Tensions erupt at wake for slain teen rapper Lil Jojo

most viewed right now
 261
NFL Aaron Hernandez' widow reveals she is pregnant, 13 months after his death
63 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
 121
Image(s) inside "I Pay $900 a month in student loans"
85 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 110
Image(s) inside Fresh Prince Of Bel Air Mansion 2018
28 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
 107
Meek hurt Drake more than I thought..
139 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '04        #1
22461 pageviews
258 comments


jiggyfresh1 8 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$1,311 | Props total: 495 495
Tensions erupt at wake for slain teen rapper Lil Jojo
 

 
Tensions erupted late Friday morning at the wake of slain teen rapper Lil Jojo as hundreds of mourners, eager to take a last look, surged toward his casket, nearly knocking it to the floor and pushing family members out of the way, prompting Chicago police to clear the funeral home.

Lil Jojo’s mother and sister were led out of the viewing area hysterical, as other family members took to the microphone, yelling at other mourners to “Get the f--- out!”

Gang presence appeared to be heavy at the funeral home, with many mourners exchanging gang handshakes.

Chicago police swarmed the area, with about a dozen unmarked police cars circling the Jones Funeral Home at 79th and Kedzie and a police helicopter buzzing above.

The fracas began as the family of Lil Jojo — whose real name is Joseph Coleman — gathered in front of the casket of the teen to pay their respects before the casket was taken away for the funeral procession.

Mourners, some wearing RIP Jojo T-shirts, instead of waiting in line, surged to the front, nearly causing the casket to topple over.

JoJo was gunned down earlier this month after feuding with rival rappers as well as with the Black Disciple street gang for months. He was fatally shot near 69th and Princeton in the Englewood neighborhood.

Witnesses said Coleman, was riding double on a bike —standing on the back — when a car pulled up and someone fired six or seven shots, k!lling him.

The funeral procession eventually went to Mt. Hope Cemetery.

After the casket was lowered into the ground and mourners left, police from Chicago, Cook County and Merrionette Park converged on some cars outside the cemetery, searching occupants and vehicles.

Police closed down several blocks around 111th and Fairfield as they conducted their operation.

Authorities had received reports of shots being fired nearby and a man waiving a gun.

Police had several people lined up on the sidewalk and in handcuffs near a gas station at 111th and Talman, despite protests from their family members that they had done nothing wrong.






[pic - click to view]

 Tensions erupt at wake for slain teen rapper Lil Jojo - Chicago Sun-Times

258 comments for "Tensions erupt at wake for slain teen rapper Lil Jojo"

 09-14-2012, 01:03 PM         #2
Minister 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
chicago
 6 years ago '10        #3
SmoothTay 23 heat pts23
space
avatar space
space
$26,897 | Props total: 31926 31926
 6 years ago '12        #4
Dashawn38 112 heat pts112
space
avatar space
space
$4,104 | Props total: 510 510
 6 years ago '11        #5
Ralph Nautica 73 heat pts73
space
avatar space
space
$10,904 | Props total: 8322 8322
damn n*ggas almost knocked over the casket over smh

Lol and I thought my city was fu*ked up. Chicago on some other sh*t
 6 years ago '11        #6
BuckedCrazy 47 heat pts47
space
avatar space
space
$5,072 | Props total: 1550 1550
 Minister said:
chicago


[pic - click to view]



 09-14-2012, 01:13 PM         #7
Grog 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
chicago starting to make baltimore look like an upscale neighborhood
 6 years ago '11        #8
Ralph Nautica 73 heat pts73
space
avatar space
space
$10,904 | Props total: 8322 8322
 Grog said:
chicago starting to make baltimore look like an upscale neighborhood
Lol I'm saying tho. I mean we still a fu*ked up city, but got damn.
 6 years ago '07        #9
24/7foamz 
space
avatar space
space
$14,922 | Props total: 535 535
 jiggyfresh1 said:
Tensions erupted late Friday morning at the wake of slain teen rapper Lil Jojo as hundreds of mourners, eager to take a last look, surged toward his casket, nearly knocking it to the floor and pushing family members out of the way, prompting Chicago police to clear the funeral home.

Lil Jojo’s mother and sister were led out of the viewing area hysterical, as other family members took to the microphone, yelling at other mourners to “Get the f--- out!”

Gang presence appeared to be heavy at the funeral home, with many mourners exchanging gang handshakes.

Chicago police swarmed the area, with about a dozen unmarked police cars circling the Jones Funeral Home at 79th and Kedzie and a police helicopter buzzing above.

The fracas began as the family of Lil Jojo — whose real name is Joseph Coleman — gathered in front of the casket of the teen to pay their respects before the casket was taken away for the funeral procession.

Mourners, some wearing RIP Jojo T-shirts, instead of waiting in line, surged to the front, nearly causing the casket to topple over.

JoJo was gunned down earlier this month after feuding with rival rappers as well as with the Black Disciple street gang for months. He was fatally shot near 69th and Princeton in the Englewood neighborhood.

Witnesses said Coleman, was riding double on a bike —standing on the back — when a car pulled up and someone fired six or seven shots, k!lling him.

The funeral procession eventually went to Mt. Hope Cemetery.

After the casket was lowered into the ground and mourners left, police from Chicago, Cook County and Merrionette Park converged on some cars outside the cemetery, searching occupants and vehicles.

Police closed down several blocks around 111th and Fairfield as they conducted their operation.

Authorities had received reports of shots being fired nearby and a man waiving a gun.

Police had several people lined up on the sidewalk and in handcuffs near a gas station at 111th and Talman, despite protests from their family members that they had done nothing wrong.





 6 years ago '11        #10
XxHeAtMaKeRxX 30 heat pts30
space
avatar space
space
$4,846 | Props total: 294 294
where are the lames that applaud the life that these dudes live? cant even act civilized at a kids funeral in front of their family. no fu*king respect for the dead or the relatives who actually cared about this kid..

this sh*ts fu*king sad and pathetic..
 6 years ago '05        #11
44Caliber 18 heat pts18
space
avatar space
space
$4,576 | Props total: 22 22
Chicago and Detroit are prolly the only 2 cities crazier than BMore.

I am praying for that city, the crime rate there is ridiculous
 6 years ago '04        #12
CFran55 
space
avatar space
space
$732 | Props total: 64 64
i was just there blastin some chief keef, im glad i missed it
 6 years ago '12        #13
BangEm904 38 heat pts38
space
avatar space
space
$6,216 | Props total: 8237 8237
 44Caliber said:
Chicago and Detroit are prolly the only 2 cities crazier than BMore.

I am praying for that city, the crime rate there is ridiculous
new orleans....
 6 years ago '12        #14
44wade 296 heat pts296
space
space
space
$25,952 | Props total: 14112 14112
Heard dudes wearing 300 shirts shot a video outside
 6 years ago '05        #15
chrismb 634 heat pts634
space
avatar space
space
$20,464 | Props total: 41257 41257
people were in there with 3hunna shirts on as well.....

also n*ggas shot a rap video in the church parking lot at the funeral
 6 years ago '12        #16
CM Punk 112 heat pts112
space
avatar space
space
$7,369 | Props total: 1426 1426
moving to Chicago joining GBE.
 6 years ago '05        #17
chrismb 634 heat pts634
space
avatar space
space
$20,464 | Props total: 41257 41257
 CM Punk said:
moving to Chicago joining GBE.
you saw CM Punk tweet #300 ? lol
 6 years ago '08        #18
supervillain 244 heat pts244
space
avatar space
space
$13,157 | Props total: 8 8
 chrismb said:
people were in there with 3hunna shirts on as well.....

also n*ggas shot a rap video in the church parking lot at the funeral
pics or it didnt happen...
 6 years ago '04        #19
justinjones 310 heat pts310
space
avatar space
space
$50,663 | Props total: 9629 9629
any of y'all seen colors...for some reason thats the first thing that came to mind
 6 years ago '05        #20
murdamurda 33 heat pts33
space
space
space
$6,979 | Props total: 167 167
That was Fredo shooting the gun.
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 41
Video inside Jose Guapo out here down bad
54 comments
23 hours ago
@misc
most viewed right now
 41
Image(s) inside Damn! Tina Fey Is Getting Thick
68 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 39
Image(s) inside TAYLOR BANNER out here looking like something to eat! 🌱
73 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 18
Image(s) inside 🐰 Perfect Snowbunny.IMPOSSIBLE DECISION🐰
110 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 18
Article inside Jet Li battling thyroid condition. Does not look good
48 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
 13
May 21 - Dad takes late son's girlfriend to prom, one month after fatal crash
47 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
 12
NBA Richard Jefferson Spitting Game At Savannah James
45 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
 10
Video inside AR-AB - Rivals (Cassidy Diss) (Official Music Video)
115 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy