Image(s) inside Peewee Longway chain supposedly snatched in Macon, Georgia
36 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Israeli "lawyer" with a fatty :kobedatass:
57 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 17 - Do You Do These 5 Things W ur Cellphone That Health Officials..
10 comments
@news

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '06        #61
Yung Dilla 1479 heat pts1479
space
space
$54,919 | Props total: 25871 25871
clark kent told robin to change his name when him and batman had a falling out!
 5 years ago '06        #62
Yung Dilla 1479 heat pts1479
space
space
$54,919 | Props total: 25871 25871

[video - click to view]

5 years ago '07        #63
Jayceon 492 heat pts492
space
space
$27,608 | Props total: 918 918
man yall know that nightwing sh*t ain't happenin
 5 years ago '08        #64
V.R. Nabor 1 heat pts
space
space
$5,167 | Props total: 3216 3216
 pootysmack said:
what feels rushed about it
The fact that they haven't introduce the Heros like Marvel did for one
 09-04-2012, 10:43 AM         #65
billieskeet  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 V.R. Nabor said:
The fact that they haven't introduce the Heros like Marvel did for one
Everyone knows Batman, everyone knows Superman, everyone knows Wonder Woman, everyone knows Flash, everyone knows Green Lantern, even everyone knows Aquaman. The one people probably wouldn't know is Martian Manhunter. The average world audience knows 6 out of 7 characters. That's more than what marvel had.
 5 years ago '09        #66
Scallinno 231 heat pts231
space
space
$1,705 | Props total: 738 738
 billieskeet said:
Everyone knows Batman, everyone knows Superman, everyone knows Wonder Woman, everyone knows Flash, everyone knows Green Lantern, even everyone knows Aquaman. The one people probably wouldn't know is Martian Manhunter. The average world audience knows 6 out of 7 characters. That's more than what marvel had.
Exactly. I've been saying this. Justice League is bigger than the Avengers. You have probably the 2 most iconic heroes on the team, with 3 more very well known and popular characters. To be honest, before RDJ did Iron Man, he wasn't no where near as popular. The only top dog on par with SM, WW and BM was the Hulk. Everyone has always known and loved him. Marvel's big characters are Hulk, Spiderman and Wolverine.
 5 years ago '12        #67
LicensedLegend 11 heat pts11
space
space
$8,631 | Props total: 2141 2141
 billieskeet said:
 Scallinno said:
Exactly. I've been saying this. Justice League is bigger than the Avengers. You have probably the 2 most iconic heroes on the team, with 3 more very well known and popular characters. To be honest, before RDJ did Iron Man, he wasn't no where near as popular. The only top dog on par with SM, WW and BM was the Hulk. Everyone has always known and loved him. Marvel's big characters are Hulk, Spiderman and Wolverine.
That's not the point. Every character in The Avengers was introduced in prior movies, along with the motives of each one. Iron didn't want to join, Hulk was to busy running from the government, Thor was brought back to earth by his father to stop his brother, and Captain America was unthawed and brought into a world that had moved on without him. Loki and what he was after was even in prior movies. The Avengers didn't have to tell a story because it was the conclusion to one. The JL movie is going be the complete opposite. Batman will have to be rebooted in it. Who knows what Man of Steel is going to do. Green Lantern was a box office bust. Wonder Woman can't get a movie/tv show to save her life. Flash, Aquaman, and MM all well known character, but what is their purpose,their story for this particular movie. This JL movie will have to explain all that.

Last edited by LicensedLegend; 09-04-2012 at 12:02 PM..
 5 years ago '12        #68
Nest 19 heat pts19
space
space
$3,665 | Props total: 375 375
It doesn't even phase me that we are constantly getting reboots because I understand that that is just how hollywood works. that will never change. So bring on another Batman for all I care. Saying Nolan is the best and no one can do better than him is kind of dumb. Some little kid out there is going to grow up and make the best one yet lol.

On another hand... All I want is a Batman Beyond movie!!!
 09-04-2012, 12:18 PM         #69
billieskeet  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 LicensedLegend said:
That's not the point. Every character in The Avengers was introduced in prior movies, along with the motives of each one. Iron didn't want to join, Hulk was to busy running from the government, Thor was brought back to earth by his father to stop his brother, and Captain America was unthawed and brought into a world that had moved on without him. Loki and what he was after was even in prior movies. The Avengers didn't have to tell a story because it was the conclusion to one. The JL movie is going be the complete opposite. Batman will have to be rebooted in it. Who knows what Man of Steel is going to do. Green Lantern was a box office bust. Wonder Woman can't get a movie/tv show to save her life. Flash, Aquaman, and MM all well known character, but what is their purpose,their story for this particular movie. This JL movie will have to explain all that.
You're not getting the point. People already know them and they're story. So having a movie is not necessary or needed. Do you really need a movie about Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman to know what they're about and their struggle? You don't need a reboot for individual movies. Their names are big enough to go with a blank slate. People don't need this hand holding you think they do. All people know is Batman or Superman is in it and that's all they need to go see it. The villian really doesn't even matter. The details you're talking about are not necessary. Avengers needed that because the average person did not know Thor and knew even less about Loki. Iron Man didn't become until the last few years, so yes he needed a intro movie. Captain America is popular, but his comics aren't selling crazy, so he needed an intro. So did Hawkeye and Black Widow people didn't know them. Think about it until about 5 or 6 years, you had Hulk and on a lower level Cap who the public knew and who else? They needed intro movies. JL doesn't.
 5 years ago '12        #70
Nest 19 heat pts19
space
space
 LicensedLegend said:
I agree with you on this. I feel as though the JL movie isn't being executed properly. You cant really use the argument of "everybody knows them better" to try and win because that doesnt mean people will still go see it. Green Lantern is a great example, same with Wonder Woman show being cut before it was put out (because she sucks). I give props to Green Arrow for getting his own show but i have serious doubts that it will turn out anywhere near as popular as smallville. Not even remotely. Iron Man wasnt a household name until the first movie. Virtually no one I knew had a clue who Thor was besides "that thunder guy". Basically JLA sucks peepee and the Avengers are the coolest mother fu*kers ever.
 5 years ago '12        #71
Nest 19 heat pts19
space
space
 billieskeet said:
You're not getting the point. People already know them and they're story. So having a movie is not necessary or needed. Do you really need a movie about Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman to know what they're about and their struggle? You don't need a reboot for individual movies. Their names are big enough to go with a blank slate. People don't need this hand holding you think they do. All people know is Batman or Superman is in it and that's all they need to go see it. The villian really doesn't even matter. The details you're talking about are not necessary. Avengers needed that because the average person did not know Thor and knew even less about Loki. Iron Man didn't become until the last few years, so yes he needed a intro movie. Captain America is popular, but his comics aren't selling crazy, so he needed an intro. So did Hawkeye and Black Widow people didn't know them. Think about it until about 5 or 6 years, you had Hulk and on a lower level Cap who the public knew and who else? They needed intro movies. JL doesn't.
So according to your logic, people that already know the story behind characters dont have a need to see a movie about them even though they like them. So why in gods name would they go see a movie about a person who they've never heard of before so they have no way of liking them? It also seems like those movies that "NEEDED" to be made because no one knew anything about them make a lot more money than the ones that didnt need to be made. Fans will be fans. Even the Spiderman reboot which we've seen plenty of times already made money. You dont think people got tired of him already because they "know about him"?? I dont think the publics knowledge of the character has much to do with it. They will see it if the word of mouth about it is good. Awesome character doesnt mean the movie will be too. (Green Lantern).

Last edited by Nest; 09-04-2012 at 12:29 PM..
 5 years ago '12        #72
space
space
 billieskeet said:
I don't know them. I know of them. You a.ssume that just because they are household names that people know there story. By your logic, DC should not be making Man of Steel as we speak. Why tell his story because its already been told before.

Marvel's goal was to, in their words, get the icons out there first. You are kidding yourself if you think those characters aren't icons. Yeah, they are no Batman, and Superman, but still icons none the less. You are also kidding yourself if you think comic book fans are the ones filling up these theaters.

No one is saying a JL movie can't work. Its just that DC will have an uphill battle where as Marvel made sure they climbed that hill before they got to the Avengers.
 09-04-2012, 01:21 PM         #73
billieskeet  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Nest said:
So according to your logic, people that already know the story behind characters dont have a need to see a movie about them even though they like them. So why in gods name would they go see a movie about a person who they've never heard of before so they have no way of liking them? It also seems like those movies that "NEEDED" to be made because no one knew anything about them make a lot more money than the ones that didnt need to be made. Fans will be fans. Even the Spiderman reboot which we've seen plenty of times already made money. You dont think people got tired of him already because they "know about him"?? I dont think the publics knowledge of the character has much to do with it. They will see it if the word of mouth about it is good. Awesome character doesnt mean the movie will be too. (Green Lantern).
I'm not saying whether they should or shouldn't make the movie, that's irrelevant. I'm saying if they need to make the movie to get people to go see it. And they don't. Of course it if they do a intro movie it'll make money, I'm not debating that. I'll go see it myself. If you put Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman in a movie altogether, you would have to be the worst directors, writers, screenplay in Hollywood if it doesn't sell. I'm serious. Green Lantern is different, it had a corny main character and a very pedestrian story among other things. Green Lantern is not as big as the duo or trio. Look at the Superman Returns movie with Brandon Routh and Kevin Spacey. Horrible. Yet, it still managed to gross cover the budget and then make 200 mill after that. That horrible Batman and Robin movie in 97, doubled their budget in revenue.

LicensedLegend said:
I don't know them. I know of them. You a.ssume that just because they are household names that people know there story. By your logic, DC should not be making Man of Steel as we speak. Why tell his story because its already been told before.

Marvel's goal was to, in their words, get the icons out there first. You are kidding yourself if you think those characters aren't icons. Yeah, they are no Batman, and Superman, but still icons none the less. You are also kidding yourself if you think comic book fans are the ones filling up these theaters.

No one is saying a JL movie can't work. Its just that DC will have an uphill battle where as Marvel made sure they climbed that hill before they got to the Avengers.
How does my logic say they shouldn't make the Man of Steel? I never said whether they should or shouldn't make a movie. I said it wasn't necessary for the Justice League movie to do big in the box office. Hawkeye is not an icon, neither is Black Widow. Thor was not an icon before this movie, even after his own movie he wasn't an icon. Yes, Hulk is an icon, Iron Man is becoming an icon, Cap I would say is still an icon. Also, I never said comic book fans are filling up the theaters. Where are you guys getting this from? And even if you don't know their story, you know who they are and how big of icons they are and really that's all you need to get people in the theater. Marvel did those movies because Iron Man was not a household name, Cap needed to be reintroduced and Thor needed to be introduced. Batman doesn't need to be introduced, same for Superman, Wonder Woman and Flash, etc. Now, if they decide to do introduction movies, I'll be happy, I'll watch all of them.
 5 years ago '04        #74
.Mase Da Rula.|M 1 heat pts
space
space
$25,670 | Props total: 177 177
I feel what License is saying... it does feel a bit rushed on the JLA movie but billieskeet is right.. JLA doesn't need what the Avengers needed to be successful...

Superman and Batman are ubertier heroes that don't need origins story or a solo movie to do well

Wonder Woman.. you got a case for it but cast a beautiful women with some acting skill and that logic gets thrown out the door.. look at linda gray the last WW... she is iconic and her show wasnt even on tv back in that day that long..

Flash.... I am worried bout Flash.. just because he is a popular character that has never been done on the big big screen.. yeah it was a couple of corny rip off back in the day but he was never done any justice...

Green Latern should and forever be John Stewart as far as JLA is concern the cartoon sealed it for me

and Martian Manhunter is a easy character to introduce... the movie can be bout him storywise thus satisfying his origin and how the team came together... like in the cartoon..
 5 years ago '12        #75
space
space
 billieskeet said:
I'm not saying whether they should or shouldn't make the movie, that's irrelevant. I'm saying if they need to make the movie to get people to go see it. And they don't. Of course it if they do a intro movie it'll make money, I'm not debating that. I'll go see it myself. If you put Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman in a movie altogether, you would have to be the worst directors, writers, screenplay in Hollywood if it doesn't sell. I'm serious. Green Lantern is different, it had a corny main character and a very pedestrian story among other things. Green Lantern is not as big as the duo or trio. Look at the Superman Returns movie with Brandon Routh and Kevin Spacey. Horrible. Yet, it still managed to gross cover the budget and then make 200 mill after that. That horrible Batman and Robin movie in 97, doubled their budget in revenue.

How does my logic say they shouldn't make the Man of Steel? I never said whether they should or shouldn't make a movie. I said it wasn't necessary for the Justice League movie to do big in the box office. Hawkeye is not an icon, neither is Black Widow. Thor was not an icon before this movie, even after his own movie he wasn't an icon. Yes, Hulk is an icon, Iron Man is becoming an icon, Cap I would say is still an icon. Also, I never said comic book fans are filling up the theaters. Where are you guys getting this from? And even if you don't know their story, you know who they are and how big of icons they are and really that's all you need to get people in the theater. Marvel did those movies because Iron Man was not a household name, Cap needed to be reintroduced and Thor needed to be introduced. Batman doesn't need to be introduced, same for Superman, Wonder Woman and Flash, etc. Now, if they decide to do introduction movies, I'll be happy, I'll watch all of them.
Did you just say Superman Returns made money? That movie cost 270 million to make and that's not even counting what it took to market it. That movie did not make any money. I can't believe you just said that.

I never said Hawkeye or Black Widow was an Icon. Where did I even mention them? BUT... In the Marvel Universe, Iron Man, Thor, Hulk, and Captain America are icons. There is no disputing that. These characters have been around for years. They are Marvel's flag ship characters. Why do you think they got there own movies.

No one is saying DC needs to do introduction movies. All we are saying is that the main reason why The Avengers movie worked so well is because Marvel already fleshed out the characters before they got to the main movie. DC is going in head first. So many things could go wrong when you do that.

Edit: Just because a movie at the box office makes over it's budget does not mean it made money. Especially when you are dealing with a movie with A-list actors and action stars.

Last edited by LicensedLegend; 09-04-2012 at 03:13 PM..
 09-04-2012, 03:45 PM         #76
billieskeet  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 LicensedLegend said:
Did you just say Superman Returns made money? That movie cost 270 million to make and that's not even counting what it took to market it. That movie did not make any money. I can't believe you just said that.

I never said Hawkeye or Black Widow was an Icon. Where did I even mention them? BUT... In the Marvel Universe, Iron Man, Thor, Hulk, and Captain America are icons. There is no disputing that. These characters have been around for years. They are Marvel's flag ship characters. Why do you think they got there own movies.

No one is saying DC needs to do introduction movies. All we are saying is that the main reason why The Avengers movie worked so well is because Marvel already fleshed out the characters before they got to the main movie. DC is going in head first. So many things could go wrong when you do that.

Edit: Just because a movie at the box office makes over it's budget does not mean it made money. Especially when you are dealing with a movie with A-list actors and action stars.
Then how do you know Superman Returns didn't make money. Where is the source, where are the facts?
 5 years ago '09        #77
space
space
The Avengers worked because it was a good movie, the same as any other film. If it was garbage, everyone would've been saying that the formula used didn't work. To me, that's with every film. Some of the Spiderman and X Men films were dope, some not so much.

You really don't have to set up JL like you did Avengers.
 5 years ago '09        #78
space
space
 LicensedLegend said:

Of course they are iconic, BUT they aren't the top of the food chain. Marvel's most popular are Spidey, Wolverine and Hulk. Those and FF are their lead dogs.

But it all comes down to being a dope movie. If it's dope, we honestly won't care if they start whole then break to pieces or go the Avengers route.

That's 1 thing I like about the old James Bond universe. Every film was just like another mission in the career of 007.
 5 years ago '12        #79
space
space
 Scallinno said:
The Avengers worked because it was a good movie, the same as any other film. If it was garbage, everyone would've been saying that the formula used didn't work. To me, that's with every film. Some of the Spiderman and X Men films were dope, some not so much.

You really don't have to set up JL like you did Avengers.
Nor did I say you have to. The reason why The Avengers was such a good movie is because it didn't try to do to much. That movie didn't explain anything. It just a.ssumed that you had seen all the movies prior. The JL movie is going to have to explain all this all while introducing the characters. Marvel didn't have to set up The Avengers, but they did, and it paid off.
 5 years ago '12        #80
space
space
 Scallinno said:
Of course they are iconic, BUT they aren't the top of the food chain. Marvel's most popular are Spidey, Wolverine and Hulk. Those and FF are their lead dogs.

But it all comes down to being a dope movie. If it's dope, we honestly won't care if they start whole then break to pieces or go the Avengers route.

That's 1 thing I like about the old James Bond universe. Every film was just like another mission in the career of 007.
Why are you bringing up Spidey, Wolverine, and FF? Of course they are there most popular. That still doesn't negate the fact that all those previously mentioned are icons in the marvel universe.
Home      

most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
130 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
105 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Kevin Hart X-mad card
88 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
186 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
71 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Matt Damon Is Sharing All His Bad Opinions on Sexual Misconduct
46 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
62 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
124 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy