Who’s More Versatile?? Magic Jonson Vs Lebron James

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Nobody pulling out of Jesenia Echeverria :noahohno:
42 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
58 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Drake Says He's With The GOAT
118 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
35 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '05        #81
littlebkknight 
space
space
space
$398 | Props total: 11 11
 GREAT1NE said:
And the answers Lebron, and it's not close. Magic was just a true point guard who happend to be 6'8.
Magic was 6'10 and that's the reason he was able to participate in the jump ball back in 1980

But its still LeBron
 5 years ago '11        #82
cimeon24 
space
space
space
$71 | Props total: 0 0
 Tikyle2 said:
The problem is nowadays people confuse athleticism for skill. Just because LeBron is as fast as Jordan, as big as Karl Malone and as athletic as Barkley people think that equals skills. There are so many facets of LBJ game that needs to be better. Magic's only holes were his 3pt shooting really and the fact that at 6'9" he wasn't quick enough to guard his position.

And let's not act like LBJ shut down Rose. The entire team focused on Rose and it let LBJ play off of Rose to contest his shot late. And when he beat LBJ the entire team collapsed on him and no other Bull could hit a shot. Because if it wasn't the case then LBJ would have guarded Westbrook but he couldn't. Because one if you collapse on him like that KD would k!ll you and two he had to guard KD who still torched LBJ while in immense foul trouble.

Y'all need to be fair when you a.ssess these dudes and not get caught in all the ESPN a.ss kissing hype!

aanother thing what skill did magic have LeBron doesn't?
 5 years ago '08        #83
stlcardinals19 32 heat pts32
space
space
$19,054 | Props total: 4791 4791
 kb2602 said:
lol if you consider winning a coin toss a power move, lakers got lucky otherwise magic would have been in chicago
Magic has been on record saying he'd have stayed in school had Chi-town won that toss though. He wanted Kareem off that bat, then again who wouldn't?
 5 years ago '07        #84
Pistol Peter 33 heat pts33
space
space
$26,679 | Props total: 15 15
magic was a center slash point guard

id leave it there...bron the better player though
 5 years ago '04        #85
kb2602 
space
space
space
$1,115 | Props total: 28 28
 stlcardinals19 said:
Magic has been on record saying he'd have stayed in school had Chi-town won that toss though. He wanted Kareem off that bat, then again who wouldn't?

dont matter the lakers still had to win the coin toss, if chicago would have won, lets say ok he goes back to school, then the next year magic plays for someone else
 5 years ago '05        #86
2 Pistolz 13 heat pts13
space
space
$17,694 | Props total: 8 8
 Lupe Hunter said:
Magic >>> Jkidd >> Lebron

J Kidd to me is the only one who can really be compared to magic IMO

Same game except Magic was taller and I'll say this again

Lebron = 90s Grant Hill

*drops mic*

[pic - click to view]

5 years ago '11        #87
cimeon24 
space
space
space
$71 | Props total: 0 0
 Armen87 said:
magic's court vision and passing was better than lebrons', so was his craftiness.
ok it's supposed to be he was a pg and it's not by much. ill give u craftiness. what else u got?
 5 years ago '06        #88
Supreme7 2 heat pts
space
space
$12,825 | Props total: 1991 1991
do u hear the name fool "magic "
 5 years ago '04        #89
Tikyle2 4 heat pts
space
space
$4,763 | Props total: 1076 1076
 cimeon24 said:
I agree with u 100% but by the same token jus because a person is athletic ablity doesn't mean he does not mean he lack skill. u cant be great in nba and lack either. LeBron my lack some skills but he does not lack skill. I hate hearing that argument cause it's dumb. so Michael Jordan did not have any parts of his game that could have been worked on his whole career, Michael Jordan was not athleticly superior to a lot shooting guards in the league? passing is not a skill? defense is not a skill, good handles not a skill? the Boston game 6 how many lay ups or dunks did he hit out of his 45 points. y'all need to get out this mind set that a smooth looking jumper and dream like footwork is the way for a basketball player to posses skill. im not jus talking about LeBron either I'm talking in general.
I actually think LBJ has a great skill set. But he lacks in places where he could totally dominate (post game). LeBron lacks the ball handling and the passing that Magic had. Comparing LBJ passing to Magic's passing is like comparing LBJ's passing to Rondo or CP3's passing. It's not even close so stop. LBJ sees guys once they're open. Rondo, CP3 and Nash pass guys open. It's totally different.

And also LBJ misses a lot of layups. When he dunks it's automatic but he misses a lot of left handed layups (never understood why he tries to finish left so much). To me LBJ has probably the best skill set in the NBA today. But compared to older school players today's guys just lack the skill set. They are way more athletic now which makes for more highlights but when it comes to hitting a mid range shot or making a bounce pass or even setting a good screen, today's players just are lacking!
 5 years ago '05        #90
heeznutz 
space
space
$2,209 | Props total: 298 298
Majic>>>>>>>>Bron

Bron's D is soft compared to the hand check era . Bron=Barkley.Just imagine Bird,Magic,an Jordan without the hand check .
 5 years ago '11        #91
Kingpin 313 104 heat pts104
space
space
space
$19,222 | Props total: 2617 2617
Lebron not a better passer than magic

Oscar
Magic
Kidd
Lebron
 5 years ago '11        #92
ZeusSlaps 774 heat pts774 OP
space
space
$27,786 | Props total: 2432 2432
 Tikyle2 said:
I actually think LBJ has a great skill set. But he lacks in places where he could totally dominate (post game). LeBron lacks the ball handling and the passing that Magic had. Comparing LBJ passing to Magic's passing is like comparing LBJ's passing to Rondo or CP3's passing. It's not even close so stop. LBJ sees guys once they're open. Rondo, CP3 and Nash pass guys open. It's totally different.

And also LBJ misses a lot of layups. When he dunks it's automatic but he misses a lot of left handed layups (never understood why he tries to finish left so much). To me LBJ has probably the best skill set in the NBA today. But compared to older school players today's guys just lack the skill set. They are way more athletic now which makes for more highlights but when it comes to hitting a mid range shot or making a bounce pass or even setting a good screen, today's players just are lacking!

5 years ago '04        #93
kb2602 
space
space
space
$1,115 | Props total: 28 28
 Tikyle2 said:

excellent points
 5 years ago '11        #94
ZeusSlaps 774 heat pts774 OP
space
space
$27,786 | Props total: 2432 2432
 heeznutz said:
Majic>>>>>>>>Bron

Bron's D is soft compared to the hand check era . Bron=Barkley.Just imagine Bird,Magic,an Jordan without the hand check .
 5 years ago '04        #95
Tikyle2 4 heat pts
space
space
$4,763 | Props total: 1076 1076
 305Lars said:

CP3 on LBJ
"Freak of nature," Team USA guard Chris Paul said this week. "He's, what, six or seven inches taller than me and maybe 60 pounds [heavier] than me. And he can do everything I can do with the ball. Almost."

CP3 (and JKidd) made Tyson Chandler a threat on the offensive end. LeBron didn't do that in this Olympics. As great as he was (he was clearly that teams MVP) who benefited most from his passing? 3 point shooters! I rest my case.

Last edited by Tikyle2; 08-31-2012 at 01:01 PM..
 5 years ago '11        #96
whothebestmc 98 heat pts98
space
space
$19,554 | Props total: 9457 9457
 Tikyle2 said:
CP3 on LBJ
"Freak of nature," Team USA guard Chris Paul said this week. "He's, what, six or seven inches taller than me and maybe 60 pounds [heavier] than me. And he can do everything I can do with the ball. Almost."

CP3 (and JKidd) made Tyson Chandler a threat on the offensive end. LeBron didn't do that in this Olympics. As great as he was (he was clearly that teams MVP) who benefited most from his passing? 3 point shooters! I rest my case.
@ comparing olympics to regular season, cp3 had to make chandler a weapon on the hornets, he didn't have many other options.

Chandler wasn't on the us Olympic team to score, so nobody made him a weapon.

hood135 said:
Aids was Magic's weakness...not defense guy.

And Magic finished at the rim just as effectively as LeBron. Yall get caught up in highlight when Magic was a walking highlight reel.

Jumping higher doesn't make you more versatile when the most athletic and least athletic of the two in question are both getting it done.

Yall acting like Magic didn't straight sh*t on people too.
Yes defense was a weak point of magic's game, aids was more of magics kryptonite.

No magic didn't finish at the rim just as effectively, and not nearly as much. So is lebron, stupid point to make.

Actually jumping higher(along with everything else athletic based) does indeed make you more versatile. In fact it adds multiple ways he can be more versatile. You might need to brush up on what versatile means, because it seems you don't comprehend the words meaning.

Lemme give you an example, so you don't reply with another dumb post that further proves you don't know what you are talking about. Lebron's chasedown blocks, magic isn't fast/quick enough to complete the majority of them, recovering on defense, which would require the speed. For jumping, blocking shots(versatility) of centers which would require a high vertical, magic wouldn't be able to complete. Lebron's strength also adds another place where he is more versatile.

magic did sh*t on people and he is the 2nd best player of all time, but it seems you have versatility confused with who is better all time for some reason.

Lebron is more versatile than magic, there really is no other way to slice it.

Last edited by whothebestmc; 08-31-2012 at 01:28 PM..
 5 years ago '04        #97
IceMan 28 heat pts28
space
space
$3,407 | Props total: 1 1
Won’t even entertain this and disrespect the great Magic!
 08-31-2012, 03:09 PM         #98
WiltTHEGOAT 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Kingpin 313 said:
Lebron not a better passer than magic

Oscar
Magic
Kidd
Lebron
finally some one with knowledge

salute to u legend

big O > bron

magic > bron
 08-31-2012, 03:17 PM         #99
SeaJaiye 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
lebron is what big O wanted to be.............

[video - click to view]

5 years ago '05        #100
AirForce318 
space
space
$12,401 | Props total: 674 674
 Bullseye said:
But Ason Kidd has no J...
he's gotta have something to be 3rd ALL TIME in 3pt shots made tho
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
260 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Boskoe 100 tells Trippie Redd,"You Can't Ban No One From L.A. If you fr..
76 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside dannielledai
36 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Maia Campbell Was Recently Spotted In Atlanta....
43 comments
19 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
NFL CBS James Brown Hairline Is Seriously Making Me Uncomfortable
102 comments
22 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside My Local Newscaster Has The Biggest Damn Head That I've Ever Seen *Pause
96 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside fu-k YOU BUNGIE........
29 comments
19 hours ago
@games
most viewed right now
The Rock has a message for The Avengers
38 comments
22 hours ago