Sep 9 - This Man Makes Beautiful Suits, But He Can't Afford To Buy One

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Chinx’s Killer attended his funeral!!!!!smh
47 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Kobe Bryant legendary stories like when MJ yelled @ Mugsy shoot u f'n midg..
8 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA Former NBA All Star Lorenzen Wright's ex wife is arrested in connection to..
79 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Phat ass white girl for real
10 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '05        #41
kingpin222 2 heat pts
space
space
$4,693 | Props total: 2238 2238
 Deuterion said:
Obviously there is a problem here if his business has hit max productivity but is not generating enough income for him to live in the manner he wants. The reason you are oblivious to this is due to the fact you have already made up your mind that nothing can be done and are now looking for evidence to substantiate your claim. Any rational thinker would look at the scenario, look at all the evidence, and then come to a conclusion. Yes, you might be right that he might not be able to find someone who can build full on suits to his caliber but what if he found someone who can make a really good sleeve, a really good jacket, a really good leg, and then he pieces it together? That would speed up the process a ton and increase productivity. There's boutique fashion providers who have small staffs and intricate product who are making millions...that's because they have built systems. They refine their processes and implement a team to operate it. Acting like there is nothing that this brotha can do is senseless and defeatist mentality.
You're a.ssuming that he would be able to increase his business and still create the same quality suits by having so many people working for him. I never said there is NOTHING he could do, I'm simply stating that hiring more people or charging more isn't the obvious choice. Don't talk to me like I'm simpleton. I was a marketing major in college and understand how business works. You can't just a.ssUME, that if he did one thing it would increase his profits or business...if he could hire 4 people, he has to pay 4 people, and you're a.ssuming he'd pull in THAT much more money. He might make 10-15 grand more if he was LUCKY, having to pay skilled crafters and that is a.ssuming people would be as interested in a suit made by 5 people as one made by 1 person. ANYTHING he does could change his business for better or worse, and you are looking at it as if it could only get better. You a.ssume theres a market for $4,000 suits made by 5 people, but that might not be the case.
 09-10-2012, 08:49 AM         #42
freakbucket  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
as people have mentioned, if he can get some guys with skills to work for him for less money, he can make way more suits and turn a bigger profit. Most likely easier said then done.

Or, he could move out of NY, to another state where $50,000 a year, with "questionable" tax payments, can have you living like you make $90,000 in NY easily.

despite it all, he works and works hard, with skills...so he gets my props for that.
 09-10-2012, 09:12 AM         #43
Symon  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
'Charge more. That's it'

That boxden business degree.
 5 years ago '09        #44
jasperfect 2 heat pts
space
space
$1,832 | Props total: 602 602
 Deuterion said:
The problem is that he's thinking like a Self-Employed person and not as a Businessman/Leader. You can only do so much as one man so he should be a.ssembling a team of skilled people who can replicate these suits so that he can produce more than two a month. Once you build a working system you start setting yourself up for the day where you can walk away from your business but still have it generate money.
I'm gald you read the whole thing and re wrote his dream. Good job.
 09-10-2012, 10:56 AM         #45
escay_muzik  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 DrX said:
thats what he get for not getting employees
Yea this dude needs some advice....He needs to start hiring people and training muthafu*kas if he wants to do that sh*t or he needs to charge a lil more or find better deals on materials....buy materials in bulk or fabric.....etc etc....damn...son...
 5 years ago '08        #46
Kewop Decam 81 heat pts81
space
space
space
$15,998 | Props total: 9803 9803
 DiceKeepah said:
Wow 2 suits a month. Thats crazy..

Much respect to him and his talent.
It's not that crazy. They said it takes 75-80 hours to make one. That's typical job hours.

He is pricing them extremely wrong though. If at the end of the year he makes only 50K a year, he's a bad business man. He should be making about 120K or MORE because he has to pay for his healthcare/401K. He does something very FEW people can do well.

He's playing himself.
 5 years ago '09        #47
just2intense 14 heat pts14
space
space
$1,095 | Props total: 161 161
Passion and skill mixed
 5 years ago '11        #48
NateRight 8 heat pts
space
space
$4,448 | Props total: 717 717
 01seay said:
1 Month = 30 Days = 720 Hours

1 Suit = 75 hours / 2 Suits = 150 hours

720 / 150 = 4.8 = ~ 5 hours a day for 2 suits

5 hours a day * 30 days = 150 hours

Lookin back on it now i realized i didnt include weekends. I he doin weekends 5 hours a day ain bad. But what does he do for the rest of his day then? Hopefully figuring out ways to make his business grow
 09-10-2012, 11:32 AM         #49
DrX  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 kingpin222 said:
lol look at these dumb n*ggas in here who don't understand that he spent 10 years as an apprentice to learn his craft and he can't just "bring in people" to make it easier. That would if anything slow down the process. He can't just "charge more" he might lose business and end up breaking even. I can't believe so many people don't understand what it means to be a master craftsman...he sells an expensive product to a certain clientele.
spoken like a true employee....now a business man would say fu*k craft....how can i cut expenses and make more and expand
 5 years ago '08        #50
Sowhat 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$1,571 | Props total: 1 1
He could probably charge 5-10k for them joints.
 5 years ago '09        #51
KNerd 2 heat pts
space
space
space
$524 | Props total: 1 1
 DrX said:
spoken like a true employee....now a business man would say fu*k craft....how can i cut expenses and make more and expand
By cutting quality. In doing so making his suits no different than the rest
 5 years ago '09        #52
autotm 5 heat pts
space
space
$1,075 | Props total: 441 441
Nobody realizes how much his expenses are???? dude spending upwards of 40k+ on materials and a years of work hours to profit 50k. I understand he love his job but he working a.ss backwards
 5 years ago '04        #53
Rillest 5 heat pts
space
space
$457 | Props total: 63 63
I agree with what everyone is saying; in that he can definitely be churning out more production-wise, but it might be easier said than done in his case.

We don't know the ins and outs of his current monthly overheads and he might be paying out more than he's actually retaining at the moment. Clearly he's not in the position to go the extra mile right now. Hiring workers can alleviate one problem but can also create another but on a much larger scale.

Things like additional equipment costs, higher cost in utilities, a larger workspace/office, an accountant to do payroll and more salaries are all things he would have to consider before hand. He needs a financial adviser to go in and look at his ENTIRE situation, go over the books and numbers with him and look at all the ways he can improve on his efficiency and ultimately make more profits and take his business to the next level. Making an informed decision from a business professional should be his first step to making that dream a reality.
 5 years ago '09        #54
klm1015 10 heat pts10
space
space
$5,689 | Props total: 189 189
 mistatnn said:
Easy problem to fix!

-Charge more
-Create more of a business. Hire employees so production will speed up.
-Buy more of the cotton to create less cost

Hes in New York City. Im sure some type of tailor would highly appreciate a n*gga like this working in their store. He should be making at least 100k a year

Maybe he should consider moving somewhere cheaper then scheduling 1 week per month to fit people that wants suits in the city.
most good suits are made with wool
 5 years ago '04        #55
teekarow 2 heat pts
space
space
$2,252 | Props total: 716 716
 mistatnn said:
Easy problem to fix!

-Charge more
-Create more of a business. Hire employees so production will speed up.
-Buy more of the cotton to create less cost

Hes in New York City. Im sure some type of tailor would highly appreciate a n*gga like this working in their store. He should be making at least 100k a year

Maybe he should consider moving somewhere cheaper then scheduling 1 week per month to fit people that wants suits in the city.
 5 years ago '04        #56
teekarow 2 heat pts
space
space
$2,252 | Props total: 716 716
 Rillest said:
I agree with what everyone is saying; in that he can definitely be churning out more production-wise, but it might be easier said than done in his case.

We don't know the ins and outs of his current monthly overheads and he might be paying out more than he's actually retaining at the moment. Clearly he's not in the position to go the extra mile right now. Hiring workers can alleviate one problem but can also create another but on a much larger scale.

Things like additional equipment costs, higher cost in utilities, a larger workspace/office, an accountant to do payroll and more salaries are all things he would have to consider before hand. He needs a financial adviser to go in and look at his ENTIRE situation, go over the books and numbers with him and look at all the ways he can improve on his efficiency and ultimately make more profits and take his business to the next level. Making an informed decision from a business professional should be his first step to making that dream a reality.
 5 years ago '10        #57
smokinthe420 4 heat pts
space
space
$15,431 | Props total: 6603 6603
Barney Stinson is probably on his a.ss!!
 5 years ago '04        #58
zcribe 2 heat pts
space
space
$540 | Props total: 81 81
 Broseph Stalin said:
still making most than most americans
Exactly
 5 years ago '04        #59
MosDefinition 19 heat pts19
space
space
$25,078 | Props total: 4425 4425
 Symon said:
'Charge more. That's it'

That boxden business degree.
if he can only make 2 suits per month then he isnt charging enough to begin with

his clientele can afford to pay 4,000 a suit im pretty sure in he told them i have to charge you an extra 2000 a month because of xyz they would understand
 5 years ago '09        #60
TriniSoldier 64 heat pts64
space
space
$49,089 | Props total: 22536 22536
n*gga used to eating mud pies and scratchin his butt in the jungle he probably feels like he got everything he needs in life right now
Home      

most viewed right now
Five MORE women accuse Russell Simmons of sexual misconduct - bringing total t..
138 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
110 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Houston Better Stop Playing With Me 😩
56 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Michael Blackson comes for Kevin Hart, t.i. Comments
166 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside 2 Arrest Made in The Murder of Rapper Chinx
150 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Breaking News: Everyday Struggle W Joe Budden & Akademiks Won't Be Back..
165 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Black thought freestyles on funk flex | #freestyle087
128 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Some confused X Men actors think they won't be Recast :mjlol:
204 comments
1 day ago