Image(s) inside Sorry Em This Not It I Mean At Least You Tried
83 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Warren Sapp blames CTE for sexually harassing woman
73 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden Responds To Fans Saying Jeezy Had Him Scared & Shook On Ever..
75 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Joe Budden says Eminem is using the Plight of Black People as a way to sell re..
133 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '07        #1
9268 pageviews
71 comments

JohnDoe 207 heat pts207
space
space
$12,035 | Props total: 3900 3900
Sep 2 - Bruce Willis Suing Apple

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

Bruce Willis considering legal action against Apple over rights to digital music collection | Information, Gadgets, Mobile Phones News & Reviews | News.com.au

BRUCE Willis is more usually seen escaping from explosions and battling terrorists to save the world.

His latest battle, however, takes him to the considerably quieter world of the courtroom – although he still faces a formidable opponent.

The Hollywood action hero is said to be considering legal action against technology giant Apple over his desire to leave his digital music collection to his daughters.

If he succeeds, he could benefit not just himself and his family but the millions who have purchased songs from Apple’s iTunes Store.

Willis has discovered that, like anyone who has bought music online, he does not actually own the tracks but is instead ‘borrowing’ them under a licence. Most purchasers do not bother to read the details of the terms and conditions they agree to when buying an album, but the small print makes it clear that music bought through iTunes should not be passed on to others.
Since Willis – who occasionally sings with a blues band and has appeared in a video for Damon Albarn’s band Gorillaz – has apparently spent thousands of dollars downloading music on to "many, many iPods", he is keen to be able to hand it on legitimately to daughters Rumer, Scout and Tallulah.

One approach he is reportedly considering is to ask his legal team to establish family trusts as the "holders" of his downloaded music. Another option is to support ongoing legal action in five US states to give downloaders more rights to do what they want with their music.

The legal actions face immense difficulties thanks to the enormous powers Apple established for itself at the start of the digital music age.

It can freeze the iTunes accounts of those it believes are passing on music to others and forbids the transfer of songs to MP3 players other than its own iPods.

Similar problems apply to the digital books that millions download to electronic reading devices such as Amazon’s Kindle.

And, with sales of digital media rocketing, the issues around ownership of the books, music and films involved are affecting more people.

Solicitor Chris Walton said: "Lots of people will be surprised on learning all those tracks and books they have bought over the years don’t actually belong to them.

"It’s only natural you would want to pass them on to a loved one.
"The law will catch up, but ideally Apple and the like will update their policies and work out the best solution for their customers."

Willis’s time as an occasional musician has helped make him passionate about who owns digital recordings.

Originally in a blues band called Loose Goose, he has more recently played guitar and sung with The Accelerators – performing with them in London and for US troops in Iraq.

Willis, 57, had daughters Rumer, 24, Scout, 20, and Tallulah, 18, with ex-wife Demi Moore, 49.
The family has a public-spirited streak that suggests the battle with Apple may be aimed at helping others – the children have spent summer holidays with their parents building a house for the poor in Guatemala.

71 comments for "Sep 2 - Bruce Willis Suing Apple"

5 years ago '06        #2
Storchaveli 94 heat pts94
space
space
$27,981 | Props total: 4004 4004
Good sh*t, Bruce. fu*k Apple and their overpriced/overrated products.
 5 years ago '07        #3
stogz 18 heat pts18
space
space
$41,065 | Props total: 30362 30362
i find that people who support apple are stupid. i will never purchase an apple product.
 5 years ago '05        #4
Based_One 79 heat pts79
space
space
$9,706 | Props total: 6937 6937
Hope Bruce wins this is exactly why I will never be fully on board with digital only merchandise such as game, movies, or music company's can just stop your access because they feel like it.
 5 years ago '06        #5
Yung Dilla 1478 heat pts1478
space
space
$54,886 | Props total: 25675 25675
That's why whatever i get off itunes goes right into a external harddrive that's MY sh*t bi*ch
 5 years ago '04        #6
ShaneDawg 2 heat pts
space
space
space
$2,773 | Props total: 0 0
good lawsuit. i won't go into generalizing about if apple users are "stupid" based on zero facts... but it's nice to see a big celebrity stepping up and getting these voices heard.
 09-03-2012, 04:38 PM         #7
Minister 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
JOHN MCCLAINE

WHO KNOW BOUT THAT DIE HARD 2 ON PS WIT THE GUN AIMIN AT THE SCREEN HOLLA AT ME

BRUCIE

die hard 3 though>>>

that water bottle trick had me like

sam jack was like

09-03-2012, 04:39 PM         #8
Minister 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
aye his bi*ch kinda bad tho
 5 years ago '11        #9
Trolling 64 heat pts64
space
space
$1,947 | Props total: 56 56
Then whats the point of these Digital downloads , might as well get the CD , RIP it to the IPOD and actually own it .
 5 years ago '12        #10
seanie 13 heat pts13
space
space
$1,100 | Props total: 83 83
Bruce Willis is nothing compared to apple.

[video - click to view]

Die hard starfish
 5 years ago '05        #11
Vancouver 11 heat pts11
space
space
$2,451 | Props total: 126 126
 Yung Dilla said:
That's why whatever i get off itunes goes right into a external harddrive that's MY sh*t bi*ch
Better solution: download it illegally.
 5 years ago '04        #12
Propel Water 20 heat pts20
space
space
$19,397 | Props total: 4288 4288
lol fu*k paying for music if it isnt released by the artist independently...
 5 years ago '04        #13
virusrev 
space
space
$1,013 | Props total: 149 149
I only buy cds or used cds. Why people buy a lesser quality product and more restricted product for more money has always been beyond me.

Can't you just burn the mp3s to cd and put those in your cd library? Ain't like apple gonna raid your house when you die to take the sh*t back.
 09-03-2012, 05:03 PM         #14
Throbbin' Thicke 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Vancouver said:
Better solution: download it illegally.
Thats a funny joke Van, I think I speak for the entire boxden fam we all DL music legally through itunes or buy cds from our local retailer
 5 years ago '04        #15
haterade2885 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,780 | Props total: 102 102
buy from amazon drm free mine all mine
 09-03-2012, 05:08 PM         #16
Minister 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i mean bruh, if you not buying itunes records and supporting artists in 2012 you're a lame
 5 years ago '09        #17
A2P89 2 heat pts
space
space
$2,488 | Props total: 54 54
 Awhite87 said:
Thats a funny joke Van, I think I speak for the entire boxden fam we all DL music legally through itunes or buy cds from our local retailer
its the only way i can sleep at night
 5 years ago '11        #18
ShaquilleBrown 10 heat pts10
space
space
$8,785 | Props total: 1346 1346
 Awhite87 said:
Yeah Van we're all upstanding, law abiding citizens here sir
 5 years ago '05        #19
darquecinnamon 6 heat pts
space
space
space
$15,348 | Props total: 152 152
 Based_One said:
Hope Bruce wins this is exactly why I will never be fully on board with digital only merchandise such as game, movies, or music company's can just stop your access because they feel like it.
That's what I'm saying. Hope Bruce wins
 5 years ago '06        #20
homme 59 heat pts59
space
space
$9,367 | Props total: 2081 2081
fake anyways.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
76 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
47 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
290 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
97 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside WTF is Rick & Morty?
113 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside PUBG XBOX ONE Official Thread
156 comments
2 days ago
@games
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Letís keep it real: is she a 6 in your area?
56 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
251 comments
2 days ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy