The 5 Stages Of iPhone 5 Grief

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
26 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
230 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NFL Carson Wentz doesnt have a torn acl
108 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden at age 26 vs Quavious Marshall at age 26
128 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
New replies show every 10 seconds
 5 years ago '06        #81
Malcolm 34 heat pts34
space
space
$6,129 | Props total: 1204 1204
 Kadillac87 said:
What is your argument other than generalizations and they started it first?

I haven't bought an iPhone since 2009. I still have my 3Gs. There goes your theory of buying the same device every year. Now get mad fanboy.

Already posted my argument. I'm not making generalizations. If you want to deny the fact that the vast majority of iPhone owners camp out EVERY YEAR FOR THE SAME PHONE then go right ahead. Just because you're in the minority that's either too broke or smart enough not to fall into that doesn't mean the rest are.

FrankAndBeans said:
We dont want to argue with you tho. Enjoy your phone, we'll enjoy ours. The iPhone 5 doesnt habe the best specs, agreed. Still, I prefer the iPhone 5, largely because of the design, resale value, reliability, and the apps I already own.
If that works for you then cool. I can't argue against resale value and reliability tho.
 5 years ago '06        #82
Malcolm 34 heat pts34
space
space
$6,129 | Props total: 1204 1204
 UcantCme said:
i used to work for best buy mobile you jackass. I have prob used more phones that you have seen. I know what i like and i have stuff to back that up. I dont see why its so hard for you to just get that not everyone wants an android like you do. Bet you still buy 300 dollar jordans just to have the best thing out huh?

fall back, and venture out of ya mammas basement every once in a while.
Lol. I'm not saying everyone has to want an Android. I'm saying for a fanboy to say the iPhone is better after Apple releases the same device repackaged every year is ridiculous and it really speaks to the intelligence of the average iPhone owner.

Also, I don't buy Jordans and don't believe in buying them either. Only the bred 13's and 14's are worth owning. Everything else that bald n*gga can keep.
 5 years ago '11        #83
Kadillac87 225 heat pts225
space
space
$17,495 | Props total: 6665 6665
 ima80baby said:
Already posted my argument. I'm not making generalizations. If you want to deny the fact that the vast majority of iPhone owners camp out EVERY YEAR FOR THE SAME PHONE then go right ahead. Just because you're in the minority that's either too broke or smart enough not to fall into that doesn't mean the rest are.

Where are you facts to back up your claim? Oh, you have none. Therefore, it's a generalization. What an idiot.
 5 years ago '10        #84
Beach Bum 51 heat pts51
space
space
$5,874 | Props total: 17 17
 ima80baby said:
Lol. I'm not saying everyone has to want an Android. I'm saying for a fanboy to say the iPhone is better after Apple releases the same device repackaged every year is ridiculous and it really speaks to the intelligence of the average iPhone owner.

Also, I don't buy Jordans and don't believe in buying them either. Only the bred 13's and 14's are worth owning. Everything else that bald n*gga can keep.
think about it tho bro.....

how many android devices are released each year? hell each month?

now how many iphones come out each year?

there is only one to choose from so why wouldnt people that love what they have not upgrade to the next one that is released?

alot of iphone users are business people that email, text, call, listen to music and occasionally browse the internet. They dont need all the flashy stuff android offers.

iphones are reliable and have the best resale value so people stick to what works for them.

Think of those that own a mac, ipad, apple tv and have an iphone 4. Why would they jump ship to an sIII if they werent dissappointed with the ip4? their phone is compatible with every electronic they own and it would be money wasted not to keep it that way.

people have diff reasons for what they use and buy. do you agree with it always? no. but no need to throw a bi*ch fit about it and act like it affects you any. if anything it makes what you have that much more exclusive.
 5 years ago '11        #85
Kadillac87 225 heat pts225
space
space
$17,495 | Props total: 6665 6665
For that Android fanboy making generalization. Now get mad.

Almost half (45 percent) of iPhone buyers recently polled by Consumer Intelligence Research Partners (CIRP) said they paid a penalty to cancel their contract just to pick up the iPhone 4S. Some switched carriers while others upgraded before their contract ended.

Among these iPhone buyers, 52 percent paid a penalty of $100 to $200, 28 percent paid a penalty of less than $100, and 20 percent shelled out more than $200. But the pain has been felt less by iPhone 4 users, who can typically resell their still-in-demand models for more than the cost of the cancellation fee, noted CIRP.

Among those who upgraded from earlier iPhones, 10 percent moved up from the original 2007 model, 48 percent jumped from the iPhone 3G and 3GS, and 42 percent from the iPhone 4.

Those who upgraded tended to choose the lower-priced 16GB iPhone 4S, while new buyers opted for the more high-end 32GB and 64GB flavors, according to the survey results. Overall, 71 percent of iPhone 4S buyers upgraded from a previous iPhone, while 29 percent were new to the iPhone world.

Among those who switched sides to buy an iPhone, 51 percent had owned an Android device, 42 percent came from a BlackBerry, and 7 percent jumped from a Palm device.

Retail stores took in 57 percent of iPhone sales, with online vendors scooping up 43 percent. CIRP found that Apple, through its retail outlets and Web site, had sold 25 percent of all iPhones.
And with 5,000 stores collectively, the three carriers--Verizon Wireless, AT&T, and Sprint--gobbled up 58 percent of all sales, while Best Buy accounted for 13 percent.

To compile its study, CIRP sent an online questionnaire to different social networks from October 31 to November 10. From the 4,631 people who responded, 504 had bought an iPhone on or after October 14 when the iPhone 4S launched and prices dropped for the iPhone 4 and 3GS.
iPhone sales have been stronger than expected this quarter thanks in part to the impact from all three U.S. carriers, according to J.P. Morgan analyst Mark Moskowitz. Verizon Wireless, AT&T, and Sprint have all expressed surprise over the strong demand for the iPhone 4S as well as the 4 and 3GS models, said the analyst.

But the reduced pricing on the iPhone 4 and 3GS is also triggering robust sales around the world, especially in China and other emerging markets.

Heavy demand for the entire iPhone family has prompted Moskowitz to raise his estimate on shipments for the fourth quarter. The analyst said he now expects Apple to ship 28 million iPhones for the final quarter of the year, up from his prior forecast of 25.3 million.

[pic - click to view]

Android users breaking their contract and paying a penalty just to get an iPhone. iPhone users selling their old iPhones and coming out even.

42% is not the vast majority. 58% of iPhones users upgrading from models two years or older.

Last edited by Kadillac87; 09-14-2012 at 04:05 PM..
 5 years ago '04        #86
ShaneDawg 2 heat pts
space
space
space
$2,773 | Props total: 0 0
 ima80baby said:
If you've only been watching for the past few months then you have no idea what this whole Android vs iPhone thing is about. What it really comes down to are iPhone owners and stans claims the iPhone is a better device than _________ with absolutely no proof, especially when the same fu*king iPhone keeps being released every year with the most minor of upgrades. How could there possibly be an inferiority complex amongst Android users when our phones are more powerful, innovative and overall better? For years in every Android vs iPhone thread, you get iPhone users with outdated devices trying to sh*t on very one else not realizing it doesn't work that way. iPhone users waited 4 years to get a flash on their camera. 4 years and the majority of those fools bought a new one every year. If that's not stupidity, I don't know what is. The only "want" of a typical iPhone owner is to fit in with the crowd. Why else would you spend money buying the same thing year after year.
you answered your own question. the inferiority complex doesn't come from the specs of the phone, it comes from the fact that android "fanboys" can't seem to sway the opinion of iphone users, and iphone users don't seem to care about this android fanboy specs/innovation talk. did you not read my original post carefully enough? i dont see why i have to keep repeating myself. i'm about to just take a break from this section all to together. i like discussing and keeping up on tech, but now you can't even like a certain product without people coming at your throat. this sh*t getting to politics and religion levels around here. the majority of my posts have gone from poking fun at things and joking around, to having to defend why i like (or will purchase) a product.

Last edited by ShaneDawg; 09-14-2012 at 04:11 PM..
 5 years ago '05        #87
CMar22 5 heat pts
space
space
$6,673 | Props total: 715 715
 wtr1906 said:
I had my EVO from June 2010 until the Galaxy III came out a few months ago so 2 years.....take better care of your phone
Almost everyone I know has an Android phone and they go through the same thing. Maybe you just got lucky or everyone else is just really unlucky. The EVO might just be a great phone.
 5 years ago '06        #88
BCB 15 heat pts15
space
space
$2,548 | Props total: 113 113
 ShaneDawg said:
this proves my point exactly. you're generalizing and grouping millions of iphone users into one category. maybe your personal experience with iphone users makes you think that way, but its incorrect. btw i wasn't talking about all android users, just a majority of the ones on this site. i personally know plenty of apple users who vary from tech geek to "idgaf about my phone" ... same goes with the android users i know. but me personally seeing the traits of phone users doesn't mean it accounts for all iphone/android users in the world. its easy to think that way though so i don't blame people who do
ok. my statement IS based off the people i come across, not the all. i just didn't go "i cant speak for apple too" so i prove nothin of yours, we just see eye to eye, only thru diff lenses. people..PEOPLE. are sheep, i will stand by that though. whether they are APPLE PEOPLE, DROID PEOPLE, BLACK PEOPLE, WHITE PEOPLE, there are PEOPLE out there, who are like "ill win w/ my co workers, if i get a iphone." "i can talk tech, with my class if i get a droid phone" ... gone
New replies show every 10 seconds
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Boskoe 100 tells Trippie Redd,"You Can't Ban No One From L.A. If you fr..
60 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside dannielledai
21 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Every retarded thot think they a dime on IG
19 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Azealia Banks Disses Remy Ma “You Are Not Important to Rap, Who Lied to You”
102 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Dec 9 - Scientists Create Vitamin A-Rich Fruit That Could Save Many Lives
48 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Sony drops the price of PSVR bundles by $100 for the holidays
33 comments
2 days ago
@games
most viewed right now
NBA Report: Rival executives believe Rockets are legitimate threat to sign LeB..
64 comments
18 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Migos clown Joe Budden to oblivion
167 comments
18 hours ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy