Freddie Gibbs - Baby Face Killa [Discussion Thread]

most viewed right now
 84
DONT LET THESE TRAPS FOOL YOU! Here's how to effectively avoid them.
63 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 72
Video inside 50 was ready to stab up Suge back in the day
52 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 62
Video inside First she'll break your ankles, then she'll your heart!!!
29 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 47
Image(s) inside Rosey Got Thickkkkkk
41 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '10        #361
Fly Elroy 321 heat pts321
space
avatar space
space
$19,394 | Props total: 475 475
 South Side said:
No it doesn't, Jeezy said he signed Gibbs for this very reason. They're two opposite sides of the street spectrum. Jeezy was the pusher & Gibbs was the stick em up man. Obviously living on the streets they would have some subject matter that would coincide but you don't hear Freddie talking about how much coke he's weighing & pushing. He's usually talking about either how much weed he's sold or is smoking.

How many Gibbs projects have you listened to? Because you should know better if it's more than this tape...
aight so street rapper would be more apropos then

ok trouble rap about the same sh*t. what is it that separates them where backpackers only listen to gibbs sh*t? they both tell the same kinds of tales and rap about the same sh*t with comparable skill level
 6 years ago '10        #362
Fly Elroy 321 heat pts321
space
avatar space
space
$19,394 | Props total: 475 475
 ballergenetics said:
Is an explaination reallly necessary though ? Like I said, we like what we like (for whatever reason). It's not really as simple as..."why you backpackers listen to freddie but hate other trap rappers". You're basically sayin' If you like one rapper of a certain style, you have to like all rappers that are in the same category. For example, If you like Nas, do you absolutely have to like Mobb Deep or Cormega too ?
yes I listen to nas, mobb deep and cormega

I don't see how you can listen to some street gangsta rapper like gibbs and hate on other rappers in his genre
 6 years ago '11        #363
Retro 83 heat pts83
space
space
space
$21,151 | Props total: 376 376
 Moony Jackson said:
aight so street rapper would be more apropos then

ok trouble rap about the same sh*t. what is it that separates them where backpackers only listen to gibbs sh*t? they both tell the same kinds of tales and rap about the same sh*t with comparable skill level
Yes it would be.

You don't have to live the street life to know everybody doesn't have the same stories to tell. Name another street rapper that makes weed songs as well as Freddie. That makes introspective tracks as well as Freddie. That makes extrospective tracks as well as Freddie.

He's far from just your average run of the mill street n*gga. He can be gangsta, gangsta and one mic all with an impeccable flow to match. Most backpackers salivate over lyrical proficiency no? What wouldn't be appealing about a "street rapper" with a subject matter range as wide as Freddie's?
 6 years ago '04        #364
Juicy "J" 2 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$4,288 | Props total: 5879 5879
Who produced Middle Of The Night, Seventeen, Fu*k Them n*ggaz & Breaking Bad?


Last edited by Juicy "J"; 09-25-2012 at 09:56 PM..
 6 years ago '10        #365
Fly Elroy 321 heat pts321
space
avatar space
space
$19,394 | Props total: 475 475
 South Side said:
Yes it would be.

You don't have to live the street life to know everybody doesn't have the same stories to tell. Name another street rapper that makes weed songs as well as Freddie. That makes introspective tracks as well as Freddie. That makes extrospective tracks as well as Freddie.

He's far from just your average run of the mill street n*gga. He can be gangsta, gangsta and one mic all with an impeccable flow to match. Most backpackers salivate over lyrical proficiency no? What wouldn't be appealing about a "street rapper" with a subject matter range as wide as Freddie's?
Im sayin tho, alley boy and trouble don't make street sh*t with a wide range of subject matter too?

maybe its his flow that they like
 6 years ago '11        #366
Retro 83 heat pts83
space
space
space
$21,151 | Props total: 376 376
 Moony Jackson said:
Im sayin tho, alley boy and trouble don't make street sh*t with a wide range of subject matter too?

maybe its his flow that they like
That's not why you're in here though. You're mad they like Freddie, Alley Boy ain't got nothin to do with him.

Whatever the reason I've given you reasons why they aren't hypocrites. Sufficient or not my work here is done...
 6 years ago '10        #367
Fly Elroy 321 heat pts321
space
avatar space
space
$19,394 | Props total: 475 475
 ballergenetics said:
So do I, but you really can't see it as possible that someone could like Nas and not Mobb Deep though ? You're the first person I've came across with this logic. It's whatever though. How about that tape ?
its not complicated logic, its actually simple

you ever listen to gibbs on a music player and it recommends you other rappers that are similar to him? do you listen to any of those rappers?

 South Side said:
That's not why you're in here though. You're mad they like Freddie, Alley Boy ain't got nothin to do with him.

Whatever the reason I've given you reasons why they aren't hypocrites. Sufficient or not my work here is done...
mad? nah you must be confused lil homie I'm not mad at these n*ggas

I'm just trying to see what makes gibbs attract backpackers when they usually have disdain for those type of rappers

I go in a lil mouse thread and see these same cats talking about how its a disgrace and all that

but they listen to gibbs music that glorifies that lifestyle

its hypocrisy
 6 years ago '04        #368
Juicy "J" 2 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$4,288 | Props total: 5879 5879
Who produced Middle Of The Night, Seventeen, Fu*k Them n*ggaz & Breaking Bad?
 6 years ago '11        #369
dejordan 
space
avatar space
space
$2,539 | Props total: 289 289
 ballergenetics said:
Is an explaination reallly necessary though ? Like I said, we like what we like (for whatever reason). It's not really as simple as..."why you backpackers listen to freddie but hate other trap rappers". You're basically sayin' If you like one rapper of a certain style, you have to like all rappers that are in the same category. For example, If you like Nas, do you absolutely have to like Mobb Deep or Cormega too ?
you don't have to but almost everyone who fu*ks with nas also listens to at least some of his peers, such as mobb deep or raekwon. these backpacker gibbs fans literally don't listen to any other modern street rappers. i'm not saying i expect them to be into chief keef and 2 chainz but it's crazy that they don't listen to any of them. and they usually like to sh*t on them all the time. it's very hypocritical.
 6 years ago '10        #370
SeattleLost 797 heat pts797
space
space
space
$64,608 | Props total: 8494 8494
i don't like gibbs anymore. gibbs before he signed to wack a.ss cte>>>>
 6 years ago '04        #371
ATLDOPEBOI30 74 heat pts74
space
avatar space
space
$33,345 | Props total: 6987 6987
Bout it bout it in the trunk =
 6 years ago '12        #372
Dee352 170 heat pts170
space
avatar space
space
$10,879 | Props total: 733 733
 SeattleLost said:
i don't like gibbs anymore. gibbs before he signed to wack a.ss cte>>>>
Says the bricksquad d!ck sucker
 6 years ago '08        #373
Illuminati 248 heat pts248
space
avatar space
space
$40,516 | Props total: 12937 12937
Money clothes hoes


[pic - click to view]

 6 years ago '04        #374
Juicy "J" 2 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$4,288 | Props total: 5879 5879
 AuthenticMade said:
Seventeen - T-Minus
fu*k Them n*ggaz - Lil Lody
Breaking Bad - Statik Selektah


Middle Of The Night? No idea lol.
Good lookin' out bruh! Preciate ya!....do anybody know who produced Middle Of The Night?
 6 years ago '04        #375
Juicy "J" 2 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$4,288 | Props total: 5879 5879
Also does anyone got the production credits for midwestgangstaboxframecadillacmuzik?
 09-26-2012, 03:12 AM         #376
BADmeetsEVIL 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
These beats don't suit Gibbs, he needs nothing but hard sh*t.
 09-26-2012, 04:14 AM         #377
k3llz 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 BADmeetsEVIL said:
These beats don't suit Gibbs, he needs nothing but hard sh*t.
same thing i was thinking, Gibbs sounds better on that trap sh*t with Jeezy, that's why that "BFK" was dope
 6 years ago '10        #378
jt satan 79 heat pts79 OP
space
avatar space
space
$3,704 | Props total: 283 283
yall n*ggas trippin like freddie gibbs wasnt them old school hiphop beats before he signed to cte
 6 years ago '07        #379
clipse_designz 
space
avatar space
space
$2,756 | Props total: 127 127
 jt satan said:
yall n*ggas trippin like freddie gibbs wasnt them old school hiphop beats before he signed to cte


not even that though, n*ggas acting like gibbs didn't just drop TWO eps with madlib
 09-26-2012, 06:05 AM         #380
k3llz 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i prefer him on that trap sh*t on the real, them beats he rappin on well most of them, or too soft man...be real
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 24
Image(s) inside This girl is so fcking ugly Oh my but her body A1
132 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 21
Image(s) inside TAYLOR BANNER out here looking like something to eat! 🌱
96 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 19
May 21 - Dad takes late son's girlfriend to prom, one month after fatal crash
62 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
 8
Image(s) inside H1z1 drops on PS4 tomorrow, here’s 11 tips to dominate
60 comments
2 days ago
@games
most viewed right now
 7
NBA Lebron James joins Allen Iverson as only players to have 6 40-point games ..
40 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
 4
Ol Boy Was Play Fightin Wit His Girl And Then This Happened
66 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 4
Video inside k dot kicks w**** girl off stage for n****
614 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 3
audio inside Meek Previews New Song "What Beef".. Mentions Drake
116 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy