Is Lil' Mouse "Get Smoked" Rap Too Explicit For A 13 Year Old...?!?

most viewed right now
Damn!! Is all I can say
32 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Birdman broke af - about to lose his mansion due to $12 Million Dollar Loan
50 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 17 - Do You Do These 5 Things W ur Cellphone That Health Officials..
36 comments
@news
most viewed right now
NFL They Used A Piece Of Paper To Measure A First Down, Twitter Going Nuts
70 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Is Lil Mouse Too Young To Be Rapping About Guns, Drugs & Sex...?!?
Mayne Hell Yeah, His Ass should Be In School Some Damn Where.... 98 63.64%
Nah, Let That Lil' Mayne Get That Legal Money...Fuck It... 56 36.36%
Voters: 154. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '07        #1
6728 pageviews
52 comments

Avon_Barksdale 4345 heat pts4345
space
space
$42,550 | Props total: 56360 56360
Is Lil' Mouse "Get Smoked" Rap Too Explicit For A 13 Year Old...?!?

[video - click to view]

By Carter Maness

After his track "Get Smoked" was sampled and remixed by Lil Wayne on his Dedication 4 mixtape, Lil Mouse, a 13-year-old rapper from Chicago, is receiving major attention for his lyrics about gangs, guns, drugs and s3x.

Largely unknown before the video for "Get Smoked" was uploaded to YouTube on July 5, Mouse slowly but surely became a controversial figure in the violence-plagued streets of Chicago. He appears in the gangster-by-numbers clip in the Roseland neighborhood of the city's South Side, waving a stack of money and posing with a gun.

Last month, Chicago veteran Rhymefest, who has also criticized the city's most popular upstart rapper Chief Keef, put it frankly. "Record labels are exploiting the violence in Chicago at the expense of young people who are being used to do it," he said to the Chicago Sun-Times.

Lil Mouse's success and inherent co-sign from Lil Wayne brings up two big questions. First, is it acceptable or appropriate for a 13-year-old boy to be rapping about such brutal subjects (even if he is seeing these things happening in his own life)? And second, does Lil Wayne, who once shot himself while playing with a gun as a 12-year-old, have a moral responsibility to not promote such artists?

P. Noble, an a.ssociate of Mouse's who produced the "Get Smoked" video recently told NewsOne that Mouse is honestly rapping about his life. “Lil Mouse is writing his own lyrics about what he sees in his community every day,” he said. “This is an eye opener for people about what’s really going on in urban communities. His message doesn’t disturb me. It’s what young people call, ‘Keepin’ it real.’ And this is the way the music industry is headed.”

Another Chicago rapper, conscious veteran Lupe Fiasco, recently spoke extensively about the city's culture of violence and the new breed of rappers like Chief Keef and Lil Mouse. "The murder rate in Chicago is skyrocketing and you see who's doing it and perpetrating it, they all look like Chief Keef… When it comes to the point that, you know, that kids who are doing the k!llings, and they're kids 13 to 19-years-old."

What do you think? If adults can rap about guns, drugs and s3x, should the 13-year-old Lil Mouse do it? Do you fault Lil Wayne for remixing his song?

Source:

[pic - click to view]

Lil Mouse’s ‘Get Smoked’ Gun Rap Too Explicit For 13 Year Old?

52 comments for "Is Lil' Mouse "Get Smoked" Rap Too Explicit For A 13 Year Old...?!?"

5 years ago '06        #2
sunsetnVine 21 heat pts21
space
space
space
$8,775 | Props total: 3717 3717
No... nothing new under the sun

[video - click to view]

[video - click to view]

[video - click to view]

Last edited by sunsetnVine; 09-09-2012 at 11:18 AM..
 5 years ago '07        #3
Avon_Barksdale 4345 heat pts4345 OP
space
space
 sunsetnVine said:
No... nothing new under the sun

[pic - click to view]

My brother used to play these lil n*ggaz music... for bringin this back up....
 5 years ago '11        #4
UrbanGAAWD 209 heat pts209
space
space
$7,295 | Props total: 1071 1071
He's getting his d!ck sucked, getting money, checking n*ggas and people have a problem? Let that lil n*gga get money and cook...HellaBandz

When I was 13 I wanted the same things...now he's performing at club liv with the biggest(albeit lamest) rapper out there....n*gga get money
 5 years ago '12        #5
Dashawn38 112 heat pts112
space
space
$4,104 | Props total: 509 509
naaah
 5 years ago '04        #6
1MikE 9 heat pts
space
space
$7,017 | Props total: 1577 1577
13 y/o but that forehead is mighty grown
 5 years ago '04        #7
Hood_Rich 7 heat pts
space
space
$15,710 | Props total: 437 437
So when Soulja Boy makes his non violent music y'all hate and say he's corny. Lil Mouse makes a hardcore song it's too explicit?

Y'all expect kids to rap like Common and Lupe?
 5 years ago '07        #8
InSickCure|m 31 heat pts31
space
space
$16,713 | Props total: 948 948
lil gin rapped the same at 13

[video - click to view]

[video - click to view]

[video - click to view]

go look up his album cover for shake junt....nekid strippers
 5 years ago '04        #9
Bedewe22 1 heat pts
space
space
$8,399 | Props total: 107 107

You n*ggas k!ll me sometimes. Do these type of raps become acceptable after you turn 18 or something?
 5 years ago '11        #10
Kalifornicated 20 heat pts20
space
space
$1,161 | Props total: 166 166
No sh*t.
 09-09-2012, 03:26 PM         #11
coolbeans 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i don't really care tho
 5 years ago '07        #12
Avon_Barksdale 4345 heat pts4345 OP
space
space
 coolbeans said:
i don't really care tho
you care enough to say that you dont....
 09-09-2012, 04:38 PM         #13
youngsosaPEG 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 coolbeans said:
i don't really care tho
is dat supposed to be drake and Jay millz in your avy bruh what da fu*k i done seen it all
 5 years ago '05        #14
Peenuthed 
space
space
space
$150 | Props total: 0 0
this song is garbage. and his flow is wack.....Hate to hate but its true!!!!!
 09-09-2012, 04:52 PM         #15
DaRealMrLRP 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
not really interested in seeing a 13 year old perform this type of music, writing is one thing, but now he has that image of being known as a person that makes "negative" music

sad part is he will either end up dead because of this or will just another n*gga in the streets because he cant get out of his current environment to do better but instead promote where he is at

OR that lil n*gga can just get paid and make music in the future that keeps his pockets thick
 09-09-2012, 04:55 PM         #16
Biggaveli 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
she what chief keef did
 09-09-2012, 04:57 PM         #17
Skratch 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
nah, let that n*gga get his money, n*ggas who hate it probably working 9-5 b, if u dont want ur kids listening to him, monitor they sh*t, mouse the realest, what u perceive as negative doesnt exist, theres nothing negative about him, 13 year olds is a adult, when i was 15 i had n*ggas that was 9 rapping about d!ck & p*nis on the block real sh*t

Last edited by Skratch; 09-09-2012 at 04:59 PM..
 5 years ago '08        #18
RokkyRok 50 heat pts50
space
space
$6,674 | Props total: 397 397
It's not wether a 13yr old should be talking about that stuff or not, no one should, regardless of age. The sh*t is played out and only serves to annoy the sh*t out of normal people. These n*ggas need to get their heads out of their a.sses and realize that those tracks cost more than they're worth. Yeah, you get rich quick, maybe out your team and your family on, but that cash is gone next year and you just influenced a bunch of other kids to make the same dumb mistake you made.

I hate to sound like one of those people but these n*ggas and the n*ggas that listen to their music & think it's "cute" for their kids to sing along are doing some reckless sh*t to our youth. Of course the the problems don't begin with the music, they are merely expressing what goes on outside. So before we talk about putting age limits on specific subjects we should probably talk about fixing the environment that breeds these subjects.
 5 years ago '06        #19
beantown 74 heat pts74
space
space
$23,409 | Props total: 2 2
I got a question that nobody else is asking apparently...who is listening to this sh*t? If I was 15-18 I wouldn't wanna be listening to some kid who's not even in high school yet, and I sure as hell won't do it now that I'm in my 20's.
 5 years ago '05        #20
2 Pistolz 13 heat pts13
space
space
$17,694 | Props total: 8 8
His parents deserve to be time machined back into the slavery days.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
109 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
131 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Joe Budden coming out of retirement in 2018 over amigos beef? “Enough ..
106 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Matt Damon Is Sharing All His Bad Opinions on Sexual Misconduct
48 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Uncle Murda Comments On Chinx's Killer Who Is Linked To Him!
111 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
187 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Ultimate mugen build(tell me the characters and Ill build you a custom game)
50 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
When Popeyes runs out of chicken
97 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy