Image(s) inside Regina Hall - Puts Rocks in her P@#$%
26 comments
@misc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Top Tier Rap List
54 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside The Truth Behind Kanye West Blonde Hair May Have A Deeper Meaning!!
14 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Redbone Cam Girl With A Big Ole Booty
33 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (3 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

4 years ago '11        #1
48704 pageviews
1180 comments

Retro 83 heat pts83
space
space
space
$21,153 | Props total: 343 343
OT│The Official R&B Sleepers Thread

I got a couple hip-hop threads like this but no R&B so it's time to fill that void. Unlike those though I won't have this year based. Couple ground rules before we get into it though:
  • Explain WHY The Project Is Nice - I don't mean you have to give an in depth explanation just give some examples. Youtube videos will always suffice.
  • Post A Link - Unless it's a retail release pass us the link please.
I'll start with a recent one but already one of my favorites (shout out to MakeItHappen456 for puttin me on)...

[pic - click to view]

Download:
[pic - click to view]

http://daley.tv/

He reminds me a lot of Robin Thicke. He's got a lot of soul in his lyrics and a great voice, one of the best I've heard in a while. He crafts songs beautifully, his production overall doesn't fail him at all. From top to bottom this whole project is mad nice. I don't have a favorite track yet (tie between his Pretty Wings Acoustic & Doncamatic) but I think the best is Spent:

[video - click to view]

Give this tape a spin. If you like the aforementioned artist you'll like Daley too.

Post what you got. I don't have that many unfortunately so I'll keep the few I do have in my pocket to keep the thread going...

Last edited by Retro; 11-03-2012 at 10:57 PM..
TruRoux and 2 others gave props

Bedrocksfinest slapped this ish

1180 comments for "OT│The Official R&B Sleepers Thread"

4 years ago '09        #2
Difficult 135 heat pts135
space
space
space
$47,423 | Props total: 649 649

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

She reminds me of Jhene, The Dream and The Weekend a bit, but a more pop feel. I love how mellow the music is. I came across her on accident, decided to download her mixtape on datpiff just because it was featured/sponsored and I was surprised. Both of her mixtapes have 5 star ratings. Everyone's loving her sound. It's similar to those people I named but it's still unique.

[video - click to view]

[video - click to view]

[video - click to view]

4 years ago '04        #3
RoyceDa59 222 heat pts222
space
space
$14,351 | Props total: 2073 2073
 South Side said:
I got a couple hip-hop threads like this but no R&B so it's time to fill that void. Unlike those though I won't have this year based. Couple ground rules before we get into it though:
  • Explain WHY The Project Is Nice - I don't mean you have to give an in depth explanation just give some examples. Youtube videos will always suffice.
  • Post A Link - Unless it's a retail release pass us the link please.
I'll start with a recent one but already one of my favorites (shout out to MakeItHappen456 for puttin me on)...

[pic - click to view]

Download:

He reminds me a lot of Robin Thicke. He's got a lot of soul in his lyrics and a great voice, one of the best I've heard in a while. He crafts songs beautifully, his production overall doesn't fail him at all. From top to bottom this whole project is mad nice. I don't have a favorite track yet (tie between his Pretty Wings Acoustic & Doncamatic) but I think the best is Spent:

Give this tape a spin. If you like the aforementioned artist you'll like Daley too.

Post what you got. I don't have that many unfortunately so I'll keep the few I do have in my pocket to keep the thread going...
That's my favorite joint.
 09-21-2012, 01:05 PM         #4
TeddiGramz 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Zen Guitar said:

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

She reminds me of Jhene, The Dream and The Weekend a bit, but a more pop feel. I love how mellow the music is. I came across her on accident, decided to download her mixtape on datpiff just because it was featured/sponsored and I was surprised. Both of her mixtapes have 5 star ratings. Everyone's loving her sound. It's similar to those people I named but it's still unique.

New mixtape....
 4 years ago '11        #5
X_WunderKind_X 902 heat pts902
space
space
$37,778 | Props total: 4640 4640
havent been on my R&B sh*t like I should be, but I will def follow and contribute to this one....

Tinashe

chill Retro I's jus playin
 4 years ago '11        #6
space
space
Frank Ocean has had a lot of the R&B headlines recently, but After a stellar first album in 2011, Miguel is not to be forgotten so quickly.

Here's a few of his cuts from his 3 Part Art Dealer Chic Free EP Series released earlier this year:

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[video - click to view]

[video - click to view]

[video - click to view]

Download all 3 volumes Here:

4 years ago '08        #7
4sonsofHorus 17 heat pts17
space
space
$1,171 | Props total: 0 0

[pic - click to view]

4 years ago '07        #8
Get Familia 10 heat pts10
space
space
$2,469 | Props total: 14 14
I defintely co-sign this thread....a lot of R&B music goes unrecgonised these days.

I like the music posted up so...

Now i've come across this new up-coming R&B artist from London, UK. His name his Shwain.
First time i heard him was on a S.A.S track in which he did the hook for called...'Want It All'.

His EP is due to drop very soon...so if you like these video joint. Look out for him.

[video - click to view]

[video - click to view]

[video - click to view]

4 years ago '07        #10
Get Familia 10 heat pts10
space
space
$2,469 | Props total: 14 14
That Shwain's version of Marvins Room >>>> Drake
 4 years ago '08        #11
freshprinceoflb 1 heat pts
space
space
$474 | Props total: 69 69
I've been looking for this singer that i seen a Youtube video of but his name was forgotten. He's black, has a wild afro and his style is sort of bummish looking. Props to anyone who knows who i'm talking about....
 4 years ago '04        #12
RoyceDa59 222 heat pts222
space
space
$14,351 | Props total: 2073 2073
^^^
Jesse Boykins III
 4 years ago '11        #13
Retro 83 heat pts83
space
space
space

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

Got another Weeknd-esque artist this time around. His name is Julian, another member of the OVOXO camp & a Toronto import. Between he, The Weeknd & JMSN he's the "worst" but that doesn't make his music bad by any means. He has the least vocal range of the 3 and lyrically he's around The Weeknd's level (both below JMSN).

This tape was solid. Aside from "Dry Blunt" I liked it, though it didn't really leave a lasting impression on me like House of Balloons (Weeknd) or Priscilla (JMSN) did but it's worth a spin nonetheless...

Last edited by Retro; 03-09-2013 at 12:31 PM..
 4 years ago '10        #14
2113 36 heat pts36
space
space
$2,343 | Props total: 17 17
Ima go ahed and throw my girl Leah Smith into the mix,she does some RnB,inspirational/gospel,and she is dope...

[video - click to view]

[video - click to view]

[video - click to view]

[video - click to view]

4 years ago '11        #15
space
space
Been Bumping these two hard this past week. Great Find

[video - click to view]

[video - click to view]

Bringing this thread back from the dead. I got a new artist to add but imma do it this afternoon when I have more time
 4 years ago '07        #16
Sincere730 7 heat pts
space
space
$7,577 | Props total: 1047 1047
Jhene Aiko-Sailing Souls Mixtape

Emanny-Songs About Her Mixtape

The Weeknd-Echoes Of Silence EP

get these if u dont have em already
 09-26-2012, 08:37 AM         #17
TeddiGramz 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 South Side said:

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

Got another Weeknd-esque artist this time around. His name is Julian, another member of the OVOXO camp & a Toronto import. Between he, The Weeknd & JMSN he's the "worst" but that doesn't make his music bad by any means. He has the least vocal range of the 3 and lyrically he's around The Weeknd's level (both below JMSN).

This tape was solid. Aside from "Dry Blunt" I liked it, though it didn't really leave a lasting impression on me like House of Balloons (Weeknd) or Priscilla (JMSN) did but it's worth a spin nonetheless...
Can't sing and his songs suck....

randy54 slapped this ish

4 years ago '11        #18
Retro 83 heat pts83
space
space
space
 TeddiGramz said:
Can't sing and his songs suck....

I warned you about his voice, didn't say he could sing. His songs are carried by the instrumentals much like some of the Weeknd's songs. I didn't think it was that bad but different strokes...
 09-26-2012, 09:26 AM         #19
TeddiGramz 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 South Side said:
I warned you about his voice, didn't say he could sing. His songs are carried by the instrumentals much like some of the Weeknd's songs. I didn't think it was that bad but different strokes...
Naw I heard his mixtape a while ago... Listened once and never again... Just puttin my 0.02 in...
 4 years ago '05        #20
K. Slack 14 heat pts14
space
space
$1,561 | Props total: 5 5
Don't smoke anymore but this song I always remember from Keanthony....

[video - click to view]

[video - click to view]

[video - click to view]

Last edited by K. Slack; 09-26-2012 at 09:49 AM..
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Pic of Every Artist Featured On J Cole's 4YourEyezOnly... Full Lyrics ..
110 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Teanna Trump is finally free
228 comments
2 days ago
@misc
most viewed right now
70 of the Most Useful Sites on the Interweb + Other Maybe Useful Sites
202 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside just came across this gorgeous young lady from london
54 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 22 Savage vs Noplug
299 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Rapper Brisco Busted For Selling Fake Money And Credit Card Scams
109 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside #BPN: Saida Iman
40 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Dec 9 - Everything You Thought You Knew About #Dinosaurs is Wrong
78 comments
1 day ago