International Galaxy S III (Quad-Core) vs. iPhone 5

most viewed right now
 41
DONT LET THESE TRAPS FOOL YOU! Here's how to effectively avoid them.
41 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 30
Image(s) inside This is what the richest zip code in America looks like
98 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 29
Video inside 50 was ready to stab up Suge back in the day
37 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 27
NBA James Harden just PERMANENTLY ENDED Draymond Green tough guy career :mjlmf..
28 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '05        #21
Y.G. 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$42,770 | Props total: 17016 17016
 finishim said:
case closed, and this isn't even the one you guys got in your pocket
This is the phone I have in my pocket.


[pic - click to view]



 6 years ago '10        #22
Hovi Bryant 676 heat pts676 OP
space
avatar space
space
$30,870 | Props total: 20047 20047
 Venom said:
hold up, he clear up the processes on the iphone but not the gs3?
He did. There's a close all 'button' on the gs3 which he pressed.
 6 years ago '04        #23
Explicit 239 heat pts239
space
avatar space
space
$10,203 | Props total: 2715 2715
 Kadillac87 said:
I need to make a real world test video? Take both phones to the clubs and see which phone pull the most hoes


 Y.G. said:
You don't leave the house. Even if you did decide to venture outside, nobody is letting you in a club.
 6 years ago '04        #24
Venom 29 heat pts29
space
avatar space
space
$14,201 | Props total: 953 953
 Hovi Bryant said:
He did. There's a close all 'button' on the gs3 which he pressed.
all that does is close the recent apps, doesnt include background processes thats not recent
 6 years ago '04        #25
finishim 80 heat pts80
space
avatar space
space
$21,769 | Props total: 1 1
 Y.G. said:
This is the phone I have in my pocket.


[pic - click to view]



and as you clearly see in the video, it's slower, stats don't show reality all the time
 6 years ago '11        #26
jicka 
space
space
space
$75 | Props total: 38 38
 Y.G. said:
This is the phone I have in my pocket.


[pic - click to view]



Looks like Jellybean (supposedly quad core optimized) and the quad core S3 still couldn't keep up with the iPhone 5. Just like I was telling you the other day, a dual core processor with almost the same geek bench score as a quad core processor is going to be way faster in real world uses until these operating systems and apps are fully optimized for quad core, which is going to be awhile.

I really don't see how you can defend this other than posting your 1700 geek bench score which doesn't mean sh*t.
 6 years ago '05        #27
Adamsville 131 heat pts131
space
avatar space
space
$12,448 | Props total: 608 608
the time difference between the 2 opening apps and web browsing wasnt really significant, the animations are different on the OSes.

I put ios6 on a 4s last night and played with it, its a smooth and responsive OS for the most part. It did freeze on me, and the phone wasnt recognizing my touch inputs when I was setting up my brothers accounts -- my jellybean Sensation doesnt do that.


Im not the biggest fan of Apple or Samsung phones tbh, but if I had to choose one based solely on this video: What he says at 4:05 makes it hard for me to choose the iphone over the s3.
 6 years ago '05        #28
Y.G. 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$42,770 | Props total: 17016 17016
 jicka said:
Looks like Jellybean (supposedly quad core optimized) and the quad core S3 still couldn't keep up with the iPhone 5. Just like I was telling you the other day, a dual core processor with almost the same geek bench score as a quad core processor is going to be way faster in real world uses until these operating systems and apps are fully optimized for quad core, which is going to be awhile.

I really don't see how you can defend this other than posting your 1700 geek bench score which doesn't mean sh*t.
purplefag
 6 years ago '11        #29
Kadillac87 225 heat pts225
space
avatar space
space
$17,562 | Props total: 6771 6771
 Y.G. said:
You don't leave the house. Even if you did decide to venture outside, nobody is letting you in a club.
I'm well-known in Diamonds and Onyx
 6 years ago '11        #30
PTC 138 heat pts138
space
space
space
$9,068 | Props total: 1554 1554
 Venom said:
all that does is close the recent apps, doesnt include background processes thats not recent
And this right here is a clear example as to why Android is not an intuitive OS and requires you to do much more sh*t than necessary to get basic processes done.
 6 years ago '10        #31
Hovi Bryant 676 heat pts676 OP
space
avatar space
space
$30,870 | Props total: 20047 20047
 Venom said:
all that does is close the recent apps, doesnt include background processes thats not recent
Thats a reach. You have to go into the system or a dedicated task manager app to k!ll those. A casual user won't even fu*k with the system and I doubt many use task k!ller apps with ICS and Jellybean.

The video is a real world comparison, not an iPhone out the box versus a jellybean gs3 stripped down to a vanilla build with nothing running. Only a power user would even consider that, and these people are in the minority.
 6 years ago '05        #32
ghost213 31 heat pts31
space
avatar space
space
$2,628 | Props total: 924 924
It should really be compared with the dual core version with 2gb ram and LTE as general apps dont take advantage of the Quad core, the quad core version dont have LTE either.

Did you see how fu*ked up the videos looked in the youtube app on the ip5? That sh*t put me right off, they wouldnt even come up full screen.... border, right round the whole video lol not just the size but the top and bottom on a screen that seems a third smaller in width. Not good.
 6 years ago '11        #33
PTC 138 heat pts138
space
space
space
$9,068 | Props total: 1554 1554
 ghost213 said:
It should really be compared with the dual core version with 2gb ram and LTE as general apps dont take advantage of the Quad core, the quad core version dont have LTE either.

Did you see how fu*ked up the videos looked in the youtube app on the ip5? That sh*t put me right off, they wouldnt even come up full screen.... border, right round the whole video lol not just the size but the top and bottom on a screen that seems a third smaller in width. Not good.
I am not sure why he didn't try to double tap the video to make it bigger... not saying that it works when you do that but that's a feature that's always been there.

Again youtube is not a native app, and the app just needs to be updated to iPhone 5.
 6 years ago '11        #34
jicka 
space
space
space
$75 | Props total: 38 38
 ghost213 said:
It should really be compared with the dual core version with 2gb ram and LTE as general apps dont take advantage of the Quad core, the quad core version dont have LTE either.

Did you see how fu*ked up the videos looked in the youtube app on the ip5? That sh*t put me right off, they wouldnt even come up full screen.... border, right round the whole video lol not just the size but the top and bottom on a screen that seems a third smaller in width. Not good.
A lot of apps have borders right now. Most big apps have been updated already but some still haven't
 6 years ago '05        #35
Adamsville 131 heat pts131
space
avatar space
space
$12,448 | Props total: 608 608
 PTC said:
And this right here is a clear example as to why Android is not an intuitive OS and requires you to do much more sh*t than necessary to get basic processes done.
opening up the android task manager and hitting k!ll all is alot easier than long pressing than home and tapping every rocess you wont ended
 6 years ago '04        #36
Venom 29 heat pts29
space
avatar space
space
$14,201 | Props total: 953 953
 PTC said:
And this right here is a clear example as to why Android is not an intuitive OS and requires you to do much more sh*t than necessary to get basic processes done.
 Hovi Bryant said:
Thats a reach. You have to go into the system or a dedicated task manager app to k!ll those. A casual user won't even fu*k with the system and I doubt many use task k!ller apps with ICS and Jellybean.

The video is a real world comparison, not an iPhone out the box versus a jellybean gs3 stripped down to a vanilla build with nothing running. Only a power user would even consider that, and these people are in the minority.

all he had to do was click on the left button for the task manager on the same menu option and select clear ram and it would stop all processes and clear ram from processes that are not being currently used.

if really k!lled everything, there wouldnt be any notifcations in the bar
 6 years ago '11        #37
PTC 138 heat pts138
space
space
space
$9,068 | Props total: 1554 1554
 Venom said:
all he had to do was click on the left button for the task manager on the same menu option and select clear ram and it would stop all processes and clear ram from processes that are not being currently used.
You're completely missing the point.
 6 years ago '04        #38
Venom 29 heat pts29
space
avatar space
space
$14,201 | Props total: 953 953
 PTC said:
You're completely missing the point.
my point was, its not difficult as you making it to be
 6 years ago '11        #39
PTC 138 heat pts138
space
space
space
$9,068 | Props total: 1554 1554
 Adamsville said:
opening up the android task manager and hitting k!ll all is alot easier than long pressing than home and tapping every rocess you wont ended
Yes, why yes it is.

However, I wasn't referring to that...clearly.
 6 years ago '11        #40
PTC 138 heat pts138
space
space
space
$9,068 | Props total: 1554 1554
 Venom said:
my point was, its not difficult as you making it to be
And my point is, it's one of the things that makes it MORE DIFFICULT than it NEEDS to be.

And Hovi Bryant is saying, most people who use Android probably don't go through everything you just said to clear their RAM, it's not "realistic"...

Only the ones on the internet that know about ROMing their phone.
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 17
Image(s) inside This girl is so fcking ugly Oh my but her body A1
130 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 16
May 21 - Dad takes late son's girlfriend to prom, one month after fatal crash
58 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
 10
Image(s) inside TAYLOR BANNER out here looking like something to eat! 🌱
92 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 9
Image(s) inside Damn! Tina Fey Is Getting Thick
74 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 8
Motion Capture King Andy Serkis Takes On Jungle Book In First Trailer For ‘Mow..
33 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
 7
Video inside Jose Guapo out here down bad
61 comments
1 day ago
@misc
most viewed right now
 4
Video inside k dot kicks w**** girl off stage for n****
614 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 3
Image(s) inside H1z1 drops on PS4 tomorrow, here’s 11 tips to dominate
58 comments
1 day ago
@games
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy