Welcome to D12’s House – Slaughterhouse Review That Had Joe and Royce Sending Threats

most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
49 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Akademiks: If you see EDS next year it won't be with me and Joe unless we get ..
39 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Fan Draws life like Picture Of Joe Budden
49 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Jeezy dissed Ralo on "Respect" , i told Ralo and its about to go down.
242 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 08-30-2012, 01:21 PM         #41
BWS Soldier 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
This review is actually spot on
 5 years ago '06        #42
Blah 17 heat pts17
space
space
$25,531 | Props total: 6772 6772
someone summarize that essay
 5 years ago '04        #43
missing linX 
space
space
$1,503 | Props total: 150 150
The amount of hate this album is receiving is ridiculous to me. I'm all about letting people have the preference and their opinions, but the album isn't half as bad as some people are making it out to be. There are some songs that aren't very good, but there's way more songs that are good. Granted they made songs like Throw It Away and Throw That. Can you blame them? They signed to a major label and they're trying to appeal to a bigger audience than they've been used to their entire careers.

Joe had his commercial success years ago when he dropped his debut album with the Pump It Up song. He also had Fire with Busta Rhymes and Focus. But guess what? Those songs draw you in and then you hear songs like Walk With Me, Calm Down, 10 Minutes, Stand Up Nucca, etc. You realize he's better than the songs that get radio play. So can you really blame Slaughterhouse for making a few songs like Throw It Away and Throw That? My Life was a good single. I think it had that strong commercial appeal without sounding too pop. Cee-Lo sounded great on the song and the concept behind the song was good. They're a group of guys who had their label problems in the past and they just got signed to a major label and they're happy about it. When you listen to the album aside from the couple of "meh" songs, you have songs like Goodbye, Our House, Hammer Dance, Frat House, Park It Sideways, Die, The Other Side, etc. Even though the album isn't amazing, the good far outweights the bad on this album to me.
 5 years ago '05        #44
Vancouver 11 heat pts11
space
space
$2,451 | Props total: 126 126
 Michael_Moore said:
this.

when I saw these dudes co-sign Frank Ocean coming out the closet...that's when I started getting worried about the album & realizing they souled out & are basically like every other artist trying to be PC & fit in....and i'm a fan.

the review is pretty much on point.

the price of fame=
Even in a topic about Slaughterhouse, you make sure to get your anti-gay propaganda in there. This is how I know not to take you serious when you talk about government and Ron Paul being the answer, because in your ideal world gay people would be marginalized, if not eliminated outright.
 5 years ago '07        #45
castiloni 
space
space
space
$477 | Props total: 42 42
tired after that.....i feel ya
 5 years ago '05        #46
CLASSOVMYOWN 
space
space
$260 | Props total: 0 0
This is just so much more involved than your traditional album review
 5 years ago '04        #47
T_Buck 9 heat pts
space
space
$2,916 | Props total: 0 0
Devil's Night >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Welcome to: Our House
 5 years ago '10        #48
Agentzer0oo0 209 heat pts209
space
space
$67,895 | Props total: 21150 21150

Wow that was 10000% fu*king truth.

People are gonna hate what he said but some of the things he was saying mirrors a couple of those threads where posters were saying Eminem ruined Slaughterhouse, Joe sounded comfortable & lazy, the production sounds too weak & the group sounded too animated.

T_Buck said:
Devil's Night >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Welcome to: Our House
Keep it a buck, BOTH D12's albums>>>>both SH's albums.
 5 years ago '10        #49
knowlege bass 
space
space
$3,220 | Props total: 563 563
I agree with much of what that writer says, but the strange thing is I actually really like the album much to my own surprise. Could they do better? Sure, but why bother, 80% of the people complaining about the album would not have purchased it anyway. The mixtape was put out to quench the thirst of that group of people. As for the review, I think Royce and Budden are over reacting and making them selves look like sensitive bi*ches, although I think the writer could have left out the D12 reference and just put up a harsh critique. I think the D12 thing makes it a bit more personal though and that is the source of the reaction IMO.

There are a few things I disagree with. His opinion on Budden is not what I get from the album, guess I am one of those stans he talks about. I also see no comparison to D12 other than the whole Em thing. Turns out Em produced very little of this album. Plus other than Proof no one on D12 could come close to any of these dudes on the mic. I think the D12 thing is just an easy way for people to take out their self created frustration of putting artists in boxes and wanting to hear something specific.

Last edited by knowlege bass; 08-30-2012 at 06:15 PM..
 5 years ago '06        #50
LakerFan 5 heat pts
space
space
$2,282 | Props total: 460 460
There is no lack of lyrics in hip-hop today. Matter of fact, there are plenty of rappers releasing projects that are much more lyrically potent than SH. Skyzoo, Honors English, Lupe Fiasco, Sha Stimuli –
i thought the album was great and felt his review undervalued it a little bit. The are definitely some very lyrical dudes. All those guys he named are underground bums that are never gonna blow up. Lupe is the most successful of them but the rest are pretty much nothing in the big picture of hip hop.
 5 years ago '11        #51
box5 
space
space
space
$2,989 | Props total: 14 14
sh*t is crazy cause what he said was on point and full of sh*t at the same time.

When you review an album keep the focus on the material not your relationship with the subject and their personal life!
this muthafucca spoke on tahiry in this sh*t! Smh.
I don't he caught threats for the review it's for the extra personal sh*t he put in it.
And you dork fans got to realize sh are networth brothas and like doing things hood equals do, strip clubs,guns, drugs,ignorant sh*t, fu*king equals bi*ches,pissing in parking lots lol,spittin' bars about fun sh*t to them, etc.
They regular dudes not superhero lyrical all the time internet comic book characters. I bet if they took a pic with waka and soda Roy, about 67 of their fans would off their selves.

I ain't braille the album but still like to see the group enjoy their moment yell™
 5 years ago '06        #52
Qbert 22 heat pts22
space
space
$4,635 | Props total: 2541 2541
What I don't understand is how they released a mixtape right before the album came out, and the mixtape goes harder than the album does, and has better artwork. They definitely need to check that.
 5 years ago '11        #53
box5 
space
space
space
$2,989 | Props total: 14 14
 missing linX said:
The amount of hate this album is receiving is ridiculous to me. I'm all about letting people have the preference and their opinions, but the album isn't half as bad as some people are making it out to be. There are some songs that aren't very good, but there's way more songs that are good. Granted they made songs like Throw It Away and Throw That. Can you blame them? They signed to a major label and they're trying to appeal to a bigger audience than they've been used to their entire careers.

Joe had his commercial success years ago when he dropped his debut album with the Pump It Up song. He also had Fire with Busta Rhymes and Focus. But guess what? Those songs draw you in and then you hear songs like Walk With Me, Calm Down, 10 Minutes, Stand Up Nucca, etc. You realize he's better than the songs that get radio play. So can you really blame Slaughterhouse for making a few songs like Throw It Away and Throw That? My Life was a good single. I think it had that strong commercial appeal without sounding too pop. Cee-Lo sounded great on the song and the concept behind the song was good. They're a group of guys who had their label problems in the past and they just got signed to a major label and they're happy about it. When you listen to the album aside from the couple of "meh" songs, you have songs like Goodbye, Our House, Hammer Dance, Frat House, Park It Sideways, Die, The Other Side, etc. Even though the album isn't amazing, the good far outweights the bad on this album to me.
This is what bugs people. Stop trying to act like what you dig about the album is what others. Should like as well. sh*t is all opinion and how we feel about it is not wrong only when people start trying to say well these are the dope songs etc etc.

Me = I like the group just wasn't a fan of the our house product
You = fan of the group and loved or liked most of the album.
it's that simple. But muthafuccas will have hella word wars over something that ain't so serious yell™
 5 years ago '05        #54
TitoDaMayne 
space
space
$680 | Props total: 2 2

[pic - click to view]

5 years ago '05        #55
Basicgz 
space
space
$5,682 | Props total: 1399 1399
The album was horrible I liked maybe 4 joints. The mixtape I aint done listening to that yet but its pretty dope so far but I aint buying that album. I think is the last time we see a album from them on a major I dont see anything good coming from this. Em might be 0/2 wit this Yelawolf & Slaughterhouse signings
 5 years ago '08        #56
DooM 66 heat pts66
space
space
$28,009 | Props total: 19910 19910
as a big SH fan from the beginning, this album was dope imo
 5 years ago '06        #57
coolio 57 heat pts57
space
space
$18,375 | Props total: 9 9
i haven't listened to the album yet and i probably wont really like most of it judging from the few songs i've heard up to now, but culture has been known to do this kind sh*t..he'll hate on anything joe's involved with due to past problems they've had and mask the hate by saying stuff like "im a fan"

dude was even managing his artist poizun and fu*ked up his own artist's whole buzz due to his problems with joe..rather than properly promote his own artist, he'd alienate the fans that planned on copping his debut album and spend more time dissing joe

it's also the reason he says sh*t like this:

MGz said:
I have it from two exceptionally strong sources that Joe is not only behind the songs, but was the loudest voice in the room when it came to recording these – but this is meaningless without revealing the people I spoke with, so I’ll leave this topic alone

he just said it himself that its pointless without revealing his "sources" and that he'll "leave the topic alone", so why bring it up at all in the first place? he just wants people to think he has some kind of insider sources in hopes of making his shots and hate sound more legit

i think he had asked joe to be featured on poizun's debut and it didnt happen, so hes held a grudge since then..on top of that, dude's like a 40 year old effeminate wigger which makes his infatuation even more embarrassing
 5 years ago '06        #58
Qbert 22 heat pts22
space
space
$4,635 | Props total: 2541 2541
 Basicgz said:
The album was horrible I liked maybe 4 joints. The mixtape I aint done listening to that yet but its pretty dope so far but I aint buying that album. I think is the last time we see a album from them on a major I dont see anything good coming from this. Em might be 0/2 wit this Yelawolf & Slaughterhouse signings
Mixtape is a lot better than that album.
 5 years ago '05        #59
GROUCHCARTEL 97 heat pts97
space
space
$4,294 | Props total: 5 5
Culture hit the nail on the head with this review....The thing is, as brilliant as their lyrics are Joe and Royce always end up on some diva bullsh*t when they don't get their way and heads don't blow smoke up they a**....If Budden weren't such a prick with an ego the size of a building his career would be much farther than where it is and if Royce didn't sabotage himself by placing himself on such a pedestal than those beefs with Dre and Em wouldn't have happened either..Joell and Crooked seem to be the only dudes that are hungry and humble enough to grind..
 5 years ago '05        #60
Basicgz 
space
space
$5,682 | Props total: 1399 1399
 Qbert said:
Mixtape is a lot better than that album.
Yeah I'm feeling it. Its definitely far more superior than that sh*t I aint even finished listening to it They shoulda kept these joints and made it the album.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
108 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside T1tty Meat from Nicki Minaj
45 comments
24 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thread worthy Cute thick Latina
23 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside 2 Arrest Made in The Murder of Rapper Chinx
147 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Lil Duval with the joke of the year
56 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Five MORE women accuse Russell Simmons of sexual misconduct - bringing total t..
113 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Houston Better Stop Playing With Me 😩
49 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Star Wars Last Jedi Spoiler review
77 comments
2 days ago