NBA The Original Charlotte Hornets Logo
28 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside WTF is Rick & Morty?
92 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NBA LaMelo could be the youngest NBA player ever at 16?
98 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Well Damn NEW VIDEO: (Preview/Snippet) Migos “Ice Tray” (Everyday Struggle)
77 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '11        #61
Kadillac87 225 heat pts225
space
space
$17,495 | Props total: 6665 6665
 Hood_Rich said:
lol, Google maps will be in the app store hopefully
Nah. Apple was already putting ads out to hire developers to work on Maps last week. They'll intentionally block Google Maps from being in the Apple Store until they fix it.
 5 years ago '04        #62
ddash 1 heat pts
space
space
$22,968 | Props total: 3459 3459
 Staszy said:
Anyone that gives somebody ridicule over purchasing a phone needs to just off themselves

It's a fu*king phone.
 09-20-2012, 11:20 PM         #63
><>Young'n<>< 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
the Maps issues are GLARING to say the least. It did take Google Maps time to get where it is now so I'll give it time to develop, but they shouldn't have gotten rid of Google so quickly if this wasn't ready, and it isn't by any means.
 5 years ago '11        #64
space
space
 ><>Young'n<>< said:
the Maps issues are GLARING to say the least. It did take Google Maps time to get where it is now so I'll give it time to develop, but they shouldn't have gotten rid of Google so quickly if this wasn't ready, and it isn't by any means.
Nobody is complaining about the navigation and directions. They're complaining about aerial views.

5 years ago '06        #65
Manny05 1 heat pts
space
space
$17,401 | Props total: 1 1
Not surprised one bit by this. Apple doesn't have enough experience compared to Google in the map department.
I'd give it about a year before they can compete with Google.
 09-21-2012, 01:11 AM         #66
><>Young'n<>< 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Kadillac87 said:
Nobody is complaining about the navigation and directions. They're complaining about aerial views.

i understand that, but as someone who goes to school in a non-metropolitan city, the lapses in the maps coverage are more noticeable to me than the aerial view woes.
 5 years ago '07        #67
INFAMOUS 13 heat pts13
space
space
space
$35,778 | Props total: 2740 2740
[email changed - confirm acct by email]

Waiting on that iPhone 5 restock
 5 years ago '07        #68
INFAMOUS 13 heat pts13
space
space
space
$35,778 | Props total: 2740 2740
[email changed - confirm acct by email]
 Kadillac87 said:

5 years ago '04        #69
Venom 29 heat pts29
space
space
$14,130 | Props total: 784 784
 Kadillac87 said:

5 years ago '12        #70
Pleasure Boy 1256 heat pts1256
space
space
$10,008 | Props total: 4956 4956
 Kadillac87 said:
iPhone is the most popular phone on the market so yea, he would be correct. I don't see why you're getting so defensive about it. All he is saying is that people are hating because it's popular.

[pic - click to view]

You have a habbit of pulling out charts like its suppose to mean something to us regular folks...

Fucck your charts and fucck Apple, btw i only say fucck Apple coz of people like you who defend corporate companies like you part of their staff or development team, i always say if something works for you and you can afford it than buy it, but if they literally r*pe you and you still support they products than you just a bi*ch who like to get abused and you sir are a bi*ch who deserves all the abuse Apple has in store for you
 09-21-2012, 06:46 AM         #71
cunseededcee 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I dont get it? If your jailbroken, why the fu*k are you even using google maps? Why not use TomTom?
 5 years ago '04        #72
finishim 80 heat pts80
space
space
$21,769 | Props total: 1 1
at the end of the day, this more of a Tom Tom thing than an apple thing

actually, now that I look at it, there are about 10 diff map data companies and business listings to blame, and only one company for satellite data

Last edited by finishim; 09-21-2012 at 07:33 AM..
 5 years ago '12        #73
Pleasure Boy 1256 heat pts1256
space
space
$10,008 | Props total: 4956 4956

[pic - click to view]

Look wtf they did to the Eiffel Tower

If you pre-ordered an Apple iPhone 5 early, tomorrow is the day you'll be receieving your new, slightly better mobile phone, but you might want to be a little wary of iPhones new map feature. If you don't have the new phone, you might want to hold off on updating to iOS 6. While the iPhone 5 will (finally) offer turn-by-turn directions, according to many reports, Apple's new map feature is...problematic, as you can see from the above picture of the Eiffel Tower.
There are no directions for public transportation, and according to many reports, not only are some photographic representations of locations clearly messed up, the info Apple is drawing on for its maps is often inaccurate and/or crazy. Apple's new map app gives us a view into a bizzaro word full of Dali-esque landscapes, where the Brooklyn bridge is melting, long-dead businesses are still around, gas stations are located on rooftops, Chinese restaurants are at the bottom of rivers, and some cities have been sent back in time to World War II.
As much as I'd like to believe that Apple is conducting a large-scale alternative reality art experiment, the problems with Apple's Map app seems to have more to do with the company being relatively new to the mapping game, but still wanting to distance itself from competitor Google. Previously, the iPhone's mapping service was powered by Google, who have been creating better and better maps for the past decade or so. Now Apple is using TomTom's info, which some find lacking. Apple may want to scale back its relationship with Google, but, at least for now, it seems to be stumbling pretty badly in one of the most important areas for smart phone users.
Google hasn't said yet whether it plans to make a google maps application available on the Apple app store, so for now, iPhone 5 users might be turning into lakes to pick up their order of General Tsao's Chicken.
 09-21-2012, 09:33 AM         #74
dlettern 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Google creates, Apple innovates....
 5 years ago '06        #75
coolio 57 heat pts57
space
space
$18,375 | Props total: 9 9
so google created good maps and apple innovated by making them worse?
 5 years ago '11        #76
space
space
 Venom said:
 5 years ago '06        #77
coolio 57 heat pts57
space
space
$18,375 | Props total: 9 9
 Kadillac87 said:

Conclusion

Still, the Apple app made some significant mistakes while the Google Maps app was pretty much on the money.
 5 years ago '11        #78
keejee 131 heat pts131
space
space
$9,191 | Props total: 24 24
 Game375 said:
Jail broken on 5.1.1
yes sir
[pic - click to view]

5 years ago '06        #79
richardgil 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$831 | Props total: 87 87
 Rico23 said:
Are you saying its the norm to want/have an iphone?

Shut the fu*k up with that fanboy sh*t dumbass
You my friend are a fu*king idiot to think the majority of the US does not want an iPhone.
Look at the damm numbers

I'm not saying its the best phone, also not saying that it isn't.

Just saying majority of android 'fanboys' exist because they feel it makes them cool to against the norm and challenge the loyal customers Apple has, what you call 'sheep'.

If you like another phone, good, go buy it.

Now move on, queer.

Last edited by richardgil; 09-21-2012 at 10:51 AM..
 5 years ago '04        #80
jasonrcruz 
space
space
$1,228 | Props total: 1 1
Android users are the republicans of the phone world. Bitter and upset when the majority doesn't agree with them.
Home      

most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
113 comments
21 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
52 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
270 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Let’s keep it real: is she a 6 in your area?
48 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Rap in the 90's vs rap today
70 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 12 - Alien Spacecraft Discovered? Scientists believe so
28 comments
21 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
11 comments
19 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside X-MEN return to Marvel Studios in less than 48 hours
77 comments
19 hours ago
@movies
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy