Aug 29 - Bill Nye The Science Guy Rips On American's Who Teach Creationism To Children

most viewed right now
Migos clown Joe Budden to oblivion
70 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Well Damn quavo is out here clowning buddens again
127 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sweet Colombian....Baddie... IDK nigga she got ass and she pretty. peep
31 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL CBS James Brown Hairline Is Seriously Making Me Uncomfortable
72 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '05        #121
freshtoodef 5 heat pts
space
space
$5,609 | Props total: 4370 4370
fu*k it were in the matrix anyway
 08-31-2012, 08:18 AM         #122
Michael_Moore 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

[video - click to view]

08-31-2012, 08:28 AM         #123
Michael_Moore 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 JordanWest86 said:
How is it so unreal that the bible failed to mention dinosaurs and their extinction. .
you ever hear of Noah's flood?
 08-31-2012, 08:30 AM         #124
Michael_Moore 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 TheMindOf said:
You do know that creationist believe that dinosaurs NEVER existed right..

see it's moronic posts like this that prove inconclusively that athiests dont know the 1st thing about the Bible and/or haven't read it with understanding...
 5 years ago '06        #125
nightmare 429 heat pts429
space
space
$13,073 | Props total: 37 37
 Kadillac87 said:
I'm naive but you have yet to answer any of the simple questions I have posed. Come on Mr. Logical thinker, you can't even tell me what scientific facts do not rely upon a.ssumptions? There's people that believe in parallel dimensions with no proof. People who believe in panspermia. People who have even "found" correlation between race and intelligence to uphold their own racist beliefs. But science doesn't have a fringe right? Everything in science is absolute truths?

ur foolish. first of all i address ur initial question hella times, secondly, ur argument doesnt even make sense, because you're arguing about scientists who believe in stuff like parallel universes, but that does notthing to discredit science as a whole, so wtf are u talking about? not all science is recognized as absolute truth, i never sed that, but u have been saying that no science is factual which is idiotic as hell, of course not all science is based in fact, but that doesnt mean the total opposite is true
 5 years ago '06        #126
space
space
 Michael_Moore said:

see it's moronic posts like this that prove inconclusively that athiests dont know the 1st thing about the Bible and/or haven't read it with understanding...
hows that moronic? creationists actually do belief that. not saying the bible says or doesnt say that, but a sh*t ton of creationists believe that independent of the bible :ohhellnonas:
 5 years ago '11        #127
Kadillac87 225 heat pts225
space
space
$17,495 | Props total: 6665 6665
 nightmare said:
ur foolish. first of all i address ur initial question hella times, secondly, ur argument doesnt even make sense, because you're arguing about scientists who believe in stuff like parallel universes, but that does notthing to discredit science as a whole, so wtf are u talking about? not all science is recognized as absolute truth, i never sed that, but u have been saying that no science is factual which is idiotic as hell, of course not all science is based in fact, but that doesnt mean the total opposite is true
Well I missed you address of my question so could you please answer it again. What scientific facts do no rely on a.ssumptions?

And how does my argument does not make sense? I'm using your train of thought. Using people who believe in something without any proof to discredit the whole. Isn't that what you're doing? Anybody that believe that God created the universe is a creationist. Not everybody who believes in God believes Satan planted dinosaur bones and things like that. You're trying to use a small group to characterize the whole. I never said science isn't factual. I said it relies on a.ssumptions. Science call their a.ssumptions logical reasoning while people who believe in God call it faith. Having a fancy name for it doesn't change the fact that you can't prove it to be 100% true.
 5 years ago '06        #128
space
space
 Kadillac87 said:
Well I missed you address of my question so could you please answer it again. What scientific facts do no rely on a.ssumptions?

And how does my argument does not make sense? I'm using your train of thought. Using people who believe in something without any proof to discredit the whole. Isn't that what you're doing? Anybody that believe that God created the universe is a creationist. Not everybody who believes in God believes Satan planted dinosaur bones and things like that. You're trying to use a small group to characterize the whole. I never said science isn't factual. I said it relies on a.ssumptions. Science call their a.ssumptions logical reasoning while people who believe in God call it faith. Having a fancy name for it doesn't change the fact that you can't prove it to be 100% true.
ok firstly i think, we're had a misunderstanding, my initial arguement was aimed at those wild creationists who want creationism to be taught in schools and DO believe in all the crazy stuff i listed earlier, so thats clear

now the second part HOW THE FACT is faith and science the same thinng? thats BS.

Faith, i cant see it, experience it, feel it, but somehow i kno its there

Science, for example with wind, sure i cant see it, but i can feel it, test it and breath it, i need it to survive, how is that an a.ssumption, since ive tested this millions of times and got the same consistent results?

in science, thoeries can be based on a.ssumption, but once u TEST it and proof it, its factual, meanwhile in religion, ppl just have FAITH in something with no investigation based on someones word and live their WHOLE on that word, which has bee translated and reinterpreted and manipulated for 1000s of years

Last edited by nightmare; 08-31-2012 at 09:09 AM..
 5 years ago '11        #129
space
space
 nightmare said:
ok firstly i think, we're had a misunderstanding, my initial arguement was aimed at those wild creationists who want creationism to be taught in schools and DO believe in all the crazy stuff i listed earlier, so thats clear

now the second part HOW THE FACT is faith and science the same thinng? thats BS.

Faith, i cant see it, experience it, feel it, but somehow i kno its there

Science, for example with wind, sure i cant see it, but i can feel it, test it and breath it, i need it to survive, how is that an a.ssumption, since ive tested this millions of times and got the same consistent results?

in science, thoeries can be based on a.ssumption, but once u TEST it and proof it, its factual, meanwhile in religion, ppl just have FAITH in something with no investigation based on someones word and live their WHOLE on that word, which has bee translated and reinterpreted and manipulated for 1000s of years

I never said science and faith are the samething. I said they both have gaps that cannot be fully explained by human methods. You think when I say science rely on a.ssumptions, that I'm talking about hypotheses. That is not the case. Go read many of the laws in science. Most of them make the a.ssumptions that the conditions experienced on Earth are valid throughout the universe. Now, we can't explore every universe and galaxy and test the conditions can we? Even at it's core, science relies on a.ssumptions that can't be proven. Yes, you can test things in science. It doesn't prove it to be truth. It just proves that under CERTAIN CONDITIONS, this is the expected behavior. How does science explain unexpected behavior? It throws it out and calls it an anomaly. Do you know how many scientific laws have been proven untrue, even after exhaustive testing has supported it for many years? See Newton's Laws of Motion and Einstein's Theory of Relativity. Who's to say the same scientific laws that here today, wont be proven untrue in the future?

And it's funny you talk about manipulation as if science is free from it. I guess you never heard of Gregor Mendel. Why is it that nobody has been able to reproduce his results? Why is it that people think he "cooked" his results just like many other scientists of the time? People manipulate science to fit their views also. You know how many scientific studies upheld the view that black people should be treated like animal because they are genetically inferior?

But hey, religion is the only thing subject to errors and manipulation from man, right?

Last edited by Kadillac87; 08-31-2012 at 09:50 AM..
 5 years ago '06        #130
space
space
 Kadillac87 said:
I never said science and faith are the samething. I said they both have gaps that cannot be fully explained by human methods. You think when I say science rely on a.ssumptions, that I'm talking about hypotheses. That is not the case. Go read many of the laws in science. Most of them make the a.ssumptions that the conditions experienced on Earth are valid throughout the universe. Now, we can't explore every universe and galaxy and test the conditions can we? Even at it's core, science relies on a.ssumptions that can't be proven. Yes, you can test things in science. It doesn't prove it to be truth. It just proves that under CERTAIN CONDITIONS, this is the expected behavior. How does science explain unexpected behavior? It throws it out and calls it an anomaly. Do you know how many scientific laws have been proven untrue, even after exhaustive testing has supported it for many years? See Newton's Laws of Motion and Einstein's Theory of Relativity. Who's to say the same scientific laws that here today, wont be proven untrue in the future?

And it's funny you talk about manipulation as if science is free from it. I guess you never heard of Gregor Mendel. Why is it that nobody has been able to reproduce his results? Why is it that people think he "cooked" his results just like many other scientists of the time? People manipulate science to fit their views also. You know how many scientific studies upheld the view that black people should be treated like animal because they are genetically inferior?

But hey, religion is the only thing subject to errors and manipulation from man, right?

funny you say that since, God, is supposed to perfect and omnipotent, yet all ur faith lies in rickety a.ss evidence, meanwhile science is much more consistent

however i will agree with you, that we currently have no way of knowing if these conditions exist throughout the entire universe
 5 years ago '11        #131
space
space
 nightmare said:
funny you say that since, God, is supposed to perfect and omnipotent, yet all ur faith lies in rickety a.ss evidence, meanwhile science is much more consistent

however i will agree with you, that we currently have no way of knowing if these conditions exist throughout the entire universe
I wake up every morning with free will. That's enough evidence for me.
 5 years ago '08        #132
stlcardinals19 32 heat pts32
space
space
$19,052 | Props total: 4781 4781
Hasn't Quantum Physics shown us that something can come from nothing, though? Just throwing that out there.
 5 years ago '11        #133
space
space
 stlcardinals19 said:
Hasn't Quantum Physics shown us that something can come from nothing, though? Just throwing that out there.
It depends on how you define nothing. Not really trying to get into a discussion of quantum fluctuations, Heinsberg's Uncertainty, and virtual particles. We can never be sure that an vacuum is empty according to quantum mechanics.

[video - click to view]

Not really my forte, hopefully this youtube video can explain what they mean by "nothing".
 5 years ago '11        #134
space
space
 berzerkerguts said:
I prefer to believe in positive energy systems kinda like karma but a little different. My big thing with religion is the whole praising thing.... If I am the best nicest caring person on the planet but I don't praise god I don't get to go to heaven???? If he is so caring and understanding how could he not understand my non belief without and evidence? Did he create us to be dense puppets which is also a deal breaker. Either way fu*k it I know some people need it for hope......I hope most people drop it for self realization/endrant.
I don't know everything but the problem with your statement according to the Bible is you are relying on your own standard for evidence and what is good. God judges the heart. If you actively seek him, he will find you. According to the Bible, there are people who walked with Christ and still didn't believe. Who's to say you would too, if provided with such evidence? I know this point is probably moot since you don't believe in the Bible, but it speaks on such things. Men ignoring the qualities of God and worshipping the created, instead of the creator.

Romans 1 18-25

18 God’s anger is revealed from heaven against every ungodly and immoral thing people do as they try to suppress the truth by their immoral living. 19 What can be known about God is clear to them because he has made it clear to them. 20 From the creation of the world, God’s invisible qualities, his eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly observed in what he made. As a result, people have no excuse. 21 They knew God but did not praise and thank him for being God. Instead, their thoughts were total nonsense, and their misguided minds were plunged into darkness. 22 While claiming to be wise, they became fools. 23 They exchanged the glory of the immortal God for statues that looked like mortal humans, birds, animals, and snakes.
24 For this reason God allowed their lusts to control them. As a result, they dishonor their bodies by s3xual perversion with each other. 25 These people have exchanged God’s truth for a lie. So they have become ungodly and serve what is created rather than the Creator, who is blessed forever. Amen!

You are free to believe what you believe though. God all gave us free will. I am not God nor do I pretend to be. My knowledge of judgements and the ways of God are limited.

5 years ago '09        #135
KNerd 2 heat pts
space
space
space
$524 | Props total: 1 1
Some people in this thread have convinced me humanity is fu*ked. The brain power to do anything and you choose to believe in fairy tales.
 5 years ago '06        #136
space
space
 Kadillac87 said:
I wake up every morning with free will. That's enough evidence for me.
i dont necessarily agree with you, but if thats all you need, then i have no problem with ur beliefs.

i just thought u were one of those extremists
 5 years ago '10        #137
phillyfirst215 
space
space
$267 | Props total: 6 6
 Andrefrbk said:
Im fuking done...

I cant take it anymore. n*ggas in here have absolutely no humanity. We are by far the most unique animals in the whole kingdom. We have the ability to think, experiment, and reason.

Then we have motherfukas who waste their time talking about higher powers, and all that other fukery.

THINGS WE CANNOT TEST...

Why do people insist on arguing their beliefs in the higher power/god's. WHY!? Its such a pointless notion to dwell on, or even argue about. I say this because it offers nothing to help humanity. Why believe in something that isnt tangible or can be investigated and proven.
Do you understand what im saying?

Learning about life, how it was created, how it evolved is 20x more valuable to invest your brain power into. Than sitting there trying to say god and higher power's created everything. Religion/god has done absolutely nothing to advance the human race.

Throughout history religion divided us, kept us from thinking freely, and answering tough questions using experiments. Proving all the religious ideals false, time and time again. The earth is flat, the earth is the center, the earth and its inhabitant came to be in 7 days... So called prophets, telling partially instinctive human beings how to live, and governing their lives. Because a god/higher power is looking down upon them, in the heavens, clouds, inside of a rotton azzhole what ever.

YO PEOPLE GROW UP, EDUCATE YOURSELVES, HELP US SUSTAIN THE HUMAN RACE, SO WE CAN SEE THE UNIVERSE... Like i said we got 5 billion years left on this biitch, its been calculated that the sun will grow and engulf the earth/or blow up from its size. Slowly religion is phasing out, every century people are getting with the program. Im some what confident that by 2100 humans will stop believing in shiit they cant prove, and spend their lives problem solving, discover things, and thinking for themselves instead of waiting for god to do it for them.
Thats fine but your missing my point. You went on a rant against the bible in your reply to the dude but he never even mentioned the bible or a religious affiliation....thats all I was saying.
 5 years ago '07        #138
Playa 70 heat pts70
space
space
$22,834 | Props total: 194 194
I don't see how people beleive we've been here for less than 10,000 years when so many facts indicate that we've been here longer. African jewelry dating 75,000 years back indicates early concepts of civilization. Hell, physical looks outside of Africa are results of climate changes and the Ice Age which occured within the last 100,000 years. All of our scientific advancements have given ways for us to study this information. These same people who interpret their religious stories literally utilize tools made from scientific endeavors everyday. Why should they shoot down scientists when they look to uncover the literal truth about our origin? You supported everything else science made possible. Hypocrits.

People still interpret the scriptures on a second grade level.

Yes their was a designer - God but he did not create his artwork in cartoonish manners and he does not look like an old man with a beard. He's a higher being. We are made in his image which means we, too, can create. Look at all the art, ideological concepts, and technology we develop to give meaning to the life we live.

Last edited by Playa; 09-01-2012 at 01:11 AM..
 5 years ago '04        #139
buck1623 
space
space
space
$991 | Props total: 361 361
kadillac87 eithered you niqqas for 8pages by himself

Also their are different forms of christianity so plz stop lumping every religon into one category(spelling)
 5 years ago '06        #140
space
space
 buck1623 said:
kadillac87 eithered you niqqas for 8pages by himself

Also their are different forms of christianity so plz stop lumping every religon into one category(spelling)
he aint ether nobody, wtf
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
40 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside He just burned the soul of a lazy teacher
87 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Fans Find Doo Doo Condoms and Lube While Digging into Zac Efrons Trash!
227 comments
21 hours ago
@misc
most viewed right now
Video inside XXXTentacion gets 7 more charges added to his case and asks fans to sho..
92 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
I love things about her, but I still don't love her
68 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside How Apple has won (and kept) my business
51 comments
19 hours ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Article inside ‘Star Wars: The Last Jedi’ Early Buzz: A Surprising, Funny and Jaw-Dr..
31 comments
18 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Black In Crew: Chicago Baddie & Potential “No PullOut” Candidate
54 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy