Video of Chad Dawson Quitting After KOed by Andre Ward

most viewed right now
 39
Image(s) inside This is what the richest zip code in America looks like
97 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 37
DONT LET THESE TRAPS FOOL YOU! Here's how to effectively avoid them.
39 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 35
Video inside 50 was ready to stab up Suge back in the day
36 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 21
Video inside First she'll break your ankles, then she'll your heart!!!
21 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

Props Slaps
New replies show every 10 seconds
 6 years ago '06        #41
jj01 
space
avatar space
space
$46,701 | Props total: 7699 7699
 JohnDoe said:
am I crazy to think that Chavez Jr is gonna beat Sergio? BTW Ward was not on my radar before this f!ght and thanks to HBO for not charging I got to see a hell of a f!ght. Ward seems like a class act but so did Dawson he just got beat soundly. Both men deserve props for going out and asking for the big time challenge and not avoiding a challenge.

no, he will about 20 lbs heavier and im guessing the ring will be smaller which favors chavez.
 6 years ago '04        #42
dre03 
space
avatar space
space
$10,458 | Props total: 3208 3208
 kevkhalee said:
Why r u disrespecting him like he didn't have to lose all that weight?

Nobody took his soul.
We are talking about a guy that should be f!ghting no lighter than 175
He weighed 187 on f!ght night... The same weight he weighed in for most of his f!ghts at light heavy weight... Ward is just a more skilled f!ghter... Weight had very little if any to do with it... He got outboxed
 6 years ago '12        #43
DontHateDaGreat 10 heat pts10
space
avatar space
space
$12,949 | Props total: 3031 3031
 jj01 said:
only person that has a chance vs ward is dre dirrell.

wondering how u can say he can be beat when he has shown no weakness at all in the ring and can f!ght basically any style. he's the smartest f!ghter behind pbf atm. hes been in total control of every f!ght.
Dirrell can't beat him either. Sure he has the physical gifts but he's as mentally weak as dawson and just has lapses in his focus during f!ghts. Ward would neutralize him like he has done to everyone he's faced and break him mentally. I'd still like to see the f!ght so he can get the credit he deserves. People still tossing out excuses even after this win and bute being KO'd by froch


 dre03 said:
He weighed 187 on f!ght night... The same weight he weighed in for most of his f!ghts at light heavy weight... Ward is just a more skilled f!ghter... Weight had very little if any to do with it... He got outboxed
They just need another excuse to hate on Ward. Underrated in most of his f!ghts and systematically dismantles his opponents. Excuses wont change the outcome tho
 6 years ago '07        #44
240ka 49 heat pts49
space
avatar space
space
$22,787 | Props total: 3010 3010
the weight was too high fo Dawson, Dawson is too fu*king passing and Ward is too damn good for Dawson
 6 years ago '07        #45
r.burgundy 16 heat pts16
space
avatar space
space
$40,204 | Props total: 5342 5342
 dre03 said:
He weighed 187 on f!ght night... The same weight he weighed in for most of his f!ghts at light heavy weight... Ward is just a more skilled f!ghter... Weight had very little if any to do with it... He got outboxed
weight had alot to do wit it.even if u gain water weight,that still doesnt change that u cut weight.its usually when u come down in weight that u hav trouble.see cotto vs pac.but either way dawson is very overrated.i saw that in his glen johnson f!ght.he dont get no props for beat johnson,tarver,hopkins.his best win was adamek
 6 years ago '10        #46
Ant McQueen 17 heat pts17
space
avatar space
space
$13,116 | Props total: 7071 7071
It wasn't the weight. Chad just got overwhelmed. Watching someone on film or having a sparring partner mock their f!ghting style is different than actually being in there with that person.

" I did everything I had to do in camp to prep for this f!ght. He was a lot faster than I thought he would be. He's strong, too. I can't take anything away from him. He really is the best... It was hard to get my shots off. The weight was OK but I'm going to go back to 175 and decide what to do next. Andre Ward is a hell of a champion. " - Chad Dawson
 6 years ago '07        #47
r.burgundy 16 heat pts16
space
avatar space
space
$40,204 | Props total: 5342 5342
 Ant McQueen said:
It wasn't the weight. Chad just got overwhelmed. Watching someone on film or having a sparring partner mock their f!ghting style is different than actually being in there with that person.

" I did everything I had to do in camp to prep for this f!ght. He was a lot faster than I thought he would be. He's strong, too. I can't take anything away from him. He really is the best... It was hard to get my shots off. The weight was OK but I'm going to go back to 175 and decide what to do next. Andre Ward is a hell of a champion. " - Chad Dawson

see chris byrd vs shaun george,jones vs tarver,johnson vs hopkins,cotto vs pac.i came name plenty instances when guys drop weight and lose punch resistance.but either way,dawson isnt that great a f!ghter to begin wit and ward is a bad matchup for anybody.too much holding and usually only throws 1 or 2 at a time.i dont find him particulary impressive.nobody in his division but those overated euro's


he starts off by sayin
"i did everything to make this f!ght.i came down in weight and went to his backyard"

which is why larry asked him right after was he sayin weight effected him.of course he isnt gonna make that excuse
 6 years ago '10        #48
Ant McQueen 17 heat pts17
space
avatar space
space
$13,116 | Props total: 7071 7071
 r.burgundy said:
see chris byrd vs shaun george,jones vs tarver,johnson vs hopkins,cotto vs pac.i came name plenty instances when guys drop weight and lose punch resistance.but either way,dawson isnt that great a f!ghter to begin wit and ward is a bad matchup for anybody.too much holding and usually only throws 1 or 2 at a time.i dont find him particulary impressive.nobody in his division but those overated euro's


he starts off by sayin
"i did everything to make this f!ght.i came down in weight and went to his backyard"

which is why larry asked him right after was he sayin weight effected him.of course he isnt gonna make that excuse
If you're talking about the heavyweight division I agree 100%. That division is completely dried up.
 6 years ago '07        #49
r.burgundy 16 heat pts16
space
avatar space
space
$40,204 | Props total: 5342 5342
 Ant McQueen said:
If you're talking about the heavyweight division I agree 100%. That division is completely dried up.
u think guys like kessler,froch and abraham are impressive.bute isnt euro but he is supposed to be 1 of tha top guys.that division is extremely dry

and i think arthur went back to mw anyways
 6 years ago '05        #50
Bea5T 137 heat pts137
space
avatar space
space
$20,515 | Props total: 207 207
People makin excuses fr chad?

And Chavez jr has no chance against martinez, much less Ward
 09-10-2012, 11:15 AM         #51
S E L F  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I love how when the Super Six started, Kessler and Abraham were like these mythical creatures at 168. Froch being the dark horse to win. Jermain Taylor was the 1B based off his name. Then the throwaways Dirrell and Ward weren't even an afterthought.

Dirrell arguably beat Froch in England, clearly beats Abraham... Ward literally walks through Kessler, Froch, and Abraham...

and all of a sudden they're not good.
 6 years ago '07        #52
r.burgundy 16 heat pts16
space
avatar space
space
$40,204 | Props total: 5342 5342
 S E L F said:
I love how when the Super Six started, Kessler and Abraham were like these mythical creatures at 168. Froch being the dark horse to win. Jermain Taylor was the 1B based off his name. Then the throwaways Dirrell and Ward weren't even an afterthought.

Dirrell arguably beat Froch in England, clearly beats Abraham... Ward literally walks through Kessler, Froch, and Abraham...

and all of a sudden they're not good.
cause 168 is historically a sh*t division.at tha time of tha super 6 ward,and dirrel were just prospects.they were in because pavlik and bute didnt wanna go.abraham hadnt even fought at 168 before tha super 6,taylor was comin up in weight as well.kessler was tha fav because he was tha most accomplished at that weight.in tha end they are solid f!ghters.but euro's f!ght like robots,thats why they dont usually f!ght american f!ghters
 6 years ago '12        #53
West1 
space
avatar space
space
$318 | Props total: 180 180
 Robert Littal said:
A- Dawson called out Ward

B- Dawson then said he would come down in weight and it wouldn't be a problem.

C- Dawson then said he would come to Ward's hometown and it wouldn't be a problem.

Andre Ward wasn't actively seeking out Chad Dawson, Chad Dawson challenged him, Ward took the challenge and beat him so badly he quit.

I am not disrespecting Chad Dawson, he disrespected himself, Dawson made this decision, so has no one to blame but himself.
 6 years ago '06        #54
johnny 2 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$3,180 | Props total: 341 341
 6 years ago '09        #55
xRapHeadx 17 heat pts17
space
avatar space
space
$12,408 | Props total: 1588 1588
 CentsCuZ said:
Some of you cats don't know sh*t about boxing, f!ghting, cutting weight, etc. A seventeen pound cut isn't even out of the ordinary for a f!ghter that weighs 185 lbs. That's absolutely normal in combat sports. Guys that walk around at twenty pounds less than Dawson regularly cut more weight than that and have no problem performing.

The results of that f!ght were a reflection of just how skilled Andre Ward is.
Dawson wasn't walking around at 185...He's walking around at near 200. He was 190 in the ring in the Glen Johnson rematch 3 years ago. He hadn't fought at 168 in almost 7 years.

Ward's gameplan had serious holes, but once he realized Chad couldn't pull the trigger, he got right on him. He charged in behind the jab with his chin up...pretty much begging for the right hook for a southpaw, and Dawson couldn't get off his best punch. When he jumped in with the right, he did so with his left hand down. Again, begging for the southpaw right hook or uppercut. He couldn't move laterally when Ward charged in straight lines. His upper body movement, a Chad Dawson staple, was gone. He was a statue that couldn't defend himself.


Last edited by xRapHeadx; 09-10-2012 at 01:47 PM..
 6 years ago '09        #56
xRapHeadx 17 heat pts17
space
avatar space
space
$12,408 | Props total: 1588 1588
 dre03 said:
He weighed 187 on f!ght night... The same weight he weighed in for most of his f!ghts at light heavy weight... Ward is just a more skilled f!ghter... Weight had very little if any to do with it... He got outboxed
That was water weight. He lost a ton of strength moving down. He showed the signs of being weight drained.

Weak punch resistance: Ward hasn't stopped any world class opponent, and hasn't had anyone in real trouble. Dawson has been in with Adamek,Tarver 2x, Johnson 2x, and Pascal...and was very rarely even buzzed...Yet Ward is hurting him with everything?

Speed and reflexes: Gone. Chad hasn't been a combo puncher in a few years, but his one shots were late and sloppy. The compact right hook he was dialing in against Hopkins and Pascal was sloppy and wide. The snap on his jab and straight left? Gone.
New replies show every 10 seconds
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 18
Image(s) inside This girl is so fcking ugly Oh my but her body A1
130 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 12
May 21 - Dad takes late son's girlfriend to prom, one month after fatal crash
58 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
 10
Motion Capture King Andy Serkis Takes On Jungle Book In First Trailer For ‘Mow..
33 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
 7
Video inside Jose Guapo out here down bad
61 comments
1 day ago
@misc
most viewed right now
 7
Image(s) inside TAYLOR BANNER out here looking like something to eat! 🌱
91 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 6
Image(s) inside Damn! Tina Fey Is Getting Thick
74 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 4
Image(s) inside H1z1 drops on PS4 tomorrow, here’s 11 tips to dominate
58 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
 2
Video inside Lil Tay’s family is coaching her to say the N word.
102 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy