Welcome to D12’s House – Slaughterhouse Review That Had Joe and Royce Sending Threats

most viewed right now
Game a cornball for how hard he went at Meek for no reason
145 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Rare Pics of B.G. Derrick (N.O. Rap)
100 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
261 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA After losing seven straight, Stan Van Gundy calls out Andre Drummond, Pist..
55 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '06        #61
Qbert 22 heat pts22
space
space
$4,633 | Props total: 2537 2537
 Basicgz said:
Yeah I'm feeling it. Its definitely far more superior than that sh*t I aint even finished listening to it They shoulda kept these joints and made it the album.
I agree, the last track Truth or Truth is a banger. The mixtape was more creative to me, who ever was in control of that album dropped the ball.
 5 years ago '04        #62
missing linX 
space
space
$1,503 | Props total: 150 150
 box5 said:
This is what bugs people. Stop trying to act like what you dig about the album is what others. Should like as well. sh*t is all opinion and how we feel about it is not wrong only when people start trying to say well these are the dope songs etc etc.

Me = I like the group just wasn't a fan of the our house product
You = fan of the group and loved or liked most of the album.
it's that simple. But muthafuccas will have hella word wars over something that ain't so serious yell™
It's not about wanting other people to love it though. I'm not saying you have to love every song I do and hate every song I hate. It's just ridiculous to me how you can be a fan of Slaughterhouse and not enjoy this album at least a little bit. Calling it trash is insane. It's like being a Nas fan and not liking his new album. That album is pretty good.
 5 years ago '07        #63
mastermind_AD 13 heat pts13
space
space
$1,682 | Props total: 448 448
 Qbert said:
What I don't understand is how they released a mixtape right before the album came out, and the mixtape goes harder than the album does, and has better artwork. They definitely need to check that.
That is because the mixtape was for the hardcore fans.

The album was to grab fans who don't listen to slaughterhouse.

You cannot make a lot money in the rap game at this time without making mean stream music.

He mention Lupe but Laser was a sellout album.

Sometime you got to do what the fu*k you got to do.

SH sold out but everyone should of knew that when they signed a major deal.

But at the end of the day they keep it real with the fans.

THEY GAVE US A FREE CD RIGHT BEFORE THE ALBUM CAME OUT WITH THE sh*t YOU WOULD ASPECT TO HEAR FROM THEM.

How many of y'all going to buy the album?

I am because the mix-tape is great.

I understand what dude is saying but it is way more to that sh*t.

I also understand why SH mad sh*t I am mad also.

Finally some n*ggas that care about rap get on and they get sh*tted on.

SH has to get more fans before they can change the game so I expect them to make mean stream music.

Once they get a strong foothold in music and a bigger fan base we will hear better sh*t from them on the radio.

sh*t takes time.
 5 years ago '07        #64
mastermind_AD 13 heat pts13
space
space
$1,682 | Props total: 448 448
 GROUCHCARTEL said:
Culture hit the nail on the head with this review....The thing is, as brilliant as their lyrics are Joe and Royce always end up on some diva bullsh*t when they don't get their way and heads don't blow smoke up they a**....If Budden weren't such a prick with an ego the size of a building his career would be much farther than where it is and if Royce didn't sabotage himself by placing himself on such a pedestal than those beefs with Dre and Em wouldn't have happened either..Joell and Crooked seem to be the only dudes that are hungry and humble enough to grind..
You talk like they are not all in the same group and situation.

How are Joell and Crooked the only ones hungry enough to grind when all of them have been grinding for years?
 5 years ago '05        #65
the407problem 3 heat pts
space
space
$4,516 | Props total: 231 231
slap? what bi*ch n*ggas
 5 years ago '05        #66
ROC585 306 heat pts306
space
space
space
$2,291 | Props total: 3446 3446
Eminem is merely protecting an investment. Best sh*t I heard from Joey since them golden desert storm days.
 5 years ago '09        #67
Ash10 21 heat pts21
space
space
$49,080 | Props total: 8850 8850
Welcome to: Our House is a terrible album
 08-30-2012, 07:34 PM         #68
Sam Rothstein 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
These n*ggas bi*ching over a review?
 5 years ago '08        #69
Hiero 112 heat pts112
space
space
$19,566 | Props total: 2398 2398
 JeeQ said:
At the end of the day everyone sells out and you would too. B.O.B said it best "They say my music’s pop, I call it buyin' cribs for my mama." They gave you a mixtape as fan service, stop complaining that they finally get to eat after all these years of giving you music. If you feel "betrayed" by the retail album, continue to enjoy the free one.
They don't hear you though. Talk that sh*t!
 5 years ago '11        #70
Tony Franks 6 heat pts
space
space
$9,396 | Props total: 3869 3869
Man, im two songs into the mixtape, and i already feel so much better. Ima give the album another shot, but that production was...something else. I was so excited about Em exec producing too.

Oh, and dudes review was on point after my first listen. He prolly coulda left some of the personal stuff out tho.
 5 years ago '04        #71
TniaS 7 heat pts
space
space
$4,490 | Props total: 720 720
they dont get labeled in the genre hip hop in my itunes... always rap for them lol this is the longest article about nothing tho who givvvves a fu*k
 5 years ago '05        #72
Vancouver 11 heat pts11
space
space
$2,451 | Props total: 126 126
It's not that they mad radio songs, all these artists have made radio songs before, it's that the radio songs they made suck (except for My Life which I think is dope). Royce and Joe been sensitive though. I also like how this reviewer went in on them for having basically no content on almost every song. I hate when people say they're bringing lyrics back but all they're really doing is brag rap in a more complex way. Not that these rappers aren't capable of having diverse content, but they usually don't as a group.
 5 years ago '04        #73
gh3tto 5 heat pts
space
space
$3,065 | Props total: 677 677
never seen such a "fan" talk sh*t and compliment in the same sentence.
smells of butthurt
 5 years ago '11        #74
Tony Franks 6 heat pts
space
space
$9,396 | Props total: 3869 3869
Mixtape is definitely the real album. They must have wanted one album for the streets n one for the crossover attempt.

Playin both sides, thats that sh*t i dont like

Mixtape is flames tho!!
 5 years ago '08        #75
zhifi 10 heat pts10
space
space
$473 | Props total: 122 122
LOL... best review I've seen thus far.
 5 years ago '07        #76
wtr1906 45 heat pts45
space
space
$17,725 | Props total: 4479 4479
The album is a.ss cheeks PERIOD.......And yes, I am mad because these dudes were supposed to bring that hot sh*t. I would rather listen to GFID than Welcome to Slaughter House. Real Talk!
 5 years ago '11        #77
mosdope 7 heat pts
space
space
$1,704 | Props total: 1531 1531
Can we stop saying the mixtape is better than the album? It's supposed to be better to the fans.....an artist is given complete artistic freedom on a mixtape and usually use them to appeal to their core fans. An album in 2012 is made to appeal to even more people. I mean how many albums can you really say were better than said artist's mixtape?

And reviewer seemed butt-hurt by a negative end to his past relationship with Royce & Budden IMO. He's entitled to his own opinion but the whole thing was more like a guy venting rather than a review. And if Budden & Royce know him like he says they do, I don't see anything "bi*ch" about coming at him.
 5 years ago '07        #78
Drk 10 heat pts10
space
space
$9,072 | Props total: 505 505
Let me say this – it isn’t a horrible project. Not by any means. It just isn’t Slaughterhouse. It doesn’t establish them as anything we haven’t already heard. They didn’t establish a unique sound. There’s nothing here that reminds me anything of the past 49 projects. I’ve listened to ten years of these four artists say “fu-k the industry” and slaughtering anyone who sells out for sales, yet they used their major label debut to copy industry trends. They’ve spent a decade berating artists who have done the exact thing they just did.

END.

OF.

DISCUSSION.

Good day sir!

5 years ago '08        #79
zhifi 10 heat pts10
space
space
$473 | Props total: 122 122
Royce has underground diss songs dissing artists / producers that didn't want to work with him... Him and his manager are sketchy as fu*k....
 5 years ago '07        #80
1LynguisticMind 177 heat pts177
space
space
$24,901 | Props total: 1146 1146
the album grows on you. I can kinda agree with the sound thing....Hammerdance is Slaughter House, Our Way is Slaughterhouse

alot of the songs are Eminem songs and forced singles

its a good album though

Our House and Rescue me are Eminem songs, both are nice though

My Life is terrible

Throw It Away isnt as bad as they make it out to be

Coffin is terrible, so is the one with BOB

But:
Flip A Bird
Our Way
HammerDance
Die
GoodBye
FratHouse

are all FIRE.

Last edited by 1LynguisticMind; 08-30-2012 at 09:06 PM..
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
191 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
68 comments
22 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
78 comments
22 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
216 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside The Backshots would be crazy
20 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Kris Dunn Step Back Dagger
29 comments
18 hours ago