UFC 152: Jones vs Belfort Official Discussion Thread

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
135 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
126 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
70 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
70 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Who are your picks?
Jon Jones 41 77.36%
Vitor Belfort 10 18.87%
Benavidez 17 32.08%
Johnson 24 45.28%
Bisping 27 50.94%
Stann 14 26.42%
Hamill 35 66.04%
Hollett 5 9.43%
Oliveira 19 35.85%
Swanson 16 30.19%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 53. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '05        #941
MysticKJ 28 heat pts28
space
space
$15,420 | Props total: 4757 4757
 dat_boi_tj said:
People blame Lebron James, Jon Jones, Obama and Floyd Mayweather for everything... Let the GOATS be!
 PotheadFocker said:
Obama is not the GOAT President.

Clinton >>> Obama
politics...

[pic - click to view]

5 years ago '10        #942
rockyin4 14 heat pts14
space
space
$6,061 | Props total: 440 440

[pic - click to view]

Do Bronx said "fu*k this sh*t"
 5 years ago '11        #943
PotheadFocker 169 heat pts169
space
space
$33,330 | Props total: 8464 8464
Cub Swanson: "You got a little hype going kid?"

"let me wreck it"

5 years ago '08        #944
triznathaniel 42 heat pts42
space
space
$5,826 | Props total: 1322 1322
This guy always in wall of text mode

getyagameup said:
not be tested? please explain to me what the hell you're talking about??? maybe he's not been tested because he trains his a.ss off and is just that good??
That's true, but size advantage means so much in the cage... I'm not saying that's unfair... just that he is so skilled and a freak athlete that he seems unstoppable at this weight... I don't like the side that Jones has shown since the buildup for the Rashad f!ght, but I was a big fan once and I was excited to hear him say he plans to f!ght at HW... I said he hasn't been tested because he is a man amongst boys at 205, calm the fu*k down I'm giving your boy props

getyagameup said:
"vitor hasn't been a lhw in something like 5 years" ok, and when he was a lhw, he was a champion so what are you really saying????

yall need to cut out the bullsh*t. all the people that he's fought and beaten in the last 5 f!ghts AT SOME POINT IN THEIR CAREER has the lhw belt.....what's the real argument???
The previous 4 guys had held the belt in the last 18-24 months when Jonny fought em... Rampage is at least still f!ghting at the same weight and was top 3... Vitor is a middleweight, yeah he's in the top 5 there but he is giving up so much size, how can you really be as proud of this victory as the last 4?

getyagameup said:
a f!ghter doesn't need to go up in class to make a statement that he's the best. f!ghting at HW is much more dangerous obviously so if he never goes then he could never be lb for lb?? you're fu*king delusional b. overroids uses steroids to move up. get him off the roids and lets see what he does. he's still lost before. when i see JJ take a legitimate L by anyone then i'm going to come in here and acknowledge that he lost. until then, you can still make all the excuses for why he's dominating his division all you want and where he should go until "you" of all people "respect" his skill. i'll just appreciate his dominance and abilities in the mean time, hater.
What in thee blue hell are you talking about? Jon Jones has been talking about not being able to cut down to 205 within the next 2 years. He's been saying this since before he fought Shogun. Did anyone aside from you say that he wouldn't be the best p4p if he didn't f!ght at HW? Did anyone say Jon Jones needs to get as big as Reem to be good at that weight class?

The haters could never be as annoying as Jon Jones's stans...

getyagameup said:
question to all of yall haters.......ARE ANY OF YOU MIXED MARTIAL ARTISTS??? HAVE ANY OF YOU BEEN IN PROFESSIONAL f!ghtS OVER AND OVER AND OVER AGAIN FOR YEARS?????? ANYONE??? ANYONE??? PLEASE, RESPOND. TELL ME WHERE YOU'VE TRAINED...WHAT STYLE....WHAT'S YOUR RANK...VIDEOS OF ANY f!ghtS....PLEASE....PERSONALLY INBOX ME.
 5 years ago '04        #945
getyagameup 24 heat pts24
space
space
$4,044 | Props total: 27 27
 endless lies said:
Jesus Christ. Are you in love with this n*gga or something? I can already tell you're black and you've got such a sandy pus*y because Jones is black too and you want so bad for people to fall in love with him.

Jones prolly gives you feelings you only read about in Cosmo magazine or something. Out here writing a book on some n*gga you will never even meet.

First of all, you started watching MMA this year. THIS YEAR. You don't know sh*t. You don't spar. You don't train. You do nothing but watch the big names that everyone else knows.

People will form their own opinions on sh*t whether you like it or not.

Get a life.

been a fan of mma for a minute. dont just watch the big names. you're being retardly presumptuous. you don't know me man. what i've done and what i do. as far as my eyes goes, the man is the truth. i've done my share of mma, watching and participating so eat a d!ck. i think he's an exceptional f!ghter and yea, my opinion of him is high and i'mma have something to say to any hater that says some retarded sh*t about this man's f!ght game. and because i have some mma experience and actually watch the sport and know about it FROM EXPERIENCE i think my opinion has a bit more merit. you talk about liking or not liking opinions yet have an opinion about mine and tell me to get a life....if it ain't the pot calling the kettle a n*gga.
 5 years ago '04        #946
space
space
 triznathaniel said:
This guy always in wall of text mode

That's true, but size advantage means so much in the cage... I'm not saying that's unfair... just that he is so skilled and a freak athlete that he seems unstoppable at this weight... I don't like the side that Jones has shown since the buildup for the Rashad f!ght, but I was a big fan once and I was excited to hear him say he plans to f!ght at HW... I said he hasn't been tested because he is a man amongst boys at 205, calm the fu*k down I'm giving your boy props

The previous 4 guys had held the belt in the last 18-24 months when Jonny fought em... Rampage is at least still f!ghting at the same weight and was top 3... Vitor is a middleweight, yeah he's in the top 5 there but he is giving up so much size, how can you really be as proud of this victory as the last 4?

What in thee blue hell are you talking about? Jon Jones has been talking about not being able to cut down to 205 within the next 2 years. He's been saying this since before he fought Shogun. Did anyone aside from you say that he wouldn't be the best p4p if he didn't f!ght at HW? Did anyone say Jon Jones needs to get as big as Reem to be good at that weight class?

The haters could never be as annoying as Jon Jones's stans...

1)ok he has a size advantage...he's taller and longer....the f!ghts still have to be fought...he's winning. i am calm. ok. so he said that he can't keep cutting weight and is going to move to hw. hasnt yet. in the mean time, he's running through the division. you giving him props is noted.

2)he weight 204.6, vitor weighed 204.2 at weigh ins....what was the f!ght night weight...i'm sure he gained some weight back however, he's fought at lhw before....had a decent camp....almost submitted him.....fought well, came up short...as a fan of the sport, yea, great f!ght, outstanding. didn't look like much of a size advantage accept as far as height and reach goes, which is normal f!ght disparity. he overcame serious adversity, fought one armed and got a submission against a very tough opponent, so yes, i think it was one of his better f!ghts.

3)a bunch of people said that he needs to move up cuz there's no comp in the lhw except rashad and lyoto and he needs to move up like overroids....i know there's 54 pages of posts however a bunch of people said the same thing.

4)watching mma and doing mma are different things. this is an a.ssumption but i think most of the cats on here commenting haven't done both. i have so watching this dude's skills in the cage is great as a fan of mma. having done it i can appreciate the skills he consistently shows and it makes me vehemently criticize cats who have no idea what the fu*k they're talking about from a f!ghting standpoint, and are usually making their comments based on personality related opinions. gonna stop typing now before i write another novel and get criticized for explaining myself, in detail.
 5 years ago '04        #947
space
space
 endless lies said:
Bullsh*t.

You don't have any MMA experience. You never fought someone in any sanctioned bout or anything. Stop lying.

Watching MMA is not experience bro. Calm down.
dude, do you know me from a hole in the wall????? i mean really. you don't so how do you know i've never fought anywhere??? you don't know me. i've put in time in an mma environment, fought and won......dude, you're really just sounding stupid. YOU DON'T KNOW ME SO HOW THE fu*k ARE YOU EVEN COMMENTING???? you're making statements that you have absolutely no factual information about. so i'm going to stop even entertaining you cuz you have no idea what the hell you're talking about. you're right though....i don't have "professional" experience in mma if that make you feel better. it was all amateur stuff. nah, never been in a "sanctioned" bout. still, i'm sure what i've done and as much as i've trained is more than 80% of the dudes in this thread.

Last edited by getyagameup; 09-23-2012 at 06:37 PM..
 09-23-2012, 06:36 PM         #948
Alexein Aner 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

[pic - click to view]

5 years ago '06        #949
nightmare 429 heat pts429
space
space
$13,073 | Props total: 37 37
 MysticKJ said:
235? where did you hear that? he must carry a good deal of pudge to cut that much weight, if true...

He probably does f!ght at 220s...I think that is a normal f!ght weight for a normal-sized LHW though...because you have some MWs rehydrating to 205-210 lbs for f!ght night; I would expect a LHW to be about 15 lbs more than that...

true, but Griffin is known to be one the larger LHWs while Ace is able to make MW...

don't get me wrong, Bones does carry a size advantage...he could probably be 240lbs if he wanted...he's said before that he has changed his diet and lifestyle to make sure he maximizes his time a LHW...as long as he doesn't starve himself the way Overeem used to I think it's not a big deal...

personally, i've always wanted to see Bones vs. Griffin...they'd be the same size in the cage and Griffin has slick jitz...but Bones would probably just pick him apart on the feet and never get to the ground anyways...
i was watching the countdown to his f!ght with bisping and his trainer sed he walks around at 230
 5 years ago '06        #950
nightmare 429 heat pts429
space
space
$13,073 | Props total: 37 37
 getyagameup said:
now it's a he should be a heavyweight issue???? i swear yall cats on here are k!lling me. he is a light heavy weight. fu*k what he is before the f!ght, walking around weight, sleeping weight, taking a sh*t weight....yall n*ggas seem to come up with all kinds of suggestions, excuses, rationalizations, etc about this man's prowess. he's fought the best of the best 5 times is a row and has stopped all of them, except rashad who he beat up and there is still "oh jones, needs to move up" "jones this" "jones that"

yall n*ggas is worse than a bunch of bi*ches. oh, vitor had a broken hand. his bjj black belt doesn't really count because he got tapped by a k1 f!ghter. even though he almost broke jj arm in the first round....got dropped on his neck and still almost broke his sh*t. THE MAN IS RUNNING THROUGH THE LHW DIVISION AND n*ggaS CAN'T EVEN RESPECT IT WITHOUT COMING UP WITH SOME REASON TO INVALIDATE HIS ACCOMPLISHMENTS. i'm done with yall suckas. respect the man's gangster. he's not a hw right now. he's a lhw, the champ, beaten all the former champs, badly. end of conversation.
n*ggas is pathetic with they jon jones hate vitors black belt was just fine BEFORE the f!ght
 5 years ago '05        #951
zogby 42 heat pts42
space
space
$2,131 | Props total: 26 26
 endless lies said:
Jesus Christ. Are you in love with this n*gga or something? I can already tell you're black and you've got such a sandy pus*y because Jones is black too and you want so bad for people to fall in love with him.

Jones prolly gives you feelings you only read about in Cosmo magazine or something. Out here writing a book on some n*gga you will never even meet.

First of all, you started watching MMA this year. THIS YEAR. You don't know sh*t. You don't spar. You don't train. You do nothing but watch the big names that everyone else knows.

People will form their own opinions on sh*t whether you like it or not.

Get a life.
Bones jones used to be hated on here and called an uncle tom in every fu*king thread
he got called the black f!ghter that appeals to only to whites and got attacked for his Christianity , called a sell out of to his race etc
now that hes beefing with dana and fu*ked over ufc 151 hes suddenly become the GOAT and all that sh*t has completely disappeared
 5 years ago '10        #952
rockyin4 14 heat pts14
space
space
$6,061 | Props total: 440 440
 zogby said:
Bones jones used to be hated on here and called an uncle tom in every fu*king thread
he got called the black f!ghter that appeals to only to whites and got attacked for his Christianity , called a sell out of to his race etc
now that hes beefing with dana and fu*ked over ufc 151 hes suddenly become the GOAT and all that sh*t has completely disappeared
Lol I don't mind Jones but this did happen. Wait till Ben Henderson starts keeping it real Boxden is gonna go crazy.
 5 years ago '04        #953
thehawk33 2 heat pts
space
space
$9,322 | Props total: 2616 2616
Damn cats still really think Belfort was some grappling wizard because of his black belt? Are we gonna act like Bones hadn't already proven superior grappling skills even prior to this f!ght (submitting established Black belts in Machida, and experienced grapplers like Rampage, and not getting submitted by Hammer Wielding Dutch Kickboxers)? The best grappler Belfort's submitted in his career was Bobby Southworth
 5 years ago '08        #954
triznathaniel 42 heat pts42
space
space
$5,826 | Props total: 1322 1322
 nightmare said:
n*ggas is pathetic with they jon jones hate vitors black belt was just fine BEFORE the f!ght
It's cool if you like Jones or whatever, but no one who's been paying attention took Vitor that seriously as a threat to Bones. That and Jonny has already asked for a f!ght at HW, it isn't some idea concocted by haters out of the blue...
 5 years ago '09        #955
dadon85 135 heat pts135
space
space
space
$30,192 | Props total: 13450 13450
Bones just caused strikeforce to cancel. Let the hate commence
Home      

most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
139 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Floor Kids (Game looks dope)
20 comments
2 days ago
@games
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside X-MEN return to Marvel Studios in less than 48 hours
89 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Dec 12 - US 'Living Off 1950s Infrastructure,' Must Spend $2 Trillion to Moder..
77 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Snippets of American Dream-Cole ft. Kendrick
45 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
70 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
296 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Kelly Oubre with the supreme sleeve in a game
80 comments
1 day ago