Saints Suspensions LIFTED??

most viewed right now
NBA IT OFFICIAL: Lamelo & LiAngelo Ball Have Gone Pro, Sign 1 Year Deal With L..
165 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Akademiks low-key proved he lurks here
47 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside LMAO: Boskoe 100 SPAZZED OUT On Joe Budden!!
68 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Suavementeee Besameee
21 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '12        #41
SDC17 38 heat pts38
space
space
$4,042 | Props total: 583 583
Saints won.

Last edited by SDC17; 09-07-2012 at 03:15 PM..
 5 years ago '04        #42
ghettofied 341 heat pts341
space
space
$21,862 | Props total: 8188 8188
 hockeythug said:
Goodell can still overturn it again. Just has to prove there was intent to injure.
He sure can, the fact they want to f!ght this head to head. Goodell will probably stick to his guns, call in the FBI agents and release the evidence.
 5 years ago '05        #43
iggyemu 
space
space
$24,781 | Props total: 4880 4880
This n*gga Vilma said "Victory is mine" - In his Stewie voice. NFL taking a big L here. I guess Goodell fu*ked with the wrong n*gga.
 5 years ago '08        #44
Tecnique 27 heat pts27
space
space
$11,408 | Props total: 154 154
 Macaroni&steeZ said:
fixed
We'll see
 5 years ago '05        #45
iggyemu 
space
space
 hockeythug said:
Goodell can still overturn it again. Just has to prove there was intent to injure.
That's why we are here now. He can't prove it. He can only prove that there was a pay for performance program not a pay for injure one.
 5 years ago '09        #46
ReggieA 196 heat pts196
space
space
$41,636 | Props total: 2744 2744
Goodell has to be salty as hell at this
 5 years ago '12        #47
SDC17 38 heat pts38
space
space
$4,042 | Props total: 583 583
Coaches and GM's are not legislated by the CBA, therefore their suspensions will still be in effect.
 5 years ago '11        #48
does any 1 care 19 heat pts19
space
space
$5,649 | Props total: 412 412
 hockeythug said:
He can't prove it
 5 years ago '05        #49
StateProperty88 34 heat pts34 OP
space
space
$39,872 | Props total: 8394 8394
 iggyemu said:
That's why we are here now. He can't prove it. He can only prove that there was a pay for performance program not a pay for injure one.
same thing i was thinking. if they have the evidence, then they presented it during this trial, they wouldnt wait. i dont even see how they could overturn this. maybe appeal it, but not overturn
 5 years ago '04        #50
regularjoe 58 heat pts58
space
space
$36,308 | Props total: 12986 12986
Bounty suspensions will now go back to the Commissioner

Posted by Mike Florio on September 7, 2012, 4:07 PM EDT

The players suspended by Commissioner Roger Goodell for involvement in the Saints bounty suspension rightfully have claimed victory.

For now.

Inspection of the four-page summary decision signed by Richard J. Howell on behalf of a unanimous three-person panel reveals that the case will now go back to Goodell. The panel decided that, based on the various overlapping jurisdictions of Goodell and the “System Arbitrator” and others under the labor deal, it’s unclear that the suspensions imposed by Goodell fall within his jurisdiction, and not the jurisdiction of the “System Arbitrator.”

(Confused yet? So are we.)

Actually, it’s not that complicated. The CBA gives different people different responsibility for sorting out different types of disputes. Here, the arbitration panel decided it’s not entirely clear whether Goodell imposed the suspensions under his authority to prevent conduct detrimental to the game or whether he infringed on the exclusive power of the “System Arbitrator” to penalize violations of the salary cap, arising from the fact that money potentially changed hands in connection with the pay-for-performance/bounty program.

“While we agree, then, that the Commissioner had jurisdiction to discipline the Players in this case, we are uncertain that the discipline handed down was attributable, in any part, to that aspect of the Program which lies within the exclusive jurisdiction of the System Arbitrator,” Howell writes. “While we could speculate, it is not clear from the record before us whether had the distinction we draw in mind at the time he disciplined the players.”

It all could, in time, end up in the same place. For now, however, the panel has opted to be careful. “In light of the serious nature of the penalties imposed,” Howell writes, “we believe caution is appropriate.”

Though the NFL eventually may win the war, losing this battle will have an enormous P.R. impact. People will view the Commissioner’s authority as being less than what it may be, and internally the blame will fall on the lawyers who failed to properly draw the lines when drawing up the penalties.
 5 years ago '04        #51
DPGUNIT 1 heat pts
space
space
$10,247 | Props total: 4 4
Bet goddell feels like sh*t
 5 years ago '10        #52
Infamous2o1x 23 heat pts23
space
space
$12,241 | Props total: 101 101
 KeepinItTrill said:
damn that's surprising

wait does this mean Sean Payton's suspension is lifted too?
no goodell couldnt suspend both they said. so coach is still suspended for now. only way players get suspended is if there is evidence shown
 5 years ago '05        #53
iggyemu 
space
space
 regularjoe said:
Bounty suspensions will now go back to the Commissioner

Posted by Mike Florio on September 7, 2012, 4:07 PM EDT

The players suspended by Commissioner Roger Goodell for involvement in the Saints bounty suspension rightfully have claimed victory.

For now.

Inspection of the four-page summary decision signed by Richard J. Howell on behalf of a unanimous three-person panel reveals that the case will now go back to Goodell. The panel decided that, based on the various overlapping jurisdictions of Goodell and the “System Arbitrator” and others under the labor deal, it’s unclear that the suspensions imposed by Goodell fall within his jurisdiction, and not the jurisdiction of the “System Arbitrator.”

(Confused yet? So are we.)

Actually, it’s not that complicated. The CBA gives different people different responsibility for sorting out different types of disputes. Here, the arbitration panel decided it’s not entirely clear whether Goodell imposed the suspensions under his authority to prevent conduct detrimental to the game or whether he infringed on the exclusive power of the “System Arbitrator” to penalize violations of the salary cap, arising from the fact that money potentially changed hands in connection with the pay-for-performance/bounty program.

“While we agree, then, that the Commissioner had jurisdiction to discipline the Players in this case, we are uncertain that the discipline handed down was attributable, in any part, to that aspect of the Program which lies within the exclusive jurisdiction of the System Arbitrator,” Howell writes. “While we could speculate, it is not clear from the record before us whether had the distinction we draw in mind at the time he disciplined the players.”

It all could, in time, end up in the same place. For now, however, the panel has opted to be careful. “In light of the serious nature of the penalties imposed,” Howell writes, “we believe caution is appropriate.”

Though the NFL eventually may win the war, losing this battle will have an enormous P.R. impact. People will view the Commissioner’s authority as being less than what it may be, and internally the blame will fall on the lawyers who failed to properly draw the lines when drawing up the penalties.
So long story short, the panel ruled that Goodell overstepped his boundaries in suspending the players for that amount of games?
 5 years ago '04        #54
dre03 
space
space
$10,167 | Props total: 2448 2448
 iggyemu said:
Nah i don't think that's accurate... I read the players suspension was overturned because it was determined that Goddell improperly used his power during the punishments... I don't think it had anything to do with evidence... I think the evidence is there it's just Goddell has to properly go through the channels to suspend the players for the evidence that was found...

I haven't read anywhere that the decision was overturned due to lack of evidence... I think they will eventually be suspended but Goddell does not have the jurisdiction to perform the bans he placed on those players due to the CBA
 5 years ago '04        #55
regularjoe 58 heat pts58
space
space
$36,308 | Props total: 12986 12986
 iggyemu said:
So long story short, the panel ruled that Goodell overstepped his boundaries in suspending the players for that amount of games?
It still has to be played out. They could still end up being suspended is what I got from the article. (Unless they're talking strictly PR. Which I don't think they are).

It all could, in time, end up in the same place.

Last edited by regularjoe; 09-07-2012 at 03:34 PM..
 5 years ago '04        #56
dre03 
space
space
$10,167 | Props total: 2448 2448
 iggyemu said:
Yeah just saw RegularJoe's post... Good read
 5 years ago '10        #57
Figueroa 34 heat pts34
space
space
$6,402 | Props total: 1403 1403
 Gater said:
fu*k the saints
fu*k you too n*gga
 09-07-2012, 03:34 PM         #58
TimmyGee 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Ohhhhhh sh*t! Bwahahaha! fu*k Goodell
 5 years ago '10        #59
MistaKlean 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,681 | Props total: 200 200
good, so they can get boo'd like a muthafu*ker in every city.
 5 years ago '05        #60
I'm The Dan 7 heat pts
space
space
$11,571 | Props total: 148 148
Wow.

The first time Wilma does an accidental hit that could result in a suspension he's gone for the season. Roger going to watch every Saints game with a magnifying glass and pray that Wilma fu*ks up.

Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Time Traveler Came From 4127 To Get Away From Child Support
37 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
286 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Is Harlem World a Classic?
150 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
76 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
65 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Jayson Tatum’s stats for the month of December so far
54 comments
19 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden at age 26 vs Quavious Marshall at age 26
206 comments
19 hours ago