Who is the Better Overall Scorer? (Top 5 SF's Currently Edition)

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
165 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NFL Things got out of control real quick during Sea/Jax game..player almost ju..
31 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden at age 26 vs Quavious Marshall at age 26
100 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Only 500 followers, catch her before she blow as a ig thot
46 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Better Scorer?
Melo 98 41.70%
KD 137 58.30%
Voters: 235. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '04        #101
SHOWTIME 
space
space
$4,273 | Props total: 10 10
better scorer? simple answer is the one who scores more points....

better offensive game? this is where subjective opinion about moves, different ways of scoring etc comes in to play... and melo has everyone except kobe here
 5 years ago '07        #102
INFAMOUS 13 heat pts13
space
space
space
$35,778 | Props total: 2740 2740
[email changed - confirm acct by email]
How do you n*ggas know how each other looks? Is there some sub forum I'm unaware of
 5 years ago '07        #103
joshdogg26 193 heat pts193
space
space
$34,373 | Props total: 13027 13027
 nbrock said:
Now this n*gga played in a joke era oh god how old are u fam
how the fu*k old are YOU? 70?

an 8 team expansion league with no CBA or measures to protect competitive parity
 5 years ago '07        #104
Escobar97 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,661 | Props total: 563 563
Yo, low key if Gay got a good feeding PG he could be in the discussion, im not saying he's the goat scorer but he would be in the convo, that boy is a threat from anywhere my dudes. Melo stan btw.
 5 years ago '09        #105
GREAT1NE 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,646 | Props total: 624 624
How is this a discussion? KD is only 23 and has 3 scoring titles, not to mention he shot 51% last year. Better scorer: YES, More efficient: YES. KD does all this while not being a black hole on offense, which leads to team success. So KD All-DAY
 5 years ago '05        #106
Soprano ATL 43 heat pts43
space
space
$9,331 | Props total: 206 206
 Kastanova said:
So what your saying is......

you would take Durant over Melo if you were a GM and they were both in the same draft class...hypothetically speaking?

Most definitely.
 5 years ago '09        #107
TriniSoldier 64 heat pts64
space
space
$48,928 | Props total: 22161 22161
 INF4MOUS said:
How do you n*ggas know how each other looks? Is there some sub forum I'm unaware of
Cause, certain individuals know that bi*ch n*gga all too well

Always acting like a sucker during nfl season

But he wanna act like a sucker when carmelo gets traded all year round now
 5 years ago '11        #108
mrbelvy 
space
space
$687 | Props total: 0 0
MELO when he Feels like it. Just Lazy n*gganess
 5 years ago '05        #109
AirForce318 
space
space
$12,401 | Props total: 674 674
they're equal... Melo is better on the block and KD is better at "circus shots"... Both have ice cold jumpers and can go for 50 on any given night... Melo's laziness is the only reason why this is being discussed... Y'all must didn't see the lightworks melo put on in the olympics coming off the bench... but i fu*ks with kd and melo...

Melo's work ethic at times is the only reason why this discussion is being had....

Last edited by AirForce318; 09-11-2012 at 10:10 PM..
 09-11-2012, 10:22 PM         #110
YoungRichROy 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
The comments in this thread is ridiculous... I feel like bumping this thread until everyone fully understands why Melo is a better scorer than Durant. Everyone who watches basketball knows that Melo DOES NOT get any superstar calls. He gets hacked and fouled all the time but gets no Lebron / Durant treatment. If he did he would get to the line the most in the league which would dramatically increase his PPG. Melo is the most clutch player in the league statistically over Kobe Lebron Durant etc. Put Melo in OKC style offense with a top 5 pg and defensive beast in Westbrook how could he not do the same thing Durant is doing. We cannot say Durant is a better spot up / catch and shoot player because Melo was never given an opportunity to be that type of player . Melo has the best midrange in the league...best pull up..best jab step..most efficient in his drives... most unstoppable when hot (except Kobe) ....you guys need to watch this man play and stoP listening to the media
 09-11-2012, 10:29 PM         #111
YoungRichROy 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 AirForce318 said:
they're equal... Melo is better on the block and KD is better at "circus shots"... Both have ice cold jumpers and can go for 50 on any given night... Melo's laziness is the only reason why this is being discussed... Y'all must didn't see the lightworks melo put on in the olympics coming off the bench... but i fu*ks with kd and melo...

Melo's work ethic at times is the only reason why this discussion is being had....
I wouldn't say Lazy....I would say uninspired ...Melos help in Denver was an old Iverson and Chauncey Billups. Best in NY was A half a.ssed Amarr Stoudemire and inconsistent as they come JR Smith... Throughout his career he has never had a Wade..a gasol.. a Westbrook caliber support so the scrutiny on Melo has got to stop
 5 years ago '05        #112
AirForce318 
space
space
$12,401 | Props total: 674 674
 iAmRoyalDaIdol said:
I wouldn't say Lazy....I would say uninspired ...Melos help in Denver was an old Iverson and Chauncey Billups. Best in NY was A half a.ssed Amarr Stoudemire and inconsistent as they come JR Smith... Throughout his career he has never had a Wade..a gasol.. a Westbrook caliber support so the scrutiny on Melo has got to stop
i feel you on that one... but melo had a legit shot in 09 when the nuggets gave up against the lakers... that team there would have stomped orlando worse than the lakers did... but melo's nonchalant-ness on defense will have him waste his prime losing early in the playoffs... every time he plays lebron, he light that man up for 30+ but he doesn't try to stop him either... he thinks like "ok, he just got a dunk, let me go down and hit a 3 to cancel it out..."

if he doesn't get better on defense, at least hit the boards a little harder to make up for it
 5 years ago '09        #113
TriniSoldier 64 heat pts64
space
space
$48,928 | Props total: 22161 22161
 iAmRoyalDaIdol said:
The comments in this thread is ridiculous... I feel like bumping this thread until everyone fully understands why Melo is a better scorer than Durant. Everyone who watches basketball knows that Melo DOES NOT get any superstar calls. He gets hacked and fouled all the time but gets no Lebron / Durant treatment. If he did he would get to the line the most in the league which would dramatically increase his PPG. Melo is the most clutch player in the league statistically over Kobe Lebron Durant etc. Put Melo in OKC style offense with a top 5 pg and defensive beast in Westbrook how could he not do the same thing Durant is doing. We cannot say Durant is a better spot up / catch and shoot player because Melo was never given an opportunity to be that type of player . Melo has the best midrange in the league...best pull up..best jab step..most efficient in his drives... most unstoppable when hot (except Kobe) ....you guys need to watch this man play and stoP listening to the media
He has NO scoring titles, has NEVER averaged 30, and has been getting outscored by KD for years who has also been doing it more efficiently. I love melo but it's a cut and dry argument, y'all arguing absolutely nothing. Just because he has more moves it doesn't mean sh*t if it doesn't translate to PRODUCTION, who cares how pretty you look shooting the ball or if you're doing it left handed or right handed if your scoring less than the guy next to you, and less efficient at that. Did we all go to school here? 3 is a higher number than 0. There is no argument, the case is closed.

To humor the rest of your post however, I'll say this. Melo could never play with a point guard like westbrook, he's not great at running an offense, and 90% of you knick fans were complaining about not having a real point guard to begin with, and that contributed to the problems with the knicks, and now you make a comment like that? Carmelo wouldn't excel in a transition based jump shooting offense, because that's what d'antoni was doing in new york, and wasn't everyone calling for his head? Even so, all that is basically your opinion and bullsh*t based off what if's and stanning. The numbers speak for themselves.

Last edited by TriniSoldier; 09-11-2012 at 10:49 PM..
 5 years ago '12        #114
Gulla 2 heat pts
space
space
$620 | Props total: 73 73
 iAmRoyalDaIdol said:
I agree with literally everything this n*gga said
Offensively, Melo can do any and everything on the court he's the most well rounded player in the L. Only time he ever ran a offense similar to Durant was during the olympics and yall all know Melo played better. He was the best player in the Olympics (though an argument can be made for LeBron as much as it k!lls me to say)
 5 years ago '05        #115
BO$$ Playa 13 heat pts13
space
space
space
$1,461 | Props total: 3 3
Melo has more in his arsenal but obviously Durant is the better scorer. It has nothing to do with what team they're playing for or their respective roles. Playing off the ball is a skill, you can't just stick Melo in Durant's place and think he'd produce the same efficiency (not to mention efficiency he's never ever produced before). Melo isn't even fit to do what Durant does off the ball. KD's jumper is way more consistent, he's a much better finisher around the rim, gets to the line more and is a better FT shooter.

Only way Melo would have an argument is if we're talking about the old Melo that used to bully n*ggas in the post.
 5 years ago '12        #116
Gulla 2 heat pts
space
space
$620 | Props total: 73 73
 BO$$ Playa said:
Melo has more in his arsenal but obviously Durant is the better scorer. It has nothing to do with what team they're playing for or their respective roles. Playing off the ball is a skill, you can't just stick Melo in Durant's place and think he'd produce the same efficiency (not to mention efficiency he's never ever produced before). Melo isn't even fit to do what Durant does off the ball. KD's jumper is way more consistent, he's a much better finisher around the rim, gets to the line more and is a better FT shooter.

Only way Melo would have an argument is if we're talking about the old Melo that used to bully n*ggas in the post.
Melo still bullies n*ggas in the post, and Melo was in Durant's OKC role for the most part in the Olympics (as well as Durant) and you tell me who played better

EDIT: STICKMAN DURANT A BETTER FINISHER THAN MELO AT THE RIM?!?!?

Last edited by Gulla; 09-11-2012 at 11:23 PM..
 5 years ago '05        #117
BO$$ Playa 13 heat pts13
space
space
space
$1,461 | Props total: 3 3
 Gulla said:
Melo still bullies n*ggas in the post, and Melo was in Durant's OKC role for the most part in the Olympics (as well as Durant) and you tell me who played better

EDIT: STICKMAN DURANT A BETTER FINISHER THAN MELO AT THE RIM?!?!?
Melo wasn't in Durant's OKC role in the Olympics. You're joking right? He was just standing around the 3pt line and getting open looks off penetration and ball movement (as was Durant, Kobe). He wasn't constantly moving and running around screens. Not to mention those were NBA 2's. Melo is not a 3pt shooter like that.

Melo doesn't post as much as he used to and he's even said himself he's became more of a jump shooter now to preserve his body. His efficiency has taken a dive because of that.

And I'm not sure what Durant being a stick has to do with his ability to finish, he's long as sh*t.

2011-2012

AT THE RIM: Melo 59.9%
AT THE RIM: Durant 72.2% (better than Melo's career best)

5 years ago '10        #118
Agentzer0oo0 209 heat pts209
space
space
$67,831 | Props total: 20700 20700
I'ma just bookmark this thread & return here in May/June to see who has the last laugh. Melo will rise, people will look stupid............and that will be the time that I unmercifully sh*t on The N, Tank, Goldenhero, Trini, Maxnn, etc, etc.

His time is coming, he is the hero Gotham needs
 5 years ago '12        #119
cal classick 
space
space
$4,275 | Props total: 5235 5235
might honestly be a tie
 5 years ago '10        #120
beast mode 25 heat pts25
space
space
$13,966 | Props total: 1795 1795
n*ggaz really trynna compare the black hole aka bum a.ss melo to kd??? kd sh*ts all over melo
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside dannielledai
9 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ukrainian Fashion Model Mariya Melny Thong Bikini
29 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
53 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Dec 9 - Scientists Create Vitamin A-Rich Fruit That Could Save Many Lives
31 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Air Jordan 11 "Win Like 96" finally releases after a long history of r..
63 comments
2 days ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Video inside Every retarded thot think they a dime on IG
9 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 'The Walking Dead' Fans Are Flipping Out That AMC Is Promoting Sunday'..
77 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Article inside How Apple has won (and kept) my business
69 comments
1 day ago
@tech
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy