,892 | Props total: 25681 25681
 nightmare said:
u gotta point, but i u also gotta consider that cormier will be much smaller for that f!ght and may not have the same power as he did for those f!ghts, that sed cormier is definitely a much more decorated wrestler, however i think jon jones striking is much better and his overall athleticism is better than cormier, also..................THE REACH
Dc said he makes 205 easy with no strength or speed loss because his frame is a natty 205
 5 years ago '06        #82
nightmare 429 heat pts429
space
space
$13,073 | Props total: 37 37
 Yung Dilla said:
Dc said he makes 205 easy with no strength or speed loss because his frame is a natty 205
should be a good f!ght then, i still got bones tho
 5 years ago '05        #83
Cee4our 1 heat pts
space
space
$3,824 | Props total: 57 57
i cant stand jbj and i like dc...but i think dc gets absolutely destroyed by jbj at 205. his striking isnt anywhere near jbj and really we dont know anything about dc's bjj.
 5 years ago '05        #84
44Caliber 18 heat pts18
space
space
$4,576 | Props total: 22 22
 Cee4our said:
i cant stand jbj and i like dc...but i think dc gets absolutely destroyed by jbj at 205. his striking isnt anywhere near jbj and really we dont know anything about dc's bjj.

true but what if DC gets a hold of Jones? I definitely think DC has the wrestling to take Jones down and pound on him.
 5 years ago '07        #85
CHILL24 1 heat pts
space
space
$3,020 | Props total: 383 383
^ when does a hypothetical situation hold any weight in whats really goin on....? Shogun aint in Pride an he wasnt "Pride Shogun" that night...he lost get over it...
 5 years ago '11        #86
PotheadFocker 169 heat pts169
space
space
$33,330 | Props total: 8464 8464
 44Caliber said:

true but what if DC gets a hold of Jones? I definitely think DC has the wrestling to take Jones down and pound on him.
I think Jones wrestling will at the least allow him to defend the shot and sprawl. What if Glass Hands breaks his hands in the first and just tries to shoot over and over and Bones picks him apart on the feet?

What if Cormier has to f!ght someone like Rashad to get the shot and Rashad mollywhops him?

Theres a lot of what ifs to consider, considering the f!ght is far from booked
 09-24-2012, 05:15 PM         #87
Gramzsdfasdfsdf 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 endless lies said:
Shogun has had 3 knee surgeries. Most NFL stars retire after ONE.

And he was coming in off a broken collarbone.

PRIDE Shogun would r*pe through Bones.

Even the blindest of Jones ballwashers could admit this. Then again, they don't even know what PRIDE is.
Shogun is one of favorite f!ghters of all-time but his injuries have derailed him a bit.

He still had f!ght of the Year last year against Hendo.

Too bad his knee won't allow him to cut to MW.
 09-24-2012, 05:21 PM         #88
Gramzsdfasdfsdf 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 PotheadFocker said:
I think Jones wrestling will at the least allow him to defend the shot and sprawl. What if Glass Hands breaks his hands in the first and just tries to shoot over and over and Bones picks him apart on the feet?

What if Cormier has to f!ght someone like Rashad to get the shot and Rashad mollywhops him?

Theres a lot of what ifs to consider, considering the f!ght is far from booked
Greco-Roman wrestling at it's finest:

[pic - click to view]

I don't think it's a matter of if but when Cormier puts Jones on his back when they f!ght.
 5 years ago '06        #89
space
space
 endless lies said:
You can say "Oh, I've watched and trained in MMA for years" that doesn't make it true.

You don't know sh*t about MMA, kid. Who do you train with? I'll wait.

Josh Barnett "aint spectacular" is more proof you have no idea what you're talking about.

This isn't even English.

If you would've tried to learn reading and writing as long as you claim to have been into MMA, you wouldn't come off as being illiterate.
ok ur basically saying that because Cormier beat two good f!ghters, hes automatically on the level of Jones who beaten a slew of elite f!ghters and legends after only about 4 years of training? fu*k outta here, u cant compare that

and while barnett is nice, i wouldnt put him legendary or super elite status

and i trained with Iron Horse wit Mike Massenzio for awhile

and who cares about proofreading on this forum, im not writing an academic thesis, so suck a d!ck
 5 years ago '08        #90
triznathaniel 42 heat pts42
space
space
$5,826 | Props total: 1322 1322
I'd like to see how Bones's strength compares to a guy like DC... Truthfully, I wouldn't mind seeing Bones's strength tested by any HW, even someone at the lower end of the top 10. I was shocked to see how easily he shrugged off Bader's shot and how he handled Shogun in the clinch...

As far as who has the better wrestling, wasn't DC an Olympian or an alternate or something like that? I believe Jones was an NAIA champ in college, not exactly D-1 to my understanding...
 09-24-2012, 05:40 PM         #91
Gramzsdfasdfsdf 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 triznathaniel said:
I'd like to see how Bones's strength compares to a guy like DC... Truthfully, I wouldn't mind seeing Bones's strength tested by any HW, even someone at the lower end of the top 10. I was shocked to see how easily he shrugged off Bader's shot and how he handled Shogun in the clinch...

As far as who has the better wrestling, wasn't DC an Olympian or an alternate or something like that? I believe Jones was an NAIA champ in college, not exactly D-1 to my understanding...
There's no comparison between the two's wrestling.

I've been following Cormier's wrestling career since like 2000. He easily has the best wrestling in all of MMA and knows how to use it in the realm of a MMA f!ght.

I'm just surprised how quick his hands are looking.
 5 years ago '08        #92
space
space
 nightmare said:
ok ur basically saying that because Cormier beat two good f!ghters, hes automatically on the level of Jones who beaten a slew of elite f!ghters and legends after only about 4 years of training? fu*k outta here, u cant compare that

and while barnett is nice, i wouldnt put him legendary or super elite status

and i trained with Iron Horse wit Mike Massenzio for awhile

and who cares about proofreading on this forum, im not writing an academic thesis, so suck a d!ck
Barnett does have way more experience f!ghting than DC, it was very impressive how dominant he was in that f!ght. Maybe DC needs experience f!ghting against UFC elites, but you could at least say he's at Werdum's level in the division, not bad at all for a guy with only 9 f!ghts in his career...

But who said DC was at the same level of Jones as far as career achievements? All anyone is doing is saying that DC would hold advantages in some areas in his game over Bones, and the reason anyone is doing that anyway is because the guy himself is campaigning for a f!ght with the kid...

A lot of these bandwagon fans do the same thing, looking for reasons to be pissed at the naysayers, even when the critique is reasonable... going so far as to start making sh*t up that people never said... please don't be one of these jerks dude
 5 years ago '08        #93
space
space
 Gramz said:
There's no comparison between the two's wrestling.

I've been following Cormier's wrestling career since like 2000. He easily has the best wrestling in all of MMA and knows how to use it in the realm of a MMA f!ght.

I'm just surprised how quick his hands are looking.
Yeah I figured that about the wrestling credentials... I admittedly know next to nothing about amateur wrestling in general, and I think everyone is surprised at Cormier's level of comfort with striking... I didn't know anything about this dude before the Strikeforce HW GP, and all the analysts seemed surprised at how he KOed Bigfoot and picked Barnett apart...

It sounded to me like a move to 205 was still up in the air though... My guess is DC will be more definitive about his plans after Dec. 29th...
 5 years ago '09        #94
Zaosyn 261 heat pts261
space
space
$14,068 | Props total: 1115 1115
Why can't we all agree that there are better f!ghters than Jon Jones at 205? Lyoto taking the strap, if not, Cormier dropping to 205 and taking the strap Dude got his arm taken off by a 1 handed f!ghter. Jon knows this, he said today he wants to f!ght Dan Henderson next, someone he admitted is less lethal that Roidenom.

This dudes championship reign has been padded
 5 years ago '06        #95
space
space
 triznathaniel said:
Barnett does have way more experience f!ghting than DC, it was very impressive how dominant he was in that f!ght. Maybe DC needs experience f!ghting against UFC elites, but you could at least say he's at Werdum's level in the division, not bad at all for a guy with only 9 f!ghts in his career...

But who said DC was at the same level of Jones as far as career achievements? All anyone is doing is saying that DC would hold advantages in some areas in his game over Bones, and the reason anyone is doing that anyway is because the guy himself is campaigning for a f!ght with the kid...

A lot of these bandwagon fans do the same thing, looking for reasons to be pissed at the naysayers, even when the critique is reasonable... going so far as to start making sh*t up that people never said... please don't be one of these jerks dude
i never denied that DC "can" take out Bones, but wen i sed he hadnt fought nobody, i was wasnt trashing Barnett as some ppl took it, i was merely saying that so far Jones has put in more work, thats all, i like both f!ghters tho, its US vs. Them, at least not for me. but wen cats like Zao, clearly hating saying bs, i gotta say something
 5 years ago '06        #96
space
space
 Zaosyn said:
Why can't we all agree that there are better f!ghters than Jon Jones at 205? Lyoto taking the strap, if not, Cormier dropping to 205 and taking the strap Dude got his arm taken off by a 1 handed f!ghter. Jon knows this, he said today he wants to f!ght Dan Henderson next, someone he admitted is less lethal that Roidenom.

now i kno u trolling
 5 years ago '05        #97
MysticKJ 28 heat pts28
space
space
$15,420 | Props total: 4757 4757
 Gramz said:

[pic - click to view]

Zaosyn said:
 5 years ago '08        #98
space
space
 Zaosyn said:

Lyoto himself doesn't believe this, otherwise he would have taken the title shot on a month's notice... The guys he's fought and beaten don't want it, the guys on their way up don't really want it either, it's hard for anyone to get behind f!ghters who don't believe in themselves... but thanks for the laugh Zao
 09-24-2012, 06:32 PM         #99
One Shot 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Zaosyn said:

5 years ago '09        #100
Zaosyn 261 heat pts261
space
space
$14,068 | Props total: 1115 1115
Jone's championship reign:
Shobum who is a bum
Rampage who was injured and had a punchers chance
Machida beat himself
Suga didn't have a gameplan after the first round and was just f!ghting to not get finished
Belfort who f!ghts at 185 and had a broken hand coming into the f!ght AND only had a punchers chance

And Dan Henderson was gonna f!ght befor Belfort who also only had a punchers chance, so tell me how this reign isn't padded
Home      

most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
153 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside X-MEN return to Marvel Studios in less than 48 hours
90 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
71 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Dec 12 - US 'Living Off 1950s Infrastructure,' Must Spend $2 Trillion to Moder..
78 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Floor Kids (Game looks dope)
20 comments
2 days ago
@games
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Snippets of American Dream-Cole ft. Kendrick
46 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA LONZO BALL FULL HIGHLIGHTS DEBUT GAME IN NY GOES OFF FROM 3 POINT LAND :mj..
50 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Who's jumping on this Tron(Trx) Spaceship??
96 comments
2 days ago
@misc
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy