Steelers vs Bronco's - Week #1 - Sunday @ 8:20/5:20 pm on NBC

most viewed right now
NBA LaMelo could be the youngest NBA player ever at 16?
23 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA Nas got the last laugh
81 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Pierre Bourne says he's responsible for Birthing Tekashi 69 Rap Career...
64 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Drake prepping new LP with another new accent
49 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Who will win this week #1 matchup?
Steelers will win, they are pissed about last years playoff loss 14 23.33%
Denver will win, again 37 61.67%
Both these teams suck, don't care who wins. Tie? 9 15.00%
Voters: 60. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '05        #1
14958 pageviews
621 comments

katalist 229 heat pts229
space
space
$36,999 | Props total: 1318 1318
Steelers vs Bronco's - Week #1 - Sunday @ 8:20/5:20 pm on NBC

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

o DATE: Sunday, September 9
o TIME: 6:20 p.m. MDT
o LOCATION: Sports Authority Field at Mile High
o TELEVISION: NBC (NTL)
o Steelers 2011 RECORD: 12-4
o ALL-TIME VS. Steelers: 13-7-1

Expert Picks =
[pic - click to view]

NFL Football Expert Picks - Week 1 - CBSSports.com Grades, Odds
- 5 to 3 for Steelers

THE LAST TIME:
On January 8, 2012, the Broncos earned their first postseason victory since 2005, defeating the Steelers 29-23 in overtime. On the first play of overtime, Demaryius Thomas caught an 80-yard touchdown for the game-winner.

WHAT TO WATCH FOR: The rematch. The Steelers were one of the league's best teams in 2011, posting a 12-4 regular-season record as quarterback Ben Roethlisberger completed 63 percent of his passes and accounted for more than 4,000 yards passing. Pittsburgh has always been known for its defense, and 2011 was no exception. The Steelers gave up just 272 yards per game, the best mark in the NFL. The season opener in primetime on national television will pit two of the league's proudest franchises in what promises to be a star-studded season opener.

KEY MATCHUP: Pittsburgh quarterback Ben Roethlisberger vs. Denver's pass defense
Cornerback Champ Bailey is a familiar face in the Broncos secondary, but he's surrounded by seasoned first-year Broncos hoping to record their first big plays in the Mile High City. The chess match pitting Roethlisberger and his speedy wideouts against the Denver Corners will be fun to watch.

NOTES: The first regular-season Broncos-Steelers matchup since 2009, when Pittsburgh won 28-10 in Denver…It marks the second consecutive season the Broncos have opened at home after starting the season on the road for six straight years.

Peyton Manning makes Denver Broncos debut vs. Pittsburgh Steelers

The Pittsburgh Steelers have prepared themselves for just about anything that comes their way when Peyton Manning returns to NFL action with a new team.

After he missed last season recovering from neck surgery and was then released by the team he starred with for 13 years, Manning makes his much-anticipated debut with the Denver Broncos against the visiting Steelers on Sunday night in a rematch of last season's playoff thriller.

This will be Manning's first game that counts since Jan. 8, 2011, when Indianapolis lost 17-16 to the New York Jets in an AFC wild-card contest. The future Hall of Famer is trying to downplay his return from multiple neck surgeries while hoping to play well for Denver after the Colts decided to part ways with him.

"I know how hard I've worked to get back to this position and how much time I've put in to rehabbing and how much time I continue to put in," said Manning, a Super Bowl champion and four-time league MVP who started every game for the Colts from 1998-2010.

"I'm going to play as hard as I possibly can, so that's really all I know to do."

Manning and the Broncos will be thrown into the fire against a Pittsburgh team that expects nothing less than the over-the-top hype that's surrounding this contest.

"It was a no-brainer that they were going to put Peyton's first game back on a (Sunday night), and let him play at home," Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger said.

Despite the time off, Pittsburgh also expects Manning to be at his best.

"Guys like him make their reputations in rising up in moments like this," Steelers coach Mike Tomlin said. "He has battled some adversity with injury and being in a new city. We should anticipate his very best. That's what guys like Manning do."

Manning, who is 2-2 - including playoffs - while throwing for 1,079 yards with seven touchdowns and four interceptions against the Steelers, seems excited that his return comes versus a perennial power.

"I've always felt that it's as close to a playoff atmosphere as you can get in the regular season, and playing a tough team like Pittsburgh, playing on prime time, at night, is certainly going to add to the atmosphere," he said.

The Steelers certainly have incentive to play well after losing to the Tim Tebow-led Broncos 29-23 in overtime during last season's wild-card round. Tebow, now making headlines for the Jets, threw an 80-yard touchdown pass to Demaryius Thomas on the first offensive play of overtime to end Pittsburgh's season.

Thomas caught four passes for 204 yards in that contest.

The Steelers were the NFL's stingiest defense, allowing 271.8 yards per game while going 12-4 in 2011. However, linebackers James Harrison (knee) and Jason Worilds (wrist) are banged up and starting safety Ryan Clark will not play because the sickle cell trait he carries affects him at higher elevations.

One thing Pittsburgh should not expect is for Manning to constantly throw the ball after the Broncos averaged an NFL-best 164.5 rushing yards during their 8-8 season of 2011. Willis McGahee leads the way after running for 1,199 yards last year, while Lance Ball, rookie Ronnie Hillman and former first-round pick Knowshon Moreno also are in the mix.

"Everybody thinks that because Peyton is here we're changing everything," offensive coordinator Mike McCoy said. "But we have a system in place."

While the Broncos feel good about their offense, they will be without their leading tackler in four of the last five seasons as linebacker D.J. Williams serves a six-game drug suspension.

Their first test comes against Pittsburgh, which was third in the AFC last season averaging 389.8 yards but ranked in the bottom half of the NFL with 20.3 points per game.

For the second time in three seasons, Roethlisberger surpassed the 4,000-yard mark (4,077) while throwing 21 touchdowns and 14 interceptions. Roethlisberger, who was 22 of 40 for 289 yards with a TD and an INT at Denver in the playoffs, needs 1,411 yards to surpass Terry Bradshaw as the franchise's all-time leader.

He has the luxury of throwing to Mike Wallace and Antonio Brown, who each recorded more than 1,100 receiving yards in 2011. Wallace, who has caught 132 passes for 2,450 yards and 18 touchdowns over the last two years, will start despite ending his holdout for a new contract last week.

Brown caught six more passes for 284 more yards than Wallace over the final eight games of 2011.

"When given an opportunity, he's done it, and done it in a big way," Tomlin said of Brown, who had five receptions for 70 yards in the playoff loss. "We expect that to continue."

Pittsburgh's backfield situation is less clear-cut.

Though Rashard Mendenhall appears to have made enough progress from a torn ACL to see time Sunday, it's uncertain how effective the two-time 1,000-yard rusher will be. Backup Isaac Redman is nursing a sore hip, which means third-year back Jonathan Dwyer could carry a majority of the load in just his ninth NFL game.

One week till the first Denver game! Cannot wait! GO BRONCOS! Im a say Broncos win in a close game by 3.

Good luck to Steelers fans, hope its a good game! Happy as fu*k NFL Regular season football is back! LEGOO!

AVY BETS (6 days):
- Oddjob
- Yinz N Burgh
- katalist
- DaDon23

Last edited by katalist; 09-08-2012 at 10:00 PM..

621 comments for "Steelers vs Bronco's - Week #1 - Sunday @ 8:20/5:20 pm on NBC"

5 years ago '08        #2
Gmengfx 75 heat pts75
space
space
$12,650 | Props total: 1220 1220
oh lets doo it..drug dela muuuzic
 5 years ago '05        #3
katalist 229 heat pts229 OP
space
space
 Gmengfx said:
oh lets doo it..drug dela muuuzic
 5 years ago '04        #4
torious 67 heat pts67
space
space
$81,983 | Props total: 11774 11774
lil early but ok
 5 years ago '05        #5
space
space
 torious said:
lil early but ok
One week before the Week #1 game, dont act like it aint been done many times in the past

Its NFL season mothafu*ka!!! First game is in 3 days on wednesday!
 5 years ago '11        #6
eliwood 143 heat pts143
space
space
$32,935 | Props total: 8786 8786
Well done thread

Son been learning from Freak
 5 years ago '05        #7
space
space
 eliwood said:
Well done thread

Freak been learning from You

5 years ago '11        #8
eliwood 143 heat pts143
space
space
 katalist said:

What's the word on the Dumervil situation
 5 years ago '05        #9
space
space
 eliwood said:

What's the word on the Dumervil situation
From what I have heard we got Doom being ready to go
but Dj Williams got that suspension which I feel is gonna hurt us
 5 years ago '11        #10
eliwood 143 heat pts143
space
space
 katalist said:
Who's been standing out on your D so far? I mean players that may break out this season. And how's that safety situation is it Moore and Carter?
 5 years ago '09        #11
ReggieA 196 heat pts196
space
space
$41,652 | Props total: 2763 2763
Revenge game for the Steelers. This game will be interesting, Mike Wallace will be out there with no camp and no pre-season, and Manning's 1st NFL Regular Season game in a calender year. Going to be a good one. Plus Steelers with a new OC will be another storyline going into this game.
 5 years ago '05        #12
DaDon23 65 heat pts65
space
space
$18,394 | Props total: 8072 8072
 eliwood said:
Who's been standing out on your D so far? I mean players that may break out this season. And how's that safety situation is it Moore and Carter?
So far the rookie Wolfe seems to be a stud on the D-Line he can transition from DE to DT effortlessly. Another player that made waves this pre-season was the rookie LB Danny Trevathan kid is a hard worker and a tackling machine. But that's just pre season so we'll see.

So far though I'd have to give Jack Del Rio the credit for the defense more than one player. The D played with intensity and everyone was flying to the ball on every play. A big difference from previous years.
 5 years ago '04        #13
NoLedge18720 5 heat pts
space
space
space
$27,041 | Props total: 6101 6101
 katalist said:
Nah man we got the super sub woodyard. He beasted last year for us and will shine in djs absence
 5 years ago '07        #14
KeepinItTrill 30 heat pts30
space
space
$49,200 | Props total: 15029 15029
got the Donkeys in this one, think the Steelers are gonna be mediocre this year for some reason
 5 years ago '05        #15
space
space

[pic - click to view]

5 years ago '05        #16
space
space
 NoLedge18720 said:
Nah man we got the super sub woodyard. He beasted last year for us and will shine in djs absence
Woodyard is a beast but DJ Williams I find is very underrated, he plays very consistent and is a huge part of our D. I want us to rip it and I like Woodyard, but with a tough start to the season and Dj Williams sitting down it could be very tough to start the season off strong. I think Doom and Miller are going to have to really step it up.

GO BRONCOS!
 5 years ago '05        #17
DaDon23 65 heat pts65
space
space
$18,394 | Props total: 8072 8072
Honestly if the D can hold up without DJ for those 6 weeks I think it'll help.

Getting one of your best players back on D later on in the season with fresh legs could be a blessing.

He can still practice and everything he just can't play so his conditioning and knowledge of the playbook/scheme is there
 5 years ago '04        #18
NoLedge18720 5 heat pts
space
space
space
$27,041 | Props total: 6101 6101
 katalist said:
Woodyard is a beast but DJ Williams I find is very underrated, he plays very consistent and is a huge part of our D. I want us to rip it and I like Woodyard, but with a tough start to the season and Dj Williams sitting down it could be very tough to start the season off strong. I think Doom and Miller are going to have to really step it up.

GO BRONCOS!
Believe me man I like dj out there better. He is a tackling machine. I'm just saying we won't miss him as much as you would think. And if he doesn't stop fu*king up off the field I could see management moving on with woodyard and the other youngsters. Every time dj is hurt or suspended Woodyard shines out.

I just wish dj would stop being a fu*k up
 5 years ago '05        #19
space
space
 DaDon23 said:
Honestly if the D can hold up without DJ for those 6 weeks I think it'll help.

Getting one of your best players back on D later on in the season with fresh legs could be a blessing.

He can still practice and everything he just can't play so his conditioning and knowledge of the playbook/scheme is there
Yeah hopefully the defense can hold up with DJ out there and hopefully the offense can start strong to, that would be a big help.
 5 years ago '05        #20
space
space
 NoLedge18720 said:
Believe me man I like dj out there better. He is a tackling machine. I'm just saying we won't miss him as much as you would think. And if he doesn't stop fu*king up off the field I could see management moving on with woodyard and the other youngsters. Every time dj is hurt or suspended Woodyard shines out.

I just wish dj would stop being a fu*k up
I agree 100% about wishing he would smarten up off the field, but despite all that there is no denying hes been one of the few players that gives 110% out there on D weither we are getting our a.sses kicked or winning. I hope you are right and Im 100% behind Woodyard but this is my #1 concern for the first half of the season. The presence/experience and the tackles DJ brings will definatly have to be replaced during the start of this season and even for later on if he keeps fu*king up off the field. Hes just a hard player to replace I think, one of those guys that does alot of the little things.

Should be fun to watch, hyped for the season!
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside New IG PIcs of Cocain.Lorraine
154 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
DMV Niggas Get In Here (DC/MD/VA)
53 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now