Who is the Better Overall Scorer? (Top 5 SF's Currently Edition)

most viewed right now
Video inside Breaking News: Everyday Struggle W Joe Budden & Akademiks Won't Be Back..
57 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Some confused X Men actors think they won't be Recast :mjlol:
55 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
NBA LeBron James Covered His Mouth While Talking To Lonzo Ball After The Game ..
66 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside DJ Akademiks bout that Twitch Irl life.
49 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Better Scorer?
Melo 98 41.70%
KD 137 58.30%
Voters: 235. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '04        #21
dre03 
space
space
$10,169 | Props total: 2451 2451
 TriniSoldier said:
The last three.

Doesn't matter how many things you can do if your not producing or at least producing less but being highly efficient by comparison.
He didn't ask who is the better player... He said better scorer... KD has weaknesses in his sscoring ability... Melo does not... Its simple... You are introducing the player aspect into a question that does not involve that... Melo can score from anywhere on the floor and can play any of the scoring positions on the floor... KD can't... The paint is not his area...

You are talking about efficiency like your teammates don't have more to do with that then the player himself... When Carmelo had a better team and more help around him like early in Denver he produced as efficiently as KD does now... He had 3 consecutive seasons shooting at least 48% before injuries in 08 slowed him down... Like KD he even had a season shooting over 49%... KD is on a Thunder team that is loaded with talent... He sees less double teams and gets more open shots then the average superstar... Put KD on the Knicks and he will not shoot 48% either as he will be asked to do more than he currentl does in OKC
 5 years ago '04        #22
Budala 418 heat pts418
space
space
$12,323 | Props total: 1296 1296
 Flash Kick said:
Melo in playoffs 1st round exit> durant in finals

Are you sure Durant is not also on your list of people to d!ckride?

Its hard to tell when you were reppin half of NBA in your sig
 5 years ago '09        #23
TriniSoldier 64 heat pts64
space
space
$49,073 | Props total: 22453 22453
 dre03 said:
He didn't ask who is the better player... He said better scorer... KD has weaknesses in his sscoring ability... Melo does not... Its simple... You are introducing the player aspect into a question that does not involve that... Melo can score from anywhere on the floor and can play any of the scoring positions on the floor... KD can't... The paint is not his area...

You are talking about efficiency like your teammates don't have more to do with that then the player himself... When Carmelo had a better team and more help around him like early in Denver he produced as efficiently as KD does now... He had 3 consecutive seasons shooting at least 48% before injuries in 08 slowed him down... Like KD he even had a season shooting over 49%... KD is on a Thunder team that is loaded with talent... He sees less double teams and gets more open shots then the average superstar... Put KD on the Knicks and he will not shoot 48% either as he will be asked to do more than he currentl does in OKC
No one said better player. To be a better scorer, you have to score more points. It's cut and dry. Kevin Durant scores MORE points at the same efficiency if not HIGHER than carmelo. It's great that you can shoot left handed, right handed, behind the back, blah blah, melo is my guy, but if that isn't getting you the same amount of points as the next guy who is doing it his way, and better because he's producing better scoring numbers, then it doesn't mean sh*t.
 5 years ago '10        #24
DurtySoufReppin 76 heat pts76
space
space
$7,718 | Props total: 14 14
Yall confusing ISO with being the best scorer

Durant is better off the ball and on the fast break, that puts him over Melo IMO
 5 years ago '07        #25
JamcnPrettyboy 96 heat pts96
space
space
$23,478 | Props total: 6135 6135
Melo is more versatile but kd hits damn near every shot he makes on a more consistent basis
 5 years ago '06        #26
Maddog345 3 heat pts
space
space
$7,867 | Props total: 261 261
Overall scorer - Melo. He can score from just about anywhere on the court.

Game Winners - Melo. That boy got ice in his veins.
 5 years ago '05        #27
Rubix 
space
space
$8,494 | Props total: 826 826
 dre03 said:
KD has no post game... Why is this even a question??? There is nothing Melo can't do on the floor on the offensive end when it comes to scoring... Shoot the three, beat most players off the dribble, great midrange shot, good post game, great finisher... Melo can do more things than KD on the court... KD just has a better work ethic and is not lazy...

If we are only talking about scoring this is a no brainer... Melo has no weaknesses scoring wise... He is just lazy which makes him a worst player
Here's one thing: he sucks at moving without the ball. You can't be a "good" scorer if u can't create offense without having the ball in your hands.
 5 years ago '10        #28
space
space
 Rubix said:
Here's one thing: he sucks at moving without the ball. You can't be a "good" scorer if u can't create offense without having the ball in your hands.
This is where people are confused..

I rather a player drop 30 points from screens, fast breaks, and isos, than a player playing 1 on 1 all game.

Durant drops 30 without taking his teammates out of the game and/or slowing down the offense.

Durant's ability to put up an efficient 30 without the ball in his hands is the reason he's been to the finals and Melo hasn't.

I don't think Melo could flourish with a Thunder team, but I know for sure that Durant could flourish with the Knicks.

Melo doesn't have the ability to play off other players. He failed with Billups, Iverson, and now Stoudamire (so far).

Put Durant with a prime Iverson and he's going to the Finals.

Last edited by DurtySoufReppin; 09-11-2012 at 12:32 PM..
 5 years ago '12        #29
Kastanova 91 heat pts91 OP
space
space
$16,234 | Props total: 1391 1391
 Budala said:
Are you sure Durant is not also on your list of people to d!ckride?

Its hard to tell when you were reppin half of NBA in your sig
don't worry he's going to be confused if the NBA Finals were to ever be

T-Wolves vs Wizards

he'd probably d!ckride both star players on their respective teams

5 years ago '06        #30
ProLogic 
space
space
$4,763 | Props total: 9 9
 5 years ago '10        #31
space
space
 dre03 said:

How does KD have more talent than Melo?

Jeremy Lin,JR Smith, Shumpert, Amare Stoudamire, Tyson Chandler, Steve Novak

James Harden, Russell Westbrook, Serge Ibaka, Kendrick Perkins, Thabo Sefalosha

Melo had 4 players on his team who could easily put up 15 a game. One who could put up 23+ a game.
 5 years ago '09        #32
space
space
 DurtySoufReppin said:

I rather a player drop 30 points from screens, fast breaks, and isos, than a player playing 1 on 1 all game.

Durant drops 30 without taking his teammates out of the game and/or slowing down the offense.

Durant's ability to put up an efficient 30 without the ball in his hands is the reason he's been to the finals and Melo hasn't.

I don't think Melo could flourish with a Thunder team, but I know for sure that Durant could flourish with the Knicks.

Melo doesn't have the ability to play off other players. He failed with Billups, Iverson, and now Stoudamire (so far).

Durant has already to play and thrive with an iverson/marbury type of point guard too.

Melo and westbrook would be fist f!ghting for the ball
 5 years ago '05        #33
dblockallday 
space
space
$8,820 | Props total: 1525 1525
 DurtySoufReppin said:

melo never played with a prime iverson or any of the guys you listed. he's also never played with a team as talented as okc. i'm curious to see how durant count have flourished on the knicks with bibby running the point and stat playing like a zombie with a broken J. but yea thats prolly melo's fault.

5 years ago '09        #34
space
space
 dblockallday said:

melo never played with a prime iverson or any of the guys you listed. he's also never played with a team as talented as okc. i'm curious to see how durant count have flourished on the knicks with bibby running the point and stat playing like a zombie with a broken J. but yea thats prolly melo's fault.

What are you talking about homie? You okay?
 5 years ago '07        #35
INFAMOUS 13 heat pts13
space
space
space
$35,778 | Props total: 2740 2740
[email changed - confirm acct by email]
Melo is better at everything except spot up shooting

Melo >>>>>>>>>>>> KD

Durants team was right back in the fu*king lottery when KD was there

Melo's team won 40+ games in the west

Thank god Kevin got Westbrook
 5 years ago '05        #36
dblockallday 
space
space
$8,820 | Props total: 1525 1525
 DurtySoufReppin said:
How does KD have more talent than Melo?

Jeremy Lin,JR Smith, Shumpert, Amare Stoudamire, Tyson Chandler, Steve Novak

James Harden, Russell Westbrook, Serge Ibaka, Kendrick Perkins, Thabo Sefalosha

Melo had 4 players on his team who could easily put up 15 a game. One who could put up 23+ a game.
o boy you're diggin yourself a deeper hole.

lin didnt play until melo and stat were both hurt and dantoni was about to get fired. then he got hurt again and missed the end of the season and the playoffs. melo and him played like 2 games together.

jr smith also wasnt there from the start. he came over from china and didnt play well all year. stat came into the year off a back injury and put on muscle expecting to play C. his J was broke all year, his brother died and he got injured again.

all of this so far im sure is melos fault. then you list novak and chandler. nofak also was a bench warmer the first half of the season. show me the stats that back up that chandler and novak are easy 15 ppg guys.

for the record i never said melo is the better scorer. but when people post nonsense like this i have to shoot it down. the 2nd best player melo has ever played with was aging billups, iverson and stat. knicks went into the season with literally no backcourt and a pg reliant coach but i'm sure melo was the reason they struggled.
 5 years ago '07        #37
Adam Is BeTTeR 2 heat pts
space
space
$12,850 | Props total: 2535 2535
Clearly Melo

of course BX will go with the popular pick cause the media brainwashed these fools
 5 years ago '09        #38
space
space
 dblockallday said:
o boy you're diggin yourself a deeper hole.

lin didnt play until melo and stat were both hurt and dantoni was about to get fired. then he got hurt again and missed the end of the season and the playoffs. melo and him played like 2 games together.

jr smith also wasnt there from the start. he came over from china and didnt play well all year. stat came into the year off a back injury and put on muscle expecting to play C. his J was broke all year, his brother died and he got injured again.

all of this so far im sure is melos fault. then you list novak and chandler. nofak also was a bench warmer the first half of the season. show me the stats that back up that chandler and novak are easy 15 ppg guys.

for the record i never said melo is the better scorer. but when people post nonsense like this i have to shoot it down. the 2nd best player melo has ever played with was aging billups, iverson and stat. knicks went into the season with literally no backcourt and a pg reliant coach but i'm sure melo was the reason they struggled.
Aging Billups? Billups destroyed Chris paul in the playoffs and him and melo led the charge to giving the hornets the worst playoff loss of all time. Chauncey was a top 4 or 5 mvp candidate with melo (who wasn't even in the conversation). Birdman in his prime was a shot blocking machine, Nene was a great third option quality player, plus another third option quality player in a young high flying jr swish and defensive stoppers afflalo/jones, plus ty lawson the prodigy coming up in the wings. He had some nice teams back then I used to eat n*ggas for lunch with them denver squads. Then n*gga had stat, a defensive player of the year, jr swish again, him and jeremy lin played more than 2 games, and jeremy lin is the reason the knicks even made the playoffs to begin with with that winning streak while they were injured. Knicks been tryna say they had the best frontcourt in the league, and now it's something else?

Nothing wrong with being the 3rd best scorer at your position. Melo is still an elite player.
 5 years ago '12        #39
Kastanova 91 heat pts91 OP
space
space
$16,234 | Props total: 1391 1391
 Flash Kick said:
idk whos d!ck you ride more me or budaladin
Coming from the n*gga who came into the BXSC with a Nets/Knicks/Lakers than admitted he was a Pacer fan but tried to say it was a typo

YA DONE n*gga!

Take the L
 5 years ago '07        #40
INFAMOUS 13 heat pts13
space
space
space
$35,778 | Props total: 2740 2740
[email changed - confirm acct by email]
 TriniSoldier said:
Aging Billups? Billups destroyed Chris paul in the playoffs and him and melo led the charge to giving the hornets the worst playoff loss of all time. Chauncey was a top 4 or 5 mvp candidate with melo (who wasn't even in the conversation). Birdman in his prime was a shot blocking machine, Nene was a great third option quality player, plus another third option quality player in a young high flying jr swish and defensive stoppers afflalo/jones, plus ty lawson the prodigy coming up in the wings. He had some nice teams back then I used to eat n*ggas for lunch with them denver squads. Then n*gga had stat, a defensive player of the year, jr swish again, him and jeremy lin played more than 2 games, and jeremy lin is the reason the knicks even made the playoffs to begin with with that winning streak while they were injured. Knicks been tryna say they had the best frontcourt in the league, and now it's something else?

Nothing wrong with being the 3rd best scorer at your position. Melo is still an elite player.
n*gga the Knicks were not healthy last season, Lin / Shumpert / Chandler / Stoudemire all missed games... thats 4 starters n*gga

Add on B Diddy who got injured and Bibby was the starting PG
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
93 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
62 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
31 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
89 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Rare Pics of B.G. Derrick (N.O. Rap)
113 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
54 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
If it bleeds, you can now kill it in Ghost Recon: Wildland’s new free DLC.
37 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
219 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy