The Official Walking Dead Season 3 Discussion Thread

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
204 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
253 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Rare Pics of B.G. Derrick (N.O. Rap)
91 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
176 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '10        #581
Infamous2o1x 23 heat pts23
space
space
$12,245 | Props total: 101 101
 Nest said:
Thats weird because I heard Kirkman say that if he believed the comics would have lasted as long as they have now then he wouldnt have k!lled Shane off so quickly. He only rushed it because he tried to throw as much intensity into the readers as possible in case the comics wouldnt make it another month. Could be a different deal for the show though
that is true he did say that "too" ... but he also stated shane wasnt a main person to him anyway. He stated Shane had to die for Rick to grow and i think they are slowly turning him into that guy we all hope he turns into... but he will be at a 100% if you know what i mean (dont want to spoil anything eve though i think it was already mentioned on bx)
 5 years ago '05        #582
ReppinDaBurghh 55 heat pts55
space
space
$53,446 | Props total: 7088 7088
 MosDefinition said:
again you cant even come up with an argument against what i said so im done talking about that bullsh*t piece of proganda and going back and forth with you about it so respond or dont respond with another insult because im done

if you want to watch a show that was actually good and dealt with terrorism and islam watch sleeper cell which sh*ts all over that show

I loved Sleeper Cell, but Homeland is better than it

And at you spewing propaganda bullsh*t again.

Take off the tin foil hat.

You're probably just mad because you're Muslim or something. And if you're Muslim, that's a joke as well, so I could understand your illogical hatred for the show that you mistakenly think casts Muslims in bad light.

5 years ago '05        #583
space
space
 Dee352 said:
the best show on tv
 5 years ago '10        #584
space
space
 House said:
^ Don't spoil or even hint sh*t dog! I'ma be heated
im not one of the people who spoil stuff from the comics... its not gonna happen anyway.

didnt you want to read the comics? did you ever find them on youtube?
 5 years ago '05        #585
space
space
 KarteL13 said:
For the first 2 seasons? He got his chance to shine for a half of season before he became one of the biggest simps in TV history. Fukk outta here.

It has always been Rick > Shane
 5 years ago '12        #586
Nest 19 heat pts19
space
space
$3,665 | Props total: 375 375
 Infamous2o1x said:
that is true he did say that "too" ... but he also stated shane wasnt a main person to him anyway. He stated Shane had to die for Rick to grow and i think they are slowly turning him into that guy we all hope he turns into... but he will be at a 100% if you know what i mean (dont want to spoil anything eve though i think it was already mentioned on bx)
I agree. Shane had to fu*k his wife and then pay the price to see Rick progress. Sounds bad but thats just how Rick Grimes do

But I know what you mean. I know what you mean real good.

5 years ago '04        #587
MosDefinition 19 heat pts19 OP
space
space
$25,077 | Props total: 4424 4424
 Infamous2o1x said:
how you gonna try to correct me when Kirkman himself said what i said... ya know the guy who created it. Kirkman himself said if they had a full season Shane would of been dead alot earlier. Shane was not more ruthless, he was a pus*y, he was a simp who was crazy in love and would k!ll his own best friend.

Shane went on ONE mission to the school to help Carl, if Rick wasnt needed for it Rick would of been on that mission. Shane needed to die by the hands of Rick so k!lling other people wouldnt even be hard for Rick.

Shane is no where near as ruthless as Rick, Rick hasnt fully turned bad yet and he thinks ahead unlike Shane who just reacts.

Rick > Simp Shane
kirkman also said that if hed known the comic would last as long as it has he wouldnt have k!lled shane so soon so we might have gotten something closer in the comic to what we got in the tv show
 5 years ago '10        #588
space
space
 MosDefinition said:
kirkman also said that if hed known the comic would last as long as it has he wouldnt have k!lled shane so soon so we might have gotten something closer in the comic to what we got in the tv show
i already agreed to that idea but doesnt change kirkman'a words of "shane was not so much important but his death was important cause it is what changes rick"
 5 years ago '04        #589
Tastemaker331 46 heat pts46
space
space
$39,164 | Props total: 9591 9591
Is anyone else kind of bummed that they skipped over that neighborhood that the group stayed in for a while?
 5 years ago '12        #590
Nest 19 heat pts19
space
space
 Infamous2o1x said:
i already agreed to that idea but doesnt change kirkman'a words of "shane was not so much important but his death was important cause it is what changes rick"
Just like how I dont think Lori is important but her smelly clam is
 5 years ago '12        #591
Nest 19 heat pts19
space
space
 ErnieB said:
Is anyone else kind of bummed that they skipped over that neighborhood that the group stayed in for a while?
I'm more so bummed that they skipped winter as a whole. I was really looking forward to them taking on the weather conditions in the prison. But I can see why they didnt do it because of shooting schedules and locations and seeing how it probably costs a sh*t load of money to make it snow in the middle of summer/spring.
 5 years ago '04        #592
ThirstiestGamer 62 heat pts62
space
space
$2,237 | Props total: 1 1
 Infamous2o1x said:
and your point? the show doesnt follow the comic thats obvious by now.

its also been known by trailers michonne and andrea are picked up by the gov's men
true. no argument, there.
 10-25-2012, 04:39 PM         #593
s7venwords 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ErnieB said:
I just remembered that if Tyrees comes in, he's gonna be smashing Carol
Yep, and it all goes down hill for her from there.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Posted by Dave Pace Oct 24, 2012
Perhaps the single best thing about THE WALKING DEAD is that it isn’t a show about zombies, it’s a show about human beings and how nightmarish circumstances test their humanity every day. One of the pleasures of the series is watching how these characters cope with the devastated world they’ve inherited, and arguably none have provided a more potent study of what happens to even the best of us in extreme circumstances than Andrew Lincoln as former lawman-turned-leader of a ragtag band of survivors, Rick Grimes.

A man who upheld law and order in his life before, each compromise of his values in the name of protecting the group pushes Rick closer and closer to something his former self would see as less than human. The tension between who he used to be and who he feels he needs to be in order to survive and it is taking its toll on the man and more and more, it becomes apparent that the real battle this season is brewing within Rick Grimes.

A man once hesitant to k!ll zombies has now had to k!ll his former partner and best friend at the conclusion of season two and as season three opens, we see a man changed by this trajectory he is on; a man much closer to darkness. It’s death by a thousand cuts to his conscience as all the little compromises stack up and he edges closer and closer to psychosis.

I had a chance to join in on a conversation with Andrew Lincoln and the talk immediately turned to Rick and the moral challenges facing him this season, his ruthless treatment of the prisoners in episode two, the human cost of their survival and where his breaking point might be found.

Lincoln rolled up his sleeves and got down to business.

“I think his humanity is pretty intact but his ruthlessness, his decision making, has moved into a Shane point of view. There is an uncompromising nature that I think has happened over time to Rick. The other thing to bear in mind is that he is the most isolated, both in his group and in his relationship. I don’t think he is in the most stable—certainly when I was playing it, I wanted it to be this instantaneous, almost Pavlovian reaction to the situation. Certainly, in season one and season two, I don’t think he would have been so quick to make that judgment call.”

“That’s one of the joys of playing Rick. The moral ambiguity of the show is the most interesting part for me—certainly as an actor—because in any other world, any other situation that wasn’t Hell you wouldn’t make these kinds of calls. You wouldn’t be pushed into this corner to make these calls. The thing that dignifies him and helps to justify the situation is the fact that he always has their safety as a priority, so it becomes this sort of selfless act even though it’s incredibly evil. His humanity is never fully taken away from him, although as we go through this season it diminishes and diminishes and that’s all I will say.”

[pic - click to view]

When the talk shifted to the specifics of this week’s episode, we were treated to more chilling insight into what was happening inside Rick Grimes as he ran off to chase down one of the escaped prisoners in a reckless move that could have spelled doom for him. Instead, it was a gruesome end for the prisoner as Rick callously leaves him to be fed upon by the shambling hordes.

“I think he’s behaving, certainly there, in an incredibly irrational and reckless way. I wanted that to be the case. I wanted it to feel like he was almost like a serial k!ller running after his prey like AMERICAN PSYCHO. I think over the course of this season people start to doubt many things in Rick, but certainly his decision making as a leader is very much called into question.”

How aware is Rick of his steady march to the brink of his own humanity? How heavy is the burden of his guilt and his fears about the growing doubts of his party? Certainly, the more he knows about his limits the better prepared he might be to see the line he may never be able to cross back from. If he can’t see how close he is to self-destruction, then he just might be the biggest threat the survivors have to contend with.

“I want, certainly over these episodes, to see this deterioration and maybe paranoia happening. He’s one of these people who is constantly beating himself up with this impossible decision making. He is aware of a certain unrest within the group and—it’s very difficult and I’m hesitating because I don’t want to give anything away that happens in the next few episodes but yes, I wanted to sow the seeds of doubt in the first two episodes. There is some decision making that is quickly irrational and choices that he makes that, like in a classic Greek tragedy, come back to haunt him. He is sort of coming apart but doing this very good impersonation of someone who is holding it together at the moment. I’m interested in seeing where his breaking point is.”

This is what fascinates about Rick Grimes; his grim walking of an ever-narrowing line, like Colonel Kurtz’s proverbial snail on a razor. In episode 302, we were reminded that everyone is infected, that there is a monster lurking in all the survivors that is waiting to be unleashed. There is a monster clawing its way out of Grimes right now and it remains to be seen if the man or the beast will prevail.

Last edited by s7venwords; 10-25-2012 at 04:42 PM..
 5 years ago '07        #594
kyhoopsgoat 418 heat pts418
space
space
$18,667 | Props total: 4416 4416
Link to all comics -->

5 years ago '10        #595
space
space
 House said:
I found them, not on youtube

You want the link? I've read through some of it but haven't in a couple days. I don't know if I want to read it through the comics or watch it in the show.
i read all of them already

i actually didnt read 103 yet... ill do that tonight or tomorrow though
 5 years ago '08        #596
Dy-lan 
space
space
$5,109 | Props total: 256 256
 ErnieB said:
Yeah I was surprised they jumped straight to the prison.
 5 years ago '04        #597
space
space
 Maroon_Tiger said:
Just give it up... T-dogg will prolly smash michonne but thats it... Im kinda glad that the show doesnt follow the comic 100%... The show takes a long hiatus between seasons
just give what up?
 5 years ago '10        #598
2113 36 heat pts36
space
space
$2,362 | Props total: 49 49
 ErnieB said:
just give what up?
Them introducing tyrese into the t.v. show,from what people who read the comic are saying he was supposed to be one of the prisoners,so it looks like we're stuck with T-Dogg,unless that other black prisoner takes on the role of this tyrese chracter,just under a diffrent name.
 5 years ago '08        #599
Nut-In-Honeys 10 heat pts10
space
space
$6,027 | Props total: 5814 5814
Maybe the T in T-Dog stands for Tyrese

or better yet the show just goes in a different direction with different characters
 5 years ago '04        #600
space
space
 2113 said:
Them introducing tyrese into the t.v. show,from what people who read the comic are saying he was supposed to be one of the prisoners,so it looks like we're stuck with T-Dogg,unless that other black prisoner takes on the role of this tyrese chracter,just under a diffrent name.
I could care less about them puttIng him in the show. I just remembered that he was banging Carol in the comics
Home      

most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
72 comments
20 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
62 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
45 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thick as fu-k
55 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
42 comments
19 hours ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Dec 13 - Study: Women rate the strongest men as the most attractive
80 comments
19 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Landlord Accused Of Masturbating On Tenant's Clothes When She Wasn't H..
22 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sorry Em This Not It I Mean At Least You Tried
145 comments
22 hours ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy