Mike Tyson: If they had big paydays... I'd have chosen MMA over Boxing

most viewed right now
NBA IT OFFICIAL: Lamelo & LiAngelo Ball Have Gone Pro, Sign 1 Year Deal With L..
143 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Akademiks low-key proved he lurks here
42 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside LMAO: Boskoe 100 SPAZZED OUT On Joe Budden!!
60 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Suavementeee Besameee
19 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '05        #41
Vancouver 11 heat pts11
space
space
$2,451 | Props total: 126 126
 Bea5T said:
most boxers don't really make sh*t either

Andre Ward's net worth is only around 2 million and dude is a top 5 f!ghter ATM....
He just got into the top 5 recently, though. You know in the next few years its gonna be big pay days for him.
 5 years ago '10        #42
BIGthingsSON2 2 heat pts
space
space
$1,794 | Props total: 2108 2108
All depends how he acclimates to the ground game. Ive met some nasty boxers who just give up and quit . I've met some who look at the ground game with a true understanding on what they must improve on. You can't really say until you see em on the mat taking those white belt lumps.
 5 years ago '06        #43
Yung Dilla 1478 heat pts1478
space
space
$54,865 | Props total: 25625 25625
What i think dude meant about tyson not surviving wasn't in the stand up because we all know it was pretty much natural for tyson but for everything else bjj, and wrestling.
 5 years ago '04        #44
H.N.I.C. 
space
space
space
$2,946 | Props total: 211 211
n*ggas acting like he would walk in purely a boxer NO Mike got in the ring to be the best and take your soul while doing so no doubt in my mind he would have picked up one or more techniques while already having a solid amateur background and hands of stone
 5 years ago '12        #45
Mattaveli 
space
space
$2,518 | Props total: 2138 2138
Iron mike tyson in his prime would turn these fools into a bloody pile of pus. Anybody who thinks different, is smoking crack. Martial artists can eat a d!ck. BADDEST MAN ON THE PLANT
 5 years ago '09        #46
circleofpurple 58 heat pts58
space
space
$7,898 | Props total: 14002 14002
 Mattaveli said:
Iron mike tyson in his prime would turn these fools into a bloody pile of pus. Anybody who thinks different, is smoking crack. Martial artists can eat a d!ck. BADDEST MAN ON THE PLANT

P.s. nice avy
 5 years ago '04        #47
albemarle 2 heat pts
space
space
$3,141 | Props total: 444 444
you can have a black belt in all the judo you want but in today's mma if you're stand up is garbage and you're facing someone with excellent take down defense and a nice stand up you're going to have a long night. Most mma f!ghters nowadays are going back to boxing skill as a root regimen
 5 years ago '06        #48
RAZAH CUTS 5835 heat pts5835
space
space
$54,036 | Props total: 18797 18797
everytime Tyson opens his mouth these days he does more and more damage to his already highly damaged legacy..
 09-08-2012, 11:25 PM         #49
kevante 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 albemarle said:
you can have a black belt in all the judo you want but in today's mma if you're stand up is garbage and you're facing someone with excellent take down defense and a nice stand up you're going to have a long night. Most mma f!ghters nowadays are going back to boxing skill as a root regimen

09-08-2012, 11:44 PM         #50
Gramzsdfasdfsdf 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 albemarle said:
You have to be well-versed in many disciplines to compete in MMA @ the highest level.

Junior dos Santos started off Kickboxing. His hands are real nice, he probably has the best hands in the HW division.

Jon Jones has a Greco-Roman wrestling background and employs a lot of Muay-Thai in his f!ghts.

Anderson Silva has it all, impeccable Muay-Thai skills and if you take him down, he can very well submit you. He's a BJJ black belt underneath the Noguiera Brothers.

GSP is the epitome of a GnP f!ghter. He has the best takedown in the game, some of the best top control and sub-defense too.

Ben Henderson has a wrestling background. Trained Tae-Kwan Do as a kid and is a brown belt in BJJ under John Crouch, who is a black belt under Royce Gracie.

Jose Aldo has an extensive background in both Muay Thai and BJJ, as most of the Brazilian f!ghters do.

Dominick Cruz is a very good wrestler too, who may use Boxing more than the other current UFC champions (maybe not JDS) that I have listed. He took down strong wrestlers like Joseph Benavidez and Demetrious Johnson @ will.

Those are all the current UFC Champions (HW-135) and every single one of them have grappling skills, whether it's Wrestling, BJJ or usually both. You can maybe argue that JDS has relied on his Boxing to win most of his f!ghts but definitely not for any of the current champs.

Last edited by Gramzsdfasdfsdf; 09-08-2012 at 11:56 PM..
 5 years ago '10        #51
theking1 3 heat pts
space
space
$6,236 | Props total: 11 11
 circleofpurple said:
Tyson would literally k!ll somebody with those Mma gloves. He would shatter jaws and fracture skulls. Real sh*t. Who's that idiot who said boxing ain't complex? If its so easy then why don't all these UFC guys go box instead and make 100 times the money? Boxers make more in one f!ght that most Mma guys make in a career. Lmao. Boxing is so technical it's not even funny.
 5 years ago '09        #52
TriniSoldier 64 heat pts64
space
space
$48,936 | Props total: 22189 22189
 circleofpurple said:
Tyson would literally k!ll somebody with those Mma gloves. He would shatter jaws and fracture skulls. Real sh*t. Who's that idiot who said boxing ain't complex? If its so easy then why don't all these UFC guys go box instead and make 100 times the money? Boxers make more in one f!ght that most Mma guys make in a career. Lmao. Boxing is so technical it's not even funny.
 5 years ago '11        #53
Slingy 56 heat pts56
space
space
$4,367 | Props total: 2788 2788

[pic - click to view]

5 years ago '06        #54
beantown 74 heat pts74
space
space
$23,409 | Props total: 2 2
 PYP187 said:
busta douglas knocked him out with a luck shot right ? what would fedor,jon jones,allistar, rampage do with a lucky shot ?

[video - click to view]

Not sure if serious? Douglas beat Tyson in round 10 and it was by no means "a lucky shot" that did him in.

Tyson in his prime would fu*k around and k!ll someone if he was boxing without gloves. I've never seen him throw a kick either, but I'm pretty sure it wouldn't even get to that point.
 5 years ago '11        #55
box5 
space
space
space
$2,989 | Props total: 14 14
Where I'm from if you kicked in a f!ght you was considered a bi*ch, now these pedicure toe having muthafuccas is special to y'all? And tho I watch some mma they stand up game is straight bi*ch and wtf up with people cheering for equals to pull guard or single leg take downs? Lol
That equal tupac use to lay on his back and kick at equals, to street cats that was a joke but mma made it into a technique! Tupac was ready for the octagon yell™
 5 years ago '05        #56
dblockallday 
space
space
$8,811 | Props total: 1520 1520
i'll say it again... tyson knocked buster douglas out... but the ref have him a 14 second 8 count and then the round ended, saving him. go back and watch it.
 5 years ago '12        #57
Tron Carter 25 heat pts25
space
space
$4,186 | Props total: 1628 1628
 box5 said:
Where I'm from if you kicked in a f!ght you was considered a bi*ch, now these pedicure toe having muthafuccas is special to y'all? And tho I watch some mma they stand up game is straight bi*ch and wtf up with people cheering for equals to pull guard or single leg take downs? Lol
That equal tupac use to lay on his back and kick at equals, to street cats that was a joke but mma made it into a technique! Tupac was ready for the octagon yell™
Not if they kick like this

[video - click to view]

5 years ago '07        #58
nastynoble 6 heat pts
space
space
$1,748 | Props total: 126 126
 MakeItHappen456 said:
I been learning martial arts since I was young, and I had to train people who box they were some slow learners, and could not keep up with my punches, maybe pro's is different.
yeah, its pretty likely the people you were training sucked at boxing also.
 09-09-2012, 06:38 AM         #59
jbownzino 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 nightmare said:
i think you just were working with slow learners period, because based on my on personal experience i can say the same thing about wrestlers, BJJ practioners and Karate f!ghters
This, trained in boxing gym for five years and I have second degree black belt in tang soo do karate. Never saw any real distinctive difference it all depends on personal ability.
 5 years ago '04        #60
.Mase Da Rula.|M 1 heat pts
space
space
$25,670 | Props total: 177 177
wasn't mma when it first started bare handed?

edit: For UFC 14 gloves became mandatory

Tyson bare handed in the early 80's .....

n*ggas would been
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Time Traveler Came From 4127 To Get Away From Child Support
31 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
284 comments
24 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Is Harlem World a Classic?
145 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
72 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
65 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Jayson Tatum’s stats for the month of December so far
53 comments
18 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside fu-k YOU BUNGIE........
45 comments
23 hours ago