International Galaxy S III (Quad-Core) vs. iPhone 5

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Fan Draws life like Picture Of Joe Budden
37 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Jeezy dissed Ralo on "Respect" , i told Ralo and its about to go down.
232 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Chick Rants About Only Liking Hood Guys! "I Love When I see A N*gga Glo..
106 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NBA Big Baller Brand Shoe Review
59 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '05        #41
Adamsville 131 heat pts131
space
space
$12,434 | Props total: 589 589
 PTC said:
Yes, why yes it is.

However, I wasn't referring to that...clearly.
aight b, I dont think you or I know what you were referring to then.
 5 years ago '11        #42
PTC 138 heat pts138
space
space
space
$9,068 | Props total: 1551 1551
 Adamsville said:
aight b, I dont think you or I know what you were referring to then.
Don't you think it's pretty fu*kin stupid to have 2 different task k!lling options with one that k!lls more tasks than the other?

So theres one button that k!lls all tasks recently (no where does it indicate this nor would one ever know)...

And theres another one where you have to press the OTHER button to get to the OTHER RAM k!lling screen then only on THAT screen can you k!ll ALL the processes.

Again, no where does it indicate this, it's just something... you'd have to know.

Like I said ---> not realistic for most people and not intuitive.
 5 years ago '04        #43
Venom 29 heat pts29
space
space
$14,130 | Props total: 784 784
 PTC said:
And my point is, it's one of the things that makes it MORE DIFFICULT than it NEEDS to be.

And Hovi Bryant is saying, most people who use Android probably don't go through everything you just said to clear their RAM, it's not "realistic"...

Only the ones on the internet that know about ROMing their phone.
it have nothing to do with ROMS, the instruction manual even explains how to do it. its not difficult period
 5 years ago '11        #44
PTC 138 heat pts138
space
space
space
$9,068 | Props total: 1551 1551
 Venom said:
it have nothing to do with ROMS, the instruction manual even explains how to do it. its not difficult period
It's also not difficult to comprehend that I never said anything was difficult.
 5 years ago '05        #45
space
space
 PTC said:
Don't you think it's pretty fu*kin stupid to have 2 different task k!lling options with one that k!lls more tasks than the other?

So theres one button that k!lls all tasks recently (no where does it indicate this nor would one ever know)...

And theres another one where you have to press the OTHER button to get to the OTHER RAM k!lling screen then only on THAT screen can you k!ll ALL the processes.

Again, no where does it indicate this, it's just something... you'd have to know.

Like I said ---> not realistic for most people and not intuitive.
you can switch between apps and k!ll them from the same built in android Multitasking app. When youre in the Multitasking/Recent Apps interface you can swipe them to remove them from Reecent Apps or press them to force stop it, clear data, check its permissions, clear its cache and defaults and all kinds of other sh*t.

Its much more thorough and efficent than iOSes multitasker.
 5 years ago '12        #46
ThePainkiller 347 heat pts347
space
space
$69,762 | Props total: 22144 22144
This thread has me in here trying to hold these tears back.

It sounds like you all need a real journalist to explain this to you all.
 5 years ago '04        #47
deux_visage 3 heat pts
space
space
$325 | Props total: 3 3
Iphone 5 has 2 cores but 3 Graphics Processing Units. So as far as rendering display images it will perform better; appearing "faster". But as far as computational power, hands down the S3 takes the W.

Its like the A6 dual core processor in the ip5 has more pertinence on "showing" things faster than actually "doing" things.

Last edited by deux_visage; 09-22-2012 at 05:20 PM..
 5 years ago '04        #48
Venom 29 heat pts29
space
space
$14,130 | Props total: 784 784
 PTC said:
It's also not difficult to comprehend that I never said anything was difficult.
you said it would be more difficult, and im explaining to you how easy it actually is
 5 years ago '06        #49
Down-N-H-Town 6 heat pts
space
space
$3,630 | Props total: 602 602
Realistically, there's not much of a difference b/t the phones. iPhone is faster on some tests, but it's not like the S3 took 5 mins longer, it was only off by a few seconds. It really does depend on the software. I like iPhone's simplicity, but I like the fact that I can have widgets on my S2. The only thing that Android is lacking is the universal updates. If the S3 can push Jellybean ASAP and be efficient, I will get the S3 hands down. Before I got the IceCream Sandwich update, it took me months to find it and I couldn't follow all of the tech ROM sh*t. They need to make it more simple.
 5 years ago '11        #50
SugaHillRomello 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$858 | Props total: 0 0
Of course the Iphone is faster. It has a dual core processor running nothing but a glorified app drawer
 5 years ago '05        #51
P-Hill|M 26 heat pts26
space
space
$37,088 | Props total: 10772 10772
 SugaHillRomello said:
Of course the Iphone is faster. It has a dual core processor running nothing but a glorified app drawer
 5 years ago '06        #52
coolio 57 heat pts57
space
space
$18,375 | Props total: 9 9
so the S3 had processes running in the backgroud and still was only half a second slower?

for the youtube thing, iphone was loading videos in 480p (looking horrible and no full screen ) while the S3 was loading them in HD

also, as one youtube comment pointed out about the S-voice vs Siri comparison

at 6:35 siri finishes listening to you and beeps , but this beep was recorded by s-voice(look at the mic indicator on GS3) which meant it was listening for a longer period of time, which ALSO meant it had delayed the rest of the voice a.ssistance process of listening & execution = slower reaction. this happened on all tests.

PTC said:
And my point is, it's one of the things that makes it MORE DIFFICULT than it NEEDS to be.

and the iphone 5 forcing u to close every app one by one isnt? it's actually alot faster to do it on an android than on an iphone
 09-22-2012, 07:49 PM         #53
BKLYNTAKEOVER 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
So Apple Wins Again
 5 years ago '06        #54
D.O.H. 
space
space
$5,073 | Props total: 748 748
this thread makes me totally quit discussing phones. It's a blink of an eye difference but iphone fans claim its so much faster, they win etc. Android is like there's variables. Ask anyone who doesn't care about tech and they'll be like whats the difference?
 5 years ago '04        #55
Sabotage 9 heat pts
space
space
$17,240 | Props total: 35 35
 D.O.H. said:
this thread makes me totally quit discussing phones. It's a blink of an eye difference but iphone fans claim its so much faster, they win etc. Android is like there's variables. Ask anyone who doesn't care about tech and they'll be like whats the difference?
on the real, these guys are discussing this like they work for these companies. talking about my iphone is .0000034 seconds quicker and but my phone isnt as fast because i have all of these cool widgets. they all sound like bitter bickering f*ggots
 5 years ago '05        #56
the407problem 3 heat pts
space
space
$4,516 | Props total: 231 231
 nastyNate825 said:
Android fanboys are all butthurt
naw cause i own apple stocks....gotta make money off dumb motherfu*kers
 5 years ago '04        #57
fat_boyy21 323 heat pts323
space
space
$9,570 | Props total: 2715 2715
 PTC said:

And Hovi Bryant is saying, most people who use Android probably don't go through everything you just said to clear their RAM, it's not "realistic"...

Only the ones on the internet that know about ROMing their phone.
stop trolling.. you're acting like it's difficult to go to settings --> apps --> running. even on my ipad2 there are always things that are on if you have apps synced, so stfu and get the fu*k outta here with that bs
 5 years ago '04        #58
EGO 55 heat pts55
space
space
$30,668 | Props total: 523 523
In this thread: people who have no clue how Android memory management works. You don't need a task manager. It's absolutely pointless unless you need to k!ll a rogue app, in which case you just do it in the app info screen. Go read up on how Android works at the core. Clearing the apps from recent apps is little more than a placebo effect.
 5 years ago '05        #59
Andrefrbk 1067 heat pts1067
space
space
$22,889 | Props total: 5125 5125
 SugaHillRomello said:
 5 years ago '05        #60
space
space
 fat_boyy21 said:
stop trolling.. you're acting like it's difficult to go to settings --> apps --> running. even on my ipad2 there are always things that are on if you have apps synced, so stfu and get the fu*k outta here with that bs

sh*t u can do it right from the recent apps window

[pic - click to view]

Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thread worthy Cute thick Latina
23 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside T1tty Meat from Nicki Minaj
45 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Five MORE women accuse Russell Simmons of sexual misconduct - bringing total t..
99 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Houston Better Stop Playing With Me 😩
46 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
105 comments
1 day ago