The iPhone 5 WON'T Be Able To Use Voice And Data Simultaneously On Certain Carriers

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
117 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Only 500 followers, catch her before she blow as a ig thot
28 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL Carson Wentz doesnt have a torn acl
43 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Article inside The 10 Worst Jay-Z Songs Of All Time
62 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '06        #41
sunsetnVine 21 heat pts21
space
space
space
$8,741 | Props total: 3675 3675
 P-Hill said:
Samsung loves it's customers
shhhyt my droid 4 does that... lmao @ apple fail again...
 5 years ago '04        #42
ShaneDawg 2 heat pts
space
space
space
$2,773 | Props total: 0 0
 Y.G. said:
If it was strictly a network issue then voice + data over 3G wouldn't work on the Galaxy S III on Sprint or Verizon.

ShaneDawg lost

iPhone 5 lost
damn u love iphone more than the people who actually use their products

who really lost
 5 years ago '05        #43
Y.G. 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$41,614 | Props total: 13672 13672
 ShaneDawg said:
damn u love iphone more than the people who actually use their products

who really lost
Seems like you've given up on your futile debate and accepted that the issue at hand is indeed a phone issue. Does my previous statement still hold true?

Y.G. said:
ShaneDawg lost

iPhone 5 lost
Yep.
 5 years ago '10        #44
Beach Bum 51 heat pts51
space
space
$5,873 | Props total: 17 17
 Kadillac87 said:
Are you guys really that stupid?

A South Korean telecom provider is launching what appears to be the world’s first commercially available Voice over LTE (VoLTE) service tomorrow. SK Telecom announced that its high-definition Voice over LTE technology will be embedded in the Samsung Galaxy S3 LTE and “most of” its future LTE smartphones.

4G LTE services are widely available on smartphones in the US and around the world, but the LTE speeds are reserved for data services. Voice calls still fall back to 3G or even 2G networks. “Nowhere in the world is Voice over LTE commercially available today,” Michael Marcus, an ex-FCC official who is now a wireless industry consultant, told Ars in an interview last week.

According to Infonetics Research, “the first VoLTE services [in the US are] launching in late 2012," with Verizon Wireless and Metro PCS planning a launch for this year while AT&T and Clearwire wait until 2013. Verizon may actually not launch Voice over LTE until 2013 too, though. In an interview with Network World, Verizon Network VP Hans Leutenegger was quoted as saying that Voice over LTE may not be deployed “until well into next year” because Verizon is satisfied with its current voice network.

[pic - click to view]

they are in a iphone thread(one of many) arguing why the next man wants an iphone instead of an android.....you really needed to ask this quesion?
 5 years ago '07        #45
mrfreak76 700 heat pts700
space
space
$7,144 | Props total: 1362 1362
Damn, I was told 2 weeks ago that I would be able to do voice a data on the LTE network. I was not aware that the phone had to support it.

I already signed up with Verizon and got the iPhone 5.

Note if you watch the keynote about the iPhone 5, they talk about a ultra wireless antenna for better call clarity and I think this is what they choose over adding the other antenna .
 5 years ago '05        #46
PhI|0z0pH3r 72 heat pts72
space
space
$15,376 | Props total: 3 3
Dam That backwards innovation
 5 years ago '11        #47
Kadillac87 225 heat pts225
space
space
$17,495 | Props total: 6665 6665
 mrfreak76 said:
Damn, I was told 2 weeks ago that I would be able to do voice a data on the LTE network. I was not aware that the phone had to support it.

I already signed up with Verizon and got the iPhone 5.

Note if you watch the keynote about the iPhone 5, they talk about a ultra wireless antenna for better call clarity and I think this is what they choose over adding the other antenna .
You will.

In about a year when Verizon switch over it's voice to LTE. Until then, you have to use voice and wifi
 5 years ago '05        #48
BronxBombers 195 heat pts195
space
space
$37,691 | Props total: 2419 2419
So ATT Won ?????
 5 years ago '04        #49
RYLNYC|m 5 heat pts
space
space
$11,841 | Props total: 1133 1133
How important do you have to be to need this feature? Keep in mind I'm on AT&T so this feature is available for me, but I don't care about it nor do I ever use it.

Serious question: how often are you on the phone and you need to use the internet at the same time? Y'all let those AT&T commercials gas you up

There's absolutely nothing important enough on my web browser that if someone calls me, I have to simultaneously chat and continue browsing. To each their own I guess.
 5 years ago '04        #50
babalou 
space
space
$12,433 | Props total: 17 17
 TheMindOf said:
These android kids are so annoying. You can tell they get no bi*ches.

Hand a bi*ch an iphone 5 to put their number in and hand one a Galaxy (whatever the fu*k phone that nobody cares about) and see the difference
word, sh*t is so smooth to slide a chick your iphone and she knows how to add her info after you pull up the address book
 5 years ago '10        #51
Nautilus O 18 heat pts18
space
space
$15,143 | Props total: 8103 8103
 TheMindOf said:
These android kids are so annoying. You can tell they get no bi*ches.

Hand a bi*ch an iphone 5 to put their number in and hand one a Galaxy (whatever the fu*k phone that nobody cares about) and see the difference
If a bi*ch reject you cause of the type of phone you got, she wasn't gonna giving you the right number anyway.

Or you dating 7th graders
 5 years ago '11        #52
86'd 118 heat pts118
space
space
$3,437 | Props total: 4990 4990
Major down side to the iPhone 5. It doesnt support SVDO, which allows simultaneus voice and data over a CDMA network. I wanted to cop this phone but this is damn near a deal breaker for me. sh*t, even the GS3, rezound and other phones already have this feature. You can actually talk and surf same time on 3G with the Rezound.
 5 years ago '04        #53
fat_boyy21 323 heat pts323
space
space
$9,567 | Props total: 2707 2707
 Kadillac87 said:
Did you not miss the fact of extra antennas. This makes up for the fact the network can't handle voice and data. One antenna uses one network for and the other antenna uses another network for voice. They're not using the same network for voice and data.

LTE is an advanced form of what we call gsm so it has the capability. maybe verizon doesnt have it set up but that's no excuse for apple to not include the extra antenna.
 5 years ago '07        #54
space
space
 Kadillac87 said:
You will.

In about a year when Verizon switch over it's voice to LTE. Until then, you have to use voice and wifi
Oh cool, that's good to know.
 5 years ago '11        #55
space
space
 fat_boyy21 said:
LTE is an advanced form of what we call gsm so it has the capability. maybe verizon doesnt have it set up but that's no excuse for apple to not include the extra antenna.
Verizon doesn't have it set up yet. Nobody in the US has it set up yet. They're using LTE for data. They're going to roll out voice LTE next year. iPhone doesn't have a 5 in screen. It doesn't have room to accomodate an extra antenna for technology that will be updated next year.

5 years ago '07        #56
space
space
 RYLNYC said:
How important do you have to be to need this feature? Keep in mind I'm on AT&T so this feature is available for me, but I don't care about it nor do I ever use it.

Serious question: how often are you on the phone and you need to use the internet at the same time? Y'all let those AT&T commercials gas you up

There's absolutely nothing important enough on my web browser that if someone calls me, I have to simultaneously chat and continue browsing. To each their own I guess.
It's not just that, some people like myself use for business and if you are waiting on a email to come through you will not be able to see it if you are on the phone

Also turn-by-turn does not work when you are on the phone either.

Verizon will fix this in a year though when they upgrade there network.
 5 years ago '04        #57
hockeythug 66 heat pts66
space
space
$19,303 | Props total: 846 846
cue the AT&T commercials again making fun of Verizon and Sprint
 5 years ago '06        #58
Yung Dilla 1478 heat pts1478
space
space
$54,853 | Props total: 25587 25587
Why can my galaxy nexus and any other lte phone on verizon use voice and data at the same time? is this a phone issue? Has to be right?
 5 years ago '11        #59
space
space
 Yung Dilla said:
Why can my galaxy nexus and any other lte phone on verizon use voice and data at the same time? is this a phone issue? Has to be right?
Read through the thread. You'll find your answer
 09-14-2012, 05:37 PM         #60
Cipherr 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Samsung HTC and everyone else who actually builds quality phones to handle this problem >>>>>>>>>>> Apple. Them n*ggas half a.ssed the fu*k out of this phone, and they still got n*ggas defending them.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
49 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside How Apple has won (and kept) my business
65 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Video inside He just burned the soul of a lazy teacher
102 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 'The Walking Dead' Fans Are Flipping Out That AMC Is Promoting Sunday'..
74 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
audio inside HOV IS Back!: Jay-Z - Motorsport Freestyle!!! FIREEEEEEE
131 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Air Jordan 11 "Win Like 96" finally releases after a long history of r..
62 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
I love things about her, but I still don't love her
74 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside ‘Star Wars: The Last Jedi’ Early Buzz: A Surprising, Funny and Jaw-Dr..
41 comments
1 day ago
@movies
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy