OFFICIAL Detroit Lions Vs Tennessee Titans Week 3 Thread

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
96 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
53 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
34 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Game a cornball for how hard he went at Meek for no reason
65 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Detroit Lions Vs Tennessee Titans Week 3 Who You Got ?
Detroit Lions 7 58.33%
Tennessee Titans 5 41.67%
Voters: 12. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 09-18-2012, 04:47 PM         #1
7906 pageviews
535 comments

s7venwords 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
OFFICIAL Detroit Lions Vs Tennessee Titans Week 3 Thread

[pic - click to view]

VS

[pic - click to view]

Sunday, Sep 23, 2012 at 1:00PM EDT
DirecTV: 707, 707 HD
TV: FOX
Sirius: 85, 135

[video - click to view]

[video - click to view]

Who you got down to win ? Me..Detroit

535 comments for "OFFICIAL Detroit Lions Vs Tennessee Titans Week 3 Thread"

09-18-2012, 04:55 PM         #2
s7venwords  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

[pic - click to view]

Tennessee Titans head coach Mike Munchak is urging patience after his team's 0-2 start. / Christopher Hanewinckel/U.S. PRESSWIRE

By Teresa M. Walker
Associated Press
September 18, 2012

NASHVILLE, Tenn. — Disappointed. Upset. Frustrated. Embarrassed. Gloomy.

The Tennessee Titans are wallowing in their emotions after an ugly and inept start to the season that has them winless after two games.

They knew the opening month would be tough, having to face Tom Brady and Phillip Rivers — with Matthew Stafford and Matt Schaub looming. Just not this tough.

The Titans host the Lions on Sunday.

The Titans have been dominated by a combined score of 72-23 following a 38-10 bashing at San Diego Sunday. They can’t run, throw or get off the field on defense and already are at the bottom of several statistical categories just two weeks into the season.

Coach Mike Munchak is preaching patience, pointing to a couple plays here or there where Tennessee could have swung games. As far as personnel changes, the second-year head coach said Monday his best players already are on the field.

“When you’re not winning when you’re 0-2, you’re always going to look at everything,” Munchak said Monday. “Everything always seems worse than it really is. It’s not as hard to fix things as you may think.”

The good news for Tennessee is that there’s almost nowhere else to go but up.

A running game that was next to last in the league last season now has dropped that last spot to No. 32 overall, and Chris Johnson is been outrushed by his own quarterback in each of the first two games. Johnson has just 21 yards on 19 carries so far, while Jake Locker at least has run for 32 yards on four rushes.

The Titans are 31st averaging a measly 248 yards per game and last in both points and first downs per game.

Locker played poorly in his first road start at San Diego with his first pass intercepted as he heaved the ball off his back foot under pressure. He threw a short pass to Johnson’s feet on another time and wound up 15-of-30 for 174 yards. The Titans wound up converting only 1 of 9 third downs and held the ball only 16 minutes, 21 seconds.

Munchak refuses to second-guess the decision to turn the offense over to the eighth pick overall in 2011.

“If we didn’t think he could help us win these two games, he wouldn’t have started so I’ll just leave it at that. I she making mistakes because he’s a rookie or first-year starter? I don’t’ know. I she throwing a bad ball because it’s the first time he’s played on the road? I don’t buy into any of that stuff.”

Tight end Jared Cook said they have every confidence in Locker as their quarterback and their biggest issues have been not getting enough yardage on first and second downs.

“We know we can get better,” Cook said. “We know we’re a better team.”

With the offense spending so little time with the ball in their hands, the Chargers needed to make only 28 tackles as a team. The Titans had to make 90 and spending more than 43 minutes on the field wore out a defense that sacked Philip Rivers four times and intercepted him once for the few highlights Munchak pointed out during Monday’s team meeting.

Still, the Titans are allowing 36 points a game, more than all but two other NFL teams. No team allows more first downs per game.

Munchak said just one win would help tremendously. It won’t be easy because the struggling Titans host Detroit on Sunday before visiting Houston and Minnesota. They won’t be home again after this game until Oct. 11 when they host Pittsburgh.

The Titans were without defensive captain and middle linebacker Colin McCarthy in San Diego, and he still had a walking boot on his right foot during the game. They also are using a new safety combination with Michael Griffin playing close to the line at strong safety while Robert Johnson has gotten the first two starts of his career at free the bulk of his career.

Munchak isn’t changing that combination, even though Jordan Babineaux led the team in tackles playing strong safety last season.

“We’re starting off not playing the thought we would so does that mean we panic? No definitely not,” Munchak said. “We have too much work ahead of us. There’s too much football to be played yet.”

5 years ago '12        #3
AceBoogie 45 heat pts45
space
space
$6,201 | Props total: 59 59
Megaton
 5 years ago '10        #4
Matrix 52 heat pts52
space
space
$9,508 | Props total: 48 48
After the loss to the 9ers, we need this W
 09-18-2012, 05:29 PM         #5
s7venwords  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Matrix said:
After the loss to the 9ers, we need this W
Most definitely, Stafford has to buckle down and make decisive choice's when in the red zone. Our d-line has to prove what that one SF coach said about us being overrated and our secondary needs to at least try to tackle harder as they lack the motivation to go after the ball carrier and Delmas is sorely missed.
 5 years ago '05        #6
Danger Zone 58 heat pts58
space
space
$34,158 | Props total: 18416 18416
Megatron liable to put up 200 yards against our D
 5 years ago '10        #7
beigebabie 3 heat pts
space
space
$1,178 | Props total: 3 3
Damn we starting threads early. As long as its one of my Lions n*ggas I'm cool doe! Let's get this bounce back dub! 1 week at a time!
 09-20-2012, 08:08 PM         #8
s7venwords  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

[pic - click to view]

Detroit Lions wide receiver Calvin Johnson catches a ball during practice in Allen Park on June 14, 2012. / AP

11:30 AM, September 20, 2012
By Dave Birkett
Detroit Free Press Sports Writer

Detroit Lions receiver Calvin Johnson was back at practice today, after sitting out Wednesday with a sore foot.

Johnson has missed Wednesday practices with lower-leg injuries each of the last two weeks, but he hasn't been limited in games and will play Sunday against the Tennessee Titans.

Tight end Tony Scheffler's status for Sunday is in question after missing his second straight day with a calf injury.

Defensive tackle Corey Williams (knee), safety Louis Delmas (knee) and linebacker Travis Lewis (quad) also sat out today, while cornerbacks Bill Bentley and Chris Houston practiced for the second straight day.

Bentley and Houston are expected to start Sunday.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 5 years ago '09        #9
circleofpurple 58 heat pts58
space
space
$7,909 | Props total: 14026 14026
Lions got this one. I'm excited to see mike Martin out there for the titans though.
 09-21-2012, 10:46 AM         #10
s7venwords  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 circleofpurple said:
Lions got this one. I'm excited to see mike Martin out there for the titans though.
I really want to see Leshore step it up in his debut of the season and the secondary has to step it up by 100% and start making tackles that actually bring down the runner.

5 years ago '04        #11
BrBHZ 8 heat pts
space
space
$16,232 | Props total: 3013 3013
I need a damn time machine...fast forward to next season.
 09-22-2012, 05:18 AM         #12
s7venwords  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 5 years ago '05        #13
airmcnair06 18 heat pts18
space
space
$6,001 | Props total: 0 0
damn Titans fans have no confidence whatsoever

lions need this W though. gotta bounce back....and Matt Stafford...make better decisions n*gga damn! :ohhellnonas:
 5 years ago '09        #14
circleofpurple 58 heat pts58
space
space
$7,909 | Props total: 14026 14026
Can finally get this gay a.ss avatar the fu*k outta here tomorrow
 5 years ago '04        #15
killadre 229 heat pts229
space
space
$20,470 | Props total: 16285 16285
Lions by infinite.

Stafflord throws for just short of infinite yards
 09-22-2012, 07:09 PM         #16
backMJPIP2333  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Pettigrew will have a career day tomorrow

At least 3tds
 09-23-2012, 06:53 AM         #17
s7venwords  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 09-23-2012, 07:43 AM         #18
s7venwords  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
By Carlos Monarrez
Detroit Free Press Sports Writer
September 23, 2012

If Calvin Johnson wasn't the best receiver in the NFL, he might be going crazy over his frustration and engaging in strange behavior like head-butting opponents or sulking alone on the bench.

Heck, it almost would be hard to blame him if he did. Every Sunday, Johnson faces more coverage than a political faux pas caught on video. Essentially, teams give Johnson double- to triple-coverage to take away long pass plays.

"It was tough," he said of Sunday's game at San Francisco. "One thing I do now is I try not to get frustrated out there. You know teams are going to do things to take you away. You've just got to play within the scheme and do what you've got to do."

The Lions have been outmaneuvering defenses by constantly moving Johnson around the line of scrimmage like a chess piece on roller skates.

"Over the last few years, he's worked hard to combat things like that," coach Jim Schwartz said. "He'd never line up in the slot. I'm going back four years, but he never lined up in the slot. Now he lines up in the slot. (His) lineup is number three in a three-receiver side.

"Motions, all those different things. He's in command of everything that we do offensively. He's not just an outside receiver. He makes a lot of plays on the inside part of the field."

Johnson smiled last week when he spoke about a potentially vulnerable Tennessee defense.

"We're hoping if they play what we've been seeing on film, that'd be fantastic for us," he said, "because we can move the ball up and down the field, we feel."

Then, the smile was gone and replaced by an almost wistful tone from a man resigned to seeing more of the same.

"But we'll see if they want to go off the pass-game plans from the teams we have played," he said. "It's kind of a copycat league. So we'll see what happens Sunday."

5 years ago '04        #19
torious 67 heat pts67
space
space
$81,992 | Props total: 11790 11790
 circleofpurple said:
Can finally get this gay a.ss avatar the fu*k outta here tomorrow
 5 years ago '04        #20
torious 67 heat pts67
space
space
$81,992 | Props total: 11790 11790
We need to minimize our mistakes this game and we should be straight. Can't get off to a slow start or with our luck will probably start torching us and have his first breakout game. Excited to see what Leshoure can bring to the team
Home      

most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
137 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
100 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside X-MEN return to Marvel Studios in less than 48 hours
87 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
NBA Kelly Oubre with the supreme sleeve in a game
75 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside WTF is Rick & Morty?
115 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
69 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Joyner Lucas responds back to criticisms of “I’m not racist”
103 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Floor Kids (Game looks dope)
15 comments
1 day ago