D.L. Hughley Calls Lupe Fiasco “Dumb” For Not Voting

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Fan Draws life like Picture Of Joe Budden
31 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Chick Rants About Only Liking Hood Guys! "I Love When I see A N*gga Glo..
102 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Jeezy dissed Ralo on "Respect" , i told Ralo and its about to go down.
232 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Big Baller Brand Shoe Review
55 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 09-16-2012, 08:59 AM         #81
freakbucket  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I'll disregard DL's opinion and go straight to Lupe.

Not voting for Obama doesn't bother me, but not voting us does, and here is why:

1. I do believe that in it's basic form, voting holds power.
2. I believe that power is diluted with every form of government or locality that you go up, ie: Your city, county, and state votes matter more than the president's race. Your local judges, city council, etc...
3. Voting for specific laws, or the ability to some form of government to even have a vote for the law, can be extremely important.

As a black person, knowing the struggles that black went through to even be able to learn to read and write, vote, etc... some things just matter to me.

On the flip side, if you live in a certain state, you almost always know if your state is mostly democratic or republican (by those who vote). You can live in NY and not vote, 500,000 people could not vote, and NY is going to easily be democrat in terms of the electoral college.

The problem I have with independents/democrats that don't vote is that it seems like ALL republicans vote. They rather have ANYTHING or ANYONE but democrats in most cases. People that don't vote seem to only hurt democrats. It's never perfect, not only because the president can only go so far, then you have other bodies of government below the president to approve things. But what you want to really go after is the best of what you're offered. To me, the people we elect in the house and the senate matter far more.

Last edited by freakbucket; 09-16-2012 at 09:02 AM..
 5 years ago '05        #82
Dun Language 3971 heat pts3971
space
space
$75,922 | Props total: 30309 30309
Isn't it like 25 votes counts as one vote ?

aka your vote doesn't count it's just another way to drag n*ggas out of work for jury duty
 5 years ago '08        #83
Arson 84 heat pts84
space
space
$40,109 | Props total: 23334 23334
 Cantankerous said:
Edit: Wrong poster , @ Dman

edit: naw you too brainwashed n*gga knowughetto

Your vote doesn't matter ?

Prop 8

Eliminates Rights of Same-s3x Couples to Marry. Initiative Constitutional Amendment
Election results
Yes or no Votes Percentage
Yes 7,001,084 52.24%
No 6,401,482 47.76%
Valid votes 13,402,566 97.52%
Invalid or blank votes 340,611 2.48%
Total votes 13,743,177 100.00%
Voter turnout 79.42%
Electorate 17,304,428

Looks like nearly 14 Million votes matter , its idiots like you that allow for unconstitutional legislation getting passed. And complain like bi*ches , writing bullsh*t like that with no or very little foundation of truth.

You n*ggas sound stupid as fu*k, end story.
on a local/state level it matters but as far as voting for the president goes(which this thread is about) it means sh*t.
 5 years ago '04        #84
knowughetto 9 heat pts
space
space
$11,430 | Props total: 11 11
 Arson said:
on a local/state level it matters but as far as voting for the president goes(which this thread is about) it means sh*t.

this is exactly what I've been trying to tell him and he calls me a keyboard warrior, yet he's the one that's mad because I spoke the truth....
 5 years ago '08        #85
Arson 84 heat pts84
space
space
$40,109 | Props total: 23334 23334
If you really want to know how little the president matters, just go peep all the times your boy Obama got c*ck blocked by the republican's in the house
 5 years ago '05        #86
OG T Gutta N|M 9 heat pts
space
space
$6,739 | Props total: 1823 1823
 knowughetto said:
Funny how you call people keyboard warriors, but you took the time to get mad for no reason...Calm down bruh, just because I have my own opinion just like everyone else (especially the ones that agree with me and I agree with), and just because I don't agree with you, it ain't that serious to be this mad. Its the internet n*gga.

If you or anyone else wants to vote, then that's on you...it ain't that serious for you to get mad just because someone doesn't wanna vote. As long as YOU vote that's all that matters.

Answer these questions, give me a direct answer, don't avoid the question, or answer it with another question...

Were you saying this sh*t when the elections were rigged during the Al Gore/Bush campaigning? Where were you when John Kerry and Bush were running against each other? Were you saying all of this votes do count/matter sh*t before, does it just so happen that you're saying this sh*t because Obama's in office? And how am I screwing future generations because I don't wanna vote?

I just find it funny that you really believe that our votes count when the elections were rigged 12 years ago. That alone should tell you something right there, but I like how you avoided that...But yet I'm the one that's brainwashed...

Nobody is mad , you just have a dumb opinion , especially in contrast to facts. Nowhere did I say you should vote , my point is , voting matters. I wasn't able to vote during the Bush election , and even more , there isn't any substantial evidence outside of speculation that voting was rigged.

You still don't see your ignorance , you claim voting doesn't matter , like I said when I started "only bx idiots think the time to vote is for the president only"

Arson said:
Not necessarily , the president by large still has some impact , but what you also forget , controlling the who makes it into congress , and the senate. The president has his specific powers , hence a check and balance system.

You can pretty much speculate what a president will be able to carry out by examining who is in the congress and senate , hence party control being a big issue. Obamas' four years are a direct result of a lack of awareness , not saying I'm team Obama or attached to any president.

Candidates in every seat , count on the fact , only a certain demographic will vote in relation to them. This sh*t isn't a trickle down effect of bullsh*t , we're the foundation of it and not caring to vote , is a large part of it.
 5 years ago '04        #87
jplaydadon 9 heat pts
space
space
$4,917 | Props total: 634 634
why would you place your faith in a system that, esp for blacks, has never given you any sort of power to move your people out of your oppressed situation? esp in a national sense, when we are a minority? we have gotten nothing in the country from voting. MLK and civil rights, malcom X, abolitionist movements, the black panther party, and any other initiative started in this country to help us started with us standing together as people, not out-voting someone. besides, everyone in here postulating voting as if all things will go correctly and right if everyone votes. in a s3xist, racist, elitist, and consumer culture like our own, whether 10 million or 300 million people vote, if the culture around the people isnt changed, people are still gonna vote ignorantly and/or according to their own interests. thats the nature of democracy and as plato himself said, justice is dealt in the favor of the ruling party, which is what we have in our society. you cant reform the system through the system because you dont make the rules nor can you change them. i understand about the additional propositions and stuff that happens on a local level, but to be honest, if the communities just made demands with real consequences, esp when it comes to our children and education, we wouldnt have to rely on voting so much to influence what goes on because candidates would naturally be held more accountable to us. they wouldnt be able to just sell us dreams like obama with no substance and have us hoping and wishing. they have to make very real and tangible agreements to stay in office or else. for example, you will never see an anti-israel candidate in the US, no matter how wrong they are treating Palestinians. There are very powerful Jewish people in this country and they take care of their interests. which is something black people DONT do.

my problem is, when you put voting on a pedestal, you put politicians on a pedestal and give them the power to do what they want. as black people, if we have propositions that we know are wrong and harmful to our communities, we can vote on it if we want, but if the outcome is detrimental to us, we dont need to accept it just because it was voted on and keep placing our faith in systems and not ourselves. and that goes for anyone really. and then when you think about the record numbers of blacks being put in jail (as we make up 1/8th of the total WORLD prison population, and rising) and how our right to vote is being taken away unjustly because of excess privatization of prisons and the need to fill them up with cheap labor, combined with the lack of funds for our schools which are already brainwashing our kids with white supremacy curriculums and drugging our kids (which leads them TO the prisons), how on earth can we sit here and call people dumb for not voting when we see its not changing anything? thats beyond me.

and for you people in here talking about "my ancestors fought and died for this and blah blah (cause thats all it is)" youre full of sh*t in my opinion. what about our ancestors who fought and died bravely for their dignity during slavery? what about the haitians who fought and died for their freedoms against Napoleons army and won cause they didnt wanna be slaves? what about our political prisoners who fought and died and are still serving life in a dehumanizing prison for standing up for us. what about people like huey newton and fred hampton who died because they created programs and clinics and taught blacks discipline as well how to defend themselves and what rights they had by law and as human beings. what about what garvey did and represented? what about them? why cant we do those things people fought and died for instead of pandering to an unfair voting system? i know why, because going to vote and complain after (because you "have the right" given that you voted) is EASY and reflects the white supremacist brainwashing that has you thinking that pandering to white western systems of politics will save you. NO THEY WONT. whats going to save us is us. the sooner we realize that, the better

so all in all fu*k a dumb a.ss DL hughley. hes just another butt kissing a.ss n*gga who put on some glasses and jumped on to the political bandwagon during obamas first campaign. lupes sh*t aint all together, but he aint out callin people dumb either and at least hes consistent.
 09-16-2012, 12:16 PM         #88
Michael_Moore  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 knowughetto said:
Funny how you call people keyboard warriors, but you took the time to get mad for no reason...Calm down bruh, just because I have my own opinion just like everyone else (especially the ones that agree with me and I agree with), and just because I don't agree with you, it ain't that serious to be this mad. Its the internet n*gga.

If you or anyone else wants to vote, then that's on you...it ain't that serious for you to get mad just because someone doesn't wanna vote. As long as YOU vote that's all that matters.

Answer these questions, give me a direct answer, don't avoid the question, or answer it with another question...

Were you saying this sh*t when the elections were rigged during the Al Gore/Bush campaigning? Where were you when John Kerry and Bush were running against each other? Were you saying all of this votes do count/matter sh*t before, does it just so happen that you're saying this sh*t because Obama's in office? And how am I screwing future generations because I don't wanna vote?

I just find it funny that you really believe that our votes count when the elections were rigged 12 years ago. That alone should tell you something right there, but I like how you avoided that...But yet I'm the one that's brainwashed...

09-16-2012, 12:17 PM         #89
Michael_Moore  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Arson said:
 09-16-2012, 01:04 PM         #90
Ni2  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
its strange how political he is but wont vote. the election could be rigged. because even if it seems the election went against what people want, its easy to believe nobody voted.
 09-16-2012, 02:19 PM         #91
dlettern  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
In a sovereign nation, there is absolutely no reason to choose not to vote. It not only goes again common sense, but for us Black people its directly disrespecting our ancestors who have vehemently fought for our freedom.

You can't complain that the government isn't doing enough for you or your people yet purposely deny yourself a voice. Voters tell our politicians who to listen to. If the Black and Latino vote was stronger, their communities would be better taken care of. Sure, on a presidential level your individual vote may be worth less, but on a local level, voter turnout dictates strong constituencies that can affect a politician's future. It is in their best interest to play attention to you if you vote.

They arrest us and give our F's in our community to take our right to vote away from us. Its not a coincidence..Now we're gonna turn around and proactively take it away from ourselves? Man, sometimes I feel as if rappers have ceased to be the voice of our people and have degraded themselves to being the voice of the rich and White. Its disgusting
 5 years ago '04        #92
just2005 
space
space
space
$196 | Props total: 27 27
 Michael_Moore said:

just like he's been doing right?
Obamacare, is a way to help people who aren't rich. Most of poor communities go without health insurance at some point in their life. Can you say the same about rich people?
 5 years ago '04        #93
knowughetto 9 heat pts
space
space
 Cantankerous said:
Nobody is mad , you just have a dumb opinion , especially in contrast to facts. Nowhere did I say you should vote , my point is , voting matters. I wasn't able to vote during the Bush election , and even more , there isn't any substantial evidence outside of speculation that voting was rigged.

You still don't see your ignorance , you claim voting doesn't matter , like I said when I started "only bx idiots think the time to vote is for the president only"

Not necessarily , the president by large still has some impact , but what you also forget , controlling the who makes it into congress , and the senate. The president has his specific powers , hence a check and balance system.

You can pretty much speculate what a president will be able to carry out by examining who is in the congress and senate , hence party control being a big issue. Obamas' four years are a direct result of a lack of awareness , not saying I'm team Obama or attached to any president.

Candidates in every seat , count on the fact , only a certain demographic will vote in relation to them. This sh*t isn't a trickle down effect of bullsh*t , we're the foundation of it and not caring to vote , is a large part of it.
 Cantankerous said:
You and another , yes you are an idiot , thats the point of the what DL is saying , you n*ggas are dumb as fu*k. Of course those numbers mean nothing to you (the idiot) , others would say that represents california voters changing the society and judicial system , meaning their vote mattered , and in this case , basic social rights we're denied.

Its' the bi*ch n*ggas (you among others) who complain about government , but never have any alternative action behind them , for any progressive change. You n*ggas are keyboard warriors , mad cause they can't beat a system PURPOSELY made to keep an underclass down , and ultimately the reason why sh*t is fu*ked. Dumb n*ggas cause their own grief and government angst. How stupid can you be , screwing future generations out of mobility and in the process of doing yourself , and they laugh when you think its' a race , gender , culture bias.
This was the sh*t that came out of your mouth. Calling me a bi*ch n*gga, dumb n*gga, idiot, keyboard warrior, etc...but yet you're not mad?

Not ONCE did I start calling you names, but yet you're not mad...And like I said, its funny that there are others in here that said the same thing that I did, yet you single me out and apparently you aren't mad.....

And you're a.ssuming sh*t now....Since I'm the "idiot", where did I say that the only time we should vote is for the president, when I was clearly stating that voting for presidents don't mean sh*t cause they don't count and the only votes that count come from the Electoral College? But I'm ignorant though....

Yeah n*gga...

Last edited by knowughetto; 09-16-2012 at 04:23 PM..
 09-16-2012, 04:16 PM         #94
Jeezydasnowman  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
lupe the truth
 5 years ago '04        #95
knowughetto 9 heat pts
space
space
 tupacnasfan said:
Obamacare is still unconstitutional for good reason, i'm glad the states and the courts of those states are standing up against this bill.
There were people on the Democratic side that didn't even agree or accept that Obamacare bill...but yet the Obama stans will avoid that..So no one can give that excuse that its the Republicans or Congress' fault...
 09-16-2012, 08:44 PM         #96
Michael_Moore  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 just2005 said:
Obamacare, is a way to help people who aren't rich. Most of poor communities go without health insurance at some point in their life. Can you say the same about rich people?
you really still believe that?...you're trolling right?
 5 years ago '04        #97
knowughetto 9 heat pts
space
space
 jplaydadon said:
why would you place your faith in a system that, esp for blacks, has never given you any sort of power to move your people out of your oppressed situation? esp in a national sense, when we are a minority? we have gotten nothing in the country from voting. MLK and civil rights, malcom X, abolitionist movements, the black panther party, and any other initiative started in this country to help us started with us standing together as people, not out-voting someone. besides, everyone in here postulating voting as if all things will go correctly and right if everyone votes. in a s3xist, racist, elitist, and consumer culture like our own, whether 10 million or 300 million people vote, if the culture around the people isnt changed, people are still gonna vote ignorantly and/or according to their own interests. thats the nature of democracy and as plato himself said, justice is dealt in the favor of the ruling party, which is what we have in our society. you cant reform the system through the system because you dont make the rules nor can you change them. i understand about the additional propositions and stuff that happens on a local level, but to be honest, if the communities just made demands with real consequences, esp when it comes to our children and education, we wouldnt have to rely on voting so much to influence what goes on because candidates would naturally be held more accountable to us. they wouldnt be able to just sell us dreams like obama with no substance and have us hoping and wishing. they have to make very real and tangible agreements to stay in office or else. for example, you will never see an anti-israel candidate in the US, no matter how wrong they are treating Palestinians. There are very powerful Jewish people in this country and they take care of their interests. which is something black people DONT do.

my problem is, when you put voting on a pedestal, you put politicians on a pedestal and give them the power to do what they want. as black people, if we have propositions that we know are wrong and harmful to our communities, we can vote on it if we want, but if the outcome is detrimental to us, we dont need to accept it just because it was voted on and keep placing our faith in systems and not ourselves. and that goes for anyone really. and then when you think about the record numbers of blacks being put in jail (as we make up 1/8th of the total WORLD prison population, and rising) and how our right to vote is being taken away unjustly because of excess privatization of prisons and the need to fill them up with cheap labor, combined with the lack of funds for our schools which are already brainwashing our kids with white supremacy curriculums and drugging our kids (which leads them TO the prisons), how on earth can we sit here and call people dumb for not voting when we see its not changing anything? thats beyond me.

and for you people in here talking about "my ancestors fought and died for this and blah blah (cause thats all it is)" youre full of sh*t in my opinion. what about our ancestors who fought and died bravely for their dignity during slavery? what about the haitians who fought and died for their freedoms against Napoleons army and won cause they didnt wanna be slaves? what about our political prisoners who fought and died and are still serving life in a dehumanizing prison for standing up for us. what about people like huey newton and fred hampton who died because they created programs and clinics and taught blacks discipline as well how to defend themselves and what rights they had by law and as human beings. what about what garvey did and represented? what about them? why cant we do those things people fought and died for instead of pandering to an unfair voting system? i know why, because going to vote and complain after (because you "have the right" given that you voted) is EASY and reflects the white supremacist brainwashing that has you thinking that pandering to white western systems of politics will save you. NO THEY WONT. whats going to save us is us. the sooner we realize that, the better

so all in all fu*k a dumb a.ss DL hughley. hes just another butt kissing a.ss n*gga who put on some glasses and jumped on to the political bandwagon during obamas first campaign. lupes sh*t aint all together, but he aint out callin people dumb either and at least hes consistent.

Best post in this thread hands down...I've been saying this to people also, but apparently I'm an idiot...these are the same people that claim to be "open minded", but then bash people and start name calling just because that person doesn't agree with them...

People do put voting on a pedestal just as you stated....Thinking that their votes are really gonna change things...If a person does or doesn't wanna vote, that's on them, but they should realize that everything will still be the same or worse before and after they vote..People are being sold a dream and this image, and they just eat it up...Its supposed to be about us, the people...but apparently it was never about us...
 5 years ago '05        #98
Gm0ney85 9 heat pts
space
space
$13,727 | Props total: 2180 2180
all the young idiots in this thread will eventually realize how stupid they are for ignoring their right to vote when they get older...

even lupe and kendrick dumb a.ss...

most of yall just too lazy to 1) follow important politcal topics... 2) register to vote and do it..

i mean how easy is it to just register and then vote?

but nah.. yall want to use "my vote dont even count, all the presidents the same" arguments..

yall be losing the game before it even starts with that way of thinking..
 5 years ago '05        #99
Gm0ney85 9 heat pts
space
space
$13,727 | Props total: 2180 2180
 jplaydadon said:

good a.ss post..

but if n*ggas aint marcus garvey.. they could at least vote..

two wrongs dont make a right...

and you right bruh..voting is EASY.. n*ggas aint starting no big civil unrest... they might as well vote

...but you 100% correct, there should be more emphasis on the real problem tho.. which is the whole design of the system entirely.. but not voting doesnt help anything
but you gotta know the game.. in order to play it..
 5 years ago '07        #100
Playa 70 heat pts70
space
space
$22,836 | Props total: 195 195
I'll vote for a lesser of two evils if it comes down to that but I'll be sure to make myself heard in my community. I can't complain if I'm not vocal about what I beleive in and educating my people. I'm a f!ghter, B.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thread worthy Cute thick Latina
23 comments
24 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Five MORE women accuse Russell Simmons of sexual misconduct - bringing total t..
98 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside T1tty Meat from Nicki Minaj
45 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Houston Better Stop Playing With Me 😩
46 comments
24 hours ago