Saints Suspensions LIFTED??

most viewed right now
Video inside Pierre Bourne says he's responsible for Birthing Tekashi 69 Rap Career...
42 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside 10 Songs That Biggie Recorded But No One Has Found
29 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Nas got the last laugh
77 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside X-MEN return to Marvel Studios in less than 48 hours
60 comments
@movies

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '08        #101
Tecnique 27 heat pts27
space
space
$11,408 | Props total: 154 154
 IeatDatAzz04 said:
What the ****, they intentionally try to injure people and get off with nothing, skins can't even get their cap money back...
 5 years ago '05        #102
StateProperty88 34 heat pts34 OP
space
space
$39,873 | Props total: 8394 8394
 TriniSoldier said:
Wasn't it also included that he has the power to do something, just something potentially less severe? And also aren't salaries guaranteed now? All I know is whatever he ends up doing in retaliation, sh*t will be getting real
either way they can take it to court. i have to look at the particulars but if the nfl showed them the evidence and they still ruled that they overstepped their boundaries, then the players are going to go after the league and they should have a good shot. because guess what happens if it goes to court? the evidence is going to be presented again, but this time you add that a ruling was made against the commish to reinstate the players. and a judge or jury of their peers will decide what's what. i say the players win that, more egg on the face of the commish. but this is all hypothical right now so no need to really deal in it, we'll see how things unfold
 5 years ago '07        #103
st21 1234 heat pts1234
space
space
$55,459 | Props total: 43434 43434
Redskins are going to get blown out by 40 points on sunday
 5 years ago '11        #104
wjcorner 3 heat pts
space
space
$11,802 | Props total: 2667 2667
Damn all those saints fans who stayed true and believed they players won...
 5 years ago '07        #105
vikvon 3 heat pts
space
space
$2,925 | Props total: 376 376
wow, had a feeling something like this might happen when they tried to make a deal with Vilma to drop his case.

Goddell being knocked off his high horse. Wonder if Payton has any grounds to appeal now?
 09-07-2012, 05:45 PM         #106
Sub 0 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 IeatDatAzz04 said:
fu*k the saints n*ggas gon get hit.with another hurricane

[pic - click to view]

5 years ago '05        #107
Fresh|B 976 heat pts976
space
space
$43,428 | Props total: 25075 25075
 IeatDatAzz04 said:
...Shut The fu*k Up and Drown In HIV p!ss Muthafu*ka.
 5 years ago '04        #108
9th ward Bally 1 heat pts
space
space
$7,644 | Props total: 2880 2880
 IeatDatAzz04 said:
Boy, you're just proving you a hoe. Ain't got sh*t else to say, so I'm a say it for you....you's a hoe...proven
 5 years ago '04        #109
biscuit 66 heat pts66
space
space
$19,243 | Props total: 3835 3835
 regularjoe said:
I suppose if Jay Cutler had any heart in the left side of his chest, he could be a target in a big game one day. Oh well.... to dream.
Jay Cutler has more heart in his baby toenail than Aaron Rodgers has in his entire family.

Good day sir...
 5 years ago '08        #110
stlcardinals19 32 heat pts32
space
space
$19,057 | Props total: 4820 4820
 TriniSoldier said:
Wasn't it also included that he has the power to do something, just something potentially less severe? And also aren't salaries guaranteed now? All I know is whatever he ends up doing in retaliation, sh*t will be getting real
I know Goodell usually doesn't take L's this bad, so I know this'll get hella real. I'm not a Saints fans, but my Mom's fam is from Napoleonsville, so I got some interest in the whole situation.
 5 years ago '09        #111
CutKidd21 7 heat pts
space
space
$12,134 | Props total: 170 170
I hate the saints but I hate goddell's a.ss more

good sh*t
 5 years ago '07        #112
sonof504 3 heat pts
space
space
$5,922 | Props total: 86 86
 CutKidd21 said:
I hate the saints but I hate goddell's a.ss more

good sh*t
no doubt. this affects the league as a whole not just the Saints. If he got away with this sh*t just imagine the power trip he would be on.
 5 years ago '08        #113
LegalTrappeRx 39 heat pts39
space
space
$9,703 | Props total: 91 91
The thing that I can't believe is that people are still believing that our team was trying to injure people
 5 years ago '04        #114
hockeythug 66 heat pts66
space
space
$19,303 | Props total: 846 846
Reinstated players could end up suspended again, eventually

From a P.R. perspective, Friday’s ruling from an internal appeals panel amounts to a huge win for the Saints and the players suspended as part of the alleged bounty program. From a legal perspective, the end result could be the same, eventually.

The ruling, made not by a court but as part of the Collective Bargaining Agreement’s internal procedures, sets the process back to square one and requires Commissioner Roger Goodell to impose discipline from scratch, with a requirement that his decisions stay clearly within the confines of his authority. He has the power to impose discipline for conduct detrimental to the game, but he lacks the power to impose discipline for any salary-cap violations arising from the alleged pay-for-performance/bounty system.

This time, Goodell needs to make it clear that he has remained in his lane.

That’s the import of the ruling. Nothing more. The arbitration panel didn’t determine whether there was — or wasn’t — a bounty program or whether the players may — or may not — be disciplined for their participation in the program.

Instead, the panel said it wasn’t clear from the documents generated by the NFL whether Goodell imposed discipline for conduct detrimental to the game (which he has the power to do) or salary-cap violations (which he doesn’t have the power to do). At this point, then, there’s no reason to think the ultimate outcome will be any different, with Saints linebacker Jonathan Vilma suspended for a year, Saints defensive end Will Smith suspended for four games, Browns linebacker Scott Fujita suspended for four games, and free-agent defensive end Anthony Hargrove suspended for eight games.

Actually, this gives Goodell and company an opportunity for a Mulligan. They can go back to square one and re-do the process in a way that will make it more likely to withstand any and all challenges, in court or otherwise.
 5 years ago '06        #115
DonYBE 3 heat pts
space
space
$3,986 | Props total: 1947 1947
 Andre3stacks said:
Skins still may upset. Most interesting game this weekend tho

[pic - click to view]

You ACTUALLY believe that? In that dome? With the way that crowd will be this Sunday?
 5 years ago '04        #116
noshirtforyou 3 heat pts
space
space
$1,448 | Props total: 0 0
couldnt this happen after week 1? fu*k
 09-07-2012, 08:06 PM         #117
redacted 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Saint's bout to run through the south. I hope Doesn't feel their wrath.
 5 years ago '08        #118
VerbalAssassin 100 heat pts100
space
space
$16,092 | Props total: 2714 2714

League’s internal memo suggests that suspensions will be re-issued
Many are painting the decision to wipe out the bounty suspensions imposed against Saints linebacker Jonathan Vilma, Saints defensive end Will Smith, Browns linebacker Scott Fujita, and free-agent defensive end Anthony Hargrove as a slam-dunk win for the players.

While it was a victory on the surface, it was fairly hollow and potentially temporary.

Apart from the fact that the timing of the ruling prevented the players from practicing in preparation for Week One, the ruling gives the NFL another chance to impose the suspensions in a way that draws clear lines between conduct detrimental to the game (over which Commissioner Roger Goodell has jurisdiction) and salary-cap violations arising from a pay-for-performance/bounty system (over which Goodell has no jurisdiction).

There’s no indication that the league won’t simply re-issue the same suspensions. Indeed, the memo sent by NFL general counsel Jeff Pash to the various teams on Friday clearly indicates that the league continues to believe that wrongdoing occurred — and that there whould be significant punishment for it.

“Nothing in today’s decision contradicts any of the facts found in the investigation into this matter, or absolves any player of responsibility for conduct detrimental,” Pash writes. “Nor does the decision in any way suggest what discipline would be appropriate for conduct that lies within the authority of the Commissioner. Per the panel’s direction, the Commissioner will promptly reconsider the matter and make a determination of the appropriate discipline consistent with the standards set forth in today’s decision. All clubs will be advised when that decision is made.”

It would be a surprise if the outcome is anything other than what it already was: a full season for Vilma, four games for Smith, three games for Fujita, and eight games for Hargrove.
 5 years ago '04        #119
regularjoe 58 heat pts58
space
space
$36,337 | Props total: 13010 13010
 hockeythug said:
Reinstated players could end up suspended again, eventually

VerbalAssassin said:

League’s internal memo suggests that suspensions will be re-issued
I posted that a while back, I didn't understand why people didn't read it. Lol.
 5 years ago '08        #120
VerbalAssassin 100 heat pts100
space
space
$16,092 | Props total: 2714 2714
 regularjoe said:
I posted that a while back, I didn't understand why people didn't read it. Lol.
This was just updated. Same thing though. fu*k the Saints
Home      

most viewed right now
Pineapple Pwussy 🍍 😻
57 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside New IG PIcs of Cocain.Lorraine
150 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
224 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
male rape survivor talks about how he got raped twice
67 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
155 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Kojima explains death stranding gameplay and lore
21 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Guy programs old Chuck E Cheese Animatronics to perform Pop Lock and Drop It
55 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
197 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy