Bibbyboi's 5/3/1 workout log

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
40 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Breaking News: Everyday Struggle W Joe Budden & Akademiks Won't Be Back..
145 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Some confused X Men actors think they won't be Recast :mjlol:
158 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
NBA LeBron James Covered His Mouth While Talking To Lonzo Ball After The Game ..
93 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '04        #121
bibbyboi 25 heat pts25 OP
space
space
$11,222 | Props total: 2220 2220
Bench- 115 x 5, 155 x 5, 170 x 3, 215 x 5, 235 x 3, 265 x 3*
Bench- 255 x 2 x 2
Bench- 155 x 10 x 2
2 board cgbp- 135 x 10, 185 x 10, 225 x 5
Band Flies- Orange band x 10 x 3
Band Pressdowns- Orange bands x 20 x 2

I been having a hard time with the heavy sets in my workouts so I decided to add a few extra heavy sets after. Also added some heavy cgbp. I really feel it in my triceps when i use the boards.

Switching it up a little next wave. Going 351 and adding heavy singles on the 3's week. Also going to add more plyo's and olympic lifts.
 5 years ago '04        #122
space
space
Deadlift day

Deadlift- 155 x 5, 185 x 5, 210 x 3, 255 x 5, 290 x 3, 330 x 8*
DB Kroc Row- 90 x 20 x 2
Pullups- 15 :(
BB Shrugs- 135 x 10
Good Mornings- 45 x 10 x 2

I didn't think I would get more than 3 on that last set of deads. I was dead on pullups. I barely could get 5 straight. Kept the shrugs light because I was too lazy to pick up any weight heavier than that lol. Also decided to not be a pus*y and add good mornings into my routine. Starting off light. Going to add weight progressively. Never done them before.

Also I been playing more basketball and I think I need to either cut back or start working out later in the day. I been kind of dead during my workouts lately.
 5 years ago '04        #123
space
space
I'm so utterly disgusted with my bench workout today that I'm not even going to post it. Failed on 290 without a liftoff which fu*ked me up then I got a lift off and had it but my partner spotted me before I needed it. I had it but I can't count it now.

All I know is that I'm adding more heavy lifts on bench day and probably adding more benching on my OHP day. My bench should be much higher by now. All my other lifts have went way up.
 5 years ago '04        #124
space
space
Snapped my sh*t up doing deadlifts today. My hip was feeling weird to begin with. Impinged or something. It happens time to time to me. I warmed up until it didn't feel like that anymore. Did my 531 sets. Then went on to heavy singles. Was going for 410, which i've done before, and it felt like my hip popped. Now it's sore and I can't pick sh*t up or find a comfortable position to rest in. Standing feels fine. Laying down and sitting hurts. I'm going to give it a day or two and if it still hurts I'll go to the doctor. Wish me luck.

also been icing it off and on all day. Feels good for a while then hurts again.
 05-11-2013, 01:03 PM         #125
Sid 6point7 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 bibbyboi said:
Snapped my sh*t up doing deadlifts today. My hip was feeling weird to begin with. Impinged or something. It happens time to time to me. I warmed up until it didn't feel like that anymore. Did my 531 sets. Then went on to heavy singles. Was going for 410, which i've done before, and it felt like my hip popped. Now it's sore and I can't pick sh*t up or find a comfortable position to rest in. Standing feels fine. Laying down and sitting hurts. I'm going to give it a day or two and if it still hurts I'll go to the doctor. Wish me luck.

also been icing it off and on all day. Feels good for a while then hurts again.
Based off what you've just described of your pain, I'm pretty sure I did the same thing about 6 months ago. I felt like a sting/snap/pop right above the left of my tailbone in my lower back on my 6th rep at 415. Have you ever heard of "The kiss of death" a.ssociated with deadlifting? It's like a slipped or herniated disc, which CAN happen, but it's not as common as I thought. sh*t scared me to be honest. I love deadlifting and want to do it forever.

I couldn't sleep, get comfortable, or do anything without being in some pain or mild discomfort. It did subside after about 3 or 4 days. I tried to deadlift the next week too (like a dumbass) and did the same thing on my first rep at 315... THEN the next week I DID IT AGAIN and I jacked my ish up at the 225 warm up. I also couldn't squat for about a month without pain.

So I took 4 months + off (from deadlifting) and just started again about 5 weeks ago. Here's the thing... It only took me 3 weeks to get to 455x2 (My PR is 500x2, 515x1), which kind of blew my mind (in the meantime I wasn't deadlifting I was able to concentrate more on squatting and hit my new PR of 415). I'm thinking it had to have been a pulled muscle cause if it was a disc or something how would I be able to get so close to the eight I was lifting previously and so fast too? Then I did a deload week, and couple of weeks ago I was just repping 405 and on the 5th rep I did it again... but the pain and discomfort went away after only two days, and I was able to squat just fine the whole while.

So last night I said I feel okay again, I'm deadlifting. I pulled 405x3, and 455x1 with no pain... then I started repping 315 and on the 6th rep my sh*t cracked in my lower back, but not like a snap, like the way you would crack your neck, or knuckles. So I stopped there cause I was freaking myself out, and the rest of my workout went great. Then I woke up in the middle of the night with back, neck, and leg pain, and now it's all gone this afternoon... So, I don't know what's going on but I gotta deadlift.

Curious to know how your back holds up, post an update k thanks.

Last edited by Sid 6point7; 05-11-2013 at 01:08 PM..
 5 years ago '04        #126
space
space
 Sid 6point7 said:
Based off what you've just described of your pain, I'm pretty sure I did the same thing about 6 months ago. I felt like a sting/snap/pop right above the left of my tailbone in my lower back on my 6th rep at 415. Have you ever heard of "The kiss of death" a.ssociated with deadlifting? It's like a slipped or herniated disc, which CAN happen, but it's not as common as I thought. sh*t scared me to be honest. I love deadlifting and want to do it forever.

I couldn't sleep, get comfortable, or do anything without being in some pain or mild discomfort. It did subside after about 3 or 4 days. I tried to deadlift the next week too (like a dumbass) and did the same thing on my first rep at 315... THEN the next week I DID IT AGAIN and I jacked my ish up at the 225 warm up. I also couldn't squat for about a month without pain.

So I took 4 months + off (from deadlifting) and just started again about 5 weeks ago. Here's the thing... It only took me 3 weeks to get to 455x2 (My PR is 500x2, 515x1), which kind of blew my mind (in the meantime I wasn't deadlifting I was able to concentrate more on squatting and hit my new PR of 415). I'm thinking it had to have been a pulled muscle cause if it was a disc or something how would I be able to get so close to the eight I was lifting previously and so fast too? Then I did a deload week, and couple of weeks ago I was just repping 405 and on the 5th rep I did it again... but the pain and discomfort went away after only two days, and I was able to squat just fine the whole while.

So last night I said I feel okay again, I'm deadlifting. I pulled 405x3, and 455x1 with no pain... then I started repping 315 and on the 6th rep my sh*t cracked in my lower back, but not like a snap, like the way you would crack your neck, or knuckles. So I stopped there cause I was freaking myself out, and the rest of my workout went great. Then I woke up in the middle of the night with back, neck, and leg pain, and now it's all gone this afternoon... So, I don't know what's going on but I gotta deadlift.

Curious to know how your back holds up, post an update k thanks.
It's starting to feel better but I think I dislocated my hip or something. The pain isn't in the middle at all. And it doesn't hurt except for a few range of motions and it's a stinging pain not a muscular pain.

I'm probably going to keep icing every few hours and go in on monday to get it checked out just to be safe. I hope it's not actually dislocated though. I would be able to see it right?
 05-12-2013, 05:37 PM         #127
Sid 6point7 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 bibbyboi said:
It's starting to feel better but I think I dislocated my hip or something. The pain isn't in the middle at all. And it doesn't hurt except for a few range of motions and it's a stinging pain not a muscular pain.

I'm probably going to keep icing every few hours and go in on monday to get it checked out just to be safe. I hope it's not actually dislocated though. I would be able to see it right?
I have no idea but good luck.
 4 years ago '04        #128
space
space
So I've slacked off after hurting my back. Never went to the doctor. Feels better now. Played a lot of basketball since then and lifted a few times. It's been more of a mental challenge getting back in to it. Especially doing squats and deadlifts. I feel like i'm about to snap my sh*t up even though I'm healed already. I'm going to start back up on thursday. Just bumping this thread so I have to start back up and not f*g out again. I'm going to be starting with really light weights and probably doing more of a DeFranco style program for a few months then switch back to 5/3/1.
 4 years ago '04        #129
enetblazin4eva 4 heat pts
space
space
$11,116 | Props total: 597 597

[pic - click to view]

4 years ago '04        #130
space
space
Ok so I been going to the gym again now for about 2 1/2 weeks. After hurting my back and having to coach I really didn't have time to lift. Well I said fu*k it and spent $100 on a 3 month membership at a gym even though I could lift at the school that I coach at for free. It's the only way I know I'll make sure I go consistently. Don't want to waste my money. The good thing about the gym I go to is that they have actual GHR's. Probably the only reason I chose this gym lol.

Been looking back through my logs and damn I've fallen off.

I've been doing more of a Westside style program. I just do a hypertrophy day instead of a speed day. For now at least.

I'll probably head back to 5/3/1 in a little bit.

I'm still having a hard time mentally with deadlifts. I'm paranoid about snapping my back up again. I have a hard time even watching someone else deadlift on youtube. But I'm slowing forcing my way back into it.

My schedule looks like this.

Day 1- Max upper
Bench- Work up to heavy workset.
Some sort of Bench accessory- 5 x 10
Tricep-3-5 x 10
Row- 5 x 10
Rear Delts- 3 x 10-15

Day 2- Max Lower
Squat- Work up to heavy workset
Squat Accessory- 3-5 x 10
GHR or Leg Curl- 5 x 10

Day 3- Random day.
Nothing crazy if I'm tired. Usually abs and delts
Walk or HIIT
If I'm feeling good like today I'll work on power cleans and deadlifts.

Day 4- Hyper Upper
Bench- 70-80% x 10 x 4
Incline or Fly- 3 x 10
Heavy Tri- 4 x 4-6
Pullup/Pulldown- 5 x 10
Biceps- 3 x 10

Day 5- Hyper Lower
Squat(Front or back)- 70-80% x 10 x 4
Single leg- 2 x 10
GHR or leg curl- 3 x 10
Leg Extension- 2 x 10

Day 6-
Delts and Abs
More of an active rest type of day.

I'm not going by the day of the week either. I try to hit max and hyper 72 hours from each other.

So far my major lifts are looking like sh*t but not as bad now that I seen exactly how long its been since I lifted.

Bench- 205 x 8, 245 x 1
Squat- 225 x 10, 275 x 1
Dead- 225 x 3(Seriously have anxiety over this sh*t lol)
Clean-135 x 3 super easy.

Haven't even tried to overhead press yet.
 4 years ago '04        #131
space
space
Hyper Upper day

Bench- Warm up. Then 135 x 10, 155 x 10, 185 x 10, 185 x 10, 135 x 15
Hammer Strength pull down- Plate x 15, plat+25 x 15, 2 plates x 10, 2 plates x 12
DB Fly- 35 x 15 x 2
Tricep Pressdown- I forget the weight but I did x 10, x 10, x 20
DB Shrugs- 2 x 15.

I'll throw in curls on Friday. I felt like sh*t today after the first two movements.

Also I weighed in at 205 today. Don't know how I gained 5 lbs since I started lifting. Guess its time to start counting calories.
 4 years ago '04        #132
space
space
6 March
Hyper Lower-
Front Squats- 5 x 10 x 135lbs
Bulgarian Split squats- 2 x 10
GHR- 3 x 10 bodyweight
Leg Curls- 3 x 10

7 March
Lateral Raises- 5 x 10
Rear fly's- 2 x 10, 1 x 10 + destroyer set
Barbell Curls- 3 x 10
DB Curls- 2 x 10
DB Hammer Curls- 2 x 10

Man it's been a while since I've done some real bicep work. I'll probably do them like this every other week or two.
 4 years ago '04        #133
space
space
10 March

Bench- 255 x 1. I hope it was 255. The bar felt kind of light and the other bars were taken. I'll know for sure next bench session when I use the other bar. It went up kind of easy too.

DB Bench Press- 60lbs x 3 sets x 10 reps

DB Row- 60 x 5 x 10

Tricep Pressdown- 3 x 10

Cable Crossover- 2 x 12
 4 years ago '04        #134
space
space
March 11 Max Lower

Squat- Worked up to 275 x 1. It went up really fast. I'll probably either stick with that weight and go for a triple or up it by 5 lbs.

GHR- 4 x 10 at bodyweight

Leg extensions- 3 x 10(didn't write down the weight)

13 March Upper Hyper

Inc DB Press- 55 x 10, 60 x 10, 65 x 10, 65 x 7(front delt was getting sore)
Hammer Pulldown- 2 plates x 12, 2 plates + 10 x 10, 2 plates + 25 x 10, 2 plates + 25 x 8, 2 plates + 25 x 8
Skull Crushers- Curl bar 25lb plates x 10 x 3
DB Curls- 35 x 10 x 2
Lateral Raise Machine- 3 x 10
 4 years ago '04        #135
space
space
15 March Hyper Lower

Was supposed to be my hyper day yesterday but things came up and I missed it. Went pretty easy today just working on technique mostly since I'll be doing my Max Lower in a couple days again.

Kettlebell Swings- Not sure how much weight and I just did it till I felt warmed up.
Deadlift- Worked up to a triple with 205. It was easy but I haven't deadlifted in about 6 months when I hurt my back. Going to slowly work my way back up and get my confidence up.
Box Squats- 155 x 10 x 4. Worked on technique mostly.
GHR- 3 x 10 with thin orange band for resistance.
 4 years ago '04        #136
space
space
16 March Max Upper

Bench- Worked up to 260. I guess the other bar was the same. Lol. Also it went up pretty damn easy. Surprised my bench is coming along so fast.

Close Grip Bench- 135 x 10, 185 x 6 x 3 sets. Really worked on pausing at bottom and exploding up.

Hammer Strength Rows- Plate + 25lbs x 10reps x 5 sets. Gave my lower back a break and did these instead.

Face Pulls- 80lbs x 15, 90 x 15, 100 x 15. That's actually the heaviest I think I've tried them before. Felt really good. Think I'll try to work around the 100lb range from now on.
 4 years ago '04        #137
space
space
17 March Lower Max

Squat- Worked up to 275 for a triple. Went up pretty easy but I'm saving some for next week.
Box Jumps
Stiff Legged DL- 135 x 10 x 3. Went light. Haven't done them in forever.
Weight Crunch machine- 3 drop sets.
 4 years ago '04        #138
space
space
18 March Active rest day

Was supposed to go in and do some cardio. I have a hard time sticking to one thing in the gym when it comes to cardio. If I'm outside I'm ok with sprints and long walks. But in the gym I can't stay on a machine that long.

Ended up doing about 5 minutes of the rower. 10 Minutes walking on the treadmill. 5 minutes of kettlebell swings. 5-10 minutes hitting the heavy bag. 5 minutes of battle ropes. A sh*t ton of tire flips. Then a couple minutes of sledgehammers. All at what I would consider medium intensity.

I'm glad I did. Never tried the battle ropes before. sh*t is a lot harder than it looks. Same with sledgehammers. I didn't realize I have no clue how to use a sledgehammer on my weak side lol. Strong side was all good. Went to switch sides and was looking retarded out there lol.
 4 years ago '04        #139
space
space
Bench 4 x 10 x 185
Hammer pull down 2 plates 4 x 10
Triceps punch downs orange band 3 x 20
Side lateral 5 x 10
Bb curl 45 x 10, 65 x 8, 95 x 5
Db hammer curl 30 x 2 x 10
Abs

Last edited by bibbyboi; 03-19-2014 at 11:04 PM..
 4 years ago '04        #140
space
space
20 March Lower Speed/explosive day

Did a lot of mobility work.
Did some quickness drills.
Then Standing long jumps.
Box Jumps.

Think my wife didn't realize how competitive I am till yesterday. lol. Her standing long jump was too close to mine so I kept going till I merked hers. lol.

Also I couldn't measure the distance but I can tell it's way way down from before. Need to work on that.
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
65 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
36 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 13 - Bannon looks like a DISHEVELED DRUNK that wondered on stage
15 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
105 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
61 comments
2 days ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
152 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Star Wars Last Jedi Spoiler review
26 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Rare Pics of B.G. Derrick (N.O. Rap)
114 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy