Who’s More Versatile?? Magic Jonson Vs Lebron James

most viewed right now
 185
50 Cent screenshots Holyfathersteve’s thread
170 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 174
Jeezy – American Dream (ft. Kendrick Lamar & J. Cole)
90 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 154
Image(s) inside Michael Blackson comes for Kevin Hart, t.i. Comments
62 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 119
Here is what Disney now owns.
25 comments
@movies

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '11        #61
whothebestmc 98 heat pts98
space
avatar space
space
$19,560 | Props total: 9466 9466
^^

damn son

Calm yourself, typing in all caps just makes you look like a fu*king moron, which is most likely the case but at least knowing that you can somewhat mask your mental deficiencies.


 hood135 said:
Bull! LeBron didn't become a great defender up until a few years ago. They rebounded at the same clip. Magic average .4 more steals. Lebron average .4 more blocks.

How can yall make such claims? Magic guarded 1 thru 5 too and won multiple championships doing it.

And what do you mean as versatile scoring the ball? Magic didn't start shooting threes for real until late in his career. And from two, he had a higher shooting percentage than LeBron. He had post moves (sky hook), could get to the cup, and had a mid range game.

What else is there?
Ok, we will just let you act like magic was anywhere near the defender lebron is now at any point in his career. Defense was always magic's weak spot, if you can't realize that then i don't know what to tell you.

Meaning neither of them were great jumpshooters, and magic couldn't attack the basket the same way lebron can.

Nor was magic anywhere close to as athletic as lebron, adding another way that makes lebron more versatile.


Last edited by whothebestmc; 08-31-2012 at 10:00 AM..
 5 years ago '05        #62
R0R0 22 heat pts22
space
avatar space
space
$5,803 | Props total: 11 11
 lilja808 said:
R U fu*kING SERIOUS LEBRON STILL AINT GOT NO JUMPER. AS HE GET OLDER HE NOT GONNA BE ABLE TO JUMP AND PUSH n*ggaS NO MORE..MAGIC IS WAY BETTER THAN LEBRON.. EVEN THOUGH JORDAN IS THE BEST YOU CAN MAKE AN ARGUMENT FOR MAGIC IS THE BEST... SUPER CLUTCH FROM ROOKIE YEAR. AND YOU GUYS TALKING ABOUT MAGIC LIKE HE CANT PLAY D. WHEN HE DEFENDED AT EVERY POSTION EFFECTIVELY.KEY WORD EFFECTIVELY. THE ONLY THING LEBRON GOT ON HIM IS BLOCKS...AND WHOEVER SAY LEBRON IS EVEN CLOSE A GREAT PASSER AS SHOWTIME LEAVE YOUR ADDRESS SO I CAN COME SMACK YOU PERSONALLY
MAGIC WAS MORE VERATILE OUT THE GATE UNFORTUNALEY HIS CARRER ENDED EARLY
I DONT REALLY LIKE LEBRON COMPARISONS TO OLDER GUYS WHO COULDNT COME ST8 FROM HIGH SCHOOL BACK IN THE DAY WHEN THEY WOULDNT LET YOU..BECAUSE HE HAS A LOT OF EXTRA TIME TO GET IT RIGHT BUT HE HAS MANY MORE YEARS TO GO AND CAN CONTINUE TO IMPROVE SO WE HAVE TO WAIT AND SEE. BUT JUDGING TODAY IN HIS WAT 9TH, 10THE SEASON NO WAY BY THIS TIME MAGIC WAS CONSIDERED A VET MAGIC PLAYED 13 SEASON SO IT PRETTY SAFE TO SAY LEBRON WONT HAVE 5 RINGS BY HIS 13 SEASON BUT HES PROLLY GONNA PLAY MORE YEARS THAN HIM AND JORDAN. BUT HE MUST CONTINUE TO IMPROVE HIS POST GAME AND JUMP SHOT..MAGIC ALWAYS HAD ALL THAT.. O AND BY THE WAY I HAVE NO DOUBT THAT MAGIC AT 6'9 PG COULD HAVE SHUT DONW D ROSE AS WELL BEING A WAY BETTER ON BALL DEFENDER THAN LEBRON CHECK THE STEALS
WHAT MORE DOMINATE THAN WINNING RINGS?
YOU LEBRON FANS NEED A CLUE...HONESTLY HE MAY NOT EVEN BE MORE VERATILE THAN BIRD IN MY OPINON
IM GETTIN TIRED TYPIN
MAGIC ALL DAY
THIS THREAD IS SO DISRESPECTFUL
SMH
preach!!!!
 5 years ago '06        #63
Supreme7 2 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$12,836 | Props total: 1998 1998
magic the 2nd goat..
 5 years ago '04        #64
Tikyle2 4 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$4,770 | Props total: 1089 1089
Stopped reading after dude said he never seen Magic play.

I saw Magic at the Meadowlands in '88. I was a Lakers fan ever since. Magic was a MUCH better ball handler, passer, decision maker and play maker than James. Had a much better post game (even better than the little game LeBron got now in the post) and was a better rebounder.

James is a much better on ball defender, shooter and scorer than Magic was. Magic could score but chose not to unless needed. To me the difference is Magic made EVERYONE better. Not just spot up 3pt shooters. For all the glory people give to James he never made players better that couldn't shoot 3's from his kick outs. James isn't a pick and roll passer or a great passer off the dribble. He's an excellent passer out of the double team though. Oh and Magic lead teams to championships from day 1 in the league.

I just wish James would try and play more like Magic than MJ. He'd be so much more effective. He doesn't have Jordan's offensive skills and k!ller but as strict playmaker he wouldn't need it and could still dominate a game til the end.

Magic > James
 5 years ago '11        #65
cimeon24 
space
space
space
$71 | Props total: 0 0
 erickonasis said:
grew up watching Magic.....this isnt even a contest and its not because i hate Lebron


u give me a choice between Lebron and Magic in their prime and you'd be a fool not to pick Magic.
Its a insult
Lebron cant lead or run a team like Magic could and as far as the passing Lebron should even be compared.



ok here the thing wit that comment. Magic was a point guard so that was his role when had the ball his job was to put teammates in the best position to score , if all else fells then he became the primary scoring option. LeBron is usually the primary scoring. he has the ability and likes to setup teammates. I give magic the edge on that but he should because tht was his job. let's not act like LeBron is not one of the best passers the game has ever seen and can't be held up to the standard of magic. I watched the India and Boston series if miller, Haslem, and battier could have hit an open jumper he would have avg 8 to 9 a.ssists a game. how many times have u seen a guy avg 27 to 28 pts a game and rarely see double teams because he can beat u with his passing and court vision?

get out the 80's and 90'. I luv magic and Jordan. I stay watching clips and old games they played. some of u old heads act these cats can never be surpassed at anything. i agree that in today's age it's sometimes premature but the guys u grew up wit that were the greatest at whatever r not always be the greatest. it's not a knock on them and their legacy, it's progression it's evolution. jus like Jordan surpassed Dr j. the same will happen to him. it maybe LeBron it could a guy who ain't graduated junior high yet. LeBron even Kobe who I hate have put in and r still putting in their work and deserve to mentioned wit the greats like magic and jordan. the numbers and all the other measurables will do it's work. that was not completely directed at u jus a general statement, I jus needed a template to go off of the first part was aimed at u.


Last edited by cimeon24; 08-31-2012 at 10:22 AM..
 5 years ago '05        #66
Blacklock 
space
avatar space
space
$282 | Props total: 3 3
When the kid said, I'm 22 and I've never seen Magic play, I stopped reading.
 5 years ago '04        #67
Tikyle2 4 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$4,770 | Props total: 1089 1089
 cimeon24 said:
get out the 80's and 90'. I luv magic and Jordan. I stay watching clips and old games they played. some of u old heads act these cats can never be surpassed at anything. i agree that in today's age it's sometimes premature but the guys u grew up wit that were the greatest at whatever r not always be the greatest. it's not a knock on them and their legacy, it's progression it's evolution. jus like Jordan surpassed Dr j. the same will happen to him. it maybe LeBron it could a guy who ain't graduated junior high yet. LeBron even Kobe who I hate have put in and r still putting in their work and deserve to mentioned wit the greats like magic. that was not completely directed at u jus a general statement, I jus needed a template to go off of the first part was aimed at u.
The problem is nowadays people confuse athleticism for skill. Just because LeBron is as fast as Jordan, as big as Karl Malone and as athletic as Barkley people think that equals skills. There are so many facets of LBJ game that needs to be better. Magic's only holes were his 3pt shooting really and the fact that at 6'9" he wasn't quick enough to guard his position.

And let's not act like LBJ shut down Rose. The entire team focused on Rose and it let LBJ play off of Rose to contest his shot late. And when he beat LBJ the entire team collapsed on him and no other Bull could hit a shot. Because if it wasn't the case then LBJ would have guarded Westbrook but he couldn't. Because one if you collapse on him like that KD would k!ll you and two he had to guard KD who still torched LBJ while in immense foul trouble.

Y'all need to be fair when you a.ssess these dudes and not get caught in all the ESPN a.ss kissing hype!
 5 years ago '04        #68
wesscoastrydah 1 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$268 | Props total: 4 4
ALL Yall Sound Stupid. Can't Compare Magic To A Dude To Who Only Has One Ring. LeBron Grea But Not On Magic Level, MAgic Changed The Game LeBron Following
#CHURCH
 5 years ago '04        #69
cold_young_thug 40 heat pts40
space
avatar space
space
$9,608 | Props total: 1775 1775
I love threads like this. It really shows the ignorant a.ss people on dis site. Lemme make this clear, if, as part of your arguement for magic Johnson you say he was 5 rings, just fu*kin slap yourself. How can you compare a man who has retired from bball and a man who hasnt even hit the halfway mark? Couple that in with the AMAZING players magic was SURROUNDED by his WHOLE time in l.a compared to his Lebrons temates on the cavs, EXACTLY.

All you can use to compare is stats and general overall ability because alot of things in bball never show up on the stat line but are crucial to a win. Lebron simply has more of that. the ONLY thing i would give magic is his passing ability was SLIGHTLY higher, but so slightly its almost not even worth mentioning, but other than that lebron dominates. Keep in mind magic was a PG. bron is a SF. Magic pretty much outbodied every person at his position, virtually NOONE was as tall as magic at the point alot of those rebounds came simply because he was jumping higher than the person he was guarding.

But Bron does what Magic did, but better, plus some.
 5 years ago '12        #70
dman 4901 38 heat pts38
space
avatar space
space
$6,080 | Props total: 5606 5606
 Tikyle2 said:
The problem is nowadays people confuse athleticism for skill. Just because LeBron is as fast as Jordan, as big as Karl Malone and as athletic as Barkley people think that equals skills. There are so many facets of LBJ game that needs to be better. Magic's only holes were his 3pt shooting really and the fact that at 6'9" he wasn't quick enough to guard his position.

And let's not act like LBJ shut down Rose. The entire team focused on Rose and it let LBJ play off of Rose to contest his shot late. And when he beat LBJ the entire team collapsed on him and no other Bull could hit a shot. Because if it wasn't the case then LBJ would have guarded Westbrook but he couldn't. Because one if you collapse on him like that KD would k!ll you and two he had to guard KD who still torched LBJ while in immense foul trouble.

Y'all need to be fair when you a.ssess these dudes and not get caught in all the ESPN a.ss kissing hype!
this is so true durant is a beast an he still shoot 50 percent over all an poured in 30 a game

the rose sh*t was sad to watch
cause n*gga had the whole heat team on his a.ss



kinda like how boston use to do bron when he was with cleveland





























































































i hate The Gift an The Curse AKA russell westbrook


Last edited by dman 4901; 08-31-2012 at 10:59 AM..
 5 years ago '06        #71
hood135 2 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$8,607 | Props total: 3 3
 whothebestmc said:
^^

damn son

Calm yourself, typing in all caps just makes you look like a fu*king moron, which is most likely the case but at least knowing that you can somewhat mask your mental deficiencies.




Ok, we will just let you act like magic was anywhere near the defender lebron is now at any point in his career. Defense was always magic's weak spot, if you can't realize that then i don't know what to tell you.

Meaning neither of them were great jumpshooters, and magic couldn't attack the basket the same way lebron can.

Nor was magic anywhere close to as athletic as lebron, adding another way that makes lebron more versatile.
Aids was Magic's weakness...not defense guy.

And Magic finished at the rim just as effectively as LeBron. Yall get caught up in highlight when Magic was a walking highlight reel.

Jumping higher doesn't make you more versatile when the most athletic and least athletic of the two in question are both getting it done.

Yall acting like Magic didn't straight sh*t on people too.
 5 years ago '08        #72
supervillain 244 heat pts244
space
avatar space
space
$13,157 | Props total: 7 7
 SeaJaiye said:
bron could do everything magic could do + score and defend at a high level. no contest..........
 5 years ago '05        #73
phantomnation 2093 heat pts2093
space
avatar space
space
$6,495 | Props total: 18771 18771
 #TheReturn said:
The guy who has 5 rings and played Center in the NBA finals.

nuff said
 5 years ago '04        #74
kb2602 
space
space
space
$1,115 | Props total: 28 28
lol @ heat fans who just starting watching hoops the last 2 years trying to comment,
magic was the decade of the 80's and him and bird saved the nba, while lebron is a bi*ch n*gga who ran for help when things got tough and dude got so many epic failures on his resume its too many too count

magic>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>l ebron
 5 years ago '06        #75
hood135 2 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$8,607 | Props total: 3 3
 cold_young_thug said:
I love threads like this. It really shows the ignorant a.ss people on dis site. Lemme make this clear, if, as part of your arguement for magic Johnson you say he was 5 rings, just fu*kin slap yourself. How can you compare a man who has retired from bball and a man who hasnt even hit the halfway mark? Couple that in with the AMAZING players magic was SURROUNDED by his WHOLE time in l.a compared to his Lebrons temates on the cavs, EXACTLY.

All you can use to compare is stats and general overall ability because alot of things in bball never show up on the stat line but are crucial to a win. Lebron simply has more of that. the ONLY thing i would give magic is his passing ability was SLIGHTLY higher, but so slightly its almost not even worth mentioning, but other than that lebron dominates. Keep in mind magic was a PG. bron is a SF. Magic pretty much outbodied every person at his position, virtually NOONE was as tall as magic at the point alot of those rebounds came simply because he was jumping higher than the person he was guarding.

But Bron does what Magic did, but better, plus some.
Don't type sh*t in bold when you don't have anything to say.

Really dude? Magic got more rebounds because he guarded little guys who couldn't out jump him? You're seriously gonna run with that. Teams matched up back then like they match up now genius.

And to say Magic's passing ability was "SLIGHTLY" better than LeBron's....


 5 years ago '04        #76
VictoryThagr8 6 heat pts
space
space
space
$11,340 | Props total: 2762 2762
 kb2602 said:
lol @ heat fans who just starting watching hoops the last 2 years trying to comment,
magic was the decade of the 80's and him and bird saved the nba, while lebron is a bi*ch n*gga who ran for help when things got tough and dude got so many epic failures on his resume its too many too count

magic>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>l ebron
Yeah lets compare the Lakers organization to the Cavs. Lakers has hands down the best front office and can retool for a championship. sh*t they just got Dwight howard and Steve nash. No sh*t players like Kobe and magic would not leave the best NBA organization to another team. Outside of lebron the cavskeep signing bad contracts. That same squad ended up leading the cavs the worst record in the league.
 5 years ago '08        #77
stlcardinals19 32 heat pts32
space
avatar space
space
$19,057 | Props total: 4837 4837
 kb2602 said:
lol @ heat fans who just starting watching hoops the last 2 years trying to comment,
magic was the decade of the 80's and him and bird saved the nba, while lebron is a bi*ch n*gga who ran for help when things got tough and dude got so many epic failures on his resume its too many too count

magic>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>l ebron
Didn't Magic make a sort of power move to ensure the Lakers could draft him b/c they had Kareem?


Last edited by stlcardinals19; 08-31-2012 at 11:51 AM..
 5 years ago '11        #78
cimeon24 
space
space
space
$71 | Props total: 0 0
 Tikyle2 said:
The problem is nowadays people confuse athleticism for skill. Just because LeBron is as fast as Jordan, as big as Karl Malone and as athletic as Barkley people think that equals skills. There are so many facets of LBJ game that needs to be better. Magic's only holes were his 3pt shooting really and the fact that at 6'9" he wasn't quick enough to guard his position.

And let's not act like LBJ shut down Rose. The entire team focused on Rose and it let LBJ play off of Rose to contest his shot late. And when he beat LBJ the entire team collapsed on him and no other Bull could hit a shot. Because if it wasn't the case then LBJ would have guarded Westbrook but he couldn't. Because one if you collapse on him like that KD would k!ll you and two he had to guard KD who still torched LBJ while in immense foul trouble.

Y'all need to be fair when you a.ssess these dudes and not get caught in all the ESPN a.ss kissing hype!

I agree with u 100% but by the same token jus because a person is athletic ablity doesn't mean he does not mean he lack skill. u cant be great in nba and lack either. LeBron my lack some skills but he does not lack skill. I hate hearing that argument cause it's dumb. so Michael Jordan did not have any parts of his game that could have been worked on his whole career, Michael Jordan was not athleticly superior to a lot shooting guards in the league? passing is not a skill? defense is not a skill, good handles not a skill? the Boston game 6 how many lay ups or dunks did he hit out of his 45 points. y'all need to get out this mind set that a smooth looking jumper and dream like footwork is the way for a basketball player to posses skill. im not jus talking about LeBron either I'm talking in general.
 5 years ago '04        #79
kb2602 
space
space
space
$1,115 | Props total: 28 28
 VictoryThagr8 said:
Yeah lets compare the Lakers organization to the Cavs. Lakers has hands down the best front office and can retool for a championship. sh*t they just got Dwight howard and Steve nash. No sh*t players like Kobe and magic would not leave the best NBA organization to another team. Outside of lebron the cavskeep signing bad contracts. That same squad ended up leading the cavs the worst record in the league.

stop it man, the last 2 years lebron was with the cavs they had the best record in the league, yall keep getting caught up in names and hype, that cavs team was constructed perfectly for lebron's skillset, lebron best skill is his passing and that team was setup with terrific outside shooters, so yeah you take off your best passer and off course its not gonna be good, so stop it with the excuses, the spurs are a small market team and they got 4 chips, okc is a small market team and they went to the finals, so stop it
 5 years ago '04        #80
kb2602 
space
space
space
$1,115 | Props total: 28 28
 stlcardinals19 said:
Didn't Magic make a sort of power move to ensure the Lakers could draft him b/c they had Kareem?

lol if you consider winning a coin toss a power move, lakers got lucky otherwise magic would have been in chicago
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 45
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
71 comments
24 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 39
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
84 comments
24 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
 38
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
197 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 30
Video inside Who is she!!
18 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 21
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
54 comments
24 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 17
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
149 comments
19 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
 14
Image(s) inside The Backshots would be crazy
23 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 14
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
274 comments
18 hours ago
@hiphop
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy