Who is the Better Overall Scorer? (Top 5 SF's Currently Edition)

most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
40 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
30 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
86 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
63 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Better Scorer?
Melo 98 41.70%
KD 137 58.30%
Voters: 235. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '09        #41
TriniSoldier 64 heat pts64
space
space
$49,024 | Props total: 22356 22356
 Adam Is BeTTeR said:
Clearly Melo

of course BX will go with the popular pick cause the media brainwashed these fools
It's probably the popular pick because one guy is the reigning three time scoring champion, while the other prides himself on being a scorer but has yet to get one, or average 30 in a season.
 5 years ago '10        #42
DurtySoufReppin 76 heat pts76
space
space
$7,718 | Props total: 14 14
Player A

Scores more points than Player B at a better %, went to the WCF in his 4th season, but made it to the Finals in his 5th. 3x Scoring Champion in 5 seasons.

Player B

Scores less points than Player A, and shoots at a worse %, but looks s3xy doing it, in his 9th season, been to the WCF once, yet to make it to the Finals. 0x Scoring Champion in 9 seasons.

Tough Choice

Last edited by DurtySoufReppin; 09-11-2012 at 01:09 PM..
 5 years ago '09        #43
space
space
 INF4MOUS said:
n*gga the Knicks were not healthy last season, Lin / Shumpert / Chandler / Stoudemire all missed games... thats 4 starters n*gga

Add on B Diddy who got injured and Bibby was the starting PG
Every team has injuries, I like talkin sh*t with knick fans but I be feelin bad for y'all sometimes. Got an excuse for the sky being blue. Anyway, just refer to this post below in terms of the topic.

VVV
 TriniSoldier said:
It's probably the popular pick because one guy is the reigning three time scoring champion, while the other prides himself on being a scorer but has yet to get one, or average 30 in a season.
 5 years ago '12        #44
Kastanova 91 heat pts91 OP
space
space
$16,231 | Props total: 1389 1389
 DurtySoufReppin said:
Choose 1

Player A

Scores more points than Player B at a better %

Player B

Scores less points than Player A, and shoots at a worse %, but looks s3xy doing it.
I choose Player C

Scores more points but takes more shots than anyone in the league but has 5 rings and $30 Mill

TROLLING!
 5 years ago '06        #45
xFMx ALCHEMiST 262 heat pts262
space
space
$11,124 | Props total: 1331 1331
Durant scores easier now due to Westbrook and I think he may be a better 3 point shooter.
Melo has the total offensive package
Pull up, Post moves, Putbacks, Strength, Melo is better at creating his own bucket inside/out
Durant can only create his own shot over the defender due to his length.
 5 years ago '05        #46
dblockallday 
space
space
$8,817 | Props total: 1524 1524
 TriniSoldier said:
Aging Billups? Billups destroyed Chris paul in the playoffs and him and melo led the charge to giving the hornets the worst playoff loss of all time. Chauncey was a top 4 or 5 mvp candidate with melo (who wasn't even in the conversation). Birdman in his prime was a shot blocking machine, Nene was a great third option quality player, plus another third option quality player in a young high flying jr swish and defensive stoppers afflalo/jones, plus ty lawson the prodigy coming up in the wings. He had some nice teams back then I used to eat n*ggas for lunch with them denver squads. Then n*gga had stat, a defensive player of the year, jr swish again, him and jeremy lin played more than 2 games, and jeremy lin is the reason the knicks even made the playoffs to begin with with that winning streak while they were injured. Knicks been tryna say they had the best frontcourt in the league, and now it's something else?

Nothing wrong with being the 3rd best scorer at your position. Melo is still an elite player.
billups was aging. birdman? you cant be serious. nene was always hurt. the rest of the guys you mentioned aren't even worth mentionting... either was birdman but o well..

knicks made the playoffs because of linsanity? a 6 game streak which in essence kept dantoni as coach for another couple weeks? that is more relevant and important to the knicks making the playoffs than their record after dantoni left and melo carried the team with no lin or stat?

the media has brainwashed so many people on here.
 5 years ago '10        #47
SmoothTay 23 heat pts23
space
space
$26,607 | Props total: 30552 30552
From a Melo Stan to a Melo hater in a span of a year
 5 years ago '10        #48
Blkboipurp 
space
space
$15,364 | Props total: 9620 9620
 TriniSoldier said:
Every team has injuries, I like talkin sh*t with knick fans but I be feelin bad for y'all sometimes. Got an excuse for the sky being blue. Anyway, just refer to this post below in terms of the topic.

VVV

What do you mean excuse?Its the truth....4 starters were injured.Just because you choose to look over it doesn't make it any less true
 5 years ago '09        #49
space
space
 dblockallday said:
billups was aging. birdman? you cant be serious. nene was always hurt. the rest of the guys you mentioned aren't even worth mentionting... either was birdman but o well..

knicks made the playoffs because of linsanity? a 6 game streak which in essence kept dantoni as coach for another couple weeks? that is more relevant and important to the knicks making the playoffs than their record after dantoni left and melo carried the team with no lin or stat?

the media has brainwashed so many people on here.
He was aging, but was the only mvp canidate on the team, and scored the most points of his career... Okay. I have a feeling you weren't watching too many denver games outside of the one year they went on a deep run.

I will now ask you, since melo is the only player to ever deal with a coaching change, or injuries, is that the reason why he has never gotten a scoring title or scored more points than kevin durant? It's because of everything but him?
 Blkboipurp said:

What do you mean excuse?Its the truth....4 starters were injured.Just because you choose to look over it doesn't make it any less true
So that's the reason melo didn't score more points than kd this year?
 5 years ago '05        #50
katalist 229 heat pts229
space
space
$36,999 | Props total: 1319 1319
Not even close imo, KD >> Melo

They are both great on offense, but Durant slight edge. And as far as defense goes, Melo barely plays any D while Durant is a good defender.
 5 years ago '07        #51
Adam Is BeTTeR 2 heat pts
space
space
$12,845 | Props total: 2532 2532
 TriniSoldier said:
Basically, what you're saying is. Based off statistics, he's a better scorer than LeBron and Kobe too then, huh?

Durant can't score in the many different ways that Melo & Kobe can. He's not better in any way. He's good off the ball but that just may be it.
 5 years ago '09        #52
space
space
 Adam Is BeTTeR said:
Basically, what you're saying is. Based off statistics, he's a better scorer than LeBron and Kobe too then, huh?

Durant can't score in the many different ways that Melo & Kobe can. He's not better in any way. He's good off the ball but that just may be it.
Yes that's exactly what I'm saying Durant IS a better scorer than kobe, he's the best scorer in the league right now, the three time reigning champion at it, with lebron a hairline behind him. You can say a guy can score in different ways and look cool doing it, but if he's not doing it better than the next guy, then it doesn't matter. PPG and FG% are cut and dry statistics, and one guy edges out the other.
 5 years ago '05        #53
dblockallday 
space
space
 TriniSoldier said:
He was aging, but was the only mvp canidate on the team, and scored the most points of his career... Okay. I have a feeling you weren't watching too many denver games outside of the one year they went on a deep run.

I will now ask you, since melo is the only player to ever deal with a coaching change, or injuries, is that the reason why he has never gotten a scoring title or scored more points than kevin durant? It's because of everything but him?

thats not relavent to what i was discussing. i admit i changed the subject somewhat but i had to respond to people posting nonsense to discredit melo.

which was basically saying the knicks roster was just as talented as okc's. saying melo had lin, smith, stat, chandler, etc despite the fact lin played like a month total with only a handful of games with melo. smith came over mid season, stat came into the season off, his bro died, he got hurt again, etc. "i know durant would flourish on the knicks" "durant and a prime iverson would go to the finals" as if melo played with anything close to prime iverson.

as far as the topic at hand, melo and kd are very different scorers. different players in general. durant has superior range, is a better catch and shoot scorer. melo is much more versatile and stronger down low.

as a pure scorer i'd give the edge to kd because of his range and catch n shoot ability but it's close. like i said they are different scorers.
 5 years ago '05        #54
dblockallday 
space
space
 katalist said:
Not even close imo, KD >> Melo

They are both great on offense, but Durant slight edge. And as far as defense goes, Melo barely plays any D while Durant is a good defender.
only reason durant is considered a decent defender is his size/length. he's guarding wing players much smaller than him most of the time. melo doesn't play any D is another product of the media brainwashing people. melo is a good man on man defender. he guarded much bigger PFs when stat was hurt and did quite well. it's team defense as far as making rotations and overall awareness that melo is weak on D.
 5 years ago '10        #55
Blkboipurp 
space
space
$15,364 | Props total: 9620 9620
 TriniSoldier said:

I was actually referring to when you said all Knick fans have are excuses but i'll answer your question....

You really gonna sit here and tell me that Antoni playing him outta position for a good portion of the season didn't effect his scoring?

You really gonna sit here and pretend him not getting hurt earlier in the season didn't effect his scoring?

You really gonna sit here and pretend him being the only scoring option and players getting hurt didn't effect his scoring?

Mind you i'm not really a Melo fan but some you n*ggas are just ridiculous with yall statements.
 5 years ago '09        #56
space
space
 dblockallday said:
thats not relavent to what i was discussing. i admit i changed the subject somewhat but i had to respond to people posting nonsense to discredit melo.

which was basically saying the knicks roster was just as talented as okc's. saying melo had lin, smith, stat, chandler, etc despite the fact lin played like a month total with only a handful of games with melo. smith came over mid season, stat came into the season off, his bro died, he got hurt again, etc. "i know durant would flourish on the knicks" "durant and a prime iverson would go to the finals" as if melo played with anything close to prime iverson.

as far as the topic at hand, melo and kd are very different scorers. different players in general. durant has superior range, is a better catch and shoot scorer. melo is much more versatile and stronger down low.

as a pure scorer i'd give the edge to kd because of his range and catch n shoot ability but it's close. like i said they are different scorers.
my n*gga

[pic - click to view]

5 years ago '07        #57
joshdogg26 193 heat pts193
space
space
$34,385 | Props total: 13038 13038
who cares how many "ways you can score" if you're not better at doing it than other players? if you cannot score more points than somebody else AND you cannot score more efficiently than somebody else, then you have no case for being a better SCORER.

what you're looking to say is that he's a more versatile scorer, but he's not better at it. rasheed wallace was a more versatile scoring big than shaq, but shaq's career points per game almost double his and his FG% dwarfs his because shaq was brutally effective. there's a big difference. and it's not like durant isn't a versatile scorer in his own right, so this isn't even an extreme case we're dealing with. figures it's all knicks stans and nobody else though.
 5 years ago '09        #58
space
space
 TriniSoldier said:
Carmelo has more moves, KD is the better scorer. Melo has never averaged 30 in his career, or gotten a scoring title. There is no more debate.
First post of the thread. Got no idea how this sh*t got so long.
 5 years ago '04        #59
DPGUNIT 1 heat pts
space
space
$10,247 | Props total: 4 4
Tough choice, I say Melo by a slim margin. KD is the 3 time reigning scoring champ, that doesn't necessarily mean he can get his buckets as easy as Melo. Both are clutch and both can light yo a.ss up. Melo can go into the post though and he doesn't rely solely on his jumper throughout games like KD does @ times.
 5 years ago '04        #60
Budala 418 heat pts418
space
space
$12,323 | Props total: 1273 1273

[pic - click to view]

Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
84 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
100 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
136 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
296 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
69 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside X-MEN return to Marvel Studios in less than 48 hours
86 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Joyner Lucas responds back to criticisms of “I’m not racist”
103 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Dear Santa, you are a b!tch n!gga. Sincerely yours, the Santa Stalker.
39 comments
1 day ago
@movies
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy