UFC 152: Jones vs Belfort Official Discussion Thread

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
161 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NFL Things got out of control real quick during Sea/Jax game..player almost ju..
26 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden at age 26 vs Quavious Marshall at age 26
91 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Only 500 followers, catch her before she blow as a ig thot
44 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Who are your picks?
Jon Jones 41 77.36%
Vitor Belfort 10 18.87%
Benavidez 17 32.08%
Johnson 24 45.28%
Bisping 27 50.94%
Stann 14 26.42%
Hamill 35 66.04%
Hollett 5 9.43%
Oliveira 19 35.85%
Swanson 16 30.19%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 53. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '06        #921
nightmare 429 heat pts429
space
space
$13,073 | Props total: 37 37
 dadon85 said:
Too big? If he can make 205 then he's a lhw. Gsp is a big ww, Alves was a bigger ww. If you make the weight there should be no excuses. Vitor beat rumble Johnson. Tell ramp to f!ght hw instead of cutting 50lbs.
sh*t even Sonnen walks around at 235
 5 years ago '06        #922
nightmare 429 heat pts429
space
space
$13,073 | Props total: 37 37
 MysticKJ said:
Bones probably won't get a serious challenge at LHW; those HWs probably still won't have that 84" reach but the disparity will be less and his range will mean less there...

I also think that Bones is still going to improve and eliminate some of his holes...by the time he moves up to HW he might be much more skilled...

either way I can't wait until his first HW f!ght
this.
 09-23-2012, 11:48 AM         #923
Gramzsdfasdfsdf 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 MysticKJ said:
Bones isn't a big LHW when it comes down to weight...Rampage, Bonnar, Griffin, etc...carry much more weight...

Bones' size advantage comes with his long limbs...but make no mistake he is a LHW...Bones is just tall and skinny...

he shouldn't feel pressured to move to HW when he will be undersized there...he is a tall skinny LHW...it's not his fault the UFC keeps feeding him LHWs that can f!ght at MW (Shogun, Machida, Evans, Hendo)...
He's not that skinny anymore, I'm willing to bet he's @ 225 or 230 on f!ght night. Chavez Jr. does the same thing in Boxing, where he gains like 20-30 lbs. right after weigh-ins leading up to the f!ght.

That's why Griffin was able to beat Franklin and man-handle him around the Octagon, it looked 2 different weight classes were f!ghting in there when they fought. It takes nothing away from Griffin's win.
 09-23-2012, 11:53 AM         #924
Gramzsdfasdfsdf 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 MysticKJ said:
Bones probably won't get a serious challenge at LHW; those HWs probably still won't have that 84" reach but the disparity will be less and his range will mean less there...

I also think that Bones is still going to improve and eliminate some of his holes...by the time he moves up to HW he might be much more skilled...

either way I can't wait until his first HW f!ght
This or a guy like Cormier or Velasquez drop to LHW to give him some real competition.

I think the f!ght with Cormier is the one to make. He would still hold a reach advantage but Jones couldn't take down D.C. if his life depended on it. Any and every advantage he holds in Greco-Roman would instantly be nullified.
 5 years ago '05        #925
MysticKJ 28 heat pts28
space
space
$15,418 | Props total: 4751 4751
 nightmare said:
sh*t even Sonnen walks around at 235
235? where did you hear that? he must carry a good deal of pudge to cut that much weight, if true...
 Gramz said:
He's not that skinny anymore, I'm willing to bet he's @ 225 or 230 on f!ght night. Chavez Jr. does the same thing in Boxing, where he gains like 20-30 lbs. right after weigh-ins leading up to the f!ght.

That's why Griffin was able to beat Franklin and man-handle him around the Octagon, it looked 2 different weight classes were f!ghting in there when they fought. It takes nothing away from Griffin's win.
He probably does f!ght at 220s...I think that is a normal f!ght weight for a normal-sized LHW though...because you have some MWs rehydrating to 205-210 lbs for f!ght night; I would expect a LHW to be about 15 lbs more than that...

true, but Griffin is known to be one the larger LHWs while Ace is able to make MW...

don't get me wrong, Bones does carry a size advantage...he could probably be 240lbs if he wanted...he's said before that he has changed his diet and lifestyle to make sure he maximizes his time a LHW...as long as he doesn't starve himself the way Overeem used to I think it's not a big deal...

personally, i've always wanted to see Bones vs. Griffin...they'd be the same size in the cage and Griffin has slick jitz...but Bones would probably just pick him apart on the feet and never get to the ground anyways...
 09-23-2012, 12:17 PM         #926
WordOnThaStreet 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
jones vs dos santos by end of next year guaranteed
 5 years ago '04        #927
getyagameup 24 heat pts24
space
space
$4,044 | Props total: 27 27
now it's a he should be a heavyweight issue???? i swear yall cats on here are k!lling me. he is a light heavy weight. fu*k what he is before the f!ght, walking around weight, sleeping weight, taking a sh*t weight....yall n*ggas seem to come up with all kinds of suggestions, excuses, rationalizations, etc about this man's prowess. he's fought the best of the best 5 times is a row and has stopped all of them, except rashad who he beat up and there is still "oh jones, needs to move up" "jones this" "jones that"

yall n*ggas is worse than a bunch of bi*ches. oh, vitor had a broken hand. his bjj black belt doesn't really count because he got tapped by a k1 f!ghter. even though he almost broke jj arm in the first round....got dropped on his neck and still almost broke his sh*t. THE MAN IS RUNNING THROUGH THE LHW DIVISION AND n*ggaS CAN'T EVEN RESPECT IT WITHOUT COMING UP WITH SOME REASON TO INVALIDATE HIS ACCOMPLISHMENTS. i'm done with yall suckas. respect the man's gangster. he's not a hw right now. he's a lhw, the champ, beaten all the former champs, badly. end of conversation.
 5 years ago '05        #928
Tha Boss 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$18,047 | Props total: 24305 24305
any newsworthy quotes in the post f!ght press confrence
 5 years ago '11        #929
KING JAYY 535 heat pts535
space
space
$52,249 | Props total: 19967 19967
 ShadyVsEminem said:
Im comparing pain to pain
then you obviously dont know that the pain of a leg lock is 100 x worse than the pain of an armbar
 5 years ago '07        #930
KnicksLost 17 heat pts17
space
space
space
$47,257 | Props total: 1609 1609
video of f!ght anyone???
 5 years ago '08        #931
triznathaniel 42 heat pts42
space
space
$5,825 | Props total: 1322 1322
 getyagameup said:
now it's a he should be a heavyweight issue???? i swear yall cats on here are k!lling me. he is a light heavy weight. fu*k what he is before the f!ght, walking around weight, sleeping weight, taking a sh*t weight....yall n*ggas seem to come up with all kinds of suggestions, excuses, rationalizations, etc about this man's prowess. he's fought the best of the best 5 times is a row and has stopped all of them, except rashad who he beat up and there is still "oh jones, needs to move up" "jones this" "jones that"

yall n*ggas is worse than a bunch of bi*ches. oh, vitor had a broken hand. his bjj black belt doesn't really count because he got tapped by a k1 f!ghter. even though he almost broke jj arm in the first round....got dropped on his neck and still almost broke his sh*t. THE MAN IS RUNNING THROUGH THE LHW DIVISION AND n*ggaS CAN'T EVEN RESPECT IT WITHOUT COMING UP WITH SOME REASON TO INVALIDATE HIS ACCOMPLISHMENTS. i'm done with yall suckas. respect the man's gangster. he's not a hw right now. he's a lhw, the champ, beaten all the former champs, badly. end of conversation.
There are some of us who understand that Jones will not truly be tested until he moves up but we're not saying he has an unfair advantage over the smaller guys in the division... It's just as much their prerogative to f!ght up a class as it is jones' to f!ght down one...

That being said, Vitor hasn't been a LHW in something like 5 years... And all the casuals rooting for Bones were at this fact, and still and boasting afterward... This win is nothing like the last 4, despite what the UFC hype machine will be feeding you from this point forward
 5 years ago '11        #932
PotheadFocker 169 heat pts169
space
space
$33,314 | Props total: 8435 8435
 getyagameup said:

I ain't even gonna argue with these cats this morning, way too fu*king hungover but you seem to have summed it all up with this post

The hate is strong.... and its cool that way. I saw it in the general public last night as well.

A group of fat white f*ggots with tapout shirts sat there all night acting like MMA fans, and left as soon Bones split Vitors eyebrow open. The sad look on half of the peoples faces when Bones did his "B-YAAAAA" /Tiger Woods fist pump was priceless. I just wish I could see Zao in real life crying tears out of his mask
 09-23-2012, 01:46 PM         #933
One Shot 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
how do we know its about race?
 5 years ago '11        #934
space
space
 One Shot said:
how do we know its about race?
I was just talking about haters in general, they happened to be white.

Some people just hate Bones now, cuz of 151 or whatever. (Its a dumb reason IMO, why don't they hate Hendo?)
 5 years ago '09        #935
Zaosyn 261 heat pts261 OP
space
space
$14,063 | Props total: 1092 1092
Jones is the champion of a division that has fallen off so bad that it may never become good again. With the exception of Lyoto and Suga, the LHW division is trash and will remain that way, especially if Chael is gonna talk himself into a title f!ght next. You can't put Jones as #2 or even #3 P4P because he isn't facing the type of talent that Frankie Edgar had to face, that GSP had to consistently, that Anderson had to face and that even JDS had to face. Jones MIGHT be #5 P4P but that's only because he's champion. The sooner Jon Jones fans realize that their favorite f!ghter is in a division that lacks talent then maybe they will see why Jones really isn't that impressive to begin with.

Jones will never go to HW, atleast not permanently. He may nitpick a f!ght here and there like Anderson does for LHW but he will never transition permanently like an Overeem.

Last edited by Zaosyn; 09-23-2012 at 02:14 PM..
 5 years ago '04        #936
dat_boi_tj 5 heat pts
space
space
$3,404 | Props total: 678 678
People blame Lebron James, Jon Jones, Obama and Floyd Mayweather for everything... Let the GOATS be!
 5 years ago '04        #937
getyagameup 24 heat pts24
space
space
$4,044 | Props total: 27 27
 triznathaniel said:
There are some of us who understand that Jones will not truly be tested until he moves up but we're not saying he has an unfair advantage over the smaller guys in the division... It's just as much their prerogative to f!ght up a class as it is jones' to f!ght down one...

That being said, Vitor hasn't been a LHW in something like 5 years... And all the casuals rooting for Bones were at this fact, and still and boasting afterward... This win is nothing like the last 4, despite what the UFC hype machine will be feeding you from this point forward
not be tested? please explain to me what the hell you're talking about??? maybe he's not been tested because he trains his a.ss off and is just that good?? nah, that can't be it. he makes the weight and is taller than most....and??? like tall f!ghters haven't gotten knocked out or tapped before. oh, he should be in another weight class AS IF MOST f!ghtERS, UFC OR BOXING, DONT WEIGH MORE BEFORE A f!ght AND THEN CUT DOWN FOR A f!ght. "vitor hasn't been a lhw in something like 5 years" ok, and when he was a lhw, he was a champion so what are you really saying????

yall need to cut out the bullsh*t. all the people that he's fought and beaten in the last 5 f!ghts AT SOME POINT IN THEIR CAREER has the lhw belt.....what's the real argument??? please. stop with the excuses. all of you. please. quit it.

endless lies said:
Nobody hates Jones because of his talent or color. Get off that sh*t.

Some of the sh*t Jones does is just wack.

1. Those oblique/chasse kicks are fu*king dirty as sh*t. They really need to ban those. I have no problems with soccer kicks or elbows or anything, but those kicks can permanently end somebody's career. Rampage had to take a really long layoff after the Jones f!ght cuz Jones hyperextended Page's knee so bad.

2. Jones' open-handed stance is another dirty tactic. He had to be warned multiple times by Big John to cut that sh*t out. He's been known to poke f!ghters in the eyes because of this bi*ch a.ss stance.

3. He acts like a diva bi*ch in the staredowns.

4. He wouldn't sign some dude's toy UFC belt.
1) those kicks are dangerous, hard to stop because they are side kicks to the thigh....it's a fu*king f!ght, not a date. were this full contact no rules what would your argument be then??? dude, it's a fu*king f!ght. it's a legal kick to a part of the body. it's dirty because he didn't defend it well or kept getting hit with it repeatedly? stop it. it's legal as per the rules. but you think elbows are ok or someone not tapping during a submission can't end someone's career?? pick something else to bi*ch about.

2)i get your point....did he poke vitor in his eyes??? who was the last person he eye poked??? can't really say nothing to this except for i've watched his last few f!ghts and i don't remember him poking anyone in their eyes. i remember a lot of elbows...an americana, a standing guillotine, numerous kicks, front, side, spinning back, a plethora of takedowns......

3)he never looks his opponents in the eyes....how is that being a "diva"???? he's been winning, submitting and stopping people by beating their a.ss and being really physical with them...last time i checked, divas don't like to be touched.....where are you going with this??

4)was this after the f!ght??? if so, are you fu*king serious???????????????????????? dude had his arm hyperextended in the first round of a fourth round f!ght which he still won. ok, if he writes lefthanded i can understand....no wait, i can't....the n*gga just had a f!ght, and is in fu*king pain. not for nothing but fu*k that kid and his belt. my arm isn't working properly. i need medical attention.

Zaosyn said:
Jones is the champion of a division that has fallen off so bad that it may never become good again. With the exception of Lyoto and Suga, the LHW division is trash and will remain that way, especially if Chael is gonna talk himself into a title f!ght next. You can't put Jones as #2 or even #3 P4P because he isn't facing the type of talent that Frankie Edgar had to face, that GSP had to consistently, that Anderson had to face and that even JDS had to face. Jones MIGHT be #5 P4P but that's only because he's champion. The sooner Jon Jones fans realize that their favorite f!ghter is in a division that lacks talent then maybe they will see why Jones really isn't that impressive to begin with.

Jones will never go to HW, atleast not permanently. He may nitpick a f!ght here and there like Anderson does for LHW but he will never transition permanently like an Overeem.
the man is basically undefeated. he's beaten up every f!ghter he's faced. the last five being former champions. HE HAS DOMINATED HIS DIVISION FOR A COUPLE OF YEARS AND YOU DOUBT HIS SKILLS??? you're just a hater. you're trolling has elevated to attacking an entire division of a sport. so lyoto and evans are the only good lhw in the entire division besides jon jones???? your name must be reed richards cuz ur one reaching mother fu*ker.

question to all of yall haters.......ARE ANY OF YOU MIXED MARTIAL ARTISTS??? HAVE ANY OF YOU BEEN IN PROFESSIONAL f!ghtS OVER AND OVER AND OVER AGAIN FOR YEARS?????? ANYONE??? ANYONE??? PLEASE, RESPOND. TELL ME WHERE YOU'VE TRAINED...WHAT STYLE....WHAT'S YOUR RANK...VIDEOS OF ANY f!ghtS....PLEASE....PERSONALLY INBOX ME. I HAVE, A LITTLE BIT. COMPETED AND ALL. FOR ANY ONE MAN TO CONSISTENTLY DOMINATE OPPONENTS THE WAY THIS MAN HAS FOR THE LAST FEW YEARS AGAINST CONSISTENTLY COMPETENT SKILLED OPPONENTS IS NO SMALL TASK BY ANY MEANS. YALL ACT LIKE HIS OPPONENTS WERE LITTLE OLD LADIES OR SOMETHING OR JUST CAME IN OFF THE STREET AND NEVER TRAINED A DAY IN THEIR LIVES. MMA IS TEN TIMES HARDER THAN BOXING DUE TO THE COMPLEXITY OF THE SPORT AND THE VARIETY OF ATTACKS YOU CAN DO.

YALL n*gga ARE JUST HATERS OR SMOKE EITHER CRACK, METH, DOPE OR BATH SALTS TO SAY THAT THIS MAN NEEDS TO DO THIS OR THAT OR HE ISN'T THAT CRACKED UP TO BE WHAT HE IS. THIS IS WHAT'S WRONG WITH AMERICA.....NAS SAID IT BEST...."FEAR WHAT THEY DONT UNDERSTAND, HATE WHAT THEY CAN'T CONQUER (OR HASN'T BEEN CONQUERED) THAT'S JUST THE STORY OF MAN"

a f!ghter doesn't need to go up in class to make a statement that he's the best. f!ghting at HW is much more dangerous obviously so if he never goes then he could never be lb for lb?? you're fu*king delusional b. overroids uses steroids to move up. get him off the roids and lets see what he does. he's still lost before. when i see JJ take a legitimate L by anyone then i'm going to come in here and acknowledge that he lost. until then, you can still make all the excuses for why he's dominating his division all you want and where he should go until "you" of all people "respect" his skill. i'll just appreciate his dominance and abilities in the mean time, hater.

dat_boi_tj said:
People blame Lebron James, Jon Jones, Obama and Floyd Mayweather for everything... Let the GOATS be!
dude, you can't put obama in the same category as athletes. just aint right. good try though.
 5 years ago '05        #938
MysticKJ 28 heat pts28
space
space
$15,418 | Props total: 4751 4751
 getyagameup said:
4)was this after the f!ght??? if so, are you fu*king serious???????????????????????? dude had his arm hyperextended in the first round of a fourth round f!ght which he still won. ok, if he writes lefthanded i can understand....no wait, i can't....the n*gga just had a f!ght, and is in fu*king pain. not for nothing but fu*k that kid and his belt. my arm isn't working properly. i need medical attention.
he's talking about this:

I hate it when people come up to me with a belt that looks exactly like mine and they ask me to sign it. I worked three times a day for three years to get this belt, and now this guy asking me for an autograph has one just like it. Are you serious? I mean it's not as heavy, but it looks just the same.
he didn't sign a replica UFC belt for some kid, it happened a long time ago...and that's his explanation for it...I don't really care about stuff like this, I'm just showing what the other poster was talking about...
 5 years ago '07        #939
Royce207 
space
space
$2,958 | Props total: 3 3
 getyagameup said:
not be tested? please explain to me what the hell you're talking about??? maybe he's not been tested because he trains his a.ss off and is just that good?? nah, that can't be it. he makes the weight and is taller than most....and??? like tall f!ghters haven't gotten knocked out or tapped before. oh, he should be in another weight class AS IF MOST f!ghtERS, UFC OR BOXING, DONT WEIGH MORE BEFORE A f!ght AND THEN CUT DOWN FOR A f!ght. "vitor hasn't been a lhw in something like 5 years" ok, and when he was a lhw, he was a champion so what are you really saying????

yall need to cut out the bullsh*t. all the people that he's fought and beaten in the last 5 f!ghts AT SOME POINT IN THEIR CAREER has the lhw belt.....what's the real argument??? please. stop with the excuses. all of you. please. quit it.

1) those kicks are dangerous, hard to stop because they are side kicks to the thigh....it's a fu*king f!ght, not a date. were this full contact no rules what would your argument be then??? dude, it's a fu*king f!ght. it's a legal kick to a part of the body. it's dirty because he didn't defend it well or kept getting hit with it repeatedly? stop it. it's legal as per the rules. but you think elbows are ok or someone not tapping during a submission can't end someone's career?? pick something else to bi*ch about.

2)i get your point....did he poke vitor in his eyes??? who was the last person he eye poked??? can't really say nothing to this except for i've watched his last few f!ghts and i don't remember him poking anyone in their eyes. i remember a lot of elbows...an americana, a standing guillotine, numerous kicks, front, side, spinning back, a plethora of takedowns......

3)he never looks his opponents in the eyes....how is that being a "diva"???? he's been winning, submitting and stopping people by beating their a.ss and being really physical with them...last time i checked, divas don't like to be touched.....where are you going with this??

the man is basically undefeated. he's beaten up every f!ghter he's faced. the last five being former champions. HE HAS DOMINATED HIS DIVISION FOR A COUPLE OF YEARS AND YOU DOUBT HIS SKILLS??? you're just a hater. you're trolling has elevated to attacking an entire division of a sport. so lyoto and evans are the only good lhw in the entire division besides jon jones???? your name must be reed richards cuz ur one reaching mother fu*ker.

question to all of yall haters.......ARE ANY OF YOU MIXED MARTIAL ARTISTS??? HAVE ANY OF YOU BEEN IN PROFESSIONAL f!ghtS OVER AND OVER AND OVER AGAIN FOR YEARS?????? ANYONE??? ANYONE??? PLEASE, RESPOND. TELL ME WHERE YOU'VE TRAINED...WHAT STYLE....WHAT'S YOUR RANK...VIDEOS OF ANY f!ghtS....PLEASE....PERSONALLY INBOX ME. I HAVE, A LITTLE BIT. COMPETED AND ALL. FOR ANY ONE MAN TO CONSISTENTLY DOMINATE OPPONENTS THE WAY THIS MAN HAS FOR THE LAST FEW YEARS AGAINST CONSISTENTLY COMPETENT SKILLED OPPONENTS IS NO SMALL TASK BY ANY MEANS. YALL ACT LIKE HIS OPPONENTS WERE LITTLE OLD LADIES OR SOMETHING OR JUST CAME IN OFF THE STREET AND NEVER TRAINED A DAY IN THEIR LIVES. MMA IS TEN TIMES HARDER THAN BOXING DUE TO THE COMPLEXITY OF THE SPORT AND THE VARIETY OF ATTACKS YOU CAN DO.

YALL n*gga ARE JUST HATERS OR SMOKE EITHER CRACK, METH, DOPE OR BATH SALTS TO SAY THAT THIS MAN NEEDS TO DO THIS OR THAT OR HE ISN'T THAT CRACKED UP TO BE WHAT HE IS. THIS IS WHAT'S WRONG WITH AMERICA.....NAS SAID IT BEST...."FEAR WHAT THEY DONT UNDERSTAND, HATE WHAT THEY CAN'T CONQUER (OR HASN'T BEEN CONQUERED) THAT'S JUST THE STORY OF MAN"

a f!ghter doesn't need to go up in class to make a statement that he's the best. f!ghting at HW is much more dangerous obviously so if he never goes then he could never be lb for lb?? you're fu*king delusional b. overroids uses steroids to move up. get him off the roids and lets see what he does. he's still lost before. when i see JJ take a legitimate L by anyone then i'm going to come in here and acknowledge that he lost. until then, you can still make all the excuses for why he's dominating his division all you want and where he should go until "you" of all people "respect" his skill. i'll just appreciate his dominance and abilities in the mean time, hater.

dude, you can't put obama in the same category as athletes. just aint right. good try though.

[pic - click to view]

5 years ago '11        #940
space
space
 dat_boi_tj said:
Obama is not the GOAT President.

Clinton >>> Obama

Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside dannielledai
8 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
53 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ukrainian Fashion Model Mariya Melny Thong Bikini
27 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside How Apple has won (and kept) my business
69 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Video inside Dec 9 - Scientists Create Vitamin A-Rich Fruit That Could Save Many Lives
31 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
NBA JR Smith passes Kobe for 12th all-time in 3 pointers made
54 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Air Jordan 11 "Win Like 96" finally releases after a long history of r..
62 comments
2 days ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Dec 9 - The end of prison visits: jails end face-to-face contact and familie..
100 comments
2 days ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy