Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
37 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
63 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL NFL Network suspends Marshall Faulk, Heath Evans, Ike Taylor due to sexual..
217 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
155 comments
@wild'ish

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '05        #1
6934 pageviews
52 comments

blaznfor20 242 heat pts242
space
space
$2,471 | Props total: 51 51
Dent Repair Before and After

I have an 2007 Impala LTZ and yesterday I backed up into a pole with a metal beam out the center. I didnt even see fu-king thing, I was worried about not hitting a brand new BMW. Anyway, When I heard the crunch I pulled up and turned my car off. I almost fell the ground when I saw the huge Dent on drivers side bumper. I cracked my taillight as well, pieces of light on the ground.

[pic - click to view]

I knew it would cost a grip if I went to the auto body shop, so I started looking online on how to remove dents yourself and I seen a bunch of videos with people using a blow dryer and a heat gun to heat up the bumper plastic and mold it back into place.

[pic - click to view]

It was worth a shot, since Im broke and I just got the car in May. So My wife and I started the process. I first removed the Taillights (3 plastic srews inside the trunk) and unpluged them. Next, my wife took the heat gun and started heating up the bumper for about 1min.

[pic - click to view]

I then put my hand inside the bumper and began pushing the material outward with the heat gun still on the bumper. It got really hot so I had to put on a golf glove. After 15 minutes of pushing, the dent popped out. I took a cold rag and wiped the bumper so the material with harden.image

[pic - click to view]

It was a very easy process and it saved me $$$$$, fu-k a BodyShop. Looks better then it did:imageimageimage:

Last edited by blaznfor20; 09-11-2012 at 11:01 AM..

52 comments for "Dent Repair Before and After"

5 years ago '05        #2
blaznfor20 242 heat pts242 OP
space
space
 OchoLoco1818 said:
I work in a shop. This is exactly what we do before we start the body work (if the bumper is repairable) Ive done it plenty of times for free for repeat customers, or even just as a favour to people who are nice enough. A lot of people share your "fu*k a body shop" attitude and I don't blame any of you. A lot of shops will bullsh*t you and either charge you up the a.ss, or give a cheap price and do a sh*tty job. There are good ones though. Anyway good job brother, theres a lot people can do with just a little research.
Appreicate my man, I was happy I didnt have to spend a buck. It still has a little dent and mark from the pole, but you can barely tell.
 5 years ago '12        #3
SwizZy 74 heat pts74
space
space
$3,371 | Props total: 2226 2226
I gotta remember this for next time, tried to pop a dent out of my quarter panel in the cold without knowing I could use a heat gun and I got some small creases.

You think theres a way to get the crease out or is the damage already done?
 5 years ago '10        #4
duval88 3 heat pts
space
space
$5,472 | Props total: 397 397
good sh*t
 5 years ago '05        #5
blaznfor20 242 heat pts242 OP
space
space
Try the heat gun, Im glad I found this out to, doesnt hurt to try it. Where is the creases?
 5 years ago '06        #6
richardgil 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$831 | Props total: 87 87
Nice job man, looks like a very clean job.
 09-11-2012, 05:13 PM         #7
playamade56 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 OchoLoco1818 said:
I work in a shop. This is exactly what we do before we start the body work (if the bumper is repairable) Ive done it plenty of times for free for repeat customers, or even just as a favour to people who are nice enough. A lot of people share your "fu*k a body shop" attitude and I don't blame any of you. A lot of shops will bullsh*t you and either charge you up the a.ss, or give a cheap price and do a sh*tty job. There are good ones though. Anyway good job brother, theres a lot people can do with just a little research.
Realest shyt.. dude basically sh*tted on yo occupation and you completely understood and didn't get outta line.. u sir
 5 years ago '06        #8
bigmike5115 
space
space
space
$1,572 | Props total: 50 50
I need to get like 4 small dents out of my roof
 5 years ago '06        #9
Special Edd 167 heat pts167
space
space
$26,602 | Props total: 8800 8800
fire your the man
 09-11-2012, 06:00 PM         #10
tj.iscool 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i need a dent out of my car but i aint doing it my self
 5 years ago '05        #11
QualityRecords 8 heat pts
space
space
$15,106 | Props total: 1545 1545
I've got some hail damage on the hood of my wife's car, thinking about turning it in on insurance but is there anything I can do for that? They're really small dents.
 5 years ago '06        #12
bigmike5115 
space
space
space
$1,572 | Props total: 50 50
Roofs metal tho
 5 years ago '09        #13
cyle1234 
space
space
$64 | Props total: 0 0
 QualityRecords said:
I've got some hail damage on the hood of my wife's car, thinking about turning it in on insurance but is there anything I can do for that? They're really small dents.
Turn it in to insurance. You'll have to pay your comp. Deductible, probably 300. If you can see the dents with the nekkid eye. Once the hail techs put there lights on the vehicle there will be slot more. I'm an appraiser for a local shop. And we just had a recent hail storm here. The average price is between 2300 and 4700. Lots of customers don't even know there is damage unfilled they come by for a free estimate, also worth a shop to see if your local bodyshop or PDR (paintless dent repair) tech can work your deductible into the quote. :)
 5 years ago '11        #14
tall kan 2 
space
space
$15 | Props total: 1 1
Damn a heat gun, I seen a guy use his girls blow dryer
 5 years ago '09        #15
cyle1234 
space
space
$64 | Props total: 0 0
Probably more on the roof and trunk. Or even door moldings and roof drip mouldings
 5 years ago '07        #16
jack_napier 
space
space
$3,564 | Props total: 53 53
damn, might try this. I have a dent on the driver side of my car- been there for the longest. body shop was too expensive for me, good look on this.
 5 years ago '06        #17
C-MOB 
space
space
$353 | Props total: 10 10
good sh*t dude

a lil trick i learned is....say u bump up against the side of your garage or another car & u get a lil paint from either on your car.....put some alcohol on a microfiber towel and 9 times outta 10 the paint mark from the garage/other car will come off and be good as new....
 5 years ago '07        #18
Escobar97 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,661 | Props total: 563 563
 playamade56 said:
Realest shyt.. dude basically sh*tted on yo occupation and you completely understood and didn't get outta line.. u sir
Real recognize real, and both of u dudes is looking familiar.
Faith in humanity somewhat restored
 5 years ago '11        #19
Silencer 77 heat pts77
space
space
$3,669 | Props total: 3412 3412
Good sh*t and the best thing is the paint didnt chip or flake, if you can rub the pole markings out with some

[pic - click to view]

5 years ago '08        #20
Kewop Decam 79 heat pts79
space
space
space
$15,974 | Props total: 9740 9740
i dented my bumper like a month ago. I'm def trying this sh*t. so can I do it with a hair dryer or does that not get hot enough?
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sweet Colombian....Baddie... IDK nigga she got ass and she pretty. peep
77 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside Kodi addon site TVAddons to stop proactively checking for piracy
25 comments
2 days ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
296 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Time Traveler Came From 4127 To Get Away From Child Support
48 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Eminem's First Week numbers for every album ranked
50 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Sakura, Blanka, Flake, Cody, G , & Sagat DLC SF5
72 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
89 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
69 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy