The iPhone 5 WON'T Be Able To Use Voice And Data Simultaneously On Certain Carriers

most viewed right now
NFL They Used A Piece Of Paper To Measure A First Down, Twitter Going Nuts
46 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Peewee Longway chain supposedly snatched in Macon, Georgia
36 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Israeli "lawyer" with a fatty :kobedatass:
57 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Terry Crews says “they” are watching him :iseeyou2:
84 comments
@wild'ish

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '05        #61
Kokujin Kotei|m 13 heat pts13
space
space
$11,525 | Props total: 1701 1701
<<<iphone owner

Honestly, at this point I feel like the ONLY way the iphone is going to truely evolve is if the iphone 5 fails HARD and MISERABLY.

In support of apple's evolution I will NOT be buying the iphone 5
 5 years ago '10        #62
SeattleLost 797 heat pts797
space
space
space
$64,608 | Props total: 8489 8489
never had the reason to go online and talk on the phone at the same time

*carries on*

*maybe buys iPhone 5 in spring*
 5 years ago '05        #63
mothu79 
space
space
space
$419 | Props total: 46 46
 Kadillac87 said:
CDMA doesn't support voice and data. That's the network. Yes, a manufacture can use an extra antenna to work around the inadequacies of the network, but it's still a network problem.
dont worry you can always use your iphone as a fishing camera

[video - click to view]

. Lmao
 5 years ago '04        #64
haterade2885 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,780 | Props total: 102 102
 deadwrong03 said:
iPhone 5 stay losing
i wasted an upgrade on it, then sold it to some dumbass. droid>
 5 years ago '04        #65
badboy600 15 heat pts15
space
space
$5,360 | Props total: 1590 1590
They had to save something for the 5s
 5 years ago '04        #66
RYLNYC|m 5 heat pts
space
space
$11,841 | Props total: 1133 1133
 mrfreak76 said:
It's not just that, some people like myself use for business and if you are waiting on a email to come through you will not be able to see it if you are on the phone

Also turn-by-turn does not work when you are on the phone either.

Verizon will fix this in a year though when they upgrade there network.
Turn-by-turn is a semi-valid point, but even the email/on-call example, how often does that happen to y'all? Maybe I'm in the wrong industry, I dunno.

When clients call me, I'm usually near my computer to check my mail if needed.

My whole point, really, was this: of ALL the flaws and non-improvements of the iPhone 5, this is one of the more moot flaws to point out in my opinion.

The only way I'm upgrading from my 4S to the 5, is if I get a free 64GB iPhone 5 from AT&T (which will happen in January).

There's absolutely not a single iPhone 5 feature that's worth upgrading to if you have a 4/S. How anyone is willingly paying full price for the 5 is beyond me. A damn shame.
 5 years ago '04        #67
PushaT5050 
space
space
$1,696 | Props total: 25 25
The technology for voice and data over CDMA network is available but it has not yet reached the standards of Apple so they choose not to force it. When it's right, it will be included like a ton of other features.

Get AT&T in the meantime. No biggie.
 5 years ago '04        #68
PushaT5050 
space
space
$1,696 | Props total: 25 25
 mothu79 said:
dont worry you can always use your iphone as a fishing camera . Lmao
Son... That video got me dying!!!!

He really mad tho...

But that sh*t funny as hell. LOL Bull just kept laughing. LOL
 5 years ago '04        #69
fat_boyy21 323 heat pts323
space
space
$9,573 | Props total: 2716 2716
 Kadillac87 said:
Are you guys really that stupid?

A South Korean telecom provider is launching what appears to be the world’s first commercially available Voice over LTE (VoLTE) service tomorrow. SK Telecom announced that its high-definition Voice over LTE technology will be embedded in the Samsung Galaxy S3 LTE and “most of” its future LTE smartphones.

4G LTE services are widely available on smartphones in the US and around the world, but the LTE speeds are reserved for data services. Voice calls still fall back to 3G or even 2G networks. “Nowhere in the world is Voice over LTE commercially available today,” Michael Marcus, an ex-FCC official who is now a wireless industry consultant, told Ars in an interview last week.

According to Infonetics Research, “the first VoLTE services [in the US are] launching in late 2012," with Verizon Wireless and Metro PCS planning a launch for this year while AT&T and Clearwire wait until 2013. Verizon may actually not launch Voice over LTE until 2013 too, though. In an interview with Network World, Verizon Network VP Hans Leutenegger was quoted as saying that Voice over LTE may not be deployed “until well into next year” because Verizon is satisfied with its current voice network.

[pic - click to view]

okay what's really the point of this article ... the vzw iphones could simply have another antenna but apple doesnt care for it's sheep ... the herd always follows
 5 years ago '04        #70
torious 67 heat pts67
space
space
$82,054 | Props total: 11864 11864
The sucks n*ggas that preordered this sh*t :
 5 years ago '11        #71
Kadillac87 225 heat pts225
space
space
$17,495 | Props total: 6666 6666
 fat_boyy21 said:
okay what's really the point of this article ... the vzw iphones could simply have another antenna but apple doesnt care for it's sheep ... the herd always follows
If you read the guy I quoted, you would know the point of this article. The guy said you can do voice and data over LTE. I was showing him how nobody supports voice over LTE in the US yet. It's not that hard to understand.
 5 years ago '04        #72
bomester 
space
space
$2,634 | Props total: 0 0
All the iphone hate is sooo hilarious. Too bad it'll sell more than any other phone on the market. Wish people would just keep it real...
 5 years ago '04        #73
Kalon 4 heat pts
space
space
$5,457 | Props total: 80 80
 RYLNYC said:
How important do you have to be to need this feature? Keep in mind I'm on AT&T so this feature is available for me, but I don't care about it nor do I ever use it.

Serious question: how often are you on the phone and you need to use the internet at the same time? Y'all let those AT&T commercials gas you up

There's absolutely nothing important enough on my web browser that if someone calls me, I have to simultaneously chat and continue browsing. To each their own I guess.
i talk to bi*ches via bluetooth and buy shoes on websites and look up other sh*t on my iphone....since 2007...
 09-14-2012, 10:49 PM         #74
youdug 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
iphone lost
 5 years ago '08        #75
RokkyRok 50 heat pts50
space
space
$6,674 | Props total: 397 397
 TheMindOf said:
These android kids are so annoying. You can tell they get no bi*ches.

Hand a bi*ch an iphone 5 to put their number in and hand one a Galaxy (whatever the fu*k phone that nobody cares about) and see the difference
This one.
 5 years ago '11        #76
NateRight 8 heat pts
space
space
$4,449 | Props total: 717 717
goddamn, it's not that serious. who gives a sh*t about what phone you have, it has nothing to do with how you look as a person
 5 years ago '05        #77
DipsetSoulja 6 heat pts
space
space
$5,184 | Props total: 3099 3099
 deadwrong03 said:
iPhone 5 stay losing
Check the stats my dude

Iphone is brings in more revenue than Microsoft as a whole company
 09-14-2012, 11:48 PM         #78
TheCool 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
So What.
 09-15-2012, 12:23 AM         #79
youdug 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 TheMindOf said:
These android kids are so annoying. You can tell they get no bi*ches.

Hand a bi*ch an iphone 5 to put their number in and hand one a Galaxy (whatever the fu*k phone that nobody cares about) and see the difference
you dumb as fu*k. a bi*ch aint puttin her hands on any of my devices. you can hand a bi*ch your iphone 5 all you want. when she watches you plug in your beats headphones into your iphone 5 and hop on the bus guarantee she doesnt pick the phone up when your broke a.ss is calling her on that sh*t phone.
 5 years ago '05        #80
white-chocolate 124 heat pts124
space
space
$15,502 | Props total: 1359 1359
 P-Hill said:
Samsung loves it's customers
is that why they use cheap plastic on their phones instead of metal

i will not however defend the iPhone5 especially at the price of $899 for how minimal they upgraded it from the 4S
Home      

most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
130 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
105 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Kevin Hart X-mad card
88 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
186 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
62 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
71 comments
24 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Matt Damon Is Sharing All His Bad Opinions on Sexual Misconduct
46 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Joe Budden coming out of retirement in 2018 over amigos beef? “Enough ..
103 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy