Lupe Fiasco Goes On Twitter Rant Against "Uppity Black Ni--as," Defends Right Not To Vote

most viewed right now
NBA IT OFFICIAL: Lamelo & LiAngelo Ball Have Gone Pro, Sign 1 Year Deal With L..
165 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Akademiks low-key proved he lurks here
47 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside LMAO: Boskoe 100 SPAZZED OUT On Joe Budden!!
68 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Suavementeee Besameee
21 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '08        #81
slimdogg3325 1 heat pts
space
space
$5,871 | Props total: 719 719
 WCIB said:
this is true, but he's not only chosen not to vote, which to me he hasn't made clear he's just talking about the election or other votes like the laws that come up that you can vote for as well. so, if he's going to not vote, simply talking and not actually ACTING, means he's saying nothing at all. so the analogy is apt. all you see are people who talk sh*t about how they're big fans of someone and they don't even support them. what lupe is doing is analogous to nothing IMO.
dig it. i think lupe's motive isn't to act on specific issues but to express his feeling toward the reality he sees. after all, he is an ARTIST and not a POLITICIAN. he only wants to make people think about instead of or even before acting on. so in doing nothing all we can do is think. now that I've thought about it, the analogy was pretty accurate.

Last edited by slimdogg3325; 09-21-2012 at 04:16 PM..
 5 years ago '10        #82
Fly Elroy 321 heat pts321
space
space
$19,394 | Props total: 474 474
 RokkyRok said:
You act like there aren't over 150 different candidates running that you could write in and even contribute to.

What was stopping people like you and lupe from getting together and making a PAC last year? You know it's fair to not like the two party system but its really not okay to keep talking and not doing anything. You help no one when you sit there and cry and complain about the situation.

The biggest thing that keeps America from having multiple parties is because the people that would vote for their candidates stay home.

Just look at the tea party, they came up grassroots and got rich people to pay attention to them. In a few years they'll either take over the traditional Republican Party or they'll have their own. The libertarians were beginning a slower but similar path before 2008. What separates the two is that one was able to energize the vote (albeit through racism) and the other just wasn't.

So find a candidate that looks like you policy wise and go vote for them.
exactly

its so easy to just say fu*k voting but where are the solutions these "smart" people have? come up with some bright ideas instead of calling people house n*ggas for choosing to vote

if lupe and other rappers used their influence right, they would be more involved in politics and use their platform to bring attention to the unknown politicians that actually want to bring change. they would start a movement and even their own party that would focus on the interests of the have nots instead of just spitting lip service on songs. lupe has a lot of influence but hes using it wrong, he just wants to voice his opinions without resolutions
 5 years ago '04        #83
Decan45 2 heat pts
space
space
$10,845 | Props total: 3972 3972
Bottom line is... Voting inherently concedes that you buy into this bullsh*t two party system. Both candidates are a.ss. Both parties are a.ss. The fact that this country is so easily duped EVERY four years into settling for such mediocrity, and in some cases outright horrendous leadership, is and always will be beyond me.
 09-21-2012, 04:13 PM         #84
Dos-effect  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Just as its his right to vote, its his right not too.........or are we missing this important aspect of freedom of choice?
 5 years ago '04        #85
PrisonRules 70 heat pts70
space
space
$26,119 | Props total: 4418 4418
 Young Buck said:
Oh yes Coonpe, I'm sure Malcolm X would be proud of you for shouting out a rapper that's glorifying the high murder rate in Chicago. Such a rebel for the people you are. He's truly "our brother".

Hey since you're giving this rant to DL, what happened to this energy when Chief Keef threatened to slap you? Hmmmm...

And I guess he's one of those negroes that believe Obama could fix the economy in 4 years, even though Obama said that couldn't happen and someone with a brain knew that couldn't be possible. I guess we completely forgot about Bush and the republicans putting this economy into hell.

Oh boy, let's have Lupe heal his "wounds of 400 years of institutionalized agony and destruction" that he didn't suffer but our ancestors did.

The same ancestors that suffered that agony and destruction for our freedom and civil rights, yet somehow since "we gots slave blood,we ain't gotta do sh*t".

But I'm sure Lupe was f!ghting by Nat Turner's side and helping our people.

Great motivation for the people, Coonpe. Just keep f!ghting back the corporation, while they're making you their slave and releasing albums like Lasers.

And I'm sure that black cover was used for that F&L 2 album, from your creative control at the label and not the label censoring you of what you wanted to actually do, so you just threw that black cover to look that it meant something.

Bravo.
after coonpe, i didnt read your post. i see coonpe then i see a boondocks character and knew your post wasnt worth reading. ur obviously a fan of coonery if ur a boondocks fan

now

[pic - click to view]

5 years ago '11        #86
awww 111 heat pts111
space
space
$5,498 | Props total: 17892 17892
he right though i agree with him in this day in ages n*ggas just forget about 400 years of slavery and just like fu*k it that sh*t was along time ago its old we got a black president but the n*gga dont even analog black people only time he ever said some towards us was when the travon martian sh*t happen and the media went crazy on his a.ss about that sh*t then they come up with this bullsh*t about he everybody president he cant just look out for black people agenda sh*t the white people do it when they in office and sh*t n*ggas just backwards.
 5 years ago '08        #87
Effit 2 heat pts
space
space
$2,992 | Props total: 7 7
lupe is real
 5 years ago '04        #88
BeRRETASx 
space
space
$409 | Props total: 9 9
With all the complaining Lupe does I bet he won't leave America, and live in another country.
 09-21-2012, 04:25 PM         #89
teresa1983  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
If you want to Vote then Fine, if you don't want to Vote that's Fine TOO.............
 5 years ago '04        #90
H.N.I.C. 
space
space
space
$2,946 | Props total: 211 211
If the n*gga don't wanna vote the night don't wanna vote
 5 years ago '10        #91
BiZz 67 heat pts67
space
space
$5,444 | Props total: 6 6
When a couple people go against the grain they're labeled crazy. But when a lot of people do, You n*ggas will ride that trend into the ground.
 5 years ago '05        #92
Andrefrbk 1067 heat pts1067
space
space
$22,887 | Props total: 5118 5118
Why would i vote for 1 of 2 sh*ty candidates?

Yall dumb niccas cant accept azz fuks... Im good.
 09-21-2012, 04:45 PM         #93
dlettern  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 slimdogg3325 said:
i get it. thats a cool way to look at things and good way to stay positive but thats not everyone's reality. sometimes a n*gga needs to remember he's a n*gga. as ignorant as that sounds, this is still very much a white man's country no matter the race of our president. and whoever denies that is who you should pay more attention to.
As much as I hate that fu*king word, I understand your logic. However, we can use the same rationale for the term bi*ch, which Lupe is clearly against....The hypocrisy baffles me

Its a White man's world. They even run sh*t in every African nation. Are we all as a people to turn around and play dead per Lupe's reasoning? Why doesn't he run for president and do all the sh*t he says he would?
 5 years ago '06        #94
JamesAdamsIz808 2 heat pts
space
space
$10,173 | Props total: 190 190
27.. never voted in my life.. will never happen. fu*k politics..
 5 years ago '11        #95
X_WunderKind_X 909 heat pts909
space
space
$42,186 | Props total: 17560 17560
I was never down with the 2 party system... and voting with one candidate off of one or a few issues isnt helping anything. There are a HUGE number of issues and they need to be thoroughly researched before making a decision on any candidate. If you don't do it now, you'll always regret it later
 09-21-2012, 04:51 PM         #96
Michael_Moore  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Lupe's on point...hop off his d!ck....voting in presidential elections is completely pointless the faster some of you idiots realize that the better off the rest of us will be...

the worst part about some of you f*ggots in here still being asleep and not realizing democrats & republicans are running a one party dictatorship is that you morons vote & help continue the fraud & ultimately wind up bringing down the rest of the population with you...even the ones that are awake as well...that's the biggest tragedy in this whole thing..
 09-21-2012, 04:55 PM         #97
Michael_Moore  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ima80baby said:
Other day I was listening to Michael Baisden on the radio and he was calling black people out for not voting and I tried to call in to let his dumb a.ss know that our people fought for the RIGHT to vote. That right can be exercised or not. He's trying to make it seem as though because our ancestors fought and died for that right and others, I'm automatically supposed to vote. fu*k him and fu*k anyone who thinks that's sh*t. I agree with Lupe. I'm not voting in a system I don't agree with.

The two party system is the way it is so that big business and others can lobby for laws that only benefit them and fu*k the rest of us. Obama doesn't need my vote anymore than Romney and I refuse to vote for him just because he's black and I'm black and we have something in common. That doesn't change the bullsh*t that's gone down during his presidency or the future bullsh*t that will go down during his second term. The game is rigged like a motherfu*ker, so why bother voting in the first place?

On paper, Obama seems like the better candidate. He seems like he gives a fu*k about the American people, but truth be told, he's working for the same people Romney is. Campaigns don't pay for themselves and anyone dumb enough to believe Obama is going to change anything should k!ll themselves. The people paying for the campaign are the people he's going to help.

fu*k Obama, fu*k Romney, fu*k Michael Baisden, fu*k the two party system and fu*k anyone trying to get people to vote in this bullsh*t a.ss election. We've got enough problems without ignorant people trying to get us to vote for a system and candidates we can't believe in.
 09-21-2012, 04:56 PM         #98
iThink  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
this idiot again
 09-21-2012, 04:57 PM         #99
dlettern  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 knowughetto said:

Where did I say that? I just said that blacks fought and died for our RIGHT TO VOTE AND RIGHTS in general because we weren't allowed to vote....and I said just because we have the RIGHT TO VOTE that doesn't mean that OUR VOTE COUNTS. I NEVER said our ancestors died in vain, NEVER said that blacks died and fought for nothing. Learn how to read and comprehend...
I know how to read and comprehend very well. They fought and died so that Black people would have the right to vote and have a voice in our country. They considered voting a way to be a part of regular society. Voting is indeed American.

You saying they died for us to have the right to vote, then turn around and say voting doesn't mean sh*t? Do you understand logic? If you do, you would understand that you're saying they died in vain with that comment. I'm kinda glad people like you have decided not to vote
 09-21-2012, 04:58 PM         #100
BALLONHOES  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
He's telling the truth, black people line up to vote for Obama like he actual gives a sh*t about them and gonna do something to help them lol.... wake up already, the system is rigged....
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Time Traveler Came From 4127 To Get Away From Child Support
33 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
286 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Is Harlem World a Classic?
148 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
74 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
65 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Jayson Tatum’s stats for the month of December so far
54 comments
19 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside fu-k YOU BUNGIE........
46 comments
24 hours ago