Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
195 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
56 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Jay Z's Tidal Is Running Out Of Cash & On Verge Of Bankruptcy, Lost $36..
94 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Lonzo Ball still disrespecting Nas
68 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '05        #61
agentspits.com 4 heat pts
space
space
$2,030 | Props total: 746 746
I'm a huge fan, but I didn't expect them to sell much so I wouldn't call this a flop, but of course most people will be quick to call it a flop just to hate.

They definitely could've put out a better project, and dropping a mixtape less than 2 weeks before the official album drops was just kind of weird. They coulda planned that out better, and used it to promote the album.
 08-29-2012, 08:31 PM         #62
Phillipmcd 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Wow 50-60k? I was expecting 15-20k, Good job
 5 years ago '04        #63
regularjoe 58 heat pts58
space
space
$36,337 | Props total: 13004 13004
 agentspits.com said:
I'm a huge fan, but I didn't expect them to sell much so I wouldn't call this a flop, but of course most people will be quick to call it a flop just to hate.

They definitely could've put out a better project, and dropping a mixtape less than 2 weeks before the official album drops was just kind of weird. They coulda planned that out better, and used it to promote the album.
They did that to appease their "real" fans.
 08-29-2012, 08:37 PM         #64
WordOnThaStreet 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 DoMieD said:
Maybe bc they don't want to be like that.

They even said that they don't want to be looked at as needing Em.. They want to be Slaughterhouse and not Eminems group
they dont want to be looked at as needing em? if that was the case they wudn't be signed to him and having him do so much studio work on the album. You really think these mufukas is going to turn down help from shady if he offers it? this is a business and they all want to be successful and this album is a Shady product, his company should be doing everything to make it succeed, u think a label gives a fu*k bout what artist wants
 5 years ago '07        #65
Pos 90 heat pts90
space
space
$9,613 | Props total: 5465 5465
Bestbuys in Jersey are fu*kin packed, I wouldn't be surprised if they do more than 60

people buyin them in bulks, they movin units tho
 5 years ago '07        #66
Pos 90 heat pts90
space
space

[pic - click to view]

Budden got Next.
 5 years ago '05        #67
GUNIT-FINEST 
space
space
$17,631 | Props total: 309 309
u n*ggas really said this was not a flop lol wow
 08-29-2012, 09:03 PM         #68
Hotboy1982 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
In this day and age, it's not a flop, for a hip-hop group it's actually pretty decent plus people need to realize that you can't expect hip-hop artists or group who came out in this day and age and aren't part of the pre-Internet era (the Lil' Waynes, the Jay-Zs, the Ems, Kanyes,etc) to sell like those I mentioned because they didn't have that huge following like them its just how it is. They are building a major-label brand, and building up their catalogue for tours, iTunes sales etc and to build up that type of selling power takes time. I personally think now that they see what works/doesn't work, the next album will do better, especially if they are touring hard, pushing the singles,etc.
 5 years ago '06        #69
Big Bear 20 heat pts20
space
space
$32,949 | Props total: 13571 13571
 agentspits.com said:

Any way you say it 40-50k on a major is a flop
if they did 50k independent that would be a different story grasshopper
 08-29-2012, 09:10 PM         #70
bigree61 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
so about two weeks ago or so the same people that are in here say n this is not a flop

said tity boi was gone to flop with 40k

please explain this to me real hip hop heads
 5 years ago '06        #71
Big Bear 20 heat pts20
space
space
$32,949 | Props total: 13571 13571
 Hotboy1982 said:
In this day and age, it's not a flop, for a hip-hop group it's actually pretty decent plus people need to realize that you can't expect hip-hop artists or group who came out in this day and age and aren't part of the pre-Internet era (the Lil' Waynes, the Jay-Zs, the Ems, Kanyes,etc) to sell like those I mentioned because they didn't have that huge following like them its just how it is. They are building a major-label brand, and building up their catalogue for tours, iTunes sales etc and to build up that type of selling power takes time. I personally think now that they see what works/doesn't work, the next album will do better, especially if they are touring hard, pushing the singles,etc.
It will not be a next album bcuz this album sold so low.
when you do low numbers on a major they will take forever to drop your next album
 5 years ago '04        #72
ant30ant33 214 heat pts214
space
space
space
$11,813 | Props total: 4783 4783
I don't understand why Slaughterhouse signed to a major label if they couldn't sell major units...
They could of stayed indy if they was gonna push 60K first week with no gold
They fans not supporting this release must be
 5 years ago '07        #73
Pos 90 heat pts90
space
space
mmg only did 90, and that's their 2nd album......that's a fu*kin Flop, their moving backwards

Slaughterhouse will only Grow from this release.
 5 years ago '07        #74
1LynguisticMind 177 heat pts177
space
space
$24,900 | Props total: 1144 1144
cant believe some of yall were saying 150k

if they had an eminem on my life or a radio friendly single this could have gone different.

they did just what i thought they would do, decent numbers, if it sells anything under 50k its a flop
 5 years ago '12        #75
noverum 
space
space
$2,868 | Props total: 1654 1654
I don't understand this obsession with first-week sales. I'll wait until I see the figures six months from now before determining whether or not the album has flopped.
 08-29-2012, 09:54 PM         #76
the synthesis 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
stans saying this isnt a flop?

They sold less than MMG and had a way bigger marketing budget

Something has gone wrong either the original fans have decided not to support them anymore due to the POP type records or the mainstream fans ain't feeling them

They could have done these numbers without a major truth be told and made a lot of money

Not sure if they will get a second release, they maybe shelved for a long a.ss time, someone is out of pocket that is fosure
 08-29-2012, 09:56 PM         #77
the synthesis 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 noverum said:
I don't understand this obsession with first-week sales. I'll wait until I see the figures six months from now before determining whether or not the album has flopped.
First week sales are a good indicator, it's downhill from here...unless they had a record which was a overnight smash, which they don't...and even then that still wouldnt mean people wud cop the album...

The sales will fall and fall.
 5 years ago '09        #78
Zaosyn 261 heat pts261
space
space
$14,067 | Props total: 1114 1114
If this is how SH is gonna be on Shady then fu*k 'em though

I kinda wanna buy the album out of support but if I do it's like condoning the sh*t they're feeding us, which isn't BAD but it's not what I want to hear. If you're gonna send a message about a product the best way to do it is with your money. Hopefully if the album doesn't do what they want they'll get the message. The difference between MMG and SH is that MMG can make radio hits and that Rozay is actually seen as the leader of the group. SH can't make hits and Eminem isn't seen as the leader of the group.

Last edited by Zaosyn; 08-29-2012 at 10:04 PM..
 5 years ago '09        #79
Zaosyn 261 heat pts261
space
space
$14,067 | Props total: 1114 1114
On the bright side though ICP's whack a.ss only sold 41k their first week so that proves my theory that those retarded a.ss clowns have a degrading fan base that wakes up one day and says to themselves "this sh*t is corny as fu*k "
 08-29-2012, 10:03 PM         #80
Hotboy1982 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 the synthesis said:
stans saying this isnt a flop?

They sold less than MMG and had a way bigger marketing budget

Something has gone wrong either the original fans have decided not to support them anymore due to the POP type records or the mainstream fans ain't feeling them

They could have done these numbers without a major truth be told and made a lot of money

Not sure if they will get a second release, they maybe shelved for a long a.ss time, someone is out of pocket that is fosure
I doubt that they will be shelved, most likely will have to tour heavily to garner more promo for the album, plus if they are on a 360 deal, the label is going to get their money back. People to forget that hip-hop music hasn't sold like it used to due partly to the increased presence of the Internet, it's not with other genres where fans will happily spend their money for their favorite pop, country, alternative artist. Sad to say, you can't blame the artist, because they're trying to do their best to appease the "fans" and do well sales wise, yet it's the same fans who say they want the so-called "real hip-hop" but will be the first ones looking for the download links instead of actually buying it.
Home      

most viewed right now
Pineapple Pwussy 🍍 😻
41 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
216 comments
23 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Guy programs old Chuck E Cheese Animatronics to perform Pop Lock and Drop It
38 comments
23 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Fake Ashanti Look WAAY BADDER Than The Real Ashanti
36 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
191 comments
23 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
144 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 11 - Government agencies announce plan to sellout the internet
137 comments
23 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
male rape survivor talks about how he got raped twice
54 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy