The iPhone 5 WON'T Be Able To Use Voice And Data Simultaneously On Certain Carriers

most viewed right now
 136
NFL They Used A Piece Of Paper To Measure A First Down, Twitter Going Nuts
31 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
 88
Image(s) inside Israeli "lawyer" with a fatty :kobedatass:
42 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 70
Terry Crews says “they” are watching him :iseeyou2:
68 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 65
Image(s) inside Peewee Longway chain supposedly snatched in Macon, Georgia
15 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '11        #21
Kadillac87 225 heat pts225
space
avatar space
space
$17,495 | Props total: 6666 6666
 Dylx said:
Has nothing to do with the network at all... On AT&T which uses gsm has extra channels to do voice and data separate but at the same time. Verizon and Sprint use CDMA which don't have the capability for voice and data at the same time. When Verizon rolled out LTE, and sprint WiMAX and now LTE it gave the option of doing voice over CDMA 1x and data over the 4g network. The tech is there for apple to do so has been for years now. The only fix for this is sprint and Verizon to roll out voice over LTE which may...or may not be compatible. That being said it's the phone not the network.

I'll still be getting the iPhone 5, I like the ecosystem a lot more. But the new lumina's are tempting, if Verizon gets it I dunno
LTE can't do it yet either. That's why Samsung added extra antennas. To make up for the network inability to do voice and data at the same time at the moment.

 5 years ago '05        #22
Y.G. 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$41,661 | Props total: 13776 13776
 Kadillac87 said:
LTE can't do it yet either. That's why Samsung added extra antennas. To make up for the network inability to do voice and data at the same time at the moment.

LTE and WiMax can do it. Not to mention the fact that the Galaxy S III can do it over 3G on CDMA networks. Why are you making up things? Has to be the worst case of denial I've seen on Boxden. Pathetic.
 5 years ago '11        #23
Kadillac87 225 heat pts225
space
avatar space
space
$17,495 | Props total: 6666 6666
 Y.G. said:
LTE and WiMax can do it. Not to mention the fact that the Galaxy S III can do it over 3G on CDMA networks. Why are you making up things? Has to be the worst case of denial I've seen on Boxden. Pathetic.
Did you not miss the fact of extra antennas. This makes up for the fact the network can't handle voice and data. One antenna uses one network for and the other antenna uses another network for voice. They're not using the same network for voice and data.

 5 years ago '11        #24
SugaHillRomello 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$858 | Props total: 0 0
 Kadillac87 said:
LTE can't do it yet either. That's why Samsung added extra antennas. To make up for the network inability to do voice and data at the same time at the moment.

Wrong. LTE is more than capable of voice and data simultaneously. An S3 and Razr Maxx can both do voice and data on Verizon when connected to 4G. Any 4g LTE phone can do this unless there's something else in the phone stopping it.
 5 years ago '05        #25
ReppinDaBurghh 55 heat pts55
space
avatar space
space
$53,470 | Props total: 7119 7119
ATT won
 5 years ago '04        #26
mr_underground|m 1967 heat pts1967
space
avatar space
space
$22,765 | Props total: 28472 28472
 Kadillac87 said:
CDMA doesn't support voice and data. That's the network. Yes, a manufacture can use an extra antenna to work around the inadequacies of the network, but it's still a network problem.
Wrong, its not a network problem if theirs a solution. Apple chose not to create a solution to the LIMITATION. Samsung DID. You can't say they didn't know about it.

The limitation of a stock Honda Accord doesn't mean you can added after market parts. If you want it faster, it can get faster.


Last edited by mr_underground; 09-13-2012 at 09:52 PM..
 5 years ago '11        #27
Kadillac87 225 heat pts225
space
avatar space
space
$17,495 | Props total: 6666 6666
 SugaHillRomello said:
Wrong. LTE is more than capable of voice and data simultaneously. An S3 and Razr Maxx can both do voice and data on Verizon when connected to 4G. Any 4g LTE phone can do this unless there's something else in the phone stopping it.
Are you guys really that stupid?


A South Korean telecom provider is launching what appears to be the world’s first commercially available Voice over LTE (VoLTE) service tomorrow. SK Telecom announced that its high-definition Voice over LTE technology will be embedded in the Samsung Galaxy S3 LTE and “most of” its future LTE smartphones.

4G LTE services are widely available on smartphones in the US and around the world, but the LTE speeds are reserved for data services. Voice calls still fall back to 3G or even 2G networks. “Nowhere in the world is Voice over LTE commercially available today,” Michael Marcus, an ex-FCC official who is now a wireless industry consultant, told Ars in an interview last week.

According to Infonetics Research, “the first VoLTE services [in the US are] launching in late 2012," with Verizon Wireless and Metro PCS planning a launch for this year while AT&T and Clearwire wait until 2013. Verizon may actually not launch Voice over LTE until 2013 too, though. In an interview with Network World, Verizon Network VP Hans Leutenegger was quoted as saying that Voice over LTE may not be deployed “until well into next year” because Verizon is satisfied with its current voice network.

[pic - click to view]




 5 years ago '04        #28
VictoryThagr8 6 heat pts
space
space
space
$11,348 | Props total: 2787 2787
 Kadillac87 said:
CDMA doesn't support voice and data. That's the network. Yes, a manufacture can use an extra antenna to work around the inadequacies of the network, but it's still a network problem.
If that is the case then how come my sprint HTC evo4g lte can use 3g data and call at the same time. Actually how come all of the sprint lte phone can do 3g and call at the same time.
 5 years ago '05        #29
Y.G. 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$41,661 | Props total: 13776 13776
 Kadillac87 said:
Did you not miss the fact of extra antennas. This makes up for the fact the network can't handle voice and data. One antenna uses one network for and the other antenna uses another network for voice. They're not using the same network for voice and data.

Still a phone issue.

Kadillac87 lost

iPhone 5 lost
 5 years ago '05        #30
Adamsville 131 heat pts131
space
avatar space
space
$12,435 | Props total: 591 591

[video - click to view]

 5 years ago '11        #31
Kadillac87 225 heat pts225
space
avatar space
space
$17,495 | Props total: 6666 6666
 VictoryThagr8 said:
If that is the case then how come my sprint HTC evo4g lte can use 3g data and call at the same time. Actually how come all of the sprint lte phone can do 3g and call at the same time.
Because it activates two separate antennas. That's why the battery life is horrible.
 5 years ago '05        #32
Adamsville 131 heat pts131
space
avatar space
space
$12,435 | Props total: 591 591
watching redtube while them Indian n*ggas got you on hold cuz ya router bullsh*tting again?


[pic - click to view]

 5 years ago '04        #33
VictoryThagr8 6 heat pts
space
space
space
$11,348 | Props total: 2787 2787
 Kadillac87 said:
Because it activates two separate antennas. That's why the battery life is horrible.
I'm sorry but I get all day battery life with my evo 4g lte which also have better battery life than the iPhone. they use a dual evdo antenna which voice go over svdo. Basically its phone and not the network. Add the fact that GSM also have data and voice in different antenna too.


Last edited by VictoryThagr8; 09-13-2012 at 10:15 PM..
 5 years ago '11        #34
Kadillac87 225 heat pts225
space
avatar space
space
$17,495 | Props total: 6666 6666
 VictoryThagr8 said:
I'm sorry but I get all day battery life with my evo 4g lte which also have better battery life than the iPhone. Also we don't have a separate antennas to do it. They do voice over svdo which is using the antenna. Basically its phone and not the network.
SVDO activates a separate receiver and transmitter so yes you do have a seperate antenna. Since it's power a separate receiver for voice and separate receiver for data, the battery drains while both are on.




 5 years ago '04        #35
ShaneDawg 2 heat pts
space
space
space
$2,773 | Props total: 0 0
 Y.G. said:
It actually does have to do with the phone. The S III can use voice and data simultaneously, on Sprint and Verizon, while connected to 3G or LTE.

iPhone 5
i didn't say anything about samsung/android in my post. i said it has to do with the network and this has been a known issue since the phone came out on verizon and sprint. the phone works fine on at&t (voice+data) which tells me its a network issue. i have at&t so i really don't give a fu*k
 5 years ago '04        #36
ShaneDawg 2 heat pts
space
space
space
$2,773 | Props total: 0 0
 genobee said:
The fact that it isnt fix isnt a problem?? I mean most Android phones don't have that problem, but I see getting the most out of your phone isnt important to you.
so we just make a.ssumptions now? i can do voice + data at the same time. i do it regularly. move along
 5 years ago '05        #37
Y.G. 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$41,661 | Props total: 13776 13776
 ShaneDawg said:
i didn't say anything about samsung/android in my post. i said it has to do with the network and this has been a known issue since the phone came out on verizon and sprint. the phone works fine on at&t (voice+data) which tells me its a network issue. i have at&t so i really don't give a fu*k
If it was strictly a network issue then voice + data over 3G wouldn't work on the Galaxy S III on Sprint or Verizon.

ShaneDawg lost

iPhone 5 lost
 5 years ago '07        #38
genobee 21 heat pts21 OP
space
avatar space
space
$2,488 | Props total: 395 395
 ShaneDawg said:
so we just make a.ssumptions now? i can do voice + data at the same time. i do it regularly. move along
?? Oh I didnt know u was talking about the att iPhone, seeing that the main focus of this thread is Verizon and Sprint iPhone.
 5 years ago '12        #39
eCity 420 21 heat pts21
space
avatar space
space
$9,263 | Props total: 840 840
Kaddilac87 stay losing give it up boy
 5 years ago '11        #40
Kadillac87 225 heat pts225
space
avatar space
space
$17,495 | Props total: 6666 6666
 eCity 420 said:
Kaddilac87 stay losing give it up boy




















[pic - click to view]

Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 45
Steph Kegels
129 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 35
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
104 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 23
Kevin Hart X-mad card
87 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
 17
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
60 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
 14
Image(s) inside Joe Budden coming out of retirement in 2018 over amigos beef? “Enough ..
103 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 12
When Popeyes runs out of chicken
91 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 10
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
181 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
 9
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
71 comments
22 hours ago
@wild'ish
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy