Aug 29 - Bill Nye The Science Guy Rips On American's Who Teach Creationism To Children

most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
36 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
113 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
106 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
154 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '11        #21
FcukItImOnOne 
space
space
$1,684 | Props total: 689 689
Prometheus
 5 years ago '04        #22
eddiefizzle 133 heat pts133
space
space
$2,791 | Props total: 506 506
evolution is for subjective non-objective people, they will never go outside themselves poor fu*ks
 5 years ago '09        #23
KNerd 2 heat pts
space
space
space
$524 | Props total: 1 1
 FcukItImOnOne said:
Prometheus
Thats closest to what I believe right there.
 5 years ago '09        #24
KNerd 2 heat pts
space
space
space
$524 | Props total: 1 1
 eddiefizzle said:
evolution is for subjective non-objective people, they will never go outside themselves poor fu*ks
Care to elaborate?
 5 years ago '07        #25
Ham Rove 3511 heat pts3511
space
space
$55,224 | Props total: 19982 19982

[video - click to view]

5 years ago '11        #26
keen77 3 heat pts
space
space
$2,252 | Props total: 1 1
 tdnupe3 said:
Believing that a "guy in the sky" snapped his fingers and created humans is just a silly notion. It sounds like a bedtime story to explain human origins to a small child.

On the other hand, to believe that life on earth came about as some cosmic accident is just as silly. Things are too perfect for there to not have been a "designer".

Just my $.02
He didn't "just snap his fingers" though. He created the heavens and the earth in 7 days, taking a full day just for man.
&
"But do not let this one fact escape your notice, beloved, that with the Lord one day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years like one day." 2 Peter 3:8

so who really knows? Only God. Those who accept the free gift of salvation, not a religion, but a relationship with Christ Jesus, who came "not to judge the world, but to save it" from sin and from death, will find out all in Heaven one day.

Small parts to the theory of evolution are certainly true, as planned and permitted by God. However to take it in its extremist whole, as a substitute for a God making us "fearfully and wonderfully" as His "craftsmanship," is to deny our very identity and glory, while attempting humanistic justification, explanation and self-glorification. Ironic?
 5 years ago '11        #27
keen77 3 heat pts
space
space
$2,252 | Props total: 1 1
 KNerd said:
Thats closest to what I believe right there.
Prometheus and other ancient harbingers unto "human godship" are counterfeit, and do nothing but create more idols, false gods, and evil spirits.

Check this out if you haven't yet
[spoiler - click to view]

or listen online
[spoiler - click to view]

5 years ago '08        #28
stlcardinals19 32 heat pts32
space
space
$19,057 | Props total: 4836 4836
 Screwhead said:
Can anyone prove God exists?

No.

Can anyone prove God (or a God) doesn't exist?

No.

Everyone needs to chill the hell out, and let people live their lives.

The burden of proof in scientific debates, and things like Court of Law rests on those making a positive statement, though(E.G. "God Exists")
 5 years ago '04        #29
YoungForcers 
space
space
$2,089 | Props total: 147 147
I thought this guy was dead
 5 years ago '04        #30
Screwhead|m 194 heat pts194
space
space
$14,976 | Props total: 278 278
 stlcardinals19 said:
The burden of proof in scientific debates, and things like Court of Law rests on those making a positive statement, though(E.G. "God Exists")
These are individual beliefs, not general information that MUST be adhered to.

If "you" don't want to believe in God, then keep it moving.....it's a personal decision.

Congress (or any governmental body in the U.S.) shall make no law in favor of or against a particular Religion, so the "Court of Law" point is (and should be) moot on this issue.

Freedom means that no one has to explain or justify their peaceful personal decisions to anyone else.

There is no burden of proof on beliefs because no one has to prove anything to you.

Just as you don't have to prove anything to anyone else.

Freedom, isn't it great?
 5 years ago '11        #31
Kadillac87 225 heat pts225
space
space
$17,495 | Props total: 6665 6665
So believing in God is stupid but basing everything on a theory that is unproven is educated?

I guess I'll be an idiot for not believing humans know the answer to everything.
 5 years ago '05        #32
Andrefrbk 1067 heat pts1067 OP
space
space
$22,888 | Props total: 5124 5124
Evolution is not really a theory... Most of it is proven. We have physical evidence. You guys didnt take an evolution course in HS/UNI?

There is just too much physical evidence to deny evolution.

But there is no evidence of a "God(s)" so its highly unlikely that there is. Just because you cant prove god doesn't exist doesn't mean it does. I cant prove that care bears exist, but do they exist? I could believe they exist... And make it a religion. But that would be silly right? Exactly.

God simply does not exist because most of the bible and other religious text is filled with conservative crap. Which is not backed up by any facts, and we have yet to witness anything.

Religion should not be taken seriously. Ive been to church about a 3 dozen times... My mom tried to make me do the sunday school thing as a kid. It really is big fuking joke. I say this because i went to a liberal hippy elementary school where i discovered science early. SO it was really all a joke to me. Ive been to catholic churches as well. Ive also sat in on Muslim seminars, its just make believe.

I get it, you want to believe in something, and thats good. You want to believe that someone is going to reward you for good deeds, and punish those who behave badly. Ok... We all like to pretend, and use our imagination.

[video - click to view]

[video - click to view]

If you dont understand basic biology, and some genetics you simply will not understand or get why evolution isnt really much of a theory. Its more like a puzzle with a few tiny pieces missing to make it a law. We are still discovering the remains of "Homo" human like fossils.

See evolution is something you can prove, its fact. Creationism is something you believe in. There is a difference. You can choose to be ignorant and ignore scientific fact, or believe in what ever you want to. But for the sake of the children do not ruin their lives by feeding them bullshiit about building life as we know it in 7 day's... Its fuked up, because religion in 20-30 years will probably be significantly phased out. Your child will sound fuking retarded if they keep believing creationism.

I fuking hate the "God" particle. Stop calling it the god particle.

[video - click to view]

Prof. Kaku is a cool dude, spoke to him before. But seriously wtf is a god particle.

Yo, its like you can be smart, but your critical thinking ability sucks... I see smart people that are religious. They might lack the ability to reason, and think logically. And i honestly believe that how you are raised plays a major part. I was raised by parents who are religious, but they didnt force religion on me. Just by discovering on my own, I learned that fact is fact. And belief is simply belief. I dont like to make believe, religion is for play... Life is too short, i dont have to to play around. I got shiit to do, gotta keep my mind open, form my own morals and guidelines for my life. This isn't year 300, i dont need religion to keep me in line. Millions of years of evolution, gave me an advanced brain capable of doing amazing things.

I can think for my self thank you very much.

Last edited by Andrefrbk; 08-30-2012 at 09:08 AM..
 08-30-2012, 10:02 AM         #33
Hurricane24 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
likesomeone else in the thread said, i think you need to look at both creatism and evolution, i acknowledge that evolution is real but still have a hard time understanding life coming from nothing, we have theories but no real answer for how life began. something can't come from nothing. i don't go around thinking if i stub my toe its a sign from god, but i think life is. Also athiests, chill the fu*k out, evolution does not mean no god, athiests on this site attack people who speak up about religion a ll the time, we get it, you don't believe in god, no use forcing your ideals, you never win that way
 5 years ago '11        #34
Kadillac87 225 heat pts225
space
space
$17,495 | Props total: 6665 6665
 Andrefrbk said:
Evolution is not really a theory... Most of it is proven. We have physical evidence. You guys didnt take an evolution course in HS/UNI?

There is just too much physical evidence to deny evolution.

But there is no evidence of a "God(s)" so its highly unlikely that there is. Just because you cant prove god doesn't exist doesn't mean it does. I cant prove that care bears exist, but do they exist? I could believe they exist... And make it a religion. But that would be silly right? Exactly.

God simply does not exist because most of the bible and other religious text is filled with conservative crap. Which is not backed up by any facts, and we have yet to witness anything.

Religion should not be taken seriously. Ive been to church about a 3 dozen times... My mom tried to make me do the sunday school thing as a kid. It really is big fuking joke. I say this because i went to a liberal hippy elementary school where i discovered science early. SO it was really all a joke to me. Ive been to catholic churches as well. Ive also sat in on Muslim seminars, its just make believe.

I get it, you want to believe in something, and thats good. You want to believe that someone is going to reward you for good deeds, and punish those who behave badly. Ok... We all like to pretend, and use our imagination.

If you dont understand basic biology, and some genetics you simply will not understand or get why evolution isnt really much of a theory. Its more like a puzzle with a few tiny pieces missing to make it a law. We are still discovering the remains of "Homo" human like fossils.

See evolution is something you can prove, its fact. Creationism is something you believe in. There is a difference. You can choose to be ignorant and ignore scientific fact, or believe in what ever you want to. But for the sake of the children do not ruin their lives by feeding them bullshiit about building life as we know it in 7 day's... Its fuked up, because religion in 20-30 years will probably be significantly phased out. Your child will sound fuking retarded if they keep believing creationism.

I fuking hate the "God" particle. Stop calling it the god particle.

Prof. Kaku is a cool dude, spoke to him before. But seriously wtf is a god particle.

Yo, its like you can be smart, but your critical thinking ability sucks... I see smart people that are religious. They might lack the ability to reason, and think logically. And i honestly believe that how you are raised plays a major part. I was raised by parents who are religious, but they didnt force religion on me. Just by discovering on my own, I learned that fact is fact. And belief is simply belief. I dont like to make believe, religion is for play... Life is too short, i dont have to to play around. I got shiit to do, gotta keep my mind open, form my own morals and guidelines for my life. This isn't year 300, i dont need religion to keep me in line. Millions of years of evolution, gave me an advanced brain capable of doing amazing things.

I can think for my self thank you very much.
Nobody has yet to prove that man evolved from Ape. Nobody has yet to prove that the universe was caused by the Big Bang. Hell, even Netwon's Law of Gravity has been downgraded to a theory recently. Most of science is based on theories and a.ssumptions, not fact. Even Gregor Mendel has been accused of fraud by cooking his data to get the results he wanted. That's the thing with science. There is no absolute truth because a lot of findings are a result of bias, not of actual observation. This is the same science that says black people are genetically predisposed to being dumber than whites. Like I said before, believing in God is stupid but believing through random occurrence that something non living turned into a complex living structure is educated. Both require a leap of faith in something.

Last edited by Kadillac87; 08-30-2012 at 11:04 AM..
 5 years ago '08        #35
stlcardinals19 32 heat pts32
space
space
$19,057 | Props total: 4836 4836
 Screwhead said:
These are individual beliefs, not general information that MUST be adhered to.

If "you" don't want to believe in God, then keep it moving.....it's a personal decision.
That's me, personally, I really don't have any problems w/anyone believing in God, I don't, but I've seen it bring some hope to those that needed it. Can't knock it.

Congress (or any governmental body in the U.S.) shall make no law in favor of or against a particular Religion, so the "Court of Law" point is (and should be) moot on this issue.
But there've been court challenges to adhere to a more Christian-style of teaching towards all kids, most notably in Texas and in LA. Granted I'm veering away from a singular God, here, and more towards the Christian God, but just work w/me.

Freedom means that no one has to explain or justify their peaceful personal decisions to anyone else.
But doesn't that mean those same decisions can be questioned?

There is no burden of proof on beliefs because no one has to prove anything to you.

Just as you don't have to prove anything to anyone else.

Freedom, isn't it great?
Again, I've no problems w/a belief in God, but I DO have had some w/those who believe in God. I have famo that's Gay, and not only can they get married but they cannot even adopt children through the Christian-run adopting agencies. The only way for them, and their supporters to sway public opinion is to attack, and deligitimize the Christian belief. Their(Christians/Muslims) claim is b/c of God's word, and so if you work to prove God's word isn't very real, then public's perception on their rights to marry and be parents sways to a positive note, no? I'd say it's foul attacking another beliefs if you already had the right that belief was opposed to, but for folks, like my cuzzo, it's not there, so they're gonna have to do what they need to do. That's really why I said the burden of proof relies on those making a positive claim, b/c I feel the govt should step in on this issues.

Last edited by stlcardinals19; 08-30-2012 at 11:07 AM..
 5 years ago '04        #36
ShaneDawg 2 heat pts
space
space
space
$2,773 | Props total: 0 0
i think it's funny that both sides believe they have the absolute right answer. the evolutionists are no better than the creationists by saying "you're idea is wrong, this is the right answer"

we have no idea how complex the universe is. think of all the things we know about that we can't explain. as soon as we figure one thing out, there are a dozen more mysteries that come with it
 08-30-2012, 12:26 PM         #37
kevante 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
It pains me when people say "how can we come from monkeys..."
I hear this sh*t so often, from people who don't even know what evolution is

pete jr said:
Can intelligent design and evolution and coexist?

[pic - click to view]

But the problem is that evolution and science discredits a lot of things creationists believe in, like the Earth only being 3000 years old, Humans being a result of evolution as opposed to being created by God, and then there's dinosaurs...

Basically, the old version of creationism has been debunked, and those clinging to it are in denial in the face of scientific and provable facts.

ShaneDawg said:
i think it's funny that both sides believe they have the absolute right answer. the evolutionists are no better than the creationists by saying "you're idea is wrong, this is the right answer"

we have no idea how complex the universe is. think of all the things we know about that we can't explain. as soon as we figure one thing out, there are a dozen more mysteries that come with it
Evolution can be proven, but the mechanism in which it works is the theory. Just like gravity exists, but the theory to describe how it works(first Isaac Newton's, and now Einstien's) can change. Scientific facts are subject to change with new evidence. Creationism relies solely on the bible and it's unprovable claims.

I understand what you're saying, that both groups of people think they have the absolute right answer, but a true scientist doesn't think that way. There are no absolutes and we might discover something new tomorrow.

Last edited by kevante; 08-30-2012 at 12:38 PM..
 5 years ago '07        #38
JordanWest86 23 heat pts23
space
space
$3,840 | Props total: 2105 2105
 Andrefrbk said:
Well the bible said the earth was what? 6k years old? So god created all this in 6k years?

Evolution is a very very slow process, that takes MILLIONS of years. Species branching constantly to form different species. Humans are the same way, the bible did not mention any of our "Homo" ancestors from millions of years ago. How can god create man, and forget to mention their ancestors? Its impossible to believe evolution, god, and creationism. They conflict far too much.

Also, its unusual that religious text fails to mention the dinosaurs, and their extinction. Id imagine if god created man, he also created dinosaurs, yet some how prophets etc. never mentioned it.

There is no mention of the earliest form of life that would eventually become us.

The reason why living things exist on this earth is because billions of years ago a single cell organism was formed, the conditions were just right. Providing all the necessary elements for the components of life. Carbon, oxygen, hydrogen, nitrogen, phosphorous, and the many many others.

Simply put there is absolutely no WAY the bible can be factual. If you think the bible is factual then i feel very sorry for you and others my friend.

parting large bodies of water with their hands, healing people with touch, creating everything you see in 7 days? Really though? 4-5 billion years of evolution, created by a god in 7 days. Oh wow that's impressive. Shiit goes against proven laws of physics, and medical science. Adam and eve? REALLY REAAAAALY!? Absolutely no evidence of this.

Let there be light... Where are the dinosaurs that ruled the earth for a billion years? It would be helpful if god's prophets told us how they became extinct. So we can confirm or reject the big bang theory. That a meteor wiped them out.

To those religious people out there, plz do the world a favor drop it. Create your own guide lines on how you want to live your life, your own morals and standards. Dont let some book with tons of crap turn you into a ignorant fool.

How is it so unreal that the bible failed to mention dinosaurs and their extinction. I dont understand how that one topic can be so unreal to you. There are many animals and things not mentioned in the bible. It is not a book of inventory made for everything on this earth and everything thats happened in this earth's existence.

What are you talking about, there is no mention of its earliest lifeform that became us? Do you know the amount of science and history that has been wrong in the past. Its like you're throwing all your eggs into science and man thought facts.

Do you know that there was a time that man thought we had found the best insulation man could make? We needed better insulation for both the hot and cold weather and electricity costs were going up. Engineers and science solved the problem and made the ultra component, they made another product that put everything else to shame. It was better than all other insulation BY FAR and easier to install. It was also cheaper to make per foot than glass.

So we put it EVERYWHERE. In energy plants, homes, and most of all in SCHOOLS (mostly elementary schools since those were more rampant at the time)

Well about 20 years later we found out this ASBESTOS INSULATION caused cancer and not just any cancer, mesothelioma. The only cancer that has yet to be cured. The Bubonic Plague of cancers and its all over schools built in the mid 1900's.

We thought we were doing good for mankind as a whole and helping all families make it with rising energy costs but we werent as smart as we thought.
 5 years ago '10        #39
TheMindOf 21 heat pts21
space
space
$27,749 | Props total: 16554 16554
 kevante said:

But the problem is that evolution and science discredits a lot of things creationist believe in, like the Earth only being 3000 years old, Humans being a result of evolution as opposed to being created by God, and then there's dinosaurs...

Basically, the old version of creationism has been debunked, and those clinging to it are in denial in the face of scientific and provable facts.

Evolution can be proven, but the mechanism in which it works is the theory. Just like gravity exists, but the theory to describe how it works(first Isaac Newton's, and now Einstien's) can change. Scientific facts are subject to change with new evidence. Creationism relies solely on the bible and it's unprovable claims.

I understand what you're saying, that both groups of people think they have the absolute right answer, but a true scientist doesn't think that way. There's no absolutes and we might discover something new tomorrow.
 08-30-2012, 12:35 PM         #40
kevante 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 stlcardinals19 said:
Again, I've no problems w/a belief in God, but I DO have had some w/those who believe in God. I have famo that's Gay, and not only can they get married but they cannot even adopt children through the Christian-run adopting agencies. The only way for them, and their supporters to sway public opinion is to attack, and deligitimize the Christian belief. Their(Christians/Muslims) claim is b/c of God's word, and so if you work to prove God's word isn't very real, then public's perception on their rights to marry and be parents sways to a positive note, no? I'd say it's foul attacking another beliefs if you already had the right that belief was opposed to, but for folks, like my cuzzo, it's not there, so they're gonna have to do what they need to do. That's really why I said the burden of proof relies on those making a positive claim, b/c I feel the govt should step in on this issues.

We all have fam and friends that are gay, whether we know it or not
Home      

most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
154 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside X-MEN return to Marvel Studios in less than 48 hours
90 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Floor Kids (Game looks dope)
20 comments
2 days ago
@games
most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
71 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Dec 12 - US 'Living Off 1950s Infrastructure,' Must Spend $2 Trillion to Moder..
78 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Snippets of American Dream-Cole ft. Kendrick
46 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA LONZO BALL FULL HIGHLIGHTS DEBUT GAME IN NY GOES OFF FROM 3 POINT LAND :mj..
51 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Who's jumping on this Tron(Trx) Spaceship??
97 comments
2 days ago
@misc
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy