International Galaxy S III (Quad-Core) vs. iPhone 5

most viewed right now
Video inside Breaking News: Everyday Struggle W Joe Budden & Akademiks Won't Be Back..
64 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Some confused X Men actors think they won't be Recast :mjlol:
58 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Article inside Details in Child Sex Complaint Against Rapper 6ix9ine Contradict His ..
251 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA LeBron James Covered His Mouth While Talking To Lonzo Ball After The Game ..
71 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '05        #21
Y.G. 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$41,645 | Props total: 13741 13741
 finishim said:
case closed, and this isn't even the one you guys got in your pocket
This is the phone I have in my pocket.

[pic - click to view]

5 years ago '10        #22
Hovi Bryant 676 heat pts676 OP
space
space
$30,732 | Props total: 19628 19628
 Venom said:
hold up, he clear up the processes on the iphone but not the gs3?
He did. There's a close all 'button' on the gs3 which he pressed.
 5 years ago '04        #23
Explicit 239 heat pts239
space
space
$10,091 | Props total: 2396 2396
 Kadillac87 said:
I need to make a real world test video? Take both phones to the clubs and see which phone pull the most hoes

Y.G. said:
You don't leave the house. Even if you did decide to venture outside, nobody is letting you in a club.
 5 years ago '04        #24
Venom 29 heat pts29
space
space
$14,130 | Props total: 784 784
 Hovi Bryant said:
He did. There's a close all 'button' on the gs3 which he pressed.
all that does is close the recent apps, doesnt include background processes thats not recent
 5 years ago '04        #25
finishim 80 heat pts80
space
space
$21,769 | Props total: 1 1
 Y.G. said:

[pic - click to view]

and as you clearly see in the video, it's slower, stats don't show reality all the time
 5 years ago '11        #26
jicka 
space
space
space
$72 | Props total: 32 32
 Y.G. said:

[pic - click to view]

Looks like Jellybean (supposedly quad core optimized) and the quad core S3 still couldn't keep up with the iPhone 5. Just like I was telling you the other day, a dual core processor with almost the same geek bench score as a quad core processor is going to be way faster in real world uses until these operating systems and apps are fully optimized for quad core, which is going to be awhile.

I really don't see how you can defend this other than posting your 1700 geek bench score which doesn't mean sh*t.
 5 years ago '05        #27
Adamsville 131 heat pts131
space
space
$12,434 | Props total: 589 589
the time difference between the 2 opening apps and web browsing wasnt really significant, the animations are different on the OSes.

I put ios6 on a 4s last night and played with it, its a smooth and responsive OS for the most part. It did freeze on me, and the phone wasnt recognizing my touch inputs when I was setting up my brothers accounts -- my jellybean Sensation doesnt do that.

Im not the biggest fan of Apple or Samsung phones tbh, but if I had to choose one based solely on this video: What he says at 4:05 makes it hard for me to choose the iphone over the s3.
 5 years ago '05        #28
Y.G. 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$41,645 | Props total: 13741 13741
 jicka said:
Looks like Jellybean (supposedly quad core optimized) and the quad core S3 still couldn't keep up with the iPhone 5. Just like I was telling you the other day, a dual core processor with almost the same geek bench score as a quad core processor is going to be way faster in real world uses until these operating systems and apps are fully optimized for quad core, which is going to be awhile.

I really don't see how you can defend this other than posting your 1700 geek bench score which doesn't mean sh*t.
purplefag
 5 years ago '11        #29
Kadillac87 225 heat pts225
space
space
$17,495 | Props total: 6665 6665
 Y.G. said:
You don't leave the house. Even if you did decide to venture outside, nobody is letting you in a club.
I'm well-known in Diamonds and Onyx
 5 years ago '11        #30
PTC 138 heat pts138
space
space
space
$9,068 | Props total: 1551 1551
 Venom said:
all that does is close the recent apps, doesnt include background processes thats not recent
And this right here is a clear example as to why Android is not an intuitive OS and requires you to do much more sh*t than necessary to get basic processes done.
 5 years ago '10        #31
Hovi Bryant 676 heat pts676 OP
space
space
$30,732 | Props total: 19628 19628
 Venom said:
Thats a reach. You have to go into the system or a dedicated task manager app to k!ll those. A casual user won't even fu*k with the system and I doubt many use task k!ller apps with ICS and Jellybean.

The video is a real world comparison, not an iPhone out the box versus a jellybean gs3 stripped down to a vanilla build with nothing running. Only a power user would even consider that, and these people are in the minority.
 5 years ago '05        #32
ghost213 31 heat pts31
space
space
$2,520 | Props total: 745 745
It should really be compared with the dual core version with 2gb ram and LTE as general apps dont take advantage of the Quad core, the quad core version dont have LTE either.

Did you see how fu*ked up the videos looked in the youtube app on the ip5? That sh*t put me right off, they wouldnt even come up full screen.... border, right round the whole video lol not just the size but the top and bottom on a screen that seems a third smaller in width. Not good.
 5 years ago '11        #33
PTC 138 heat pts138
space
space
space
 ghost213 said:
It should really be compared with the dual core version with 2gb ram and LTE as general apps dont take advantage of the Quad core, the quad core version dont have LTE either.

Did you see how fu*ked up the videos looked in the youtube app on the ip5? That sh*t put me right off, they wouldnt even come up full screen.... border, right round the whole video lol not just the size but the top and bottom on a screen that seems a third smaller in width. Not good.
I am not sure why he didn't try to double tap the video to make it bigger... not saying that it works when you do that but that's a feature that's always been there.

Again youtube is not a native app, and the app just needs to be updated to iPhone 5.
 5 years ago '11        #34
jicka 
space
space
space
$72 | Props total: 32 32
 ghost213 said:

A lot of apps have borders right now. Most big apps have been updated already but some still haven't
 5 years ago '05        #35
Adamsville 131 heat pts131
space
space
$12,434 | Props total: 589 589
 PTC said:
And this right here is a clear example as to why Android is not an intuitive OS and requires you to do much more sh*t than necessary to get basic processes done.
opening up the android task manager and hitting k!ll all is alot easier than long pressing than home and tapping every rocess you wont ended
 5 years ago '04        #36
Venom 29 heat pts29
space
space
 PTC said:
 Hovi Bryant said:
Thats a reach. You have to go into the system or a dedicated task manager app to k!ll those. A casual user won't even fu*k with the system and I doubt many use task k!ller apps with ICS and Jellybean.

The video is a real world comparison, not an iPhone out the box versus a jellybean gs3 stripped down to a vanilla build with nothing running. Only a power user would even consider that, and these people are in the minority.

all he had to do was click on the left button for the task manager on the same menu option and select clear ram and it would stop all processes and clear ram from processes that are not being currently used.

if really k!lled everything, there wouldnt be any notifcations in the bar
 5 years ago '11        #37
PTC 138 heat pts138
space
space
space
 Venom said:
all he had to do was click on the left button for the task manager on the same menu option and select clear ram and it would stop all processes and clear ram from processes that are not being currently used.
You're completely missing the point.
 5 years ago '04        #38
Venom 29 heat pts29
space
space
 PTC said:
You're completely missing the point.
my point was, its not difficult as you making it to be
 5 years ago '11        #39
PTC 138 heat pts138
space
space
space
 Adamsville said:
opening up the android task manager and hitting k!ll all is alot easier than long pressing than home and tapping every rocess you wont ended
Yes, why yes it is.

However, I wasn't referring to that...clearly.
 5 years ago '11        #40
PTC 138 heat pts138
space
space
space
 Venom said:
my point was, its not difficult as you making it to be
And my point is, it's one of the things that makes it MORE DIFFICULT than it NEEDS to be.

And Hovi Bryant is saying, most people who use Android probably don't go through everything you just said to clear their RAM, it's not "realistic"...

Only the ones on the internet that know about ROMing their phone.
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
62 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
93 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
31 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
If it bleeds, you can now kill it in Ghost Recon: Wildland’s new free DLC.
37 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
278 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
149 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
89 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside The Backshots would be crazy
30 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy