Breaking Bad vs The Wire vs Dexter vs Sopranos

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
30 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
234 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden at age 26 vs Quavious Marshall at age 26
132 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL Carson Wentz doesnt have a torn acl
112 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Best Show
Sopranos 105 14.69%
The Wire 308 43.08%
Dexter 75 10.49%
Breaking Bad 227 31.75%
Voters: 715. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '04        #201
illmatic45ACP 9 heat pts
space
space
$825 | Props total: 35 35
The Wire, to me, is the best TV show of all time.
I watch Dexter. Its pretty dope. Its not on the level of the Wire tho. It had the potential, but it kinda went left. Tom Hanks son and all the make believe Professor Gellar Edward James Olmos sh*t was whack to me. But the Trinity k!ller, Ice truck/pick murderer, bay harbor butcher.....Those story lines were epic to me.

I've never seen one episode of The Sopranos. I'm about to watch it from the first episode to the last to see if its as good as everyone says it is. I've already watched the first episode...and it was ok. Watching the the 2nd as I type.

Same with Breaking Bad. Never seen one episode. After I finish with The Sopranos, thats definitely on deck.
 5 years ago '05        #202
KingJustin 4 heat pts
space
space
$1,806 | Props total: 190 190
Got to go with The Sopranos I never got into the Wire Breaking Bad is my second but SOA is my favorite and Smallville is my second
 5 years ago '05        #203
Draped Up 84 heat pts84
space
space
$2,862 | Props total: 679 679
Sopranos

probably one of the greatest TV shows of all time

just saying
 09-07-2012, 11:09 PM         #204
bedford1829 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I dont understand why we have to choose (aside from Dexter that is). They all have truly unforgettable characters and they all have truly transcendent episodes that had people at the water cooler talking over and over and over again...

I mean Tony Soprano, Omar Little, Chris Moltisanti, Jimmy McNulty, Paulie Walnuts, Big pus*y, Bunk Moreland, Walter White, Jesse, Marlo Stanfield, Avon Barskdale, Stringer Bell

I mean these shows were great and the characters all carried out personas that thumbed their nose up at America's common conceptions of right or wrong, moral or unethical and most of us love all these shows cause we can see a little bit of our own outlooks on society portrayed in these characters...
 09-07-2012, 11:25 PM         #205
Bob Sacamano 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 topshotta22 said:
n*ggas dont got love for the shield?

gotta go with bb regardless, wit sopranos a close 2nd
I do, its a hell of a lot better than Dexter. As far as a 'cop show' (notice the quotations) its the best ever. The Wire is wayy more than a cop show.

And The Shield had some absolutely HORRIBLE acting in it. Not the strike team of course, but there were a few characters that were just miscast and it sticks out like a sore thumb. In fact, I've never seen a show with such a disparity between acting performances, the whole strike team was outstanding, so was Aceveda, the guest appearances from Forrest Whitaker and Glen Close were AMAZING!!! But Julien? Motherfu*ker is one of the worst fu*king actors I've ever seen on a TV screen, and he's basically a main character.

Still an all time great show, but like others have said definitely 2nd tier. 1st tier is all about Sopranos-Wire-Breaking Bad.

Last edited by Bob Sacamano; 09-08-2012 at 12:02 AM..
 5 years ago '05        #206
WCIB 111 heat pts111
space
space
$25,227 | Props total: 9630 9630
One of these options doesn't belong at all....
 09-07-2012, 11:39 PM         #207
Bob Sacamano 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 bedford1829 said:
I dont understand why we have to choose (aside from Dexter that is). They all have truly unforgettable characters and they all have truly transcendent episodes that had people at the water cooler talking over and over and over again...

I mean Tony Soprano, Omar Little, Chris Moltisanti, Jimmy McNulty, Paulie Walnuts, Big pus*y, Bunk Moreland, Walter White, Jesse, Marlo Stanfield, Avon Barskdale, Stringer Bell

I mean these shows were great and the characters all carried out personas that thumbed their nose up at America's common conceptions of right or wrong, moral or unethical and most of us love all these shows cause we can see a little bit of our own outlooks on society portrayed in these characters...
Damn, great post! We don't have to chose at all you are exactly right, but I guess that's what an internet forum is for. To unnecessarily discuss and debate sh*t.
 09-08-2012, 12:04 AM         #208
Bob Sacamano 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
50 people actually voted for Dexter as the best show outta these 4? Jesus christ...
 09-08-2012, 12:16 AM         #209
bedford1829 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Bob Sacamano said:
Damn, great post! We don't have to chose at all you are exactly right, but I guess that's what an internet forum is for. To unnecessarily discuss and debate sh*t.
Thanks bro
 09-08-2012, 12:38 AM         #210
Trendsetter305 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
super tough choice between Breaking Bad and Sopranos
 5 years ago '10        #211
joeysicko 
space
space
$457 | Props total: 61 61
true blood, dexter and love and hip hop atlanta...

naw the wire by a large margin son
 5 years ago '08        #212
itzjustlogic 52 heat pts52
space
space
$1,151 | Props total: 83 83
 45-Colt said:
Yall are sleeping on OZ

[pic - click to view]

But The Wire is No. 1
 5 years ago '06        #213
Mr Kush 32 heat pts32
space
space
$2,500 | Props total: 906 906
sorry i gotta use caps but The Wire changed this fu*king country...

Breaking bad is still dope as fu*k though. Walt is crazy.

The Sopranos is a fu*king classic as well. Gave a great look into Italian Organized crime. Every week everybody was talking about who got whacked in the last episode.

Its funny because I've seen many many tv shows but these three are my top favorite. The Wire first, Sopranos second. It's unfair to rank BB ahead of the Sopranos, YET. But BB is the #3 show.
 5 years ago '07        #214
Funeral James 24 heat pts24
space
space
$16,474 | Props total: 409 409
Prison break should have made the list but I never watched dexter or the wire...
 5 years ago '06        #215
Mr Kush 32 heat pts32
space
space
$2,500 | Props total: 906 906
 bedford1829 said:

Seeing this list made me So many great and dynamic characters from The Wire, BB, and The Sopranos (Holy Trinity Of GOAT Tv Shows).

fu*k yo spoilers BUT from these great shows moments that had me SHOOK:

The Wire: The deaths of Omar, D'Angelo, Wallace, Stringer Bell, and Bodie had me shook. Michael turning into Marlo was crazy. Seasons 3 and 4 are easily by far the best television ever and will never be surpassed.

The Sopranos: Adrianna, Big pus*y, Vito, Tony B, Ralphie, Bobby and Richie all getting whacked. Tony suffocating Christopher. Christopher choosing the family over Adrianna. But the ending... CMON!!!!!!!

Breaking Bad: k!lling of Gus and Mike, and the scene of the season 5 part 1 finale
 09-08-2012, 01:33 AM         #216
45-Colt 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 itzjustlogic said:
People don't understand before The Wire, Broadwalk Empire, The Sopranos and Breaking Bad that Oz pushed the envelope for shows like this to be put on air. There wasn't no show out there that did that stuff, no show that introduce so many different characters and made it relate. If yall want to talk about characters watch season 1 of Oz. Then yall will no what im talking about. Makes me wanna to go back and watch the it all over again. But it has to wait I'm late bloomer of Breaking Bad been watching it on Netflix.
 5 years ago '07        #217
INFAMOUS 13 heat pts13
space
space
space
$35,778 | Props total: 2740 2740
[email changed - confirm acct by email]
LOST
 5 years ago '04        #218
operationstack 
space
space
$136 | Props total: 46 46
doubt many will agree but "The Shield" REALLY BELONGS in this list. its my all time favorite right there with the wire
 5 years ago '04        #219
operationstack 
space
space
$136 | Props total: 46 46
but on anutha note, i fu*ks with every single show listed in OP
 5 years ago '04        #220
kb2602 
space
space
space
$1,115 | Props total: 28 28
i dont know just could never get into the wire, i remember when it was airing on hbo and black folks would just rave about it to know end, so i downloaded a few episodes and didnt like it at all, to me it was just typical black, hood, drug dealing sh*t ive seen all my life, to each its own but the wire is super overated to me
to me the two best tv series ive ever seen are the shield and breaking bad, take dexter off and the shield should definetly be on that list
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Boskoe 100 tells Trippie Redd,"You Can't Ban No One From L.A. If you fr..
61 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Every retarded thot think they a dime on IG
21 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside dannielledai
24 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Dec 9 - Scientists Create Vitamin A-Rich Fruit That Could Save Many Lives
53 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Well Damn quavo is out here clowning buddens again
233 comments
18 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Rick Ross’ Longtime Manager Black Bo Has Died
48 comments
2 days ago