Rae Carruth’s son and an incredible story of forgiveness

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Nobody pulling out of Jesenia Echeverria :noahohno:
41 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
57 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden at age 26 vs Quavious Marshall at age 26
176 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Drake Says He's With The GOAT
118 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 09-15-2012, 09:39 AM         #1
9011 pageviews
76 comments

SteelCurtain43 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Rae Carruth’s son and an incredible story of forgiveness

[pic - click to view]

http://profootballtalk.nb .. f-forgiveness/

At age 12, Chancellor Lee Adams can barely speak, is mostly confined to a wheelchair and can’t feed himself. He’ll always be severely disabled because before he was born his father, then-Panthers receiver Rae Carruth, hired two people to murder the unborn Chancellor and his mother, Cherica Adams, so that Carruth wouldn’t have to pay child support.

It’s a horrifying story, except that as the story is told in this week’s Sports Illustrated, it’s actually a touching story about the loving way Chancellor has been raised by his grandmother, and the forgiveness that Chancellor’s grandmother has shown toward Carruth, who is in prison for conspiracy to commit murder and is expected to be released in about six years.

The full Sports Illustrated story isn’t online, but its author, Thomas Lake, writes in a piece at SI.com that Chancellor, despite his severe disabilities, is an astonishingly happy boy who has been well cared for by his grandmother, Saundra Adams.

“He is the happiest person I’ve ever met,” Lake writes. “There’s a light inside him that I’ve never seen anywhere else. I’ve talked to several other people about his effect on me, and they say it happened to them too. Wherever he goes — to church, to physical therapy, to the Special Olympics — he makes people feel better by his mere presence. When he looks into your eyes and says hello, the whole thing feels almost spiritual. And then, of course, you have to ask yourself: If a kid like this can be so happy, what right do I have to complain?”

Saundra thought her days of raising babies were over, and she certainly never thought she’d be feeding and changing a severely disabled boy for years, but instead of seeing Chancellor as a burden, she has seen him as a blessing. Instead of being angry that Carruth murdered her daughter in an attempt to ensure Chancellor would never be born, she says she is genuinely grateful for Carruth, because without Carruth there would be no Chancellor.

“I’m not gonna have anything negative to say about him,” Saundra says of Carruth. “I thank him for my grandson. I thank him for my grandson. . . . Like I say, you can focus on what you’ve lost or what you have left. So I didn’t lose. I have my grandson. I have my daughter with me in my heart, always.”

Chancellor’s grandma doesn’t want to burden him with hatred of his father, so she avoids explaining to him exactly what caused his disabilities, and why he has never had a mother.

“Well, he knows that Mommy was k!lled, and that Daddy did, you know, Daddy did a baaad thing. And he’s in jail right now paying for the bad thing that he did. And we just say that he, you know, he made a mistake,” Saundra says.

Despite Saundra’s forgiveness, it’s hard to read the story and not conclude that Carruth is a despicable human being. In fact, before he arranged for the k!lling of Cherica Adams, Carruth had another son he was refusing to support, and the Sports Illustrated story reveals that when the mother of that son came to Carruth with an offer to cut the support he had been ordered to pay in half if he would agree to do things like call their son on his birthday, Carruth replied that she shouldn’t be surprised if she got into a fatal car accident.

For Chancellor to be born to a father like Rae Carruth, with a mother who died shortly after his birth, and with disabilities that would make it impossible to live a normal life, and for Chancellor to still be described by the writer who chronicled his life as “the happiest person I’ve ever met,” is truly remarkable. It’s amazing that Thomas Lake set out to tell the story of the Rae Carruth case and found a story with a happy ending.

76 comments for "Rae Carruth’s son and an incredible story of forgiveness"

09-15-2012, 09:41 AM         #2
SteelCurtain43  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
For those of you who don't know the story:

5 years ago '04        #3
ghettofied 341 heat pts341
space
space
$21,861 | Props total: 8186 8186
Us Panther's fans know the story. fu*k Rae Carruth. This dude was a complete fu*k tard. I was hoping to God that kid would become an awesome person. Sure enough, he did. Good for him still fu*k Rae Carruth.
 5 years ago '05        #4
b_eazy 61 heat pts61
space
space
$17,665 | Props total: 2312 2312
fu*k I cant even watch the rest of that video

Rae carruth one of the biggest piece of sh*t former athlete ever known.
 5 years ago '04        #5
ghettofied 341 heat pts341
space
space
$21,861 | Props total: 8186 8186
 b_eazy said:
fu*k I cant even watch the rest of that video

Rae carruth is the biggest piece of sh*t former athlete ever known.
*fixed
 09-15-2012, 10:14 AM         #6
SteelCurtain43  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ghettofied said:
Us Panther's fans know the story. fu*k Rae Carruth. This dude was a complete fu*k tard. I was hoping to God that kid would become an awesome person. Sure enough, he did. Good for him still fu*k Rae Carruth.
sh*t was fu*ked up on so many levels...and that n*gga still tryin to lie about it. I know Grandma is trying to be nice and stay spiritual but until this clown can be 100 about the situation he shouldn't be allowed anywhere near that little boy (not that he should anyway but that's a different story for a different day).
 5 years ago '09        #7
2nd2none 
space
space
$4,104 | Props total: 1123 1123
 illmatic826 said:
In comes devils advocate....

The fact that... men have no control over the choice to keep the child or not creates situations like these. unfortunately this is not the 1st or last story like this. All of these situations stem from the fact that the Men don't want children and the independent hard working woman ( being the victim here of course) is headed to the courthouse to file for child support if he does n't agree to be apart of this childs life.

The prob here is....

in this america of equality.

Men are expected to be responsible for a decision they have no control over.

Imagine if I drove you to work for a month straight.

Then you said "wow this is a nice car"

Next month you find out that your name is now on the lease and you have to help me pay for it.

how would you feel?

whatever the logical solution is, i'm sure its not hiring people to murder the pregnant mother
 5 years ago '09        #8
That Guy Fly 21 heat pts21
space
space
$66,404 | Props total: 12338 12338
 illmatic826 said:

The fact that... men have no control over the choice to keep the child or not creates situations like these. unfortunately this is not the 1st or last story like this. All of these situations stem from the fact that the Men don't want children and the independent hard working woman ( being the victim here of course) is headed to the courthouse to file for child support if he does n't agree to be apart of this childs life.

The prob here is....

Next month you find out that your name is now on the lease and you have to help me pay for it.

how would you feel?
Men have a choice. Dont fu*k her or wear condoms. Either way the situation could have been avoided. It's just like everything else in life and has it's consequences. So, if you choose to take part that means you are willing to accept all consequences that come with that action.
 5 years ago '09        #9
That Guy Fly 21 heat pts21
space
space
$66,404 | Props total: 12338 12338
I remember watching his trial and wondering if maybe he was innocent and Watkins was lying because he realized he had k!lled the woman thinking he was shooting at Carruth in the car and didnt want the heat a.ssociated with k!lling her. Then I always went back to if he didn't do it why run?
 5 years ago '05        #10
44Caliber 18 heat pts18
space
space
$4,576 | Props total: 22 22
 illmatic826 said:

The prob here is....

how would you feel?

What n*gga?

If you dont want to get that somebody pregnant then strap up, simple as that. It isnt a tough situation just strap up.

That analogy is horrible also, there is no justification no trying to k!ll a woman because you do not want to pay child support. Plus he was making good money in the league.
 5 years ago '11        #11
pbballin 20 heat pts20
space
space
$9,920 | Props total: 1647 1647
was just talking about this dude, with my boy like week. this dumb a.ss n*gga
 5 years ago '11        #12
superdrunken 7 heat pts
space
space
space
$6,849 | Props total: 82 82
how did this dude not get shanked in prison yet lol
 5 years ago '10        #13
#JewLife 111 heat pts111
space
space
$17,764 | Props total: 7325 7325
what an amazing grandmother ...
 5 years ago '07        #14
FeedTheBeast 22 heat pts22
space
space
$13,314 | Props total: 8562 8562
n*gga are you serious??? If you get a girl pregnant it's your fault. One nut could cost you for a lifetime but naw n*ggas just live in the moment then blame everyone else. Fukk Rae Carruth and fukk them pus*y a.ss n*ggas in that prison for not raping him into a coma.
 5 years ago '07        #15
r.burgundy 16 heat pts16
space
space
$39,829 | Props total: 4803 4803
beautiful girl.such a shame some tha people that get to become fathers
 5 years ago '09        #16
dadon85 135 heat pts135
space
space
space
$30,168 | Props total: 13374 13374
 illmatic826 said:

The prob here is....

how would you feel?
Dudes can't control what they penetrate

Compared keeping a car to keeping a child.

So I guess dude should blow up the car with you in it

Last edited by dadon85; 09-15-2012 at 01:14 PM..
 5 years ago '05        #17
Majestic_GMMB 1 heat pts
space
space
$8,204 | Props total: 171 171
 illmatic826 said:

The prob here is....

how would you feel?
I understand where you coming from....

Although he was a millionaire and wouldn't be worried about sh*t...

But I do understand...Women have ALL the power...If they want to get rid of the child its okay...but if you want to get rid of a child and she wants to keep it...you can't do nothing about it...but he should've been a man and just paid that loot...You never try to murder your seed
 5 years ago '09        #18
dadon85 135 heat pts135
space
space
space
$30,168 | Props total: 13374 13374
 Majestic_GMMB said:
I understand where you coming from....

Although he was a millionaire and wouldn't be worried about sh*t...

But I do understand...Women have ALL the power...If they want to get rid of the child its okay...but if you want to get rid of a child and she wants to keep it...you can't do nothing about it...but he should've been a man and just paid that loot...You never try to murder your seed
Don't get them pregnant only impregnate the woman you love and want to have kids with
 09-15-2012, 01:44 PM         #19
upandcumingband  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
yea i member this dude sad story
 09-15-2012, 02:31 PM         #20
SteelCurtain43  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 illmatic826 said:

The prob here is....

how would you feel?

[pic - click to view]

This is quite possibly the dumbest fu*king thing I have ever read on the internet...and that is saying a lot.
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
258 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside dannielledai
33 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Boskoe 100 tells Trippie Redd,"You Can't Ban No One From L.A. If you fr..
75 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside fu-k YOU BUNGIE........
25 comments
19 hours ago
@games
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside My Local Newscaster Has The Biggest Damn Head That I've Ever Seen *Pause
94 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Every retarded thot think they a dime on IG
29 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Boxden member addressing PORC & trolling accusations
46 comments
19 hours ago