Ex-Def Jam Rapper Airs Out Label: "Most Of The Things They Wanted Me To Do Were Gay"

most viewed right now
NBA Bron and the Cavs been on they sh-t since ...
31 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Teanna Trump got a son now? :deadpg:
86 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Birdman broke af - about to lose his mansion due to $12 Million Dollar Loan
137 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
yukmouth responded to gonzoe
21 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '10        #101
BiZz 67 heat pts67
space
space
$5,444 | Props total: 6 6
 TheMindOf said:
You know Wax don't know who you are right?
I'm not the one whose salty about another man getting a shot in life
 5 years ago '10        #102
TheMindOf 21 heat pts21
space
space
$27,749 | Props total: 16554 16554
 Arson said:
Wax is like a rap version of these guys

I dunno what Def Jam had him making but they were silly to think they could make another eminem or what ever their expectations were.

He probably would have sold more than Big KRIT did

This is simply a case of the wrong label signing the wrong artist.

Pretty much.

Also, All American Rejects is a great band. He got some ways to go to reach their status.

I see where you're coming from though. But that type of stuff doesn't easily cross over into hip hop. Especially not for a whole album.

He might have to switch genres. Hip Hop aint for everybody.
 5 years ago '10        #103
TheMindOf 21 heat pts21
space
space
 Cee4our said:
1) hes a white guy who sings and plays instruments

2) hes like 25

3) hes dope

1) Unless your name is Eminem, white doesn't automatically equal success in hip hop (sh*t, MGK and Yelawolf can both actually rap good and still can't sell)

2) No. He's 42 (says Def Jam)

3) He doesn't rap good or make good songs. Therefore he's not dope.

5 years ago '10        #104
BiZz 67 heat pts67
space
space
 TheMindOf said:
1) Unless your name is Eminem, white doesn't automatically equal success in hip hop (sh*t, MGK and Yelawolf can both actually rap good and still can't sell)

2) No. He's 42 (says Def Jam)

3) He doesn't rap good or make good songs. Therefore he's not dope.

) Must of been a typo, He's 32.
 5 years ago '08        #105
Illuminati 194 heat pts194
space
space
$38,867 | Props total: 9193 9193
Wrong usage of the word gay. I'm sure you guys have been debating that for the past 7 pages.
 5 years ago '04        #106
marcchrome 42 heat pts42
space
space
$11,758 | Props total: 2416 2416
cats are still signing to major labels?????? this fool thought it would work out in his favor????

5 years ago '09        #107
rdogg11 25 heat pts25
space
space
space
$960 | Props total: 30 30
Another favorite freestyle from dude.

[video - click to view]

5 years ago '08        #108
Soda Pop 7 heat pts
space
space
$10,034 | Props total: 5120 5120
Seriously if I could make about two hundred K a year as a rapper I'd do it and not be a big superstar. Why not, it's not till you get caught up in the got have hype that you go broke. Most people who make 200k per year are just fine. More rappers should take that route and stay true to there art.
 5 years ago '09        #109
Fatt Kidd BEP 2 heat pts
space
space
$5,246 | Props total: 11175 11175
 Soda Pop said:
Seriously if I could make about two hundred K a year as a rapper I'd do it and not be a big superstar. Why not, it's not till you get caught up in the got have hype that you go broke. Most people who make 200k per year are just fine. More rappers should take that route and stay true to there art.
Rappers dont make money like that. The only money they get is from shows.

That big signing check that rappers always brag about are just loans from the label. They have to pay every cent back plus more. Thats why you always see the rappers that fall off going broke. You have no choice but to go broke or go pop. Thats why I never judge an artist that goes pop. You gotta do what you gotta do to survive.
 5 years ago '10        #110
TheMindOf 21 heat pts21
space
space
 Soda Pop said:

The majority of rappers (at or around this guy's level of popularity) make UNDER 5k a show.

Now I know what you're going to say next.

"So i'll just do 40 shows a year and make 200k"

Not how that works. You don't just sign up to do shows. If you're not an in demand rapper, why would anyone book you. Why book a rapper who can't make you your money back? Don't make sense.

If they book you for 5k, youre not the only expense plus book a venue for an additional 3k. now they 8k in.

I've seen promoters lose money on established artist with decent fan bases. Thats why they never wanna risk it on a rapper who may not make it back for them.

If your formula worked, every up and coming rapper would just do 200 shows a year and make hundreds of thousands. Not how it works. Nice try tho
 5 years ago '10        #111
BiZz 67 heat pts67
space
space
Here we go again with this n*gga down playing someone making moves that he'll never make in his lifetime

Last edited by BiZz; 09-11-2012 at 03:20 PM..
 5 years ago '07        #112
Deniro732 8 heat pts
space
space
$13,633 | Props total: 2475 2475
this is KNOWN KNOWLEDGE to those that are even the slightest bit familiar with the music industry
 5 years ago '04        #113
bigdog232 2 heat pts
space
space
$4,021 | Props total: 390 390
dayum... I didnt even know dude was signed... my homeboy did the beat for his new single... wow...
 5 years ago '09        #114
Fatt Kidd BEP 2 heat pts
space
space
 TheMindOf said:

The majority of rappers (at or around this guy's level of popularity) make UNDER 5k a show.

Now I know what you're going to say next.

"So i'll just do 40 shows a year and make 200k"

Not how that works. You don't just sign up to do shows. If you're not an in demand rapper, why would anyone book you. Why book a rapper who can't make you your money back? Don't make sense.

If they book you for 5k, youre not the only expense plus book a venue for an additional 3k. now they 8k in.

I've seen promoters lose money on established artist with decent fan bases. Thats why they never wanna risk it on a rapper who may not make it back for them.

If your formula worked, every up and coming rapper would just do 200 shows a year and make hundreds of thousands. Not how it works. Nice try tho
Wax been doing shows way before the deal

Def Jam did nothing for him that he wasnt doing already. He had good videos and songs before Def Jam. He always had a huge fan base. Thats why they signed him off of Youtube. And I dont know where you live at but there are parts of America that only listen to music like this.
 5 years ago '10        #115
TheMindOf 21 heat pts21
space
space
 Fatt Kidd BEP said:
Wax been doing shows way before the deal

Def Jam did nothing for him that he wasnt doing already. He had good videos and songs before Def Jam. He always had a huge fan base. Thats why they signed him off of Youtube. And I dont know where you live at but there are parts of America that only listen to music like this.
Never heard of dude and I'm 100% sure that I'm in the majority. Guarantee if I walk down the street and ask 10 random people if they know who Wax is, 8-9 of them gon say "no"

And I'll put money on that.

So why would I have him headline a show?
 5 years ago '10        #116
BiZz 67 heat pts67
space
space
 TheMindOf said:
Never heard of dude and I'm 100% sure that I'm in the majority. Guarantee if I walk down the street and ask 10 random people if they know who Wax is, 8-9 of them gon say "no"

And I'll put money on that.

So why would I have him headline a show?
subscribers
video views

Without a deal
 5 years ago '10        #117
TheMindOf 21 heat pts21
space
space
 BiZz said:
subscribers
video views

Without a deal
so what..

Kreayshawn

subscribers
video views

30 Million of which came from "Gucci Gucci" (which dropped before she had a deal)

Her album still about to flop and I still wouldn't book her (even though I'd book her before I did Wax)
 5 years ago '10        #118
BiZz 67 heat pts67
space
space
 TheMindOf said:
so what..

Kreayshawn

subscribers
video views

30 Million of which came from "Gucci Gucci" (which dropped before she had a deal)

Her album still about to flop and I still wouldn't book her (even though I'd book her before I did Wax)
That doesn't have anything to do with him. He has good numbers and just because you don't like him doesn't mean other people don't.
 5 years ago '09        #119
Fatt Kidd BEP 2 heat pts
space
space
 TheMindOf said:
so what..

Kreayshawn

subscribers
video views

Nobody cares about what you like. You ain't Russel Simmons n*gga. You can be Russel Boxden though
 09-12-2012, 03:04 AM         #120
Hiphopnetwork 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Wasn't rosanna a pop like single
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside So Maliah blessed us this morning
76 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside trust a big butt and smile
36 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside ‘Saturday Night Live’ and Kevin Hart Deliver One Disappointing Christma..
35 comments
21 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Damn!! Is all I can say
89 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Eaton this booty for Breakfast, Lunch, & Dinner
65 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Man Confronts His Baby Mother With DNA Proof That He’s Not Their Allege..
193 comments
23 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
vida guerra
84 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Blew $100 million and STILL eating good
86 comments
21 hours ago