Kevin Hart X-mad card
21 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
65 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Isiah Thomas Says His Family was Worse than Lavar Ball "He Used to Rob Eve..
102 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
235 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 08-29-2012, 08:43 AM         #1
8115 pageviews
34 comments

ProfitSee 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
10 Non-Sneaker Items Every Sneakerhead Should Own

[pic - click to view]

Shoe Cleaner

Sneaker Price Equivalent: Eastbay clearance TB basketball shoe

Tip-toeing around to avoid getting dirt on your shoes is a sure fire way to annoy your girl when you take her out. Don’t fret boss, with a new school of sneaker care product producers like Jason Markk and Mint you don’t have to worry about messing your grails up on a Friday night filled with Henny and ignorance. If things get a little out of control, you can bet your favorite cleaner will have them looking damn near brand new after a few minutes. There's also denim de-bleeder, sponges specifically for suede and leather—it's a whole new world.

Extra Laces

Sneaker Price Equivalent: That pair of Air Forces slung over the power line

This one's easy, because any real sneakerhead has a whole bag (or three) of extra laces already. Thanks to most companies providing two or three pairs of laces with each sneaker, it's easier than ever to stockpile. And there's no better way to switch things up than with a fresh pair of laces.

[pic - click to view]

Books

Sneaker Price Equivalent: Nike Air Force 1 Lows

Yes, books. Those things that are like the internet only on paper and without inane commenters. Those. There are more than a few books out on sneakers nowadays, and whether they're simple field guides to help you sort out exactly what that pair of Nike hoops shoes is on eBay or a more in-depth look at the culture, it's always good to dig a little deeper and see things from someone else's perspective.

[pic - click to view]

Ultimate Jordan DVD Set

Sneaker Price Equivalent: Old running shoes at Goodwill

Context is supremely important and often overlooked. Sure, those Air Jordans are cool just because they look cool, but did you ever see what they looked like in action on the court? a.ssuming you still have a DVD player, this set brings together all of Mike's early videos as well as five of his most significant games in their entirety. Beats watching grainy footage on Youtube.

[pic - click to view]

Actual Shoes

Sneaker Price Equivalent: Two pairs of retro Air Jordans

Of course you can wear sneakers everywhere. Who's gonna stop you? (Well, besides the doormen at more respectable clubs and restaurants, that is.) But do you really want to be that guy? Think Tom Hanks in Big. Sure, not growing up is cool, but sooner or later it's not such a bad idea. And with so many shoe options out there, it's crazy to just dismiss a whole style of footwear. Expand your horizons.

Digital SLR

Sneaker Price Equivalent: Nike Air Yeezys, Flight Club or eBay

We know. Your iPhone takes perfectly respectable pictures—it's even got a flash—and you're just uploading to Instagram anyway. It's not like you're gonna make an album of all your sneaker pictures. That said, sometimes it's nice to be able to take professional-looking shots, whether it's to sell a pair on eBay or floss in a WDYWT? post. Besides, you can use cameras to shoot more than just sneakers, you know. (And even you don't have that Yeezy money, there's plenty of good point-and-shoots out there that'll make your iPhone look like, well, a phone.)

Proper Bag

Sneaker Price Equivalent: Nike Roshe Runs

Look, just shoving a pair of sneakers into your backpack is bad for all involved. Your clothes get messed up, your sneakers get messed up, and everything winds up looking (and smelling) like you just got back from the gym. Don't attend your own funeral as a guy named Phil Shifley, and please don't use a bag that doesn't have a separate sneaker compartment. Also, feel free to just shove your clothes into the sneaker space and use the main part of the bag for your sneakers. Priorities and all.

[pic - click to view]

Containers

Sneaker Price Equivalent: Payless Airwalks

Here's the thing about shoeboxes: they're made of cardboard. That means two things. 1) They collapse if you stack them too high. 2) You can't see through them unless you're Superman. Thankfully, there are companies that manufacture clear plastic boxes that should fit one pair of your shoes perfectly. And you can stack them as high as you want. Unfortunately they don't come with the OG Air Jordans, but you can take care of that part.

[pic - click to view]

Shoe Trees

Sneaker Price Equivalent: One-tenth of a pair of Air Jordan Retro IVs

Even the most premium materials and best-constructed sneakers aren’t immune to the toe crease. Keeping a shoe-tree of some sort in the toe area will help keep your shoes from getting busted when they are on the shelf as well as stretch them out and keep them smelling nice. You can grab these at almost any department store, and some sneaker stores might have a few products to help you out as well. Throw out those deformed pieces of cardboard and step up to the real thing.

Toothbrush

Sneaker Price Equivalent: A pair of shoelaces

It's the oldest tool in the sneaker care arsenal, and still one of the most important. What, Buggin' Out was wrong? Keep all the high-tech stuff back at the crib and just shove a toothbrush (new, please) in your pocket or your bag when you're heading out. That way if someone DOES step on your brand-new Air Jordans, at least you can try and take care of the worst of it right away.

[pic - click to view]

Source

34 comments for "10 Non-Sneaker Items Every Sneakerhead Should Own"

5 years ago '05        #2
THEINFAMOUS 19 heat pts19
space
space
$47,200 | Props total: 11807 11807
Only thing I got is "actual shoes"

Then again I dont consider myself a sneakerHEAD
 5 years ago '04        #3
B SQUEEZE 
space
space
$1,778 | Props total: 1 1
lmao @ this sh*t.... yeah lemme get all this sh*t together so i can be an official "sneakerhead" fu*k that term anyway, sh*ts exploited and corny, im just a dude who enjoys footwear
 08-29-2012, 11:57 AM         #4
CS35  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
These are all sneaker items tho ain't it suppose to be non sneaker items? fu*k this sh*t
 5 years ago '06        #5
down2earth 18 heat pts18
space
space
$3,391 | Props total: 0 0
This list is a.ss!

My list:
- Shoe cleaner
- Suede cleaner
- 2 nail brushes: one for cleaning suede and the other for cleaning nubuck leather.
- Suede brush (have one specifically made for taking care of suede)
- Water repellent (water based, not silicon based)
- Shoe containers if boxes are missing
- Sneaker shields, force fields, or something to prevent creases
- Loose thin paper to use to stuff shoes as a shoe tree
- Extra laces

The total price: $30- $50 (maybe more depending on how much you spend on extra sh*t like containers)
 5 years ago '06        #6
mikeydooodie 3 heat pts
space
space
$2,910 | Props total: 209 209
yo i swear to god the jason markk cleaner left a yellow marking on a pair of infrared 90's i had and i refuse to ever use that sh*t again. only good thing i got from that was the brush now i only use mint cleaner from foot locker

and them cole haan wingtips are fire
 5 years ago '05        #7
daliff89 1 heat pts
space
space
$13,412 | Props total: 45 45
I lol'd @ "real shoes" and then posting some Cole Haan Lunargrands

They're a company owned by Nike and that shoe has a Lunarlon sole

This list is sh*t.
 5 years ago '04        #8
goke11429 3 heat pts
space
space
$11,252 | Props total: 12 12
metro card
reliable car
consistent money flow

since sophomore year of college i grew out of it
 5 years ago '05        #9
BronxBombers 195 heat pts195
space
space
$37,697 | Props total: 2454 2454
@ This List
 5 years ago '10        #10
ColeWorld 42 heat pts42
space
space
$10,622 | Props total: 1617 1617
I'm tired of the term "sneakerhead".
 5 years ago '11        #11
Sandor Clegane 68 heat pts68
space
space
$9,255 | Props total: 3738 3738
Seinfeld Complete Series Boxset on DVD is a must

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

5 years ago '04        #12
RYLNYC|m 5 heat pts
space
space
$11,841 | Props total: 1133 1133
This is the dumbest sh-t ever.

Needing a DSLR camera because you collect sneakers, is the equivalent of needing a car because you collect stamps. Irrelevant nonsense.
 5 years ago '04        #13
marcchrome 42 heat pts42
space
space
$11,751 | Props total: 2411 2411
 specialk103185 said:
In no particular order

1. Just for Kicks (DVD) - good documentary on sneaker culture in general
2. Jason Markk Cleaner - cleans almost any shoe
3. A Decent Gold Watch --matches everything
4. DSLR or a dope point and shoot
5. Nike+ and the matching App
6. Black Leather Jacket
7. A good set of headphones
8. A nice wallet/card holder
9. Fresh Prince of Bel-Air : Complete Seasons 1-6
10. A good pair of shades.

5 years ago '09        #14
Baynut 5 heat pts
space
space
$9,200 | Props total: 3076 3076
 08-30-2012, 08:19 AM         #15
Shoevillain  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
The only things I own on that list are a toothbrush and a few of those books.

Damn ... Guess I failed the Sneakerhead test ...
 5 years ago '05        #16
THEINFAMOUS 19 heat pts19
space
space
$47,200 | Props total: 11807 11807
 specialk103185 said:
In no particular order

1. Just for Kicks (DVD) - good documentary on sneaker culture in general
2. Jason Markk Cleaner - cleans almost any shoe
3. A Decent Gold Watch --matches everything
4. DSLR or a dope point and shoot
5. Nike+ and the matching App
6. Black Leather Jacket
7. A good set of headphones
8. A nice wallet/card holder
9. Fresh Prince of Bel-Air : Complete Seasons 1-6
10. A good pair of shades.
What do headphones and a jacket have to do with shoes
 5 years ago '10        #17
Kool Aid 8 heat pts
space
space
$4,956 | Props total: 1990 1990
I got a Toothbrush.
 5 years ago '06        #18
philly337 20 heat pts20
space
space
$29,009 | Props total: 10681 10681
What's a good way to clean them? Always used magic drawers but getting a yellow tint around the outside of the bottom of the shoe on two white pairs I have...fu*king hate that sh*t

Should I throw them out or is there a shoe cleaner out there that will actually get the yellowish out Nd make it white again
 5 years ago '04        #19
mistabeecee41 16 heat pts16
space
space
$599 | Props total: 207 207
Boat shoes.
 08-30-2012, 09:27 AM         #20
mk88  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 philly337 said:
What's a good way to clean them? Always used magic drawers but getting a yellow tint around the outside of the bottom of the shoe on two white pairs I have...fu*king hate that sh*t

Should I throw them out or is there a shoe cleaner out there that will actually get the yellowish out Nd make it white again
seaglow should take out the yellowing, although it is a process

i personally have not used it, because I don't mind my shoes yellowing, but i know a few cats that have used seaglow on 5s and 11s...and they have actually taken out the yellowing from the shoe pretty well
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - China is raising the next generation of African elites by tra..
59 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
joie chavis
35 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Infinity War Countdown - 140 days left: Disney pulls dick out on the entertain..
89 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside Roseanne Revival Gets Premiere Date on ABC — Watch Season 10 Teaser
58 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Ashamed Of Pixel Sales, Google Begins Hiding Pixel Launcher Install Count In P..
8 comments
2 days ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
94 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside XXXTentacles facing 77 years in jail :niggaomg:
194 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Dad challenges daughter’s boyfriend to video game grudge match, gets ..
18 comments
2 days ago
@games
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy