most viewed right now
yukmouth responded to gonzoe
22 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Was there ever a bigger weed carrier than SliffStar
119 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '08        #1
6075 pageviews
65 comments

triznathaniel 42 heat pts42
space
space
$5,847 | Props total: 1348 1348
Mike Tyson: If they had big paydays... I'd have chosen MMA over Boxing

[pic - click to view]

http://www.worldboxingnew .. -mma-over.html

7 September 2012
Mike Tyson: I’d have chosen MMA over boxing
Phil D. Jay*
WBN Editor

Ex-champ would have been swayed to UFC for big pay-days

One-time ‘Baddest Man on the Planet’ Mike Tyson may never have entered into the professional boxing ranks if Mixed Martial Arts would have been as popular in the 1980’s as it is today.

The former undisputed king of the ring believes that the style of f!ghting in the likes of the UFC would have suited him more than donning the gloves for the Marquess of Queensberry Rules and money would ultimately have been the deciding factor.

"If they had big paydays, yes, no doubt about it,” Tyson told This is 50 in a recent interview.

“I want to slam them, I want to hold them, I want to choke them. That's what you want to do anyway if you're in a street f!ght right?

"You want to hit them, but you want to get them too, real good. Get them down, get on top of them. So, you have more aspects. If it's not working this way, you can kick them in the f***ing head, you know."

Tyson, 46, is currently travelling the world on the back of his successful stint on Broadway with his hit one-man show ‘The Undisputed Truth’ and has been retired from boxing since a string of defeats leading up to 2005.

The New Yorker was rumoured to be attempting a career in MMA on numerous occasions in the latter part of his career, although the move failed to materialize as the f!ghter turned his hand into acting following the release of his movie ‘Tyson’in 2008.
image My GOAT image

65 comments for "Mike Tyson: If they had big paydays... I'd have chosen MMA over Boxing"

5 years ago '09        #2
TriniSoldier 64 heat pts64
space
space
$49,196 | Props total: 22667 22667
my n*gga would be biting everybody

too bad mma will never be on that level
 5 years ago '06        #3
nightmare 429 heat pts429
space
space
$13,073 | Props total: 37 37
Tyson woulda been VICIOUS in MMA.

would have loved to see that
 09-08-2012, 09:03 AM         #4
PYP187 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
yea tyson would have not survived. You really need to learn different forms of martial arts and I can't see tyson doing that with his brain capacity.
 5 years ago '06        #5
philly337 20 heat pts20
space
space
$29,043 | Props total: 10706 10706
 PYP187 said:
yea tyson would have not survived. You really need to learn different forms of martial arts and I can't see tyson doing that with his brain capacity.

Boxing is one of the hardest things to learn and there is a science behind that tyson believe it or not studied like he was a fu*king chemist every day with cus and understood fully all the aspects of boxing and executed them
 5 years ago '06        #6
space
space
 PYP187 said:
k!ll yaself boxing is EXTREMELY complex, its not just throwing punches
 5 years ago '08        #7
triznathaniel 42 heat pts42 OP
space
space
$5,847 | Props total: 1348 1348
 PYP187 said:
One of boxing's most thoughtful and eloquent icons... They say certain things come to a f!ghter naturally, they also say God either gives you wings or gills... So its hard to say that Iron Mike would have picked up BJJ or wrestling so easily, but to say he would be too dumb for MMA?

09-08-2012, 10:32 AM         #8
bigree61 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 PYP187 said:
this is how we can tell you have never been in a f!ght

tyson might have k!lled somebody during ground and pound with those ufc gloves
 5 years ago '04        #9
Budala 418 heat pts418
space
space
$12,325 | Props total: 1301 1301
 PYP187 said:

its early morning and you already snatched the "retard comment of the day" award
 5 years ago '06        #10
Kjizzle03 37 heat pts37
space
space
$25,272 | Props total: 7403 7403
 PYP187 said:
like dude said when he had Cus in his corner and his head on straight, there was little I think Tyson couldn't learn. He did what ever in the fu*k Cus told him to do...his stand up would've been unmatched and with them small a.ss gloves he wouldn't have to try and push them sh*ts back

426 - 200 STRK: 1 l in a row WIN PCT: 68% 11 (0) 
  Career: | Aug 17: 408-255, Rank #9 | Aug 16: 530-318, Rank #23 | Aug 15: 723-350, Rank #21 | Aug 14: 830-506, Rank #15 | Aug 13: 509-349, Rank #8 | Aug 12: 209-112, Rank #25 | Aug 11: 12-7, Rank #173 | Aug 10: 857-514, Rank #19 | Aug 09: 168-132, Rank #58 | Aug 08: 988-553, Rank #6 *
 5 years ago '11        #11
MakeItHappen456 41 heat pts41
space
space
$6,206 | Props total: 1632 1632
 nightmare said:
k!ll yaself boxing is EXTREMELY complex, its not just throwing punches
I been learning martial arts since I was young, and I had to train people who box they were some slow learners, and could not keep up with my punches, maybe pro's is different.
 5 years ago '10        #12
#JewLife 111 heat pts111
space
space
$17,771 | Props total: 7347 7347
would love to see someone try to leg kick tyson and get knocked the fu*k out in the process.
 5 years ago '09        #13
circleofpurple 58 heat pts58
space
space
$7,913 | Props total: 14051 14051
Tyson would literally k!ll somebody with those Mma gloves. He would shatter jaws and fracture skulls. Real sh*t. Who's that idiot who said boxing ain't complex? If its so easy then why don't all these UFC guys go box instead and make 100 times the money? Boxers make more in one f!ght that most Mma guys make in a career. Lmao. Boxing is so technical it's not even funny.
 5 years ago '12        #14
Tron Carter 25 heat pts25
space
space
$4,192 | Props total: 1651 1651
He would have k!lled n*ggas with MMA gloves. That sh*t only covers your knuckles. He would have most likely been a wrestler too...this sh*t sounds scary. Nobody in MMA would sign tho f!ght him lmaoo.
 5 years ago '05        #15
Bea5T 137 heat pts137
space
space
$20,515 | Props total: 206 206
 circleofpurple said:
Tyson would literally k!ll somebody with those Mma gloves. He would shatter jaws and fracture skulls. Real sh*t. Who's that idiot who said boxing ain't complex? If its so easy then why don't all these UFC guys go box instead and make 100 times the money? Boxers make more in one f!ght that most Mma guys make in a career. Lmao. Boxing is so technical it's not even funny.
most boxers don't really make sh*t either

Andre Ward's net worth is only around 2 million and dude is a top 5 f!ghter ATM....
 09-08-2012, 01:30 PM         #16
Gramzsdfasdfsdf 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Would have depended on how seriously he would have took wrestling and BJJ. Wrestling isn't just something you can pick up in a year or so. Highly-skilled kickboxers like Badr Hari have tried MMA and couldn't cut it because of their non-ability to grapple.

Melvin Manhoef can hit like a mack truck but gets submitted with ease when the majority of his f!ghts hit the ground.
 09-08-2012, 01:39 PM         #17
PYP187 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Kjizzle03 said:
like dude said when he had Cus in his corner and his head on straight, there was little I think Tyson couldn't learn. He did what ever in the fu*k Cus told him to do...his stand up would've been unmatched and with them small a.ss gloves he wouldn't have to try and push them sh*ts back
busta douglas knocked him out with a luck shot right ? what would fedor,jon jones,allistar, rampage do with a lucky shot ?

5 years ago '12        #18
Tron Carter 25 heat pts25
space
space
$4,192 | Props total: 1651 1651
 PYP187 said:
busta douglas knocked him out with a luck shot right ? what would fedor,jon jones,allistar, rampage do with a lucky shot ?

They would be too scared to even stand up with him to get a lucky shot. Plus Tyson had good defense throughout his early career and he probably wouldn't have met that dumb hoe Robin Givens to fu*k up his mental and be one the reasons for his downfall.
 5 years ago '06        #19
space
space
 Budala said:

its early morning and you already snatched the "retard comment of the day" award
he finna be on the all-boxden jackass squad this fall
 5 years ago '06        #20
space
space
 PYP187 said:

ur a jackass, mike tyson wasnt even prepared for that f!ght, he got knocked out by his sparring partner right before that f!ght cuz he was wasnt taking it seriously and sleeping on dude, he even admitted that he was drinking and fu*kin japanese bi*ches instead of training
Home      

most viewed right now
NBA Bron and the Cavs been on they sh-t since ...
31 comments
18 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside ‘Saturday Night Live’ and Kevin Hart Deliver One Disappointing Christma..
39 comments
22 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside trust a big butt and smile
41 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside So Maliah blessed us this morning
76 comments
21 hours ago