OT│The Official R&B Sleepers Thread

most viewed right now
 234
NCAAB UK VS UCLA (GAME THREAD) #BallGang
539 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
 135
Image(s) inside Kevin Hart claps back at fan about Dave Chappelle
61 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
 101
Image(s) inside Dr. Sebi's Hair Follicle Fortifier Gone Horribly Wrong
46 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 78
OT Top 10 Athletes Who Are Rumored To Be Gay
84 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

 5 years ago '11        #1
53394 pageviews
1257 comments


Retro 83 heat pts83
space
space
space
$21,153 | Props total: 359 359
OT│The Official R&B Sleepers Thread
 

 
I got a couple hip-hop threads like this but no R&B so it's time to fill that void. Unlike those though I won't have this year based. Couple ground rules before we get into it though:
  • Explain WHY The Project Is Nice - I don't mean you have to give an in depth explanation just give some examples. Youtube videos will always suffice.
  • Post A Link - Unless it's a retail release pass us the link please.
I'll start with a recent one but already one of my favorites (shout out to MakeItHappen456 for puttin me on)...


[pic - click to view]



Download:
[pic - click to view]

 http://daley.tv/

He reminds me a lot of Robin Thicke. He's got a lot of soul in his lyrics and a great voice, one of the best I've heard in a while. He crafts songs beautifully, his production overall doesn't fail him at all. From top to bottom this whole project is mad nice. I don't have a favorite track yet (tie between his Pretty Wings Acoustic & Doncamatic) but I think the best is Spent:


[video - click to view]


Give this tape a spin. If you like the aforementioned artist you'll like Daley too.

Post what you got. I don't have that many unfortunately so I'll keep the few I do have in my pocket to keep the thread going...


Last edited by Retro; 11-03-2012 at 09:57 PM..
TruRoux and 2 others gave props
 
Bedrocksfinest slapped this ish
 

1257 comments for "OT│The Official R&B Sleepers Thread"

 5 years ago '09        #2
Difficult 135 heat pts135
space
space
space
$47,423 | Props total: 654 654

[pic - click to view]




[pic - click to view]





[pic - click to view]




She reminds me of Jhene, The Dream and The Weekend a bit, but a more pop feel. I love how mellow the music is. I came across her on accident, decided to download her mixtape on datpiff just because it was featured/sponsored and I was surprised. Both of her mixtapes have 5 star ratings. Everyone's loving her sound. It's similar to those people I named but it's still unique.


[video - click to view]



[video - click to view]



[video - click to view]

Bidam7 gave props
 
 5 years ago '04        #3
RoyceDa59 226 heat pts226
space
avatar space
space
$14,561 | Props total: 3028 3028
 South Side said:
I got a couple hip-hop threads like this but no R&B so it's time to fill that void. Unlike those though I won't have this year based. Couple ground rules before we get into it though:
  • Explain WHY The Project Is Nice - I don't mean you have to give an in depth explanation just give some examples. Youtube videos will always suffice.
  • Post A Link - Unless it's a retail release pass us the link please.
I'll start with a recent one but already one of my favorites (shout out to MakeItHappen456 for puttin me on)...


[pic - click to view]



Download:

He reminds me a lot of Robin Thicke. He's got a lot of soul in his lyrics and a great voice, one of the best I've heard in a while. He crafts songs beautifully, his production overall doesn't fail him at all. From top to bottom this whole project is mad nice. I don't have a favorite track yet (tie between his Pretty Wings Acoustic & Doncamatic) but I think the best is Spent:



Give this tape a spin. If you like the aforementioned artist you'll like Daley too.

Post what you got. I don't have that many unfortunately so I'll keep the few I do have in my pocket to keep the thread going...
That's my favorite joint.
Bidam7 gave props
 
 09-21-2012, 12:05 PM         #4
TeddiGramz 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Zen Guitar said:

[pic - click to view]




[pic - click to view]





[pic - click to view]




She reminds me of Jhene, The Dream and The Weekend a bit, but a more pop feel. I love how mellow the music is. I came across her on accident, decided to download her mixtape on datpiff just because it was featured/sponsored and I was surprised. Both of her mixtapes have 5 star ratings. Everyone's loving her sound. It's similar to those people I named but it's still unique.





New mixtape....
Bidam7 gave props
 
 5 years ago '11        #5
X_WunderKind_X 902 heat pts902
space
avatar space
space
$38,878 | Props total: 6507 6507
havent been on my R&B sh*t like I should be, but I will def follow and contribute to this one....


Tinashe

















chill Retro I's jus playin
Bidam7 gave props
 
 5 years ago '11        #6
X_WunderKind_X 902 heat pts902
space
avatar space
space
$38,878 | Props total: 6507 6507
Frank Ocean has had a lot of the R&B headlines recently, but After a stellar first album in 2011, Miguel is not to be forgotten so quickly.

Here's a few of his cuts from his 3 Part Art Dealer Chic Free EP Series released earlier this year:


[pic - click to view]




[pic - click to view]




[pic - click to view]





[video - click to view]



[video - click to view]



[video - click to view]



Download all 3 volumes Here:





Bidam7 gave props
 
 5 years ago '08        #7
4sonsofHorus 17 heat pts17
space
avatar space
space
$1,171 | Props total: 1 1

[pic - click to view]

Bidam7 gave props
 
 5 years ago '07        #8
Get Familia 10 heat pts10
space
avatar space
space
$2,480 | Props total: 130 130
I defintely co-sign this thread....a lot of R&B music goes unrecgonised these days.

I like the music posted up so...

Now i've come across this new up-coming R&B artist from London, UK. His name his Shwain.
First time i heard him was on a S.A.S track in which he did the hook for called...'Want It All'.

His EP is due to drop very soon...so if you like these video joint. Look out for him.


[video - click to view]


[video - click to view]


[video - click to view]

Bidam7 gave props
 
 5 years ago '05        #9
Gremlin 1080 heat pts1080
space
avatar space
space
$9,301 | Props total: 2764 2764

[video - click to view]


[video - click to view]

Bidam7 gave props
 
 5 years ago '07        #10
Get Familia 10 heat pts10
space
avatar space
space
$2,480 | Props total: 130 130
That Shwain's version of Marvins Room >>>> Drake
 5 years ago '08        #11
freshprinceoflb 1 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$481 | Props total: 100 100
I've been looking for this singer that i seen a Youtube video of but his name was forgotten. He's black, has a wild afro and his style is sort of bummish looking. Props to anyone who knows who i'm talking about....
Bidam7 gave props
 
 5 years ago '04        #12
RoyceDa59 226 heat pts226
space
avatar space
space
$14,561 | Props total: 3028 3028
^^^
Jesse Boykins III
Bidam7 gave props
 
 4 years ago '11        #13
Retro 83 heat pts83 OP
space
space
space
$21,153 | Props total: 359 359

[pic - click to view]


[pic - click to view]





Got another Weeknd-esque artist this time around. His name is Julian, another member of the OVOXO camp & a Toronto import. Between he, The Weeknd & JMSN he's the "worst" but that doesn't make his music bad by any means. He has the least vocal range of the 3 and lyrically he's around The Weeknd's level (both below JMSN).

This tape was solid. Aside from "Dry Blunt" I liked it, though it didn't really leave a lasting impression on me like House of Balloons (Weeknd) or Priscilla (JMSN) did but it's worth a spin nonetheless...


Last edited by Retro; 03-09-2013 at 11:31 AM..
 4 years ago '10        #14
2113 36 heat pts36
space
avatar space
space
$2,356 | Props total: 33 33
Ima go ahed and throw my girl Leah Smith into the mix,she does some RnB,inspirational/gospel,and she is dope...



[video - click to view]



[video - click to view]



[video - click to view]



[video - click to view]

 4 years ago '11        #15
X_WunderKind_X 902 heat pts902
space
avatar space
space
$38,878 | Props total: 6507 6507
Been Bumping these two hard this past week. Great Find


[video - click to view]



[video - click to view]



Bringing this thread back from the dead. I got a new artist to add but imma do it this afternoon when I have more time
Bidam7 gave props
 
 4 years ago '07        #16
Sincere730 7 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$8,103 | Props total: 2109 2109
Jhene Aiko-Sailing Souls Mixtape

Emanny-Songs About Her Mixtape

The Weeknd-Echoes Of Silence EP

get these if u dont have em already
 09-26-2012, 07:37 AM         #17
TeddiGramz 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 South Side said:

[pic - click to view]


[pic - click to view]





Got another Weeknd-esque artist this time around. His name is Julian, another member of the OVOXO camp & a Toronto import. Between he, The Weeknd & JMSN he's the "worst" but that doesn't make his music bad by any means. He has the least vocal range of the 3 and lyrically he's around The Weeknd's level (both below JMSN).

This tape was solid. Aside from "Dry Blunt" I liked it, though it didn't really leave a lasting impression on me like House of Balloons (Weeknd) or Priscilla (JMSN) did but it's worth a spin nonetheless...
Can't sing and his songs suck....

randy54 slapped this ish
 
 4 years ago '11        #18
Retro 83 heat pts83 OP
space
space
space
$21,153 | Props total: 359 359
 TeddiGramz said:
Can't sing and his songs suck....

I warned you about his voice, didn't say he could sing. His songs are carried by the instrumentals much like some of the Weeknd's songs. I didn't think it was that bad but different strokes...
 09-26-2012, 08:26 AM         #19
TeddiGramz 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 South Side said:
I warned you about his voice, didn't say he could sing. His songs are carried by the instrumentals much like some of the Weeknd's songs. I didn't think it was that bad but different strokes...
Naw I heard his mixtape a while ago... Listened once and never again... Just puttin my 0.02 in...
 4 years ago '05        #20
K. Slack 14 heat pts14
space
avatar space
space
$1,561 | Props total: 6 6
Don't smoke anymore but this song I always remember from Keanthony....


[video - click to view]



[video - click to view]



[video - click to view]



Last edited by K. Slack; 09-26-2012 at 08:49 AM..
Bidam7 gave props
 
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 46
Video inside The Truth About your Birth Certificate! Smh
47 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 38
britney spears s3xtape leaks - her people claim its fake
132 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 37
Image(s) inside Houston Girls Love The Way It Goes Down
20 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 22
Video inside So There's a New Trendy Bra
97 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 20
Mar 23 - 1 in 3 Americans can't come up with $2,000—here's how much you should..
102 comments
19 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
 19
New Rolex released at Basel
36 comments
19 hours ago
@gear
most viewed right now
 15
Kirby with human feet is hilarious.
48 comments
23 hours ago
@games
most viewed right now
 13
Mar 23 - 14 Girls is Washington DC between the ages of 10 - 18 are missing!!!!!
141 comments
1 day ago
@news
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy