Welcome to D12’s House – Slaughterhouse Review That Had Joe and Royce Sending Threats

most viewed right now
NBA Bron and the Cavs been on they sh-t since ...
31 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Teanna Trump got a son now? :deadpg:
86 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Birdman broke af - about to lose his mansion due to $12 Million Dollar Loan
137 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
yukmouth responded to gonzoe
21 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '07        #81
1LynguisticMind 177 heat pts177
space
space
$24,901 | Props total: 1146 1146
people really thought this was just gonna be all cold beats and harsh lyrics

like Iovine is letting Eminem do what they want
 5 years ago '05        #82
Str8 outta Cuse 5 heat pts
space
space
$5,515 | Props total: 49 49
I think the two most disappointing things about this album were that Joe Budden sounded bored on a lot of his verses. And that Em had such a great influence on the sound of this album and it came out sounding like this? What's that tell you about where Em is at this point in his career? Em used to make peoples albums sound harder, not cornier.

Eminems next album will be even more pop sounding that Recovery, I put the house on it.

Edit: actually, that may not be possible, Recovery was a Lady Gaga album with rapping over it.
 5 years ago '04        #83
youngen 
space
space
space
$3,028 | Props total: 160 160
i hate that culture 6 dude, but i agree with practically everything he said here.

i realized while listening to "Our Way" on the album that these dudes are changing their story
while trying to keep their hands clean. They USED to say "wel never make these types of records JUST to get a major record deal"....

we took that as "wel never sell out and make these type of records".

but if you listen to "Our Way", they are now literally saying "we did it our way", as to say "we didnt lie to you. we got a major record label deal without making those types of records, BUT NOW THAT WERE HERE...were gonna make those types of records"...so in essence saying, they never lied to us and we just had them misunderstood. lol...

i find it ironic that in interviews royce keeps saying "how is that a pop song? im rapping out real life sh*t"...and at times in those songs he is. and hel have a line about his family, sure....but then there are times when others in the group are certainly not. joell, more so than anyone with his abnormally played out and corny lines "i dont make it rain i make it snow bunny", "like a picture i got cheese"...like wtf.

still, there are some great songs on the album. notably Die, frat house (which should ahve been the single), rescue me, and our way even though i disagree with what they are saying as i mentioned above. these guys are still amazing lyricists and although i hated all the hype about "real hiphop" they talked about just to release this average to decent at best album, il liekly still support them cuz they provided me with a ton of great music over the years. and the cd IS NOT BAD...its just not the classic hiphop we expected. im all for radio singles. Frat House would have been a GREAT radio single, just like The One was..but My life? no...that was bad. The album is a 3/5 to a 3.5/5...so its not awful. but these guys are capable of a 5/5 album

Last edited by youngen; 08-30-2012 at 10:00 PM..
 5 years ago '04        #84
runitback1 
space
space
space
$907 | Props total: 0 0
my thing is this. slaughterhouse fans dont buy albums thats why there in the position they are in. in order to stay on a major label you have to sell records. now that said on there next major album they need to go back to the core slaughterhouse style and bring these new found fans in with the core fans that they do things like the on the house mixtape, which is for the most part "slaughterhouse material" as the reviewer put it. theres a bigger picture here that they are going for that slaughterhouse fans are not seeing.
 08-30-2012, 10:44 PM         #85
TimeIsAVirus 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Nickel said:
not taking any sides but coming from someone who read's this dude's blog and whatnot he always takes lil pot shots at slaughterhouse (mainly joey) but then tries to justify it by calling himself a fan....with that being said I think they the problem lies in the fact that he called em D12 in so many words...
 5 years ago '10        #86
peeyump 15 heat pts15
space
space
$21,113 | Props total: 1273 1273
i added two songs from the album on to the mp3 players.......so I guess its a "great" album.
 5 years ago '07        #87
Jayceon 492 heat pts492
space
space
$27,612 | Props total: 923 923
stopped reading when the sh*t said honors english lyrics>anyone in slaughterhouse. I know the n*gga Honors personally and would tell it to his face. You ain't fu*kin with ANYONE in slaughterhouse. Who wrote this sh*t?
 5 years ago '04        #88
Jussn Kredible 42 heat pts42
space
space
$3,409 | Props total: 58 58
 runitback1 said:
my thing is this. slaughterhouse fans dont buy albums thats why there in the position they are in. in order to stay on a major label you have to sell records. now that said on there next major album they need to go back to the core slaughterhouse style and bring these new found fans in with the core fans that they do things like the on the house mixtape, which is for the most part "slaughterhouse material" as the reviewer put it. theres a bigger picture here that they are going for that slaughterhouse fans are not seeing.
i think ur totally wrong about slaughterhouse fans not buying albums..go on @OfficiallyIce's twitter, there are fans that bought out the entire rack of copies at best buy..people buyin 4, 5, and 6 copies of the sh*t..its not their core fans that dont buy, the core fans will buy a SH album if its all 4 of them fartin on the record

they lost the 'on the fence' fans who like slaughterhouse, like wut they represent, then hear these commercial a.ss singles, and decide 'im not buyin that sh*t, they're the same as everyone else'..casual SH fans didnt want an album they could get from anyone, they wanted something that only SH could do, raw beats, raw lyrics, no bubblegum filler..which they fu*ked around and did on the mixtape that dropped a week before the album for free...so u gave me wut i wanted for free, y am i paying for some bullsh*t commercial album, thas where they took the L
 5 years ago '07        #89
J-Calli 
space
space
$404 | Props total: 0 0
That is a fantastic review and i agree with nearly all of it.

And i am a HUGE slaughterhouse fan. Been a Crooked fan since the 90's so no im not hating.
 5 years ago '09        #90
Axl Rose 21 heat pts21
space
space
$23,396 | Props total: 5105 5105
these guys are 40 threatening a guy over twitter cuz he wrote a bad review

cmon now
 5 years ago '04        #91
runitback1 
space
space
space
$907 | Props total: 0 0
 Jussn Kredible said:
i think ur totally wrong about slaughterhouse fans not buying albums..go on @OfficiallyIce's twitter, there are fans that bought out the entire rack of copies at best buy..people buyin 4, 5, and 6 copies of the sh*t..its not their core fans that dont buy, the core fans will buy a SH album if its all 4 of them fartin on the record

they lost the 'on the fence' fans who like slaughterhouse, like wut they represent, then hear these commercial a.ss singles, and decide 'im not buyin that sh*t, they're the same as everyone else'..casual SH fans didnt want an album they could get from anyone, they wanted something that only SH could do, raw beats, raw lyrics, no bubblegum filler..which they fu*ked around and did on the mixtape that dropped a week before the album for free...so u gave me wut i wanted for free, y am i paying for some bullsh*t commercial album, thas where they took the L
i get where your comin from with that but the whole point of them being major is to sell records. what slaughterhouse does doesn't sell records. if slaughterhouse fans bought albums they wouldnt be slaughterhouse and none of them would be in the position they are in now. i just think theres a bigger objective with these guys than just droppin a mainstream album to "sell out"
 5 years ago '12        #92
noverum 
space
space
$2,887 | Props total: 1667 1667
 Str8 outta Cuse said:
Eminems next album will be even more pop sounding that Recovery, I put the house on it.
There's still time for him to fall down a flight of stairs, get a heavy concussion and forget about his new-found appreciation for pop music.
 08-31-2012, 05:02 AM         #93
cunseededcee 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
"Why try to fit in , when your a standout"

Great read, guy was talking truth, Im a SH fan and was disappointed.
 08-31-2012, 05:30 AM         #94
Dos-effect 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
What more could you ask for........the album is dope,the only track they could have left off was flip a bird.......I'm wandering if y'all cats listened to the lyrics or just the beats.....cause tHesse n*ggas got off.....and my life is a dope song....it gets a lot of hate....but again lyrically they got off.......they basically put out a double cd anyway..........
 5 years ago '07        #95
J-Calli 
space
space
$404 | Props total: 0 0
 Jussn Kredible said:

I would say i am a core fan but lets call a spade a spade - this album is trash to me. I bought the first album but no way in hell am i buying this.

Everything they represent on this album i dislike for the most. It's one whole contradiction to their music and rise so far. I am actually disgusted they put this album out. I mean at least try and be a little more sutble with trying to go mainstream.
 5 years ago '04        #96
pandemon 8 heat pts
space
space
$10,400 | Props total: 376 376
good read

and pretty accurate for the most part

and ima SH stan
 5 years ago '09        #97
faceoffizhere 
space
space
$4,659 | Props total: 842 842
they acting like bi*ches over the interview but he is right the album is mediocre they got a few good tracks but I was expecting more. Yea yea we argue about lyrics and they had some good lyrics buttttt.. Some of those beats they got are so fu*king wack I can't bump that sh*t in the whip. Yes production on an album is part of the album so when you judge an album you judge production as well.
 5 years ago '07        #98
kidmakaveli 
space
space
$4,712 | Props total: 917 917
He still hates Joe after all these years

expect a Culture VI JBTV thread soon where he promotes his music and laughs at SH like he always has

Culture has a history of being nice in person but bad mouthing SH online Budden especially
 5 years ago '04        #99
justinjones 307 heat pts307
space
space
$49,450 | Props total: 6520 6520
people wouldn't knock them on the pop tracks like that if they were actually good at it
 5 years ago '09        #100
AI34Life 
space
space
$3,454 | Props total: 0 0
didn't read this bs.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside trust a big butt and smile
39 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside ‘Saturday Night Live’ and Kevin Hart Deliver One Disappointing Christma..
38 comments
21 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside So Maliah blessed us this morning
76 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Damn!! Is all I can say
89 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Eaton this booty for Breakfast, Lunch, & Dinner
65 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Man Confronts His Baby Mother With DNA Proof That He’s Not Their Allege..
194 comments
24 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NBA Blew $100 million and STILL eating good
86 comments
22 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
vida guerra
84 comments
22 hours ago