DMX - "Undisputed" Sells 16k First Week. $240,000 to 9/11 Families?

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Chinx’s Killer attended his funeral!!!!!smh
64 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Phat ass white girl for real
18 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Former NBA All Star Lorenzen Wright's ex wife is arrested in connection to..
84 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA Read Westbrooks lips to Embiid
68 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 09-19-2012, 02:01 PM         #41
GOD999 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Boo The Fool said:
dumb n*gga....DMX was outselling damn near everybody in the rap game at the time

It's Dark and hell is hot album debuted at #1 on The Billboard 200, and sold 251,000 copies in its first week.[7] It was certified 4x Platinum by RIAA on December 18, 2000.

Flesh of my Flesh, blood of my blood is the second album released in 1998 by rapper DMX.[5] It entered the charts at number one (and stayed there for 3 consecutive weeks) with an impressive 870,000 units shipped in the first week.[6] The album eventually went 5x Platinum in the US.[7]

…And Then There Was X is the third album by American rapper DMX, released December 21, 1999 on Ruff Ryders Entertainment and Def Jam Recordings. In 2000, it was certified 4x Platinum and then later 5x Platinum.

the Great Depression is the fourth solo album released by New York-based rapper DMX. Released October 23, 2001, it was DMX's fourth consecutive album to debut at number one on the Billboard 200 chart. 439,000 copies were sold within the first week of the album's release,eventually selling nearly three million copies worldwide

Grand Champ is the fifth album by American rapper DMX, released in 2003. Grand Champ features the popular singles Where the Hood At? and Get It On The Floor. The album sold 512,000 in its first week and debuted at #1 on the Billboard 200. The album eventually went 4x Platinum.
someone edited his wiki page a lil bit on these, cause I know for sure Grand Champ did 312,000 first week. Google it

Grand Champ went 4X plat ? I ain't heard of that, but that's gotta be worldwide numbers cause I know it went only plat in the u.s.

But everything else is on point sales wise
 09-19-2012, 02:24 PM         #42
Graftedgenes 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
DMX sold a lot of records back when rap fans actually went out and purchased records, Drake sells alot of albums in an era were it takes a couple minutes to illegally download records.

Kinda ignorant to compare albums sales from a decade ago with today's sales.

The DMX album was trash he's a sad shell of an artist who threw his career away so he could abuse drugs and dogs and his weird gimmick to donate proceeds to 9/11 families 10 years after 9/11 is just strange. I hope he gets help or his sickness.
Lurker gave props

09-19-2012, 02:31 PM         #43
ManWithoutFear! 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Mwana Ya Lola said:
Yeah... but Jay-z was not selling that much with all the pop/radio friendly song he was making...

X k!lled the radio without going pop.
Somebody know they sh*t
 09-19-2012, 02:39 PM         #44
GOD999 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Graftedgenes said:
DMX sold a lot of records back when rap fans actually went out and purchased records, Drake sells alot of albums in an era were it takes a couple minutes to illegally download records.

I know that and been aware of the decline in rap sales since it was reported in 2005 by various media outlets. I'm saying, any rapper nowadays is lucky to push gold or plat let alone multi-plat and Drake is one of them. One gold EP of So Far Gone + 2 plat albums already got his status on lock for this age. It's not like it's impossible to go multi plat if Wayne & Eminem are still doing it. But for a rapper to achieve that nowadays is a challege, but it's not needed, cause everyone going multi plat off ringtone singles now.

He's on a great streak as is and ain't going nowhere, but I don't see any future success staying with the Young Money lane....If he's smart enough to get that Ovoxo label or wtf he got popping w/ that distrubution he set. He's in a position to do that.
 09-19-2012, 02:43 PM         #45
3rdcoasta 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Not sure of the comparisons of Drake and DMX. Two different style's to me. Drake is a RNB cat who happens to rap also. X is hardcore rap artist with a few RnB appearances and they rap about totally different issues.

I respect Drakes music but I'd rather Listen to X any day. This last album was disappointing to me. I really have nothing specific to say about it. Can't speak on Drake, because I don't listen to his albums. X seems too focused on YMCMB trolling now days. Can't believe he just out the blue, calling drake and nikki out. Lol. Kinda reminds me when EM went in on all the female pop artists a while back; now EM is pushin Pop!

I understand the plex with Jay-Z; him saying Ross lacks lyricism (subjective anyway), but why did he go in on Drake and Nikki specifically?
 5 years ago '04        #46
jmac88 
space
space
$527 | Props total: 77 77
considering that best buy and hastings were both selling the album for less than 10 bucks it aint even that much yall,
 5 years ago '07        #47
1LynguisticMind 177 heat pts177 OP
space
space
$24,901 | Props total: 1146 1146
 Graftedgenes said:

The DMX album was trash he's a sad shell of an artist who threw his career away so he could abuse drugs and dogs and his weird gimmick to donate proceeds to 9/11 families 10 years after 9/11 is just strange. I hope he gets help or his sickness.
I can just guarantee this "38" year old "self made" blogger didnt even listen to the album.

oh wait are you hating cause he is hating on MMG affiliate? Drake?

[video - click to view]

[video - click to view]

[video - click to view]

you think thats trash? yet you think Drake and Ross are good? DMX is rapping about whats real.

Why do you prefer Fantasy rap about drug dealing over beats thats are now "deemed" hot by the Top 40? Drake crooning over a techno instrumental or Ross talking about shipping Kilos to Europe over the same BMF style beat is better music then this new X??? and you say your an "insider"

must be sad when a "white devil" has better taste then you do

Last edited by 1LynguisticMind; 09-19-2012 at 02:52 PM..
 5 years ago '11        #48
Kingpin 313 104 heat pts104
space
space
space
$19,222 | Props total: 2617 2617
Drake wouldnt even be allowed to rap in Dmx era so why compare

It would have been 50 cent vs Ja rule again hiphop is soft now that's why drake has a career
 5 years ago '12        #49
Mavs In 4 51 heat pts51
space
space
$8,877 | Props total: 1037 1037
Drake won.

DMX lost
 09-19-2012, 02:57 PM         #50
J-Dogg 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
comparing Drake to DMX is like comparing Hennessy to Malibu, they both have their fans, but very few enjoy both
 5 years ago '12        #51
Mavs In 4 51 heat pts51
space
space
 X-NINE said:
I know that and been aware of the decline in rap sales since it was reported in 2005 by various media outlets. I'm saying, any rapper nowadays is lucky to push gold or plat let alone multi-plat and Drake is one of them. One gold EP of So Far Gone + 2 plat albums already got his status on lock for this age. It's not like it's impossible to go multi plat if Wayne & Eminem are still doing it. But for a rapper to achieve that nowadays is a challege, but it's not needed, cause everyone going multi plat off ringtone singles now.

He's on a great streak as is and ain't going nowhere, but I don't see any future success staying with the Young Money lane....If he's smart enough to get that Ovoxo label or wtf he got popping w/ that distrubution he set. He's in a position to do that.
n*ggas have been saying YM's gonna fall off for a good couple of years now.

They're only getting bigger and better.

I'd put my account on it that they're not declining anytime soon.
 09-19-2012, 02:59 PM         #52
GOD999 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
^Drake has sold over 2.5 albums in the U.S. overall..catch up to X

Get off a rich n*gga d!ck
 09-19-2012, 03:05 PM         #53
J-Dogg 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
YMCMB is going to fall off, Wayne is definitely on his downslide and people seem to be getting tired of Nicki's act......I can see Drake maintaining his career though, even if the rap crowd shuns him, he could just go the R&B route
 09-19-2012, 03:07 PM         #54
One Gud Cide 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 GUNIT-FINEST said:
idc what he sales that cd bangs man real sh*t one the best out this year real x sh*t to
shut the fu*k up
 09-19-2012, 03:08 PM         #55
Graftedgenes 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 1LynguisticMind said:
I can just guarantee this "38" year old "self made" blogger didnt even listen to the album.

oh wait are you hating cause he is hating on MMG affiliate? Drake?

you think thats trash? yet you think Drake and Ross are good? DMX is rapping about whats real.

Why do you prefer Fantasy rap about drug dealing over beats thats are now "deemed" hot by the Top 40? Drake crooning over a techno instrumental or Ross talking about shipping Kilos to Europe over the same BMF style beat is better music then this new X??? and you say your an "insider"

must be sad when a "white devil" has better taste then you do
You being a self-admitted 13 year old white girl from Montana makes your opinion pretty invalid to me while my opinion seems to make your face turn red.

Your emotional rambling response over your "41" year old "self-made" drug-addict rappers music is pitiful but you chicks love bald-headed shirtless Black men so I'm not surprised that you get emotional over DMX
Lurker gave props

09-19-2012, 03:13 PM         #56
ManWithoutFear! 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 J-Dogg said:
comparing Drake to DMX is like comparing Hennessy to Malibu, they both have their fans, but very few enjoy both
fu*k you n*gga! Im off today! I been drinking Henn-Rock since 11am & I DEF ENJOY IT! Lol
 5 years ago '11        #57
Pakchoy 833 heat pts833
space
space
$6,664 | Props total: 40936 40936
 hustlershope84 said:
That just isn't accurate. To say he was nowhere near is an overstatement. Drake selling records in a drought. DMX never ran radio like Drake neither..and thats not for debate..its a pure fact that Drake singles do better than DMX singles could have ever dreamed of, X's biggest hit Party Up would be a mediocre hit for Drake. DMX only has two top 40 hits with one barely making it. I think Drake would be much bigger than DMX if you put them in the same era(assuming Drake still had the radio dominance in that era) I can't say if X the same for X right now you need radio hits and DMX never knew how to do that.
Wtf are you talking about. Bro if you put Drake in X's era Drake would have no sales. Back then it was better hip hop than the garbage that's been coming out recently and X was a monster. He sung what he had been through. Tell me what canadian jewish boy drake been through apart from getting golden showers from birdman? Drake would of been considered a pop star and would have competed with Usher etc back then.
 5 years ago '12        #58
Mavs In 4 51 heat pts51
space
space
 X-NINE said:
^Drake has sold over 2.5 albums in the U.S. overall..catch up to X

Get off a rich n*gga d!ck
 X-NINE said:

I don't even have to SAY anything these days to make you look like a bald fool.
 09-19-2012, 04:08 PM         #59
Krazy K 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
LOS ANGELES, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 09/12/12 -- Seven Arts Entertainment Inc. (NASDAQ: SAPX) ("Seven Arts" or the "Company") announced today that it has released in the United States and Canada multi-platinum recording artist DMX's new album "Undisputed." Seven Arts has received orders for more than 150,000 physical copies of "Undisputed"

Seven Arts Entertainment only shipped 150K copies together in the US and Canada of the CD. It was destined to flop

Last edited by Krazy K; 09-19-2012 at 04:10 PM..
 5 years ago '07        #60
1LynguisticMind 177 heat pts177 OP
space
space
$24,901 | Props total: 1146 1146
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
112 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Houston Better Stop Playing With Me 😩
57 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Five MORE women accuse Russell Simmons of sexual misconduct - bringing total t..
139 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Michael Blackson comes for Kevin Hart, t.i. Comments
167 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Black thought freestyles on funk flex | #freestyle087
130 comments
2 days ago