most viewed right now
yukmouth responded to gonzoe
22 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Was there ever a bigger weed carrier than SliffStar
118 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 09-19-2012, 08:54 AM         #1
5595 pageviews
62 comments

KRiSH 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Sep 19 - Why British police don’t have guns

The deaths of two female police constables have brought into focus the unarmed status of most British police. Why does Britain hold firm against issuing guns to officers on the beat?

It's the single most obvious feature that sets the British bobby apart from their counterparts overseas.

Tourists and visitors regularly express surprise at the absence of firearms from the waists of officers patrolling the streets.

But to most inhabitants of the UK - with the notable exception of Northern Ireland - it is a normal, unremarkable state of affairs that most front-line officers do not carry guns.

Unremarkable, that is, until unarmed officers like Nicola Hughes and Fiona Bone are k!lled in the line of duty. There are always those who question why Britain is out of step with most of the rest of the world, with the exceptions of the Republic of Ireland, New Zealand, Norway and a handful of other nations.

For a heavily urbanised country of its population size, the situation in Great Britain is arguably unique.

Film director Michael Winner, founder of the Police Memorial Trust, and Tony Rayner, the former chairman of Ess3x Police Federation, have both called for officers to be routinely armed.

But despite the loss of two of his officers, Greater Manchester Chief Constable Sir Peter Fahy was quick to speak in support of the status quo.

"We are passionate that the British style of policing is routinely unarmed policing. Sadly we know from the experience in America and other countries that having armed officers certainly does not mean, sadly, that police officers do not end up getting shot."

But one thing is clear. When asked, police officers say overwhelmingly that they wish to remain unarmed.

A 2006 survey of 47,328 Police Federation members found 82% did not want officers to be routinely armed on duty, despite almost half saying their lives had been "in serious jeopardy" during the previous three years.

It is a position shared by the Police Superintendents' a.ssociation and the a.ssociation of Chief Police Officers.

The British public are not nearly so unanimous.

An ICM poll in April 2004 found 47% supported arming all police, compared with 48% against.

In 2007, the centre-right think-tank Policy Exchange found 72% of 2,156 adults wanted to see more armed police patrols

complete article:
[pic - click to view]

BBC News - Why British police don’t have guns

62 comments for "Sep 19 - Why British police don’t have guns"

5 years ago '07        #2
clipse_designz 
space
space
$2,747 | Props total: 66 66
Im from the uk and I definitely prefer un armed police.

I think it would be sensible though for them to have the potential for being armed, they should all be arms trained and keep guns at stations or in locked gloveboxes in the patrol vehichles so that if a gun if they have to go the a theft, burglary, armed robbery, murder, hostage situation its easily accessible to all police officers.
 5 years ago '08        #3
foestacks 13 heat pts13
space
space
space
$5,746 | Props total: 1232 1232
 clipse_designz said:
Im from the uk and I definitely prefer un armed police.

I think it would be sensible though for them to have the potential for being armed, they should all be arms trained and keep guns at stations or in locked gloveboxes in the patrol vehichles so that if a gun if they have to go the a theft, burglary, armed robbery, murder, hostage situation its easily accessible to all police officers.
 09-19-2012, 12:23 PM         #4
Sniggit  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
sh*t they dont need em

with all the surveillance we have and the amount of specially trained forces, if they know you got guns youre going to be overpowered and out-skilled, if they even smell a gun you got a special ops team on call, they dont take any chances.
 5 years ago '07        #5
jack_napier 
space
space
$3,564 | Props total: 53 53
I did not know British police were unarmed, wow.
 09-19-2012, 05:54 PM         #6
kevante  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I've been to Mexico, Brazil, and Colombia, where all the cops just walk around with machine guns and that sh*t kinda freaked me out. Specially considering how corrupt the cops are, we had to bribe them like 3 times, even though we weren't doing sh*t . People there are more afraid of cops than getting shot for no reason by some random stranger.
 5 years ago '04        #7
ruff 6 heat pts
space
space
$26,646 | Props total: 2652 2652
Man, if I was a cop, I'd want to be strapped.

I can care less which part of the world I'm in too.
 5 years ago '06        #8
nightmare 429 heat pts429
space
space
$13,073 | Props total: 37 37
 jack_napier said:
I did not know British police were unarmed, wow.
that is like their trademark, unarmed cops
 5 years ago '05        #9
MysticKJ 28 heat pts28
space
space
$15,426 | Props total: 4772 4772
well having unarmed cops would at least stop all these cops in the US from acting like they are superior beings, shooting people by accident, or k!lling people without justification...
 5 years ago '05        #10
Da Gooneyz 5 heat pts
space
space
$8,048 | Props total: 830 830
Ive been stopped by armed police. I see this article is addressing that other British society.
 5 years ago '05        #11
MATIX 
space
space
$7,990 | Props total: 73 73
A 2006 survey of 47,328 Police Federation members found 82% did not want officers to be routinely armed on duty, despite almost half saying their lives had been "in serious jeopardy" during the previous three years.
What kind of statement are they trying to make? Are they trying to say their country is more civilized and that they dont need guns to deal with regular police activities?

To me, if anything, the guns are their for the officers protection. Take that away and they only got a nite-stick or tazer?
 5 years ago '11        #12
UrbanGAAWD 209 heat pts209
space
space
$7,295 | Props total: 1071 1071
Because the British are pussies that still bow down and pay taxes to some old racist bi*ch and call her the queen...they are trained to sit down and not have any guns....

The problem with gun control is bad people/ignorant/plain dumb people get guns and use them....guns aren't the problem, they are the solution in America....I can't say that for England the rest of Europe....if we were to reform gun laws here, we need to reform life in general...btw my personal opinion on guns are, you should be able to have whatever you want and can carry what you want...I rather carry a springfield xd 9 than carry a pocket knife

Last edited by UrbanGAAWD; 09-19-2012 at 07:35 PM..
 5 years ago '07        #13
clipse_designz 
space
space
$2,747 | Props total: 66 66
 urbangatsby said:
Because the British are pussies that still bow down and pay taxes to some old racist bi*ch and call her the queen...they are trained to sit down and not have any guns....

The problem with gun control is bad people/ignorant/plain dumb people get guns and use them....guns aren't the problem, they are the solution in America....I can't say that for England the rest of Europe....if we were to reform gun laws here, we need to reform life in general...btw my personal opinion on guns are, you should be able to have whatever you want and can carry what you want...I rather carry a springfield xd 9 than carry a pocket knife
1. The british public to not pay taxes to the queen, the queen in fact gives a lot more money back in taxes to the general public, so the opposite is actually true

Also do you know how many americans go to london to see the queen you yanks love her more then we do i swear

2. Our police are a lot more competent and less corrupt then the us counterparts, british police don't need to be armed constantly because there is little gun culture in britain, if the population don't have arms the police don't need them in any situation, our police can actually handle 99.9% of situations without arms ffs. People in america get pulled over by traffic cops and the pistol is pulled, how many cops with guns in america have k!lled innocent people? Less then a handful have been k!lled in the UK with guns in recent memory and in most cases it was cases of bad luck not stupidity.

3. Firearm related death in the USA is 2000% higher then in the UK...
that leaves either two options using your own words...

a) "guns are the problem"
b) American contains 2000% more "bad people/ignorant/plain dumb people"

you can pick.
 5 years ago '11        #14
space
space
 clipse_designz said:
1. The british public to not pay taxes to the queen, the queen in fact gives a lot more money back in taxes to the general public, so the opposite is actually true

Also do you know how many americans go to london to see the queen you yanks love her more then we do i swear

2. Our police are a lot more competent and less corrupt then the us counterparts, british police don't need to be armed constantly because there is little gun culture in britain, if the population don't have arms the police don't need them in any situation, our police can actually handle 99.9% of situations without arms ffs. People in america get pulled over by traffic cops and the pistol is pulled, how many cops with guns in america have k!lled innocent people? Less then a handful have been k!lled in the UK with guns in recent memory and in most cases it was cases of bad luck not stupidity.

3. Firearm related death in the USA is 2000% higher then in the UK...
that leaves either two options using your own words...

a) "guns are the problem"
b) American contains 2000% more "bad people/ignorant/plain dumb people"

you can pick.
Wrong dumbass since the house of windsor inception in the 20th century, you morons have been paying the royal family to be "kings and queens" and rule over you, you pay her directly around 20 million a year plus she gets allotments for her houses and security, then various members of the royal family get paid money based on their rank/succession to the crown

2. I didn't down the police force...I merely blame that bad/ignorant/dumb people make guns k!ll people...guns don't k!ll people...

Also I said that if you we're to reform guns laws in America, you need to reform life in general because our society is built on violence in movies and music that dominates the popular couture

.....see you're not gonna down America because England is better or more civilize because you people still worship an hereditary dictator....I bet you still think the queen has "no power" or control over British life...that racist bi*ch and her retard eugenics husband still run things and put Cameron in the public light to do day to day sh*t

But ehh I can't talk, my countrys been taking over by globalist bankers that are systemically destroying my nation and forming a police a state, what can I say on the subject

Last edited by UrbanGAAWD; 09-19-2012 at 08:39 PM..
 09-19-2012, 08:49 PM         #15
Ayena  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 urbangatsby said:

The same way you will be THE FIRST dumb a.ss who will rage and say "fu*k THE POLICE" when an officer of the law shoots someone. Then its all about corrupt police, racists police officers, fu*k the police, pigs, etc.

If I was god. Every individual such as yourself, that has an IQ equivalent to a chicken would be toast. I'd recommend swallowing a bottle of pills, hell it would have been better if your mother swallowed you in the first place.
 5 years ago '04        #16
Fameus 6 heat pts
space
space
$7,620 | Props total: 4069 4069
I can not understand how anyone would prefer to live in a place where you needed to have a gun . Id prefer to live in a country where there wasnt the constant fear of getting shot . There will always be guns in America that will never change . But there should definitely be changes , if you cant see there is a problem your fu*ked up . It should not be easier to get a gun than a car .
 5 years ago '11        #17
space
space
 Ayena said:
The same way you will be THE FIRST dumb a.ss who will rage and say "fu*k THE POLICE" when an officer of the law shoots someone. Then its all about corrupt police, racists police officers, fu*k the police, pigs, etc.

If I was god. Every individual such as yourself, that has an IQ equivalent to a chicken would be toast. I'd recommend swallowing a bottle of pills, hell it would have been better if your mother swallowed you in the first place.
No, did I state I wanted to go out and shot people or ride on n*ggas? I just said that I want people to have guns to defend themselves from danger of any kind....whether it be local criminals or tryrannical governments, I want people to have guns to defend themselves and their families....nowhere in my post did I want to hurt people or inflict pain on anyone that hasn't endanger my life

I also said guns don't k!ll people, bad people, criminals and ignorant people fu*k things up for legit gun owners...many people have guns in their homes or carry them on their person and never do anything stupid

I swear people on boxden are becoming bigger pussies every fu*king year...it's like people in America want to live in societies where guns aren't prevalent....for them I say go to fu*king Europe or change American society...don't be a sideline cheerleader that bi*ches at people with guns

Last edited by UrbanGAAWD; 09-19-2012 at 10:20 PM..
 09-19-2012, 10:37 PM         #18
KingoBling  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 urbangatsby said:
No, did I state I wanted to go out and shot people or ride on n*ggas? I just said that I want people to have guns to defend themselves from danger of any kind....whether it be local criminals or tryrannical governments, I want people to have guns to defend themselves and their families....nowhere in my post did I want to hurt people or inflict pain on anyone that hasn't endanger my life

I also said guns don't k!ll people, bad people, criminals and ignorant people fu*k things up for legit gun owners...many people have guns in their homes or carry them on their person and never do anything stupid

I swear people on boxden are becoming bigger pussies every fu*king year...it's like people in America want to live in societies where guns aren't prevalent....for them I say go to fu*king Europe or change American society...don't be a sideline cheerleader that bi*ches at people with guns

saying guns dont k!ll people is the stupidest argument i've heard, and it seems to only get spewed out by dumbass people.

the logic behind that saying is so flawed its comical people even repeat it.

a rational intelligent person could make a poor irrational decision based solely on emotions. for example someone with a gun is angry at someone else, take the gun away and majority of the time it would only escalate to a heated exchange of words. as opposed to someone getting shot and k!lled, which is what lax gun laws promote indirectly.

cops not having weapons is showing people that you can police a civilized country without needing army guns. guns which give the officer a boost to his ego. i dont see many british police brutality videos now that i think of it.
 5 years ago '11        #19
space
space
 KingoBling said:
saying guns dont k!ll people is the stupidest argument i've heard, and it seems to only get spewed out by dumbass people.

the logic behind that saying is so flawed its comical people even repeat it.

a rational intelligent person could make a poor irrational decision based solely on emotions. for example someone with a gun is angry at someone else, take the gun away and majority of the time it would only escalate to a heated exchange of words. as opposed to someone getting shot and k!lled, which is what lax gun laws promote indirectly.

cops not having weapons is showing people that you can police a civilized country without needing army guns. guns which give the officer a boost to his ego. i dont see many british police brutality videos now that i think of it.
So basically you're whole argument is people shouldn't have guns because we might get mad at someone and shot them? even you with liberal kool aid still on you're breath can't really believe that....that's basically saying we shouldn't have knives because someone might get mad and stab someone .....

and to call me an idiot when I want people that are law abiding to own guns and only use them to defend themselves is pure asinine and pathetic....AGAIN LET ME SAY....I WANT PEOPLE TO OWN GUNS TO DEFNED THEMSELVES FROM CRIMINALS AND GOVERNMENT OPPRESSION!!! Not to go off and k!ll cops or hurt innocent people....like I said before as well, BAD PEOPLE, CRIMINALS AND IGNORANT PEOPLE fu*k THINGS UP FOR LAW ABIDING GUN OWNERS THAT WISH NO HARM ON ANYONE

And cops not having guns show criminals that they do whatever they want and not get shot and maybe deal with getting caught but that's a bridge they haven't crossed yet...is that why Irish gangs and mobs grow increasingly each year in Europe....s3x trafficking and various crimes grew each year in England...stop acting like England is some peaceful place compared to us...they have problems and we have problems too

And what about the London riots last year when they where dragging anyone that in the area out of their cars, off their bikes and breaking into people's homes? Cops had no guns and pulled back while people looted and looters knew people don't have guns so they can act a fool....I remember seeing clips of college kids getting beat up and older people getting kicked to the ground and punched by these looters....would you prefer gunless cops and a gunless population to not define themselves or property? fu*kin dumbass
 5 years ago '06        #20
nightmare 429 heat pts429
space
space
$13,073 | Props total: 37 37
 urbangatsby said:

yall be making sound like its easy to just up and live the country and get citizenship in places like europe
Home      

most viewed right now
NBA Bron and the Cavs been on they sh-t since ...
31 comments
18 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside trust a big butt and smile
41 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside ‘Saturday Night Live’ and Kevin Hart Deliver One Disappointing Christma..
39 comments
22 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Teanna Trump got a son now? :deadpg:
86 comments
18 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside So Maliah blessed us this morning
76 comments
21 hours ago