When Popeyes runs out of chicken
36 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Jeezy wildin 😩😩😂😂😂
76 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Uncle Murda Comments On Chinx's Killer Who Is Linked To Him!
54 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Minnesota with lime green uniforms tonight -- yay or nay?
22 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '08        #1
5724 pageviews
60 comments

King Jackson 86 heat pts86
space
space
$5,457 | Props total: 2083 2083
First iPhone 5 Reviews Hit the Web

While most folks, including us, will have to wait until Friday to get their hands on the iPhone 5, a select group of journalists have been using the handset in secret for several days.

These writers were given early access to the new iPhone so they could post full-length reviews of the smartphone before it launches this week. And a lot of these posts just went live…

Apple’s embargo lifted this evening at 6pm PST, essentially giving everyone with an early review of the iPhone 5, the green light to post them. And here’s what they are saying:

Writing for The Wall Street Journal, Walt Mossberg says that the new iPhone is “significantly” faster, thinner and lighter than its predecessors, and that the handset is still “the best smartphone on the market.”

“Perhaps the single biggest functional improvement in this iPhone—something you can’t get by upgrading the software on an older model—is speed. Apple has finally connected the iPhone to the fastest cellular data network, called LTE, and data downloads and uploads just fly, even when you aren’t on Wi-Fi. Also, the processor now has twice the previous speed.”
Tim Stevens, of Engadget, also praised the iPhone 5 for its speed improvements:
“Still, the iPhone 5 absolutely shines. Pick your benchmark and you’ll find Apple’s thin new weapon sitting at or near the top. Will it convince you to give up your Android or Windows Phone ways and join the iOS side? Maybe, maybe not. Will it wow you? Hold it in your hand — you might be surprised. For the iOS faithful this is a no-brainer upgrade. This is without a doubt the best iPhone yet. This is a hallmark of design. This is the one you’ve been waiting for.
And Edward Baig of USA Today says that the handset easily lives up to the high expectations:

“People have always had lofty expectations for the iPhone 5, especially as the competition stiffens. In delivering a fast, attractive, LTE-capable and larger-screen handset, Apple has met those expectations with a gem.

[pic - click to view]

Source

60 comments for "First iPhone 5 Reviews Hit the Web"

5 years ago '10        #2
Trill Livin 65 heat pts65
space
space
$14,414 | Props total: 6247 6247
imma get this phone after the hypebeast get theirs, really want this phone cause i got a macpro and the compatible with each other...if i dont like it i'll sell it and get an S3 ..overall win-win situation
 5 years ago '04        #3
mr_underground|m 1967 heat pts1967
space
space
$22,758 | Props total: 28460 28460
hmmm. idownloadblog an Apple fan site (very credible source of unbias info) seemed to leave out inportant aspects of all of those reviews:

Wallsteet Journal:

Apple has taken an already great product and made it better, overall. Consumers who prefer huge screens or certain marginal features have plenty of other choices, but the iPhone 5 is an excellent choice.
The review basically says this is best for people who are already with Apple and doesn't offer much for people who have Android or Windows

Engadget:

The iPhone 5 is a significant improvement over the iPhone 4S in nearly every regard, and in those areas that didn't see an upgrade over its predecessor -- camera, storage capacity -- one could make a strong case that the iPhone 4S was already ahead of the curve. Every area, that is, except for the OS. If anything, it's the operating system here that's beginning to feel a bit dated and beginning to show its age.

Still, the iPhone 5 absolutely shines. Pick your benchmark and you'll find Apple's thin new weapon sitting at or near the top. Will it convince you to give up your Android or Windows Phone ways and join the iOS side? Maybe, maybe not. Will it wow you? Hold it in your hand -- you might be surprised. For the iOS faithful this is a no-brainer upgrade. This is without a doubt the best iPhone yet. This is a hallmark of design. This is the one you've been waiting for.
He says the same thing, good for iOS user, not so good for others.

NY Times:

If you have an iPhone 4S, getting an iPhone 5 would mean breaking your two-year carrier contract and paying a painful penalty; maybe not worth it for the 5’s collection of nips and tucks. But if you’ve had the discipline to sit out a couple of iPhone generations — wow, are you in for a treat.

It’s just too bad about that connector change.
The article reads as the other, this phone only applies to people with older iphones.

Most of the review say the same. I don't care about the phone but the bias was incredibly obvious to me.

I would expect the next generation of anything to be better than the previous one but from skimming some of these BMW owners are screwed because the old connector is built into the car

Cnet:

The good: The iPhone 5 adds everything we wanted in the iPhone 4S: 4G LTE, a longer, larger screen, and a faster A6 processor. Plus, its top-to-bottom redesign is sharp, slim, and feather-light.

The bad: Sprint and Verizon models can't use voice and data simultaneously. The smaller connector renders current accessories unusable without an adapter. There's no NFC, and the screen size pales in comparison to jumbo Android models.

The bottom line: The iPhone 5 completely rebuilds the iPhone on a framework of new features and design, addressing its major previous shortcomings. It's absolutely the best iPhone to date, and it easily secures its place in the top tier of the smartphone universe.
WTF??? So he just said the phone makes up for all its shortcoming so now its the best? I like the comparison pic though:

[pic - click to view]

Last edited by mr_underground; 09-18-2012 at 10:30 PM..
 5 years ago '05        #4
Andrefrbk 1067 heat pts1067
space
space
$22,889 | Props total: 5126 5126

I watched the engadget review.... Lost all my brain cells. It showed absolutely NOTHING to justify the purchase.

He is like "as you can see side by side the the 5 opens apps faster than the 4s..." you see an app opening like a half second faster

Then he is like maps, cities are in 3d, however you cant use it during navigation... okay... Then he said "but it shows the power of the 5."

Then dude is like some apps not upgraded for the new display will be letter boxed, and then he shows a game not working anymore because of the screen changes.

After all this underwhelming news he has given us, he then end saying how good the iphone 5 is. And claims iphone sets a new bar for smartphones.

Yo wtf!? I dont feel compelled to upgrade after seeing that review... SO how is it good.

Last edited by Andrefrbk; 09-18-2012 at 10:12 PM..
 5 years ago '05        #5
space
space
I watched 3 reviews so far, damn this is by far some of the worst biased journalism ive ever seen... Dudes are all like... "the buttons are different, it has aluminum now...." They give a bunch of underwhelming feature's. Then use nice adjectives, and then ends the review like "its the best, ima buy one..."

Are these people human?

No comment on the small screen size, lack of 720p, no NFC, poor design decisions (lightning)... Wow not one fuking review really dug deep.

Last edited by Andrefrbk; 09-18-2012 at 10:23 PM..
 5 years ago '04        #6
shadychef04 126 heat pts126
space
space
$5,029 | Props total: 2985 2985
I'm coppin the sh*t out of this.... (gettin it as a birthday gift )

5 years ago '04        #7
mr_underground|m 1967 heat pts1967
space
space
$22,758 | Props total: 28460 28460
 Andrefrbk said:

I watched the engadget review.... Lost all my brain cells. It showed absolutely NOTHING to justify the purchase.

He is like "as you can see side by side the the 5 opens apps faster than the 4s..." you see an app opening like a half second faster

Then he is like maps, cities are in 3d, however you cant use it during navigation... okay... Then he said "but it shows the power of the 5."

Then dude is like some apps not upgraded for the new display will be letter boxed, and then he shows a game not working anymore because of the screen changes.

After all this underwhelming news he has given us, he then end saying how good the iphone 5 is. And claims iphone sets a new bar for smartphones.

Yo wtf!? I dont feel compelled to upgrade after seeing that review... SO how is it good.
That review was pretty weird but not as strange as its sister sites review techcrunch:

The iPhone 4/4S never felt heavy in my hand during day-to-day use over the course of the past two years. But when I would pick up an Android device like the Nexus S, there was no question that the iPhone was heavier. Now the iPhone 5 is actually lighter than the Nexus S
.....ok?....and....

That article had to be written by Apple or they set up an arrangement. Because according to that review the those small changes are massive. But all the points are something like above.
 5 years ago '05        #8
space
space
cnet gives negatives but still give 4 stars hoooooooow.....

yo, paid for.... n*ggas sold out.

[pic - click to view]

game letter boxed because of the screen, thus the new screen is WORTHLESS. Unless devs go back and recode their older apps, and games which is gonna be a biitch btw. Yet 4 out of 5 stars, thats a massive massive fail for IOS, the fact that all my old apps are going to be fuked up till devs fix em. HOW IS THAT INOVATION!?

Waaaaaaay too many drawbacks to ignore, it shud get no less than a 3/5. NO LESS!
LTE is not ground breaking.

Last edited by Andrefrbk; 09-18-2012 at 10:39 PM..
 5 years ago '12        #9
ThePainkiller 347 heat pts347
space
space
$69,768 | Props total: 22155 22155
 Andrefrbk said:

Andrefrbk said:
I watched 3 reviews so far, damn this is by far some of the worst biased journalism ive ever seen... Dudes are all like... "the buttons are different, it has aluminum now...." They give a bunch of underwhelming feature's. Then use nice adjectives, and then ends the review like "its the best, ima buy one..."

Are these people human?

No comment on the small screen size, lack of 720p, no NFC, poor design decisions (lightning)... Wow not one fuking review really dug deep.
Maybe Flossy or a real journalist like me will do a real, non paid review of it.

mr_underground said:
That review was pretty weird but not as strange as its sister sites review techcrunch:

.....ok?....and....

That article had to be written by Apple or they set up an arrangement. Because according to that review the those small changes are massive. But all the points are something like above.
 5 years ago '12        #10
ThePainkiller 347 heat pts347
space
space
$69,768 | Props total: 22155 22155
 Andrefrbk said:
cnet gives negatives but still give 4 stars hoooooooow.....

yo, paid for.... n*ggas sold out.

[pic - click to view]

game letter boxed because of the screen, thus the new screen is WORTHLESS. Unless devs go back and recode their older apps, and games which is gonna be a biitch btw. Yet 4 out of 5 stars, thats a massive massive fail for IOS, the fact that all my old apps are going to be fuked up till devs fix em. HOW IS THAT INOVATION!?

Waaaaaaay to many drawbacks to ignore, it shud get no less than a 3/5. NO LESS!
LTE is not ground breaking.

[pic - click to view]

5 years ago '11        #11
Jim Gunther 4 heat pts
space
space
space
$197 | Props total: 0 0
Can't wait to get mine. This phone is bawse sh*t. Almost perfect in my opinion.
 5 years ago '04        #12
DonofDons21 
space
space
$6,254 | Props total: 701 701
i seen the promo video for the 5 i just dont see all they hype and i got a 4s.......its like they are making normal sh*t seem cutting edge...i like the new metal look in all...but im not seeing the need for hype
 5 years ago '06        #13
coolio 57 heat pts57
space
space
$18,375 | Props total: 9 9
so basically it's good compared to older iphones but nothing special compared to other devices like the S3 for example pretty much what most people have been saying

and of course these sites are forced to make things like being slightly lighter seem like a big deal, there's not much else to talk about..they have to give it a generally positive review so they have to try and find any "pro" they can

the iphone 5 is obviously a good phone, there's no denying that..it's just nowhere close to raising the bar when comparing it to everything else that's out

Last edited by coolio; 09-19-2012 at 07:30 AM..
 5 years ago '10        #14
FrankAndBeans 27 heat pts27
space
space
$4,007 | Props total: 5725 5725
Another great iPhone. Good sh*t. Getting mine after the jailbreak.
 5 years ago '04        #15
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
$12,859 | Props total: 0 0
 Andrefrbk said:

Are these people human?

5 years ago '05        #16
Y.G. 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$41,656 | Props total: 13768 13768
 mr_underground said:
hmmm. idownloadblog an Apple fan site (very credible source of unbias info) seemed to leave out inportant aspects of all of those reviews:

Wallsteet Journal:

The review basically says this is best for people who are already with Apple and doesn't offer much for people who have Android or Windows

Engadget:

NY Times:

The article reads as the other, this phone only applies to people with older iphones.

Most of the review say the same. I don't care about the phone but the bias was incredibly obvious to me.

I would expect the next generation of anything to be better than the previous one but from skimming some of these BMW owners are screwed because the old connector is built into the car

Cnet:

WTF??? So he just said the phone makes up for all its shortcoming so now its the best? I like the comparison pic though:

[pic - click to view]

Where is purplefag and his jicka alias at now? Phaggot said all the reviews said the iPhone 5 was the best phone ever.
 5 years ago '05        #17
Greece 8 heat pts
space
space
$4,603 | Props total: 1202 1202
 5 years ago '11        #18
jicka 
space
space
space
$72 | Props total: 32 32
 Y.G. said:
Where is purplefag and his jicka alias at now? Phaggot said all the reviews said the iPhone 5 was the best phone ever.
9/10 did say that.
 5 years ago '04        #19
Explicit 239 heat pts239
space
space
$10,092 | Props total: 2398 2398
 mr_underground said:

Wallsteet Journal:

Engadget:

NY Times:

Cnet:

[pic - click to view]

Nice research response
 5 years ago '05        #20
mikesaimname 4 heat pts
space
space
$1,645 | Props total: 201 201
remember...its not new til it comes to apple... (2 years after android)
Home      

most viewed right now
Infinity War Countdown - 140 days left: Disney pulls dick out on the entertain..
70 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside Chick Rants About Only Liking Hood Guys! "I Love When I see A N*gga Glo..
195 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
78 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Might let her meet the parents
77 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
pocaahantus
25 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Dec 15 - California Warns People to Limit Exposure to Cellphones
31 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Amazon may have just dropped a clue about the home of its new..
80 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
NBA Did This NBA Announcer Stole Boxden Lingo?
34 comments
20 hours ago
@sports
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy