First iPhone 5 Reviews Hit the Web

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
31 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Breaking News: Everyday Struggle W Joe Budden & Akademiks Won't Be Back..
142 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Some confused X Men actors think they won't be Recast :mjlol:
157 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
NBA LeBron James Covered His Mouth While Talking To Lonzo Ball After The Game ..
92 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '04        #41
finishim 80 heat pts80
space
space
$21,769 | Props total: 1 1
 bigmike5115 said:
He said what the jellybean update does..n I will have that on my gs3..won't have to wait for the gs4 for these options
and iOS 6 is available on earlier iPhones too, that's why the
 5 years ago '07        #42
SALTY3142 
space
space
$510 | Props total: 5 5
 finishim said:
yeah but it's pointless if you have a 4, you won't get siri you won't get the turn by turn nav, etc. etc. even though the hardware is more than capable of running these features
 5 years ago '06        #43
bigmike5115 
space
space
space
$1,572 | Props total: 50 50
Which is why I'm saying..then itd make sense to stick with the 4s...I came from a droid x2..so now i have a 4.8 inch screen..vivid hd..front facing camera..pip video..lte..all features that u can't get with an ota..so to use my early upgrade would make sense
 5 years ago '11        #44
Kadillac87 225 heat pts225
space
space
$17,495 | Props total: 6665 6665
 SALTY3142 said:
yeah but it's pointless if you have a 4, you won't get siri you won't get the turn by turn nav, etc. etc. even though the hardware is more than capable of running these features
And you won't get JB on the G1 that he was bragging about without rooting it. What's the difference?

5 years ago '04        #45
RYLNYC|m 5 heat pts
space
space
$11,841 | Props total: 1133 1133
 finishim said:
wtf?? other than the fact that the back in completely diff, as is the speakers, front camera, headphones, thinner, where the headphones plug in, screen size and the built for iPhone ridiculous memory

I can see this comment between the 4/4s, but not the 4s/5
I can't tell anymore who's an Android trolling fanboy or an Apple hardcore fanboy.
 09-20-2012, 06:47 AM         #46
xeduran 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Kadillac87 said:
And you won't get JB on the G1 that he was bragging about without rooting it. What's the difference?

A G1 would struggle with JB, my rooted G2 still struggles with JB at times. There is a good reason why old phones do not have JB or ICS, they would struggle due to the older hardware. The reason the Iphone 4 does not have some of the newer features is not due to hardware limitations. It is due to Apple wanting more money.

HTC actually upgraded a sh*tload of old phones to ICS. Not JB though. Samsung was a bit more conservative, but they also upgraded some of their older phones.

Honestly though, if you have a phone that is older than two years, you should be upgrading anyway if you want newer features.
 09-20-2012, 06:52 AM         #47
xeduran 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 finishim said:
Apple fans need to stop it with this mess. Always talking about how old phones get updated as well. Just because the version number changed, that does not mean anything. Those same old phones are not getting the newer features so what is the point of the update. Just to say, "Hey we update our phones"? It is pointless. An Iphone 3GS with iOS 6 is missing almost all of the newer features. You call that an update?

Windows fans do the same thing with the old phones getting a newer version of WP7, but not WP8. Anyway you look at it, all three have the same issue. Older phones do not get updated to the latest software package. Version number means nothing when the software is different for the same version number. I have only ever seen Apple treat software this way. Usually when writing software, if two pieces of software have the same version number, they are exactly the same. You do not see MS calling the latest version of WP7, WP8. This is because the software is different.

Apple does what it does as a marketing tool. Just so that they can say they update all their phones to the latest version. They essentially made version numbers irrelevant when dealing with Apple products. You guys need to stop being biased.
 5 years ago '06        #48
coolio 57 heat pts57
space
space
$18,375 | Props total: 9 9
 finishim said:
wtf?? other than the fact that the back in completely diff, as is the speakers, front camera, headphones, thinner, where the headphones plug in, screen size and the built for iPhone ridiculous memory

I can see this comment between the 4/4s, but not the 4s/5

5 years ago '12        #49
Pleasure Boy 1256 heat pts1256
space
space
$10,008 | Props total: 4956 4956
I aint no experts in phones, but this iPhone was compared to every other iPhone like someone alreadi said in here, its a major upgrade for people who worship/support iPhones but compare to the other phones on the market its just up to standard
 5 years ago '04        #50
finishim 80 heat pts80
space
space
$21,769 | Props total: 1 1
 Pleasure Boy said:
I aint no experts in phones, but this iPhone was compared to every other iPhone like someone alreadi said in here, its a major upgrade for people who worship/support iPhones but compare to the other phones on the market its just up to standard
just like the upgrades on the sII to sIII right? made it look less like an iPhone, same camera, bigger and heavier, and NFC support at a time when there isn't much use for it yet forgetting anything?
 09-20-2012, 12:34 PM         #51
kbz 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
real talk , android can't fu*k with the app market and that's really why alot of people ain't leaving their iphones. App store is far ahead of anyone out there , regardless of screen size or whatever.

I have a 4s and that sh*t is SMOOOOOTH on iOS6. My only complaint is THE fu*kING MAPS. Man the maps app is GARBAGE on iPhone right now. Some people say its ok but mine has fu*ked up street names and sh*t. Can't wait for Google to upload a maps app on the app store. Siri is my bi*ch now , she tells me all the stats on any game that happened and all that sh*t kid.

Can't front tho that SIII screen is HUUUUGEE. Just wish it wasn't all plasticky and the battery sh*tted after four hours.
 09-20-2012, 01:59 PM         #52
Ednyce 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
im good with my 4s. it was my first iphone and for some strange reason i thought it would be the "new" iphone for more then a couple months but i was wrong im not about to spend 600-700 on a new 1 and im not eligible for an upgrade for more then a year. so i figure by the time im eligible theyll be at about the iphone 7. that being said i did upgrade to ios 6 yesterday, couple things i like couple i dont. they deleted the default youtube app now you have to download it from the app store, theres a big fuss about the new maps witch i dont really use that much anyway, so wtever, i actually like that it has turn by turn now. and also the new phone call feature is cool, you can end an incoming call and reply with a text or have it remind you when you leave where ever you are as long as you have locations on. and the do not disturb witch doesnt make much sense if you ask me cause if you dont want to be disturbed just put it on silence. other then that unless you get the new phone thats about it.
 09-20-2012, 02:03 PM         #53
Ednyce 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
oh sh*t and i just remembed the camera panorama view which i just realized. seems pretty cool so far im gonna fu*k wit it now

EDIT: that sh*t is dope !!

Last edited by Ednyce; 09-20-2012 at 02:13 PM..
 09-20-2012, 02:27 PM         #54
kbz 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
yea that sh*t is dope

actually the youtube app that's on the IOS6 now is better than the old stock one .. loads up quicker

i love my 4s .. i'ma get my upgrade next year and i'ma get that iphone 5.5 or whatever the fu*k they gone call it.
 09-20-2012, 02:45 PM         #55
Ednyce 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
word you can get picture of a whole room
 5 years ago '11        #56
Kadillac87 225 heat pts225
space
space
$17,495 | Props total: 6665 6665
What I find funny is people who complain about Apple not changing things.

"Apple didn't change anything. It's the same phone. Why didn't you change it"

Then they come back and complain about Apple changing the Maps app

"Apple changed the maps. Why did they change? They should have stayed the same"

Some people, you're just not going to satisfy.
 5 years ago '05        #57
ice wolf 515 heat pts515
space
space
$9,300 | Props total: 5487 5487
I hope Apple continues to rip off Android's best features. Android wouldn't exist if Apple didn't develop the Iphone in 2007, so it's Apple's turn to do some thieving.

IOS >>>>

I've invested too much in my apps to switch, so I'm sticking with Apple. All you nerds that argue about phone specs don't know sh!t. It's all about the usability of the software! This has been Apples claim to fame for years. The Iphone 5 is still the best phone on the market for this reason. Their computers rarely have the most Ram, GHZ etc. Their strength is in their core offering which is their software. I've been using Apple computers my whole life and I've never had a virus. My apps work amazing. My 4S rarely crashed. It pretty much always functions perfectly.

Last edited by ice wolf; 09-20-2012 at 03:45 PM..
 09-20-2012, 04:42 PM         #58
xeduran 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
The new Iphone made plenty of hardware changes. Nobody should be making that argument, and this is coming from someone who loves Android OS. The only problem I have with the new Iphone is the software. IOS has not had any major changes in years. But I have come to accept that I am not in Apple's demographics, so I will not be buying any of Apple's products. Apple is content with keeping their software the same and so are their customers.

This is why I am happy WP8 and Android OS exist. Those of us who think IOS is boring have two other great choices.

If the new Iphone were running Android OS, it would have the same life cycle as the GSIII. The new Iphone is powerful enough to run as many future versions as Android OS as the GSIII. For Android heads to knock the new Iphone's hardware specs is ridiculous. The only issue I can see people having is if Apple decides to leave out future features when the next Iphone is released. Especially since the Iphone 5 should be able to run the next few versions of IOS easily with extra features.

Last edited by xeduran; 09-20-2012 at 04:45 PM..
 5 years ago '06        #59
coolio 57 heat pts57
space
space
$18,375 | Props total: 9 9
 Kadillac87 said:
What I find funny is people who complain about Apple not changing things.

"Apple didn't change anything. It's the same phone. Why didn't you change it"

Then they come back and complain about Apple changing the Maps app

"Apple changed the maps. Why did they change? They should have stayed the same"

Some people, you're just not going to satisfy.

that's cause the map app sucks a.ss and doesnt work
 5 years ago '04        #60
mr_underground|m 1965 heat pts1965
space
space
$22,754 | Props total: 28411 28411
 ice wolf said:
I hope Apple continues to rip off Android's best features. Android wouldn't exist if Apple didn't develop the Iphone in 2007, so it's Apple's turn to do some thieving.

IOS >>>>

I've invested too much in my apps to switch, so I'm sticking with Apple. All you nerds that argue about phone specs don't know sh!t. It's all about the usability of the software! This has been Apples claim to fame for years. The Iphone 5 is still the best phone on the market for this reason. Their computers rarely have the most Ram, GHZ etc. Their strength is in their core offering which is their software. I've been using Apple computers my whole life and I've never had a virus. My apps work amazing. My 4S rarely crashed. It pretty much always functions perfectly.
Usability??!! Are you kidding me, you really need to watch this:

[video - click to view]

Android is more logical than ios
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
36 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
65 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 13 - Bannon looks like a DISHEVELED DRUNK that wondered on stage
15 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
105 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Star Wars Last Jedi Spoiler review
26 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
152 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
61 comments
2 days ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Rare Pics of B.G. Derrick (N.O. Rap)
114 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy