Sep 20 - Russian asteroid crater revealed to be filled with over $1 quadrillion of diamonds

most viewed right now
Video inside Chick Rants About Only Liking Hood Guys! "I Love When I see A N*gga Glo..
102 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Jeezy dissed Ralo on "Respect" , i told Ralo and its about to go down.
232 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Fan Draws life like Picture Of Joe Budden
31 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Big Baller Brand Shoe Review
55 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '12        #1
9084 pageviews
60 comments

Playajay38 95 heat pts95
space
space
$556 | Props total: 1 1
Sep 20 - Russian asteroid crater revealed to be filled with over $1 quadrillion of diamonds

[pic - click to view]

Call it the Soviet Union's most valuable cold war secret. This past weekend, Russia declassified the existence of what could very well be the richest diamond field in existence, located in the depths of a 62-mile diameter asteroid crater known as Popigai Astroblem in Siberia.

The diamonds found in the Popigai Astroblem are known as "impact diamonds." They're created when a meteor strikes a graphite deposit, as happened there an estimated 35 million years ago. Impact diamonds are significantly harder than normal diamonds, and are best suited for industrial or scientific use.

Given that diamonds can sell for $2,000 per karat with unusually large diamonds going for as much as $20 million, a discovery of "trillions of karats" could value this hole in the quadrillions of dollars. Of course, a diamond discovery of this magnitude is almost sure to have a serious downward impact in the per-karat price should full-scale mining operations ever begin.

Russia just came up big timeimage

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

Russian asteroid crater revealed to be filled with over $1 quadrillion of diamonds | Technology News Blog - Yahoo! News

60 comments for "Sep 20 - Russian asteroid crater revealed to be filled with over $1 quadrillion of diamonds"

5 years ago '06        #2
philly337 20 heat pts20
space
space
$28,989 | Props total: 10659 10659
Time to go to war and take that sh*t
 5 years ago '04        #3
jlandryst 1545 heat pts1545
space
space
$3,705 | Props total: 10 10
you cant use these diamonds for jewelry they are industrial diamonds you can only use them for research and for industrial purposes.
 5 years ago '11        #4
Pakchoy 833 heat pts833
space
space
$6,664 | Props total: 40936 40936
Shieeeeeet i might hold off buying the wife the tennis bracelet for christmas if i can get a 20 karat one for $600 bucks
 5 years ago '05        #5
rawchester 14 heat pts14
space
space
$5,398 | Props total: 4482 4482
they'll just do what they already do with diamonds, Mine them and hide the vast majority of them to make it appear as if supply is so much lower than demand. They already say in the article that they are onoy good for "industrial purposes".. sure.........
 5 years ago '06        #6
Southern_Boi 
space
space
$2,761 | Props total: 1 1
 rawchester said:
they'll just do what they already do with diamonds, Mine them and hide the vast majority of them to make it appear as if supply is so much lower than demand. They already say in the article that they are onoy good for "industrial purposes".. sure.........
You dyslexic? How you get "only good" from best suited?
 5 years ago '05        #7
rawchester 14 heat pts14
space
space
 Southern_Boi said:
You dyslexic? How you get "only good" from best suited?
either way, I doubt we see a major dip in the price of diamonds.
 5 years ago '06        #8
"SS" 28 heat pts28
space
space
$10,241 | Props total: 4831 4831
I work in a pawnshop and had to classes to learn to properly appraise jewelry one of the first things I learned is that diamonds are not nearly as valuable as we are made to believe they are. a jeweler will by the most low quality diamonds available alter them to make them look decent and raise the price literally about 500% for something that is virtually worthless but we as consumers are led to believe diamonds are what its all about when in all actuality precious metals hold way more value. now there are some beautiful and valuable stones out there that are worth money but for the most part they are all of medium to low quality
 09-21-2012, 09:19 AM         #9
ROFLSTOMP 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 "SS" said:
I work in a pawnshop and had to classes to learn to properly appraise jewelry one of the first things I learned is that diamonds are not nearly as valuable as we are made to believe they are. a jeweler will by the most low quality diamonds available alter them to make them look decent and raise the price literally about 500% for something that is virtually worthless but we as consumers are led to believe diamonds are what its all about when in all actuality precious metals hold way more value. now there are some beautiful and valuable stones out there that are worth money but for the most part they are all of medium to low quality
Yup. If diamonds weren't sat on and held back from the market they'd be somewhat worthless. There's so many diamonds in the world, without market manipulation the only thing they'd be good for is paving your fu*king drive ways as an alternative to gravel
 5 years ago '06        #10
nightmare 429 heat pts429
space
space
$13,073 | Props total: 37 37
 ROFLSTOMP said:
Yup. If diamonds weren't sat on and held back from the market they'd be somewhat worthless. There's so many diamonds in the world, without market manipulation the only thing they'd be good for is paving your fu*king drive ways as an alternative to gravel
thats all they were ever good for, ppl just value them because they sparkle
 09-21-2012, 10:01 AM         #11
TeddiGramz 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 jlandryst said:
you cant use these diamonds for jewelry they are industrial diamonds you can only use them for research and for industrial purposes.
Den I'mma hav uh industrial chain my nigguh...
 5 years ago '06        #12
imthatinfamous 39 heat pts39
space
space
$7,997 | Props total: 3483 3483
 philly337 said:
Time to go to war and take that sh*t
 5 years ago '08        #13
Keno 19 heat pts19
space
space
$7,045 | Props total: 4884 4884
 rawchester said:
truth, one company damn near owns are your precious diamonds or the one's you wear. They hold them in a vault to control supply and diamond.
 09-21-2012, 05:21 PM         #14
One Gud Cide 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Playajay38 said:
Russia just came up big time
So did you wake up this morning like "you know what, I'm going to try to be a complete fu*kin idiot today"?

THE VERY FIRST LINE YOU POSTED.

"Call it the Soviet Union's most valuable cold war secret. This past weekend, Russia declassified the existence of what could very well be the richest diamond field in existence,'

yea, they "came up" like 30 years ago
 5 years ago '04        #15
getyagameup 24 heat pts24
space
space
$4,044 | Props total: 27 27
 "SS" said:
what are industrial uses for diamonds??
 5 years ago '05        #16
rawchester 14 heat pts14
space
space
 getyagameup said:
what are industrial uses for diamonds??
i know that they are used for heavy duty cutting. Because the diamonds are so hard they can cut things that other tools cant, so there are a lot of metal tipped blades, drillb its, etc... Thats the only use Im aware of without googling anything.
 5 years ago '06        #17
imthatinfamous 39 heat pts39
space
space
$7,997 | Props total: 3483 3483
 "SS" said:
i learned about this too
who was the company that created the marketing campaign that literally increases the price of diamonds by 600%...
 5 years ago '04        #18
LordBlanco|M 50 heat pts50
space
space
$35,050 | Props total: 19888 19888
America like
 5 years ago '04        #19
#RAPTORSWON 228 heat pts228
space
space
$22,257 | Props total: 2708 2708
If stupid c*nts and dumb a.ss rappers didn't value diamonds so much, it would be worthless...
 5 years ago '06        #20
"SS" 28 heat pts28
space
space
$10,241 | Props total: 4831 4831
 imthatinfamous said:
i learned about this too
who was the company that created the marketing campaign that literally increases the price of diamonds by 600%...
de'beers
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thread worthy Cute thick Latina
23 comments
24 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Five MORE women accuse Russell Simmons of sexual misconduct - bringing total t..
98 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside T1tty Meat from Nicki Minaj
45 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
105 comments
24 hours ago