UFC 152: Jones vs Belfort Official Discussion Thread

most viewed right now
 86
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
129 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 62
Video inside Joe Budden at age 26 vs Quavious Marshall at age 26
44 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 43
Image(s) inside Drake Says He's With The GOAT
50 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 35
Image(s) inside Only 500 followers, catch her before she blow as a ig thot
32 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

Who are your picks?
Jon Jones 41 77.36%
Vitor Belfort 10 18.87%
Benavidez 17 32.08%
Johnson 24 45.28%
Bisping 27 50.94%
Stann 14 26.42%
Hamill 35 66.04%
Hollett 5 9.43%
Oliveira 19 35.85%
Swanson 16 30.19%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 53. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '07        #861
RJ96 8 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$15,827 | Props total: 1989 1989
 ShadyVsEminem said:
That will be rectified, who else at 25 had 4 title defences?

Set your clock how long it took Silva (everyones GOAT cause Dana says so) to tap when he was put in a tight submission

[pic - click to view]

figures you would find a way to talk down on Silva in a card he wasn't even involved
 5 years ago '12        #862
CosbySweater 297 heat pts297
space
avatar space
space
$36,101 | Props total: 15516 15516
 5 years ago '04        #863
Profyt 
space
avatar space
space
$174 | Props total: 0 0
I just found it funny how Dana didn't even wanna put the belt around Bones... Classic
 5 years ago '11        #864
PotheadFocker 169 heat pts169
space
avatar space
space
$33,314 | Props total: 8435 8435
back from Wild Wings.... what a performance from the baby GOAT


Drunk as 10 indians

fu*k Zao
 5 years ago '11        #865
PotheadFocker 169 heat pts169
space
avatar space
space
$33,314 | Props total: 8435 8435
Submitted a black belt where the haters at?

 09-23-2012, 12:41 AM         #866
Gramzsdfasdfsdf 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
At least The Phenom made him f!ght. Belfort should have pulled the trigger more times throughout the f!ght though.

I want to see Bones f!ght guys his own size and that would have to be HW. I still don't see him being able to beat a guy like Junior dos Santos or Alistair Overeem. His reach is too big to counter @ LHW and a rematch w/ Machida really doesn't interest me. I want to see him f!ght guys his own size.
 09-23-2012, 12:42 AM         #867
Gramzsdfasdfsdf 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 PotheadFocker said:
Submitted a black belt where the haters at?

One that it looked like he had 30 lbs. on. Bones looks very beatable to me.
 5 years ago '11        #868
PotheadFocker 169 heat pts169
space
avatar space
space
$33,314 | Props total: 8435 8435
 Gramz said:
At least The Phenom made him f!ght. Belfort should have pulled the trigger more times throughout the f!ght though.

I want to see Bones f!ght guys his own size and that would have to be HW. I still don't see him being able to beat a guy like Junior dos Santos or Alistair Overeem. His reach is too big to counter @ LHW and a rematch w/ Machida really doesn't interest me. I want to see him f!ght guys his own size.
If those guys can f!ght LHW, why didn't they? We been cool for the longest but submitting one of your black belt idols doesn't get any of your respect? Sounds like salt
 5 years ago '04        #869
Liquid-Science 28 heat pts28
space
space
space
$17,501 | Props total: 789 789
Jones is a cyborg

too big for LHW but not quite big enough for HW

he's in the perfect spot...it's amazing how he got out of that arm bar
 5 years ago '04        #870
bibbyboi 25 heat pts25
space
avatar space
space
$11,213 | Props total: 2214 2214
If Vinny Magalhaes had better stand up and conditioning he would give Bones problems. He'll pull guard without hesitation and has better bjj off his back than Vitor.

I was actually very impressed by Vitor especially coming off short notice. I hope he gets a couple wins and gets another shot at Bones with a full camp.
 09-23-2012, 12:47 AM         #871
Gramzsdfasdfsdf 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 PotheadFocker said:
If those guys can f!ght LHW, why didn't they? We been cool for the longest but submitting one of your black belt idols doesn't get any of your respect? Sounds like salt
How about he moves up, he's just a physical freak @ 205, no doubt about it. He was f!ghting a MW tonight and it took him 4 rounds to do what it took the real GOAT The Spider to do in one round.

Jones will lose once he f!ghts a skilled f!ghter who is his own size. I think Overeem would break him in half.


Last edited by Gramzsdfasdfsdf; 09-23-2012 at 12:49 AM..
 09-23-2012, 12:48 AM         #872
Gramzsdfasdfsdf 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 bibbyboi said:
If Vinny Magalhaes had better stand up and conditioning he would give Bones problems. He'll pull guard without hesitation and has better bjj off his back than Vitor.

I was actually very impressed by Vitor especially coming off short notice. I hope he gets a couple wins and gets another shot at Bones with a full camp.
Vitor needs to go back to MW. He looked tiny compared to Bones.
 5 years ago '04        #873
bibbyboi 25 heat pts25
space
avatar space
space
$11,213 | Props total: 2214 2214
 Gramz said:
Vitor needs to go back to MW. He looked tiny compared to Bones.
I agree but he did do alright against the best LHW on 3 weeks notice. Also at a weight he hadn't fought at in a while.

I was trying to think who else in the LHW division has really good bjj off their back? Like really top level? Vinny is the only guy i could remember off the top of my head. Seems like their division is really lacking in that area.
 5 years ago '11        #874
PotheadFocker 169 heat pts169
space
avatar space
space
$33,314 | Props total: 8435 8435
 Gramz said:
Vitor needs to go back to MW. He looked tiny compared to Bones.
Ain't nothing for him at middleweight but


[pic - click to view]





And using MMA math never works. Andersons striking is obviously light years ahead of Bones, but Anderson showed weakness to good wrestlers and Bones would exploit the sh*t outta that. I wouldn't put money either way but think Bones might take Spider. Get mad or whatever you can't really say until it happens.
 09-23-2012, 01:01 AM         #875
Gramzsdfasdfsdf 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 bibbyboi said:
I agree but he did do alright against the best LHW on 3 weeks notice. Also at a weight he hadn't fought at in a while.

I was trying to think who else in the LHW division has really good bjj off their back? Like really top level? Vinny is the only guy i could remember off the top of my head. Seems like their division is really lacking in that area.
He's just way too big for any LHW to contend with and his Greco-Roman, while not as good as Cormier's is still top notch. He's fu*king towering over these dudes @ LHW.

Cormier or Velasquez are the only guys I can see realistically dropping to LHW and beating Bones. Definitely Cormier, as he would be able to put Bones on his back but the reach would still be a problem.
 09-23-2012, 01:05 AM         #876
Gramzsdfasdfsdf 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 PotheadFocker said:
Ain't nothing for him at middleweight but


[pic - click to view]





And using MMA math never works. Andersons striking is obviously light years ahead of Bones, but Anderson showed weakness to good wrestlers and Bones would exploit the sh*t outta that. I wouldn't put money either way but think Bones might take Spider. Get mad or whatever you can't really say until it happens.
Vitor won't be contending for any titles any time soon. There's still some good f!ghts for him @ MW though. He needs to be f!ghting the Michael Bispings of the world right now.
 5 years ago '11        #877
PotheadFocker 169 heat pts169
space
avatar space
space
$33,314 | Props total: 8435 8435
 Gramz said:
Cormier or Velasquez
Both of those dudes, especially Velasquez should be looking at Cigano not Bones. That is the division they have BEEN f!ghting in
 5 years ago '11        #878
PotheadFocker 169 heat pts169
space
avatar space
space
$33,314 | Props total: 8435 8435
 Gramz said:
He needs to be f!ghting the Michael Bispings of the world right now.
Good point, I would love to see that dude layed out again
 5 years ago '05        #879
darquecinnamon 6 heat pts
space
space
space
$15,348 | Props total: 152 152
 Gramz said:
At least The Phenom made him f!ght. Belfort should have pulled the trigger more times throughout the f!ght though.

I want to see Bones f!ght guys his own size and that would have to be HW. I still don't see him being able to beat a guy like Junior dos Santos or Alistair Overeem. His reach is too big to counter @ LHW and a rematch w/ Machida really doesn't interest me. I want to see him f!ght guys his own size.
This. But Jones had that reach. Was on his back the whole damn night
 5 years ago '04        #880
#RAPTORSWON 228 heat pts228
space
avatar space
space
$22,256 | Props total: 2706 2706
Just got back from the event... I was sitting by Charlie Brenneman's entire family, they were shook and crying after he lost I felt bad for em...

The prelims were AMAZING, main card was kind of a let down... Hamill/Hollett was fu*king terrible... Stann was disappointing, Mighty Mouse is pretty decent and technical... Im confident now that no one can beat JBJ... No one... He'd probably run through Anderson Silva if he moves up to face him too... I see him clearing out the division in 6 months to a year from now, and moving up to HW... fu*k this guy man, he's so good...

Also, they are saying that Vitor broke his hand in training so thats why he wasn't letting his hands go, hurt his ribs too... I believe it, but wouldn't have made a difference anyways...
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 16
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
50 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 13
Video inside He just burned the soul of a lazy teacher
105 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 11
Article inside ‘Star Wars: The Last Jedi’ Early Buzz: A Surprising, Funny and Jaw-Dr..
41 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
 9
audio inside HOV IS Back!: Jay-Z - Motorsport Freestyle!!! FIREEEEEEE
131 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 7
Article inside How Apple has won (and kept) my business
66 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
 6
Image(s) inside 'The Walking Dead' Fans Are Flipping Out That AMC Is Promoting Sunday'..
76 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
 4
Sony drops the price of PSVR bundles by $100 for the holidays
25 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
 4
Image(s) inside Holy Camel T0e 19-year-old Model Sofia Richie In White Bikini
99 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy